Fuck Your Outrage and Disappointment

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Fuck Your Outrage and Disappointment

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 pm

You bunch of whining sandy snatches. The idea that any of you thought for even a second that our horrific third-rate President and pretty boy Athletic Director were going to do anything other than hire a small-timey, third-rate failure of a basketball coach proves conclusively that you have not paid any attention to who runs your alma mater. This was baked in the cake from the beginning.

And with respect to the Dazzler--look, I like the guy and I love his enthusiasm, but you are sadly mistaken if you think he is going to achieve at a Jags-level. He will collect talent enough to make us relevant within the conference, but there is no record of past performance that suggests that he has the chops to coach that talent up to a level we will need to reach in order to compete with Florida State or Clemson and achieve national notoriety. His hiring should not have earned Bates or Leahy or marinfuckmyfirstfamilyintheearhaveyouseenmytrophywifeandthekidsifatheredinmy50seagle any goodwill, but rather served as confirmation that being slightly above average is the most any of these frauds will dare dream that we can achieve. As Christopher Walken told Dennis Hopper in True Romance "That was a punch in the nose. Hurts like hell. Hurts so much that you can't even think. And you know what? That is as good as it is going to get for you."

Life will be a lot easier if you accept that we have a President, BOT and AD who don't think this school has the cache to compete at the top end of the revenue sports heap and see no reason to even bother trying. You can rage all you want but it will make not an iota of difference as they feed you a steady diet of shucksings. My advice is to ignore the revenue sports. The gameday experience at BC for football is the worst in Division 1 and basketball would be the worst except for that fact that DePaul has managed to render its fan base as apathetic as ours and plays in a barren off campus venue. But take heart, if you like sports that upper middle class white kids excel in we will continue to amaze. Our hockey dominance is a given for as long as Coach Champion decides to keep on keepin' on and I have no doubt that we will be a national power in lacrosse within five years of going back to varsity status. And we will always have sailing.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Re: Fuck Your Outrage and Disappointment

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm

This. But I am still in revolt (in the existentialist sense). But my time is running out...
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The gameday experience at BC for football is the worst in Division 1 and basketball would be the worst except for that fact that DePaul has managed to render its fan base as apathetic as ours and plays in a barren off campus venue.

they serve beer though. so...yeah. I'm going with depaul over the ghosts in contay.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:39 am

fuck this lack of ambition. I can't imagine walking through life hoping to be the 15th best in your conference. fuck the BOT and Brad Bates. Boston College is truly one of the places on Earth I love to be. I wish Brad Bates shared our enthusiasm.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:29 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The gameday experience at BC for football is the worst in Division 1 and basketball would be the worst except for that fact that DePaul has managed to render its fan base as apathetic as ours and plays in a barren off campus venue.

they serve beer though. so...yeah. I'm going with depaul over the ghosts in contay.

True, but drinking beer in the Rosemont Horizon--I don't care what they call it now, it will always be the Rosemont Horizon to me--is akin to drinking beer in an alley while warming one's hands over trash can fire. In fact, I am pretty sure there were a few hobos doing that courtside during the last scintillating Seton Hall-DePaul tilt that was televised on the Ocho. There is something menacing about finding oneself inside the Rosemont Horizon-- both because it serves as a way station for a lot of bums who stay warm riding the trains out to O'Hare during the winter and because when you are there you can't fight the sense that something has gone terribly wrong with your life--and you have plenty of time to think about those shortcomings as you drive or take the train back into the City.

In contrast, there is nothing remotely menacing about Conte. The Conte vibe is more of a I had to work late and now have to stop at the Star Market/Harris Teeter/Stop N' Shop and pick up a bottle of OJ and some Pampers during the graveyard shift. There is an antiseptic sterility to Conte Forum that is comforting. You can fall asleep in your seats and have no fear that someone will steal your coat or visit violence on your person.

I suppose that when I was a younger man and enjoyed gambling with my own well-being, I would prefer the Rosemont Horizon. But when you begin to slide into middle age and you recognize that Aurelius was correct when he said "all is folly", gambling with your own well being becomes boring and trite. When you find yourself where I find myself today life boils down to a few simple questions: (a) How much wealth can I accumulate that I can't possibly spend that will no doubt serve no better purpose then to subsidize the existence of my less successful or driven progeny; (b) Can I outlive my wife and if I do so will my dick still work well enough on that day that I will be able to utilize some of my obscene wealth to purchase the services of a nubile young concubine/consort; (c) What does my actuarial chart look like at this point and will it be a cardiac event or some form of cancerous malignancy that ultimately removes me from this mortal coil; (d) Who do you have to fuck to get invited to join Burning Tree and what do I have to make to get a whiff at Augusta--$500 million? More? Less? Shit, I'll never be notable enough.

Such thoughts are far better examined in the sterile emptiness of Conte.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:41 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

True, but drinking beer in the Rosemont Horizon--I don't care what they call it now, it will always be the Rosemont Horizon to me--is akin to drinking beer in an alley while warming one's hands over trash can fire. In fact, I am pretty sure there were a few hobos doing that courtside during the last scintillating Seton Hall-DePaul tilt that was televised on the Ocho. There is something menacing about finding oneself inside the Rosemont Horizon-- both because it serves as a way station for a lot of bums who stay warm riding the trains out to O'Hare during the winter and because when you are there you can't fight the sense that something has gone terribly wrong with your life--and you have plenty of time to think about those shortcomings as you drive or take the train back into the City.

In contrast, there is nothing remotely menacing about Conte. The Conte vibe is more of a I had to work late and now have to stop at the Star Market/Harris Teeter/Stop N' Shop and pick up a bottle of OJ and some Pampers during the graveyard shift. There is an antiseptic sterility to Conte Forum that is comforting. You can fall asleep in your seats and have no fear that someone will steal your coat or visit violence on your person.

I suppose that when I was a younger man and enjoyed gambling with my own well-being, I would prefer the Rosemont Horizon. But when you begin to slide into middle age and you recognize that Aurelius was correct when he said "all is folly", gambling with your own well being becomes boring and trite. When you find yourself where I find myself today life boils down to a few simple questions: (a) How much wealth can I accumulate that I can't possibly spend that will no doubt serve no better purpose then to subsidize the existence of my less successful or driven progeny; (b) Can I outlive my wife and if I do so will my dick still work well enough on that day that I will be able to utilize some of my obscene wealth to purchase the services of a nubile young concubine/consort; (c) What does my actuarial chart look like at this point and will it be a cardiac event or some form of cancerous malignancy that ultimately removes me from this mortal coil; (d) Who do you have to fuck to get invited to join Burning Tree and what do I have to make to get a whiff at Augusta--$500 million? More? Less? Shit, I'll never be notable enough.

Such thoughts are far better examined in the sterile emptiness of Conte.

Family friend just got into Burning Tree. Hoping to be out there later this year to play it. Very excited.

oh and, this is spot on about DePaul's "gym." The only time I've ever not hated myself for going out to that abortion of a field house is when I went to see Dwayne Wade in his last year at Marquette. He was, by a factor of at least a million, the best player on the court, and watching his display made it at least semi-worthwhile that I had to suffer through a drunken blue line ride back to the city proper.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 am

The fuck is a Harris Tweeter? Sounds like a sportcoat sold on Canal Street
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:54 am

It is Harris Teeter, you silly provincial. Harris Teeter is the DC/Southern equivalent of the Stop N' Shop, it is a step below Wegmans/Whole Foods, but a step above Food Lion/A&P/Gristedes. You know, sort of how like the BC Basketball Program is clearly a step below Dayton, but a slight step above Loyola of Chicago.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:55 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:but there is no record of past performance that suggests that he has the chops to coach that talent up to a level we will need to reach in order to compete with Florida State or Clemson

Not saying it will occur year in and year out, but wouldn't you say this year's games against those very teams and the limited talent on the roster showed something closer to those chops than not?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 am

I think he benefited from being under the radar this year. Florida State didn't take us even remotely seriously and Clemson was clearly focused on the Florida State game and running a pretty vanilla offense. In both instances, when they realized that we didn't suck nearly as much as they expected and turned up the offensive heat we had absolutely no answers. I think the USC and Arizona games were more illustrative of what we can expect against athletically superior teams in most cases. Both those teams were focused--USC because of their bed shitting against Wazoo and Arizona because it was a bowl game and they wanted to prove their guy was better than Andre--and they simply beat us in every phase of the game.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:07 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:You bunch of whining sandy snatches. The idea that any of you thought for even a second that our horrific third-rate President and pretty boy Athletic Director were going to do anything other than hire a small-timey, third-rate failure of a basketball coach proves conclusively that you have not paid any attention to who runs your alma mater. This was baked in the cake from the beginning.

And with respect to the Dazzler--look, I like the guy and I love his enthusiasm, but you are sadly mistaken if you think he is going to achieve at a Jags-level. He will collect talent enough to make us relevant within the conference, but there is no record of past performance that suggests that he has the chops to coach that talent up to a level we will need to reach in order to compete with Florida State or Clemson and achieve national notoriety. His hiring should not have earned Bates or Leahy or marinfuckmyfirstfamilyintheearhaveyouseenmytrophywifeandthekidsifatheredinmy50seagle any goodwill, but rather served as confirmation that being slightly above average is the most any of these frauds will dare dream that we can achieve. As Christopher Walken told Dennis Hopper in True Romance "That was a punch in the nose. Hurts like hell. Hurts so much that you can't even think. And you know what? That is as good as it is going to get for you."

Life will be a lot easier if you accept that we have a President, BOT and AD who don't think this school has the cache to compete at the top end of the revenue sports heap and see no reason to even bother trying. You can rage all you want but it will make not an iota of difference as they feed you a steady diet of shucksings. My advice is to ignore the revenue sports. The gameday experience at BC for football is the worst in Division 1 and basketball would be the worst except for that fact that DePaul has managed to render its fan base as apathetic as ours and plays in a barren off campus venue. But take heart, if you like sports that upper middle class white kids excel in we will continue to amaze. Our hockey dominance is a given for as long as Coach Champion decides to keep on keepin' on and I have no doubt that we will be a national power in lacrosse within five years of going back to varsity status. And we will always have sailing.

What would your reaction have been had Bates hired Schmidt? I think Schmidt would have been a better fit BTW.

My Bonnie relatives are happy that Schmidt is staying.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:16 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I think he benefited from being under the radar this year. Florida State didn't take us even remotely seriously and Clemson was clearly focused on the Florida State game and running a pretty vanilla offense. In both instances, when they realized that we didn't suck nearly as much as they expected and turned up the offensive heat we had absolutely no answers. I think the USC and Arizona games were more illustrative of what we can expect against athletically superior teams in most cases. Both those teams were focused--USC because of their bed shitting against Wazoo and Arizona because it was a bowl game and they wanted to prove their guy was better than Andre--and they simply beat us in every phase of the game.

While I agree with the focus aspect, I tend to disagree on your and most people's portrayal its overall impact (both in these games and throughout sports in general). If BC had no answers, then neither of the games would have come down to the wire like they did. Fact of the matter is that he and/or his staff game planned pretty spectacularly but in the end some basic execution failed them (still their responsibility).

At the end of the day, those who agree with you about his chops go on about AZ and USC. Those that think he's a savior will point to Clemson and FSU. I tend to fall in the middle and am still evaluating.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:20 am

I still would have been disappointed, but at least in that instance you could make allowances based on the following rationales: (a) the guy won an A-10 title and essentially saved a program that had imploded to the point the President of the BOT killed himself because he thought the implosion was going to take the whole university under; (b) he is a proud BC alum and he has always said that BC is his dream job; and (c) He has great recruiting track record at Xavier where he was the lead recruiter during that program's best years and (d) he has developed a track record at Bonnies of finding athletic big men/diamonds in the rough and turning them into NBA-caliber players.

In Schmidt's case you can make the argument that he is a better coach than Skinner--he won an A-10 title with his own players in a much harder place to do it than URI. I don't think you can make that argument with Christian as his only success has been at a level below the A-10 and his one foray into a major conference was an unmitigated disaster. Essentially, all we have done with this move is hire Steve Donahue by a different name.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:27 am

So I'm driving down the road the other day (driving poorly, because, you know), and a commercial came over the radio. It was a commercial for the Filet O Fish from McDonald's. It had a catchy tune that I had heard several times before. It goes like this:

It got me thinking. I was sure that McDonald's had come up with a similar, catchy commercial in the past. Sure enough, they had:

I'm sure there are more. These commercials must work, because McDonald's probably spends a pretty penny on them, both in production and in advertising dollars. Now, I've never had a Filet O Fish because 1) I'm not a fan of fish sandwiches, and b) even if I enjoyed a tasty fish sandwich, I'm convinced that the Filet O Fish is a disgusting product. So who is the target audience for the Filet O Fish commercials? For those who have never eaten a Filet O Fish, it's probably the guy who says, "That's a catchy tune from a seemingly reputable company. The Filet O Fish must be tasty." For the guy who has eaten a Filet O Fish before, the commercial gets him saying, "I've had a Filet O Fish before and I found it mildly enjoyable. I bet they have made it better considering they have spent a lot of money on these commercials." These people then walk into McDonald's humming the catchy tune, buying into the hype. When all is said and done, they are sitting there with a sick feeling in their stomachs, realizing that they just ate a shit sandwich.

I know what you're thinking. "Chris, what does the Filet O Fish have to do with the hiring of Jim Christian?" The answer is simple: EVERYTHING. It's comical to me that anyone, ANYONE, could have imagined this turning out any differently. Coaching "searches" and hires at BC have followed the same pattern...forever. They put together a nice jingle, say that they are looking for a guy to take it to the next level, throw out some decent names, but, in the end, we're all sitting here eating a shit sandwich, feeling sick. Look, I have no idea how the Jim Christian era will play out, but I do know that the basketball program is in a hole...a deep hole. The hiring of Jim Christian does nothing to immediately lift them out of that hole, even just a little bit. The next Patrick Ewing ain't walking through that door because Jim Christian is now running the show. Hell, the next Sean Marshall isn't either.

So what's the answer, you ask? That's not my job. I'm not paid handsomely to find those answers. I'm not asked to be the steward of a multi-million...nay, billion dollar ship. Bates and Leahy are like the managers at McDonald's. Sure, you know they're in charge because they dress the part by wearing the button down, short sleeve shirts and clip-on ties, but do you really want them making decisions other than the timing of the switch from the breakfast menu to the lunch menu? I don't have the answer. All I know is what I have been conditioned to expect from the Boston College Athletic Department and those that pull its strings. As such, I'll just sit back, watch the show, root for BC, and begrudgingly accept the "We Are What We Are" mantra that emanates from Chestnut Hill.

By the way, get ready. The McRib is just around the corner.

You just better hope that it doesn't come on ice. Coach Champion won't be around forever. Oh, I hear you already. "But, but...there is no way this could happen to the hockey program! They're the bestest team in the land!" All I can say is that the next time you're in McDonald's, take a look at that old guy working there, schlepping the mop bucket into the bathroom. That's Steve Cedorchuk. And the guy stumbling out of the bathroom, running out the door? That's Mike Milbury. He just tasted the Filet O Fish.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:29 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I think he benefited from being under the radar this year. Florida State didn't take us even remotely seriously and Clemson was clearly focused on the Florida State game and running a pretty vanilla offense. In both instances, when they realized that we didn't suck nearly as much as they expected and turned up the offensive heat we had absolutely no answers. I think the USC and Arizona games were more illustrative of what we can expect against athletically superior teams in most cases. Both those teams were focused--USC because of their bed shitting against Wazoo and Arizona because it was a bowl game and they wanted to prove their guy was better than Andre--and they simply beat us in every phase of the game.

While I agree with the focus aspect, I tend to disagree on your and most people's portrayal its overall impact (both in these games and throughout sports in general). If BC had no answers, then neither of the games would have come down to the wire like they did. Fact of the matter is that he and/or his staff game planned pretty spectacularly but in the end some basic execution failed them (still their responsibility).

At the end of the day, those who agree with you about his chops go on about AZ and USC. Those that think he's a savior will point to Clemson and FSU. I tend to fall in the middle and am still evaluating.

Let me make something clear. I don't think the Dazzler is a terrible coach, I just don't think he has the top end sort of football mind that is necessary to give BC a chance to beat baby rapist/national power-type schools and win a conference championship. Based on what I saw this year I think he will achieve a level of success in the ballpark of Jortsy O'Jortsian--probably a bit better because he has a much better personality and will probably land a smattering of talented kids that the Supply Officer would never has a chance to land. With that said, I think he is a step below the Jags/Logan combo which really was the combination of personality (Jags) and schematic chops (Logan) that would have allowed us to compete with the Baby Rapists.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:34 am

Speaking of advertising, I saw Karen Kaplan last night. She has got to be pretty old and I am sure she has had a lot of work done but I'd still hit it.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 am

is nospace the fat guy holding the frozen mcrib?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:So I'm driving down the road the other day (driving poorly, because, you know), and a commercial came over the radio. It was a commercial for the Filet O Fish from McDonald's. It had a catchy tune that I had heard several times before. It goes like this:

It got me thinking. I was sure that McDonald's had come up with a similar, catchy commercial in the past. Sure enough, they had:

I'm sure there are more. These commercials must work, because McDonald's probably spends a pretty penny on them, both in production and in advertising dollars. Now, I've never had a Filet O Fish because 1) I'm not a fan of fish sandwiches, and b) even if I enjoyed a tasty fish sandwich, I'm convinced that the Filet O Fish is a disgusting product. So who is the target audience for the Filet O Fish commercials? For those who have never eaten a Filet O Fish, it's probably the guy who says, "That's a catchy tune from a seemingly reputable company. The Filet O Fish must be tasty." For the guy who has eaten a Filet O Fish before, the commercial gets him saying, "I've had a Filet O Fish before and I found it mildly enjoyable. I bet they have made it better considering they have spent a lot of money on these commercials." These people then walk into McDonald's humming the catchy tune, buying into the hype. When all is said and done, they are sitting there with a sick feeling in their stomachs, realizing that they just ate a shit sandwich.

I know what you're thinking. "Chris, what does the Filet O Fish have to do with the hiring of Jim Christian?" The answer is simple: EVERYTHING. It's comical to me that anyone, ANYONE, could have imagined this turning out any differently. Coaching "searches" and hires at BC have followed the same pattern...forever. They put together a nice jingle, say that they are looking for a guy to take it to the next level, throw out some decent names, but, in the end, we're all sitting here eating a shit sandwich, feeling sick. Look, I have no idea how the Jim Christian era will play out, but I do know that the basketball program is in a hole...a deep hole. The hiring of Jim Christian does nothing to immediately lift them out of that hole, even just a little bit. The next Patrick Ewing ain't walking through that door because Jim Christian is now running the show. Hell, the next Sean Marshall isn't either.

So what's the answer, you ask? That's not my job. I'm not paid handsomely to find those answers. I'm not asked to be the steward of a multi-million...nay, billion dollar ship. Bates and Leahy are like the managers at McDonald's. Sure, you know they're in charge because they dress the part by wearing the button down, short sleeve shirts and clip-on ties, but do you really want them making decisions other than the timing of the switch from the breakfast menu to the lunch menu? I don't have the answer. All I know is what I have been conditioned to expect from the Boston College Athletic Department and those that pull its strings. As such, I'll just sit back, watch the show, root for BC, and begrudgingly accept the "We Are What We Are" mantra that emanates from Chestnut Hill.

By the way, get ready. The McRib is just around the corner.

You just better hope that it doesn't come on ice. Coach Champion won't be around forever. Oh, I hear you already. "But, but...there is no way this could happen to the hockey program! They're the bestest team in the land!" All I can say is that the next time you're in McDonald's, take a look at that old guy working there, schlepping the mop bucket into the bathroom. That's Steve Cedorchuk. And the guy stumbling out of the bathroom, running out the door? That's Mike Milbury. He just tasted the Filet O Fish.

Bravo to you sir. This post is a display of true genius. It almost makes me feel guilty for putting it in your sister's ass, but she is what she is. Please email this to our empty suit AD. I'd suggest sending it to Leahy as well, but I doubt the incompetent old fossil is aware of the existence of the Interwebs.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 am

I like filet o' fishes.
There, I said it.

Be sure to ask for them without cheese.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:42 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I still would have been disappointed, but at least in that instance you could make allowances based on the following rationales: (a) the guy won an A-10 title and essentially saved a program that had imploded to the point the President of the BOT killed himself because he thought the implosion was going to take the whole university under; (b) he is a proud BC alum and he has always said that BC is his dream job; and (c) He has great recruiting track record at Xavier where he was the lead recruiter during that program's best years and (d) he has developed a track record at Bonnies of finding athletic big men/diamonds in the rough and turning them into NBA-caliber players.

In Schmidt's case you can make the argument that he is a better coach than Skinner--he won an A-10 title with his own players in a much harder place to do it than URI. I don't think you can make that argument with Christian as his only success has been at a level below the A-10 and his one foray into a major conference was an unmitigated disaster. Essentially, all we have done with this move is hire Steve Donahue by a different name.

Relax! In 3 to 4 years Christian will be gone and Bates will embark on another nation-wide hunt to find the best basketball coach in the MAC!
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:46 am

hansen {l Wrote}:I like filet o' fishes.
There, I said it.

You sure do.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:51 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Let me make something clear. I don't think the Dazzler is a terrible coach, I just don't think he has the top end sort of football mind that is necessary to give BC a chance to beat baby rapist/national power-type schools and win a conference championship. Based on what I saw this year I think he will achieve a level of success in the ballpark of Jortsy O'Jortsian--probably a bit better because he has a much better personality and will probably land a smattering of talented kids that the Supply Officer would never has a chance to land. With that said, I think he is a step below the Jags/Logan combo which really was the combination of personality (Jags) and schematic chops (Logan) that would have allowed us to compete with the Baby Rapists.

This is close to how I currently assess things, however I still believe there is an upside where once or twice every recruiting class or so they will (or should) be at the top of the conference.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am

hansen {l Wrote}:I like filet o' fishes.
There, I said it.

Be sure to ask for them without cheese.

vom
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:33 am

Dick,

The days upon which you have either the time or inclination to wax philosophical are always pleasureable ones here. to answer your questions:

1. Burning Tree - Make aviation a big and important part of your business portfolio. I don't have the reason why, other than there aren't many aviation companies, one is iconically American, and has been involved in defense/aviation for a very long time - the major buyer of which is Uncle Sam.

2. Actuarial - I'd say cardiac but your low heart rate, natural diet, and exercise regimen refute this idea. You're from the greater NYC area and you now live in NoVa? I'd say cancer from air or environmental pollution - DC area has some rotten-ass air and it fucks with you. There was a long-running study of people who came from other places, moved to DC, ran endurance races, developed asthma while running in DC, then moved away, and their asthma went away. Not sure if it's auto exhaust that lingers during the summer's tidewater reverse-toilet-bowl air pattern or what it is - but DC has some bad stuff in the air. Baltimore, we have super fund sites and metal plants and some really awful water - but the air's not nearly as bad. Provided you head north or west of the city.

That said... this is a total crapshoot and there are just so many factors. DOn't buy a house too close to 66, 495, 123, Dulles Toll Road, etc. and we have another 30/40 years worth of Rosenthalia to enjoy.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 am

I like to shit on the EU, but Germany has the McRib year-round.

Get with the program, Obama!
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:26 pm

AC:

McDonald's buys more ads for Filet-O-fish during Lent.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:AC:

OK. My cat's breath smells like cat food. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:45 pm

fixed
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

OK. My cat's breath smells like cat food. :shrug

during lent i bet it smells like filet o'fish
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 73CAV on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:But take heart, if you like sports that upper middle class white kids excel in we will continue to amaze. Our hockey dominance is a given for as long as Coach Champion decides to keep on keepin' on and I have no doubt that we will be a national power in lacrosse within five years of going back to varsity status. And we will always have sailing.

Hockey? Sure. Lacrosse and soccer? Not so much as best as I can tell. And how can you be sure BC even has baseball or tennis teams? Does the BC administration even know they're in the ACC?
73CAV
n00b

Next

Return to Conte Forum