Fuck Your Outrage and Disappointment

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Fuck Your Outrage and Disappointment

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Lacrosse will be fine when we fund it, which we apparently will. There are a ton of Catholic kids on Long Island and around Baltimore and DC who will be very happy to take their talents to Chestnut Hill. Soccer has been excellent at times and will be again in the future. Baseball is a sport that Hispanics excel at and there are some great black players as well and thus Leahy and BOT members want nothing to do with it.

Tennis is interesting, but I suspect when we replace the planned baseball facility with the state of the art tennis facility with retractable roofs, we will be beating away the finest tennis prospects with a stick we will have so much talent on our squad. I also see us giving Trinity a run for its money in squash as well.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:28 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:But take heart, if you like sports that upper middle class white kids excel in we will continue to amaze. Our hockey dominance is a given for as long as Coach Champion decides to keep on keepin' on and I have no doubt that we will be a national power in lacrosse within five years of going back to varsity status. And we will always have sailing.

Did you see Wisconsin? Five good fits on the floor at the same time. Lost at the buzzer on a three pointer by Kentucky in the quarters. I would say they were pretty competitive.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:52 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:But take heart, if you like sports that upper middle class white kids excel in we will continue to amaze. Our hockey dominance is a given for as long as Coach Champion decides to keep on keepin' on and I have no doubt that we will be a national power in lacrosse within five years of going back to varsity status. And we will always have sailing.

Did you see Wisconsin? Five good fits on the floor at the same time. Lost at the buzzer on a three pointer by Kentucky in the quarters. I would say they were pretty competitive.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: Baseball is a sport that Hispanics excel at and there are some great black players as well and thus Leahy and BOT members want nothing to do with it.

You know, I think you're on to something as far as fixing the baseball program (not under this administration obviously). Recruit almost exclusively in the Dominican, PR, Cuba once Castro finally dies, and south Florida and hammer the Jesuit angle hard.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:33 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: Baseball is a sport that Hispanics excel at and there are some great black players as well and thus Leahy and BOT members want nothing to do with it.

You know, I think you're on to something as far as fixing the baseball program (not under this administration obviously). Recruit almost exclusively in the Dominican, PR, Cuba once Castro finally dies, and south Florida and hammer the Jesuit angle hard.

Would be tough finding amateurs in those countries who didn't sign a 10k contract when they were 16
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:34 pm

I'd add Tampa to this list as well.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:02 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:

Would be tough finding amateurs in those countries who didn't sign a 10k contract when they were 16

True, but you'd only need what, 4-6 guys a year?
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum