New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby xu9697 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:18 pm

Any chance BC can be smart and SHAKA the world?!?!?

My guess is no since he turned down Illinois and maybe even UCLA.
xu9697
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:43 pm
Karma: 37

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:31 pm

xu9697 wrote:Any chance BC can be smart and SHAKA the world?!?!?

My guess is no since he turned down Illinois and maybe even UCLA.

I think him and Brad Stevens are the only two coaches BC would break-the-bank for. That said... neither is realistic.

What about Tom Crean? I could see him being shown the door (especially if Indiana thinks they could make a run at Brad Stevens).
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14822
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 329

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby wildcat81 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Gregg Marshall is my choice, dream big.
wildcat81
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:20 am
Karma: 2

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:40 pm

What about Pat Skerry. Recruited NE really well for Keno at PC and turned Towson around. Only 44. In 3 seasons, Towson went from 1-31 to 18-13 to 23-10
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Image
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20762
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5762

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:59 pm

HJS wrote:
xu9697 wrote:Any chance BC can be smart and SHAKA the world?!?!?

My guess is no since he turned down Illinois and maybe even UCLA.

I think him and Brad Stevens are the only two coaches BC would break-the-bank for. That said... neither is realistic.

What about Tom Crean? I could see him being shown the door (especially if Indiana thinks they could make a run at Brad Stevens).



Brad Stevens. Making crazy dough with no expectations for at least 2 years. Not looking for a job.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31646
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:02 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
xu9697 wrote:Any chance BC can be smart and SHAKA the world?!?!?

My guess is no since he turned down Illinois and maybe even UCLA.

I think him and Brad Stevens are the only two coaches BC would break-the-bank for. That said... neither is realistic.

What about Tom Crean? I could see him being shown the door (especially if Indiana thinks they could make a run at Brad Stevens).



Brad Stevens. Making crazy dough with no expectations for at least 2 years. Not looking for a job.

Didn't Bob Ryan just do a hit piece on him saying something about the honeymoon has lasted way too long?
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14822
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 329

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:06 pm

HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
xu9697 wrote:Any chance BC can be smart and SHAKA the world?!?!?

My guess is no since he turned down Illinois and maybe even UCLA.

I think him and Brad Stevens are the only two coaches BC would break-the-bank for. That said... neither is realistic.

What about Tom Crean? I could see him being shown the door (especially if Indiana thinks they could make a run at Brad Stevens).



Brad Stevens. Making crazy dough with no expectations for at least 2 years. Not looking for a job.

Didn't Bob Ryan just do a hit piece on him saying something about the honeymoon has lasted way too long?


As a Celtics fan, no clue. Thought Ryan retired 20 years ago.

Regardless, Stevens has a pass and most fans are pissed at him for winning too much.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31646
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby bcmurph on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:09 pm

NJM89 wrote:A lot of talk about Mark Scmidt on twitter. Don't know much about him but I'm sure most people wouldn't want him?


If we're going in that general direction, I like Mark Schmidt. If he could bring Michael Adams with him, I'd like him even better.

BC Guy, solid experience at Xavier, from Providence, recruited New York....Adams would put the D.C. cherry on the cake....
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
User avatar
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am
Karma: 59

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Time to go watch the Scooby Doos.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31646
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:52 pm

bcmurph wrote:
NJM89 wrote:A lot of talk about Mark Scmidt on twitter. Don't know much about him but I'm sure most people wouldn't want him?


If we're going in that general direction, I like Mark Schmidt. If he could bring Michael Adams with him, I'd like him even better.

BC Guy, solid experience at Xavier, from Providence, recruited New York....Adams would put the D.C. cherry on the cake....


not sure id want someone who's head coaching experience is:

6 years at robert morris - no postseason, 82-90

7 years at st bona - 1 ncaa (0 wins), 105-108
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 737

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Gonzaga coach would be a great fit. Forget Schmidt and Cooley.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -340

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Few, Smart and Stevens huh
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14311
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1728

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 pm

eagle9903 wrote:Few, Smart and Stevens huh


Forget all them. Think we gotta go Self or Calipari or else bates sucks.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 737

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:25 pm

eagle9903 wrote:Few, Smart and Stevens huh

you can't tell me you're surprised by these h00pZ w3ird0z and their yukon ways.

if phil jackson hadn't just raped the knicks we'd likely see his name here too
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20762
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5762

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:26 pm

commavegarage wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:Few, Smart and Stevens huh


Forget all them. Think we gotta go Self or Calipari or else bates sucks.

bill "poops him" self is roy williams without the pr department.

for those not named teddy, this is NOT a compliment
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20762
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5762

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Is John Wooden still alive?
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14978
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2910

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby bcmurph on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 pm

commavegarage wrote:
bcmurph wrote:
NJM89 wrote:A lot of talk about Mark Scmidt on twitter. Don't know much about him but I'm sure most people wouldn't want him?


If we're going in that general direction, I like Mark Schmidt. If he could bring Michael Adams with him, I'd like him even better.

BC Guy, solid experience at Xavier, from Providence, recruited New York....Adams would put the D.C. cherry on the cake....


not sure id want someone who's head coaching experience is:

6 years at robert morris - no postseason, 82-90

7 years at st bona - 1 ncaa (0 wins), 105-108


Yeah, I get that....I like his demeanor, his team seems to play hard, and he came into a devastated program without many resources (albeit with a fanbase that was chomping at the bit for any positive sign)
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
User avatar
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am
Karma: 59

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:39 pm

As I assess the situation it seems we need a coach who has proven he can win at the high major level, can recruit athletes, is comfortable in the northeast, and is looking for a job...


























Image
:screamyeagle :cheer :screamyeagle :cheer :screamyeagle
:screamyeagle :screamyeagle
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -161

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Any chance we could bring in Bobby Knight and Nolan Richardson as co-coaches?
User avatar
Onyx Blackman
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am
Karma: 2926

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby talon on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Image
User avatar
talon
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:01 pm
Karma: 229

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby bcmurph on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Image
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
User avatar
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am
Karma: 59

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby apbc12 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:Is John Wooden still alive?

No, which makes him the perfect candidate for fan relations.
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Wash St AD's comment on Howland:

"I'm under the assumption that Ben (Howland) deserves to go to a program that hasn't got the rebuilding requirements that (WSU) has."

That said, I can't imagine they are in worse shape than us.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 737

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby bcmurph on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Jack Andrade ‏@RealJackAndrade 1h
Huge news breaking on @GoLocalProv- PC coach Ed Cooley is on the shortlist to replace Steve Donahue at Boston College http://www.golocalprov.com/sports/could ... ng-search/
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
User avatar
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am
Karma: 59

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm

I've been VERY VERY impressed by Cooley but two things.

1. He makes 2 mil. He wouldn't leave for a penny less. (Nor should he)

2. I doubt the master wants anything to do with any old regimes. (Which is totally fair)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 737

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm

bcmurph wrote:
Jack Andrade ‏@RealJackAndrade 1h
Huge news breaking on @GoLocalProv- PC coach Ed Cooley is on the shortlist to replace Steve Donahue at Boston College http://www.golocalprov.com/sports/could ... ng-search/

the nickname giver in me does not know how i feel about him (and his weird hair)
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20762
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5762

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby EagleDave on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 pm

bcmurph wrote:
Jack Andrade ‏@RealJackAndrade 1h
Huge news breaking on @GoLocalProv- PC coach Ed Cooley is on the shortlist to replace Steve Donahue at Boston College http://www.golocalprov.com/sports/could ... ng-search/


Yes, please.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
User avatar
EagleDave
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3832
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:09 am
Location: Bridgewater, MA
Karma: 359

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:27 pm

commavegarage wrote:I've been VERY VERY impressed by Cooley but two things.

1. He makes 2 mil. He wouldn't leave for a penny less. (Nor should he)

2. I doubt the master wants anything to do with any old regimes. (Which is totally fair)


Other than the coaching part, Cooley is real impressive. He makes Roy Williams look like Red Auerbach
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31646
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby bcmurph on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:28 pm

commavegarage wrote:I've been VERY VERY impressed by Cooley but two things.

1. He makes 2 mil. He wouldn't leave for a penny less. (Nor should he)

2. I doubt the master wants anything to do with any old regimes. (Which is totally fair)


Honestly, I was just about to delete this when I actually followed the link....looks pretty bogus
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
User avatar
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am
Karma: 59

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 11 guests

Untitled document