New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby mloyko on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:46 pm

How long does it take to hire a good for nothing, cheap ass coach from the Univeristy of Ohio anyway? If he's the guy go ahead and announce it already so we can be once day closer to his firing.
mloyko
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The bright side of all this is that Bates has ensured that I can go back to not giving a goddamn shit about BC hoop. Had my attention for a week, I will vacate to the Conte ghost.

The Conte Ghost tweeted that he will no longer be attending games since the one name on his list was not hired.

It's Skerry to think about that.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The bright side of all this is that Bates has ensured that I can go back to not giving a goddamn shit about BC hoop. Had my attention for a week, I will vacate to the Conte ghost.

Pretty much this. FWIW, Christian was just on the radio somewhere claiming he hasn't actively pursued any other jobs
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i wonder if wake can find a better hire than this...

It sure as shit isnt' Danny Manning. Just sayin', Wake has it's own ... er ... issues
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

The Conte Ghost tweeted that he will no longer be attending games since the one name on his list was not hired.

It's Skerry to think about that.

Indeed
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:48 pm

The most unthinkable part about this hire is that BC has to pay a buyout for this jerkoff.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:49 pm

You knew there was a problem when they retained Fogler. Meant it was all or nothing on Jay Wright.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You knew there was a problem when they retained Fogler. Meant it was all or nothing on Jay Wright.

Christian is a client of Fogler...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The most unthinkable part about this hire is that BC has to pay a buyout for this jerkoff.

Wait until you see his BC salary and how long the deal is for. This is like when we re-upped Spaz and folks were telling us it was an extension in name only... and then it turned out to be anything but. Yeah... you think it's bad now... wait til you hear the terms.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Pretty much this. FWIW, Christian was just on the radio somewhere claiming he hasn't actively pursued any other jobs

@SoaringtoGlory: Christian y/day on WOUB:"I love, love my job here. I will say this: I have not-in any way, shape or form-actively pursued any other jobs."
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You knew there was a problem when they retained Fogler. Meant it was all or nothing on Jay Wright.

That's some nice oversight right there by Bates and the BOT. Congrats to Leahy for killing sports at BC. You can now retire in peace.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Christ epstein, I expect it from HJS
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The most unthinkable part about this hire is that BC has to pay a buyout for this jerkoff.

Wait until you see his BC salary and how long the deal is for. This is like when we re-upped Spaz and folks were telling us it was an extension in name only... and then it turned out to be anything but. Yeah... you think it's bad now... wait til you hear the terms.

Oh, he'll get at least 6 years/$6 million, I'm sure...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:54 pm

I am heading to the Final Four on Friday (apparently I missed the memo that Beeker sucks at being a basketball coach). If I see Mr. Butt Cut Bates, I'll gladly give him a cxnt punt on behalf of the board. Unless of course Teddy is right about Wright.
Last edited by Cadillac90 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

A Conflict of Interest! Quick, round up all the board lawyers and let's file for a TRO to enjoin this hire!

Given the number of lawyers here, if we divvy it up equally we'd each only need to write a sentence or two of the pleadings and it'd be done.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

@SoaringtoGlory: Christian y/day on WOUB:"I love, love my job here. I will say this: I have not-in any way, shape or form-actively pursued any other jobs."

He hasn't actively pursued it because we came calling through his agent... Eddie Fogler.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:56 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

yes. actively pursued does not mean he wasn't approached and then responded to the approach. that would not be actively pursuing.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:57 pm

some pretty fine lawyering from some of our board non-lawyers there (i believe).
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:01 pm

This is so goddamn depressing.

I'm sorry I originally objected to hiring Amaker.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He hasn't actively pursued it because we came calling through his agent... Eddie Fogler.

Wait...Fogler is now an agent? Whoa. That's some pretty strong work there, Beaner.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Seriously though, if we were to hire Jim Christian, what the fuck is taking so long?

Are we really negotiating with this loser? If it is him he should take our 500k and fucking run.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:08 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wait...Fogler is now an agent? Whoa. That's some pretty strong work there, Beaner.

Eddie Fogler is not an agent. He is a consultant for Boston College and apparently if this is true not a very good one. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:10 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Seriously though, if we were to hire Jim Christian, what the fuck is taking so long?

Are we really negotiating with this loser? If it is him he should take our 500k and fucking run.

They're waiting until Friday so they can announce this abomination under the veil of Opening Day at Fenway.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Eddie Fogler is not an agent. He is a consultant for Boston College and apparently if this is true not a very good one. :ace

Jim Christian and his wife and children beg to differ.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:13 pm

I eagerly await this pending DGF implosion.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:13 pm

If I had to speculate, and I intend to, this is how things likely went down:

Scene 1: Split Screen - two men talking on land line phones

BB: "we need some help up here with this search we're running. We like to do things the old-fashioned way and need to prepare a list of candidates for review by marineagle."

EF: "Of course, I understand and we only do business the old-fashioned way, so please, come and meet me in person tomorrow."

Scene 2: Office - Leather chairs. Mahogany Desk - Huge Banner stating "COCKS"

EF: "I've got a full stable of clients. Take a look at Jim Christian here, he went to Boston College University for crissakes!"

BB: "No, no, I've got my sights set on some big fish. Doesn't seem right to me. Let's talk about my names for a while."

EF: [Muttering to himself -"so he wants to play hardball, huh?] Aloud "Sure, sure, tell me about it then."

BB: "Well, I like Tommy Amaker, Jay Wright, Gregg Marshall....."

EF: [Tuning out BB and furiously typing email to his assistant that reads "Barb - get our usual kit, go time"]

BB: [Interrupted by Barb] "Why sure I'd love a cup of coffee."

Scene 3: Sips coffee, screen goes fuzzy, BB slurs his speech "what's in this coffee?"

Scene 4: BB unconscious and undressed, face buried in the loins of a DGF style "lady" while Barb snaps pictures

Scene 5: Cut to EF smiling ruefully

EF: "He never saw 'The Firm'. His mistake. I'd like to see him try not to hire Christian now."

Fin
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm not sure why Brad Bates would put his job under so much scrutiny by hiring someone like Christian. If we truly are at that candidate level why would he not go with a Schmidt or O'Shea or Mooney guy who have lots of fans at BC and would give Bates a LOOONG leash. If he hires Christian he is truly out of touch with reality.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:15 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:If I had to speculate, and I intend to, this is how things likely went down:

BB: "we need some help up here with this search we're running. We like to do things the old-fashioned way and need to prepare a list of candidates for review by marineagle."

EF: "Of course, I understand and we only do business the old-fashioned way, so please, come and meet me in person tomorrow."

EF: "I've got a full stable of clients. Take a look at Jim Christian here, he went to Boston College University for crissakes!"

BB: "No, no, I've got my sights set on some big fish. Doesn't seem right to me. Let's talk about my names for a while."

EF: [Muttering to himself -"so he wants to play hardball, huh?] Aloud "Sure, sure, tell me about it then."

EF: [Tuning out BB and furiously typing email to his assistant that reads "Barb - get our usual kit, go time"]

Scene 3: Sips coffee, screen goes fuzzy, BB slurs his speech "what's in this coffee?"

Scene 4: BB unconscious and undressed, face buried in the loins of a DGF style "lady" while Barb snaps pictures

EF: "He never saw 'The Firm'. His mistake. I'd like to see him try not to hire Christian now."

Fin

Fin is a nice touch. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:If I had to speculate, and I intend to, this is how things likely went down:

Fin

I laughed.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum