I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:ron's stones is clearly a yukon fan so if you have a problem with that i hope you get a paper cut on your taint from mo'j's yukon jd

I don't think they give diplomas. They may give out ribbons or something like that.

if fordham gives out diplomas i assume all other law talkin schools must as well

Yeah, but Fordham is apparently a diploma mill, so they're equipped for such things.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 am

Bump. Anyone got any info on how BC is currently fucking up the assistant coach search?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:25 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Bump. Anyone got any info on how BC is currently fucking up the assistant coach search?

My sources fell through when the Jay Wright thing fell apart.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:29 am

is tranq still available?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:31 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Bump. Anyone got any info on how BC is currently fucking up the assistant coach search?

They are letting Christian make his decisions, which you could say is a fuck up
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Primetime on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 39s
BREAKING --- Maryland's Scott Spinelli is a done deal to BC as Jim Christian's top assistant, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming.

Finally some good news. Maybe we can even get a recruit for 2014. :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby gene67 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Spinelli..............official to BC
gene67
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 39s
BREAKING --- Maryland's Scott Spinelli is a done deal to BC as Jim Christian's top assistant, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming.

Finally some good news. Maybe we can even get a recruit for 2014. :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Good start
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:30 pm

he's getting a significant raise

Scott Spinelli has signed an agreement with Boston College to become its new head basketball assistant, bringing the former Maryland assistant back home to his native New England, the schools confirmed Monday.
The announcement was a formality, given that Spinelli completed his contract Saturday during a visit to campus, an individual with knowledge of the situation said then.
“I want to thank Mark [Turgeon] for the great opportunity,” Spinelli said in a statement released by the school. “I enjoyed working with him over the past eight years and I am proud of our accomplishments. I had a tremendous experience at Maryland and sincerely enjoyed working closely with the basketball staff, student-athletes and the athletics department. This was a very unique opportunity that was presented to my family and I, and we are eager to return home. On behalf of my entire family, I would like to thank the University of Maryland community and wish them the very best.”
Spinelli’s deal, the specific terms of which were not disclosed, will make him one of the highest-paid assistants in ACC, a source said. During the 2012-13 season, the last season contracts were made available via an open records request, Spinelli made $202,000 with the Terps. According to the source, Boston College offered Spinelli a significant raise.
Spinelli’s impact at Maryland was well-documented. All of the recruits whose courtship he oversaw — Jake Layman, Evan Smotrycz, Seth Allen, Damonte Dodd and Jared Nickens — will be in the program next season and three of them finished in the top four in scoring for the Terps. He also handled the toughest scouting assignments.
Last season, Spinelli was a finalist for gigs at Buffalo and Florida International, but those jobs instead went to Bobby Hurley and Anthony Evans, respectively. His move to Boston College, a program that recently fired Steve Donahue, reunites him with first-year Coach Jim Christian, a fellow Boston University graduate.
“Scott and I have known each other for a long time and have worked together for the last eight years,” Turgeon said in the statement. “He is an outstanding coach and recruiter and has been a great member of my staff while at Wichita State, Texas A&M and Maryland. This is a great personal and professional opportunity for Scott, and it’s a chance for his family to move back to the New England region. Scott’s been a great friend and I wish him, his wife Lynn, and his family the very best.”
The search for Spinelli’s replacement had begun long before his deal was completed, given that the two sides were in “serious talks” for more than a week, but no concrete names have trickled out, only speculation about who might or might not be interested in the job. The Terps are also working to fill their open director of basketball operations position, which was vacated by Dustin Clark after he was promoted to assistant coach following the resignation of Dalonte Hill.

According to the source, the Boston College offer was unexpected to Spinelli, but the combination of a raise and the ability to return home was too much to pass up.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Awesome move by Bates and CO. If we weren't going to break the bank on a head coaching hire, its nice to know that we are willing to spend on assistants to put the right people in place. Although I am still upset with the hire, if Christian turns out to be an above avg X's and O's guy and we surround him with great recruiters I think this thing may turnout alright(until said assistants leave and then we will be in full free fall mode).

You sound like someone who may wish to buy a bridge I own down in Brooklyn.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Awesome move by Bates and CO. If we weren't going to break the bank on a head coaching hire, its nice to know that we are willing to spend on assistants to put the right people in place. Although I am still upset with the hire, if Christian turns out to be an above avg X's and O's guy and we surround him with great recruiters I think this thing may turnout alright(until said assistants leave and then we will be in full free fall mode).

You sound like someone who may wish to buy a bridge I own down in Brooklyn.

...or Providence.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 am

this led me down the rabbit hole of the washington post articles about his hire (apparently he's going to be one of the highest paid assistants in the acc) and subsequently the commenters on those articles. between there & nj the b1g acquired a special type of stupid.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 am

I am glad Spinelli is on board. And I am glad BC basketball suddenly has money. But at the same time it is frustrating that we couldn't find a guy who wanted the job who was worth $2.3M.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I am glad Spinelli is on board. And I am glad BC basketball suddenly has money. But at the same time it is frustrating that we couldn't find a guy who wanted the job who was worth $2.3M.

or worth $2.75 - $3.0mm???

Does anyone know what Christian will be getting paid?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I am glad Spinelli is on board. And I am glad BC basketball suddenly has money. But at the same time it is frustrating that we couldn't find a guy who wanted the job who was worth $2.3M.

north of 7 figures
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:47 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

north of 7 figures

Seriously? :gun
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:50 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

north of 7 figures

North of seven figures would be at least $1,000,000. That's not very much. I assumed TRE's response was intended to be sarcastic/not helpful. I could be wrong.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

north of 7 figures

North of seven figures would be at least $1,000,000. That's not very much. I assumed TRE's response was intended to be sarcastic/not helpful. I could be wrong.

i have heard that he is being paid an average (over the life of the contract) of more than $1 million a year.

sorry this information is viewed as confusing and not helpful. i assumed if the migrant h&r block employees could figure out what "more than 7 figures" means then all of those here (including that dummy kb2525) could figure it out as well
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:50 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

north of 7 figures

i have heard that he is being paid an average (over the life of the contract) of more than $1 million a year.

sorry this information is viewed as confusing and not helpful. i assumed if the migrant h&r block employees could figure out what "more than 7 figures" means then all of those here (including that dummy kb2525) could figure it out as well

Right. $1 mill/year was how I read it, as opposed to $1 mill total. If it's just north of $1 mill/yr, I don't think that's very much.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:16 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

north of 7 figures

Right. $1 mill/year was how I read it, as opposed to $1 mill total. If it's just north of $1 mill/yr, I don't think that's very much.

Yet more than the market value for TRE's house he bought 10 years ago.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:21 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

north of 7 figures

I view it as too much money. The guy was making $425k and you more than doubled his salary for having the most wins in MAC history? I would call that overpaying. Probably could have gotten him for circa $900k plus some incentives.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:... Probably could have gotten him for circa $900k plus some incentives.

this is kinda splitting hairs, mrs s
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:... Probably could have gotten him for circa $900k plus some incentives.

I'm still not over this hire and the whole process. It rattles me that this gibrone is making more than $1 million per year.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I'm still not over this hire and the whole process. It rattles me that this gibrone is making more than $1 million per year.

I'm relieved that they didn't just give him the money they had earmarked for Jay Wright.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Hey, Cadillac90, we got the MERCEDES of coaches.

To be sure, he is a bargain.

We should pay him triple what he signed for.

In fact, we should add a $250 tariff per season ticket to correct this injustice.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Pete Thamel reporting that BC is in process of talks with Preston Murphy, former BC ops guy under skinner and associate coach at URI now
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:01 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Pete Thamel reporting that BC is in process of talks with Preston Murphy, former BC ops guy under skinner and associate coach at URI now

Does Sanders still have eligibility?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:44 pm

done deal w murphy
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:done deal w murphy

good? bad? scrush2?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:53 pm

dudley loves the move :shrug