Is BC the most attractive head coaching job available?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Is BC the most attractive head coaching job available?

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:07 pm

howdy neighbor.

teddy and i went on a 5 page disagreement about this. while wake might not be the top echelon team that they think they are (teddy's point) they aren't "shitty" either (my point). they had a span of duncan, childress, paul, etc. but they've also had some horrible seasons both before and after that run.

i've come to accept that wake and bc are similar programs with spans of greatness and spans of attrocious. they had a special year with duncan and childress playing together but they also had one of the greatest choke jobs seen by a 1 seed. my advice is to agree to disagree and walk away from this argument before teddy continues to tell you how much they suck (much like the current year florida team "sucks")
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:23 am

Wake Forest is the redheaded stepchild of NC basketball and their history is Prosser, Duncan and fiction. Chris Paul was there for 2 years - they didn't do much.

Put it this way, the argument came up with all the great coaches like Howland Wake was going to get while we trolled the MAC. Danny Manning,

I will argue no further with someone that mentions Dino Gaudio's recruiting as a positive. Shitty program.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:25 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:howdy neighbor.

teddy and i went on a 5 page disagreement about this. while wake might not be the top echelon team that they think they are (teddy's point) they aren't "shitty" either (my point). they had a span of duncan, childress, paul, etc. but they've also had some horrible seasons both before and after that run.

i've come to accept that wake and bc are similar programs with spans of greatness and spans of attrocious. they had a special year with duncan and childress playing together but they also had one of the greatest choke jobs seen by a 1 seed. my advice is to agree to disagree and walk away from this argument before teddy continues to tell you how much they suck (much like the current year florida team "sucks")

I said FLA couldn't score in a whorehouse. They don't suck, they just don't blow anyone out. I also said they would lose to L'Ville in the finals, and have them there in both brackets. Jerk.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Like I said

Uf can't score in a whorehouse.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Like I said

Then why did you have them and Ville in the Finals in both your brackets?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:25 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

To appease tedwarita. Durr...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:18 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Because I though that they were good enough on defense. You and Onahue seem to have similar outlooks on hoop. That's why epstein fired you
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Of course it's the most desirable coaching job - in zip code 02467.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby commavegarage on Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:19 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Of course it's the most desirable coaching job - in zip code 02467.

lol
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 am

Missouri job is open.

Frank Haith quit Mizzou to coach at ... TULSA?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:12 am

Can someone explain to me why people keep hiring Frank Haith?

It's mind boggling really.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Can someone explain to me why people keep hiring Frank Haith?

Sure, right after someone explains to me why BC fired JOB and Al Skinner and hired Donahue, then Christian.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:08 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Can someone explain to me why people keep hiring Frank Haith?

Sure, right after someone explains to me why BC fired JOB and Al Skinner and hired Donahue, then Christian.

I'm guessing the answer to both questions has to do with the black community.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby natturner on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Why shouldn't they hire Haith?
natturner
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:20 pm

natturner {l Wrote}:

Depends, are they hiring him to coach basketball? If so, its because he can't do that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby natturner on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
natturner {l Wrote}:

Depends, are they hiring him to coach basketball? If so, its because he can't do that.

Seems like he's done a decent job everywhere he's been.
natturner
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:46 pm

natturner {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
natturner {l Wrote}:

Stop, please.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:48 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Missouri job is open.

I get Martin leaving Tennessee to coach at Cal. Something like 40k people signed a petition to have him fired this year and he got them to the Sweet 16. Also, Cal is not as football-obsessed as Tennessee, though Tennessee is supposed to have excellent funding and facilities for hoops.

Haith leaving for Tulsa smacks of getting out before a big-time recruiting violation becomes public, or knowing he'd be fired next year and wants another longer contract to keep the money coming in.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:51 pm

natturner {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
natturner {l Wrote}:

He's been downgrading conferences since he had a .384 winning percentage in ACC play over 7 seasons. The only reason his Miami record even looks mediocre is non conference cupcake scheduling. He's a shitty coach.

Oh, and the Mizzou program was built for him - he walked in to 30 win talent that he took one round, and then proceeded to drop off to .500 when they moved to the SEC (which basically has 2 teams). There's a reason he's leaving for Tulsa and making another step down.

He has one great year on his resume - a 30-5 Mizzou team that he took over all of the talent and lost in the second round .... to ... wait for it .... Norfolk State.

He's flat out awful.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby natturner on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Not so sure that going from the ACC to the Big 12 is "downgrading", especially when he did it( before Pitt and Syracuse.) The man 's 76-28 the past three years , how can he be horrible?
natturner
n00b

Postby natturner on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:27 pm

And the talent he took over at Missouri was good, not unbeliveable.The best player on that team was probably Phil Presley and he's a border line NBA player.
natturner
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:48 pm

nm
Last edited by twballgame9 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm

I'll answer both of your comments. First, the ACC is and was better than the Big 12. If it is not better, than how did Hammering Frank Haith have a sub .384 conference record in 7 years the ACC?

Regardless, in three years, he has taken a team that he predecessor had built into a regular NCAA tourney team and an Elite Eight participant and did shit with them. They went 30-5 one year and lost in the second round to Norfolk State. The record has slowly moved back to Haith Country, with a 9-9 conference record this season, two years removed from 30-5 with the other guy's talent.

As far as judging college talent based on pro careers - that's a fool's errand since the NBA no longer resembles basketball, and the NBA bound players don't stay in college long enough to win 30 games unless you are one of the 4 schools that can get 5 of them every year.

Here's how he can be horrible with that record: Look at the rest of his record and realize that even if you focus only on three seasons, most of that record was built in one season where he recruited NONE of the players. The rest is built on some of the worst OOC schedules ever.

Mostly I think Haith sucks because I have eyes and watched him coach in the Big East and ACC for 7 years. He is abysmal. But don't take my word for it"

KANSAS CITY STAR {l Wrote}:Missouri is a better program than Haith has made it look. He knows that as well as anyone. After all, the best season of his coaching life was made possible by the last coach leaving him the type of dedicated, athletic, skilled basketball players a coach should be able to attract to Columbia.

Haith was transforming that type of sustainable unity into a second-chance shop for players unhappy with their first school. The result was a disjointed group that underperformed its collective ability, consistently showing less than the sum of its parts. This was a team built around three talented perimeter players that still ranked among the nation’s worst in turnovers and assists.

Two years of frustrating basketball, of groups with all the symptoms of badly coached teams, should be over now — but this is where it gets complicated.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/17/4967160/frank-haith-could-be-doing-missouri.html#storylink=cpy
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm

That article by the way, makes every point that I was making, and I didn't even see it until just now. The title, referring to his departure, is "Frank Haith is doing Missouri basketball a big-time favor"
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:Missouri job is open.

I get Martin leaving Tennessee to coach at Cal. Something like 40k people signed a petition to have him fired this year and he got them to the Sweet 16. Also, Cal is not as football-obsessed as Tennessee, though Tennessee is supposed to have excellent funding and facilities for hoops.

Haith leaving for Tulsa smacks of getting out before a big-time recruiting violation becomes public, or knowing he'd be fired next year and wants another longer contract to keep the money coming in.

He's leaving because the program is headed in the wrong direction and everyone knows it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 pm

God teddy. What a nice reach around you just got.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:God teddy. What a nice reach around you just got.

The question is, is Pedro jealous?

Of course. Teddy's cock is his territory.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:29 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Does anyone even consider Nicks feelings anymore?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Does anyone even consider Nicks feelings anymore?

anyone with an active linkedin account i bet
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Missouri just hired a D2 coach.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum