I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Postby MaroonNGold on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

We should sign Eddie Murphy so there'll be some laughter to ease the pain of the destruction of this once-strong program by the idiots who run this place.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby NJM89 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Surprised there wasn't any "right fit" comments from hjs yet
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 pm

If the best BC player in a long time is down with it, so am I. 100%.
Last edited by eaglesfan06 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:36 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:If the best BC player in a long time is down with it, so am I. 100%.

Troy Bell is on board? Or are you referring to Craig Smith?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:If the best BC player in a long time is down with it, so am I. 100%.

I don't know. No one asked for their opinions yet. But they did ask for the best player in recent history's...Mr. Dudley.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Murphy just got a promotion from URI too. He is also the guy who was able to get this guy (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... ews-127888) to commit to URI over the likes of Arizona, Iowa, Missouri, USC, Xavier, Creighton, Dayton and UMass. Umm yes please.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:43 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I don't know. No one asked for their opinions yet. But they did ask for the best player in recent history's...Mr. Dudley.

C'mon son.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Adding Preston Murphy would be another great move for the staff. He is the primary reason Rakim Sanders stayed with BC when Cooley first left for Fairfield.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

C'mon son.

Reggie Jackson was the best raw talent. Dudley was the best player. Troy Bell, in his senior year, couldn't get to the NCAAs with Craig Smith on the team. Troy Bell graduates, Dudley comes in the next year and BC makes 4 straight trips to the NCAAs during Dudley's four years. Dudley's intangibles were off the charts.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

C'mon son.

Reggie Jackson was the best raw talent. Dudley was the best player. Troy Bell, in his senior year, couldn't get to the NCAAs with Craig Smith on the team. Troy Bell graduates, Dudley comes in the next year and BC makes 4 straight trips to the NCAAs during Dudley's four years. Dudley's intangibles were off the charts.

I don't disagree that Dudley was a great player with absurd intangibles, but he is 3rd of 4 on that list you just wrote up. Reggie Jackson wasn't in my though process, although he will have the better pro career.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:09 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Adding Preston Murphy would be another great move for the staff. He is the primary reason Rakim Sanders stayed with BC when Cooley first left for Fairfield.

TIMESTAMP!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Christian hired Bill Wuczynski.

Michael Vega says that the third sport is either Jarvis II or Preston Murphy.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 pm

So frustrating we have to be stuck with this Wuczynski. Could have built an awesome coach staff if we didn't have to drag him along. Did we learn nothing from Donahue dragging along his Ivy league scrub buddies?
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:39 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Craig Smith was our best player in recent history and Troy Bell is not too far behind

This. Shit, I have to agree with vinny.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Craig Smith was our best player in recent history and Troy Bell is not too far behind

This. Shit, I have to agree with vinny.

Not this.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby sparky on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: Smith v Dudley, I never looked at the stats to be honest, but when they were both on the team I thought Dudley was a helluva lot more exciting to watch than Smith. Definitely one of the most fun guys to watch in a BC uni since I've been following them.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:50 pm

sparky {l Wrote}:Re: Smith v Dudley, I never looked at the stats to be honest, but when they were both on the team I thought Dudley was a helluva lot more exciting to watch than Smith. Definitely one of the most fun guys to watch in a BC uni since I've been following them.

Agreed. Dudley was exciting because he was good and demonstrative. But Smith was more dominant.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Smith was the centerpiece of the best BC team in recent history as a senior, a team that Dudley was also on as a junior.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:21 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:So frustrating we have to be stuck with this Wuczynski. Could have built an awesome coach staff if we didn't have to drag him along. Did we learn nothing from Donahue dragging along his Ivy league scrub buddies?

It's not that frustrating, since he appears top be the third assistant.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:So frustrating we have to be stuck with this Wuczynski. Could have built an awesome coach staff if we didn't have to drag him along. Did we learn nothing from Donahue dragging along his Ivy league scrub buddies?

While true, it would have been nice to get a guy with more upside. A third assistant doesn't mean much, but someone who is a bit younger might actually become more intriguing rather than this guy where we know what we get.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

While true, it would have been nice to get a guy with more upside. A third assistant doesn't mean much, but someone who is a bit younger might actually become more intriguing rather than this guy where we know what we get.

Eh, I guess i agree it'd be more intriguing. I still don't like the hire, but the assistants seem well thought out.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:39 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Eh, I guess i agree it'd be more intriguing. I still don't like the hire, but the assistants seem well thought out.

Why do you say Wuczynski is only the 3rd assistant (as opposed to the 2nd)?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Why do you say Wuczynski is only the 3rd assistant (as opposed to the 2nd)?

SOURCES1111!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Serious question - beyond pay, what is the difference between a second and third assistant? Does it matter at all or is it simply a title thing?
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:40 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Serious question - beyond pay, what is the difference between a second and third assistant? Does it matter at all or is it simply a title thing?

I'm not sure it's even a thing.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:16 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:We should sign Eddie Murphy so there'll be some laughter to ease the pain of the destruction of this once-strong program by the idiots who run this place.

When is the last time Eddie Murphy was funny? Arent there any stand ups on the MAC circuit we can hire? Joe DeRosa or maybe Mulaney.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:30 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:We should sign Eddie Murphy so there'll be some laughter to ease the pain of the destruction of this once-strong program by the idiots who run this place.

When is the last time Eddie Murphy was funny?

Probably more recent than the last time maroon&gold was funny
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:41 pm

As long as its not Jay Murphy. Staff is coming along well
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 pm

The new guy should give Christian some semblance of continuity on the actual basketball side of his job. To me, that's a good thing. I won't pretend to have an informed opinion on his merit beyond that, but please don't let me disturb you weirdos' weirdoing.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

When is the last time Eddie Murphy was funny?

Probably more recent than the last time maroon&gold was funny

KA-BLAMM-O
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum