New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:12 pm

If we agree to hire Rick Barnes, will Chip Brown take us to the Pac12 along with Oklahoma and ND?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:If we agree to hire Rick Barnes, will Chip Brown take us to the Pac12 along with Oklahoma and ND?

Will you post about it on your bean the ween blog?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:26 pm

A few things. This thread is so muddled that I can tell truth from fiction here. Nobody is truly supporting lappas here are they? Jones would leave the head coaching job at BU to be an assistant at BU? And Tom penders had a faboulos perm.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:39 pm

I don't want your minds to asplode, but I just heard from a good source that Lefty Driesell is in the mix.

I'm not saying he's on the list, but he's definitely on a list.

Yeah, so he's 82 and can't properly shit without a team of horses and an elaborate pulley system, but who cares?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:A few things. This thread is so muddled that I can tell truth from fiction here. Nobody is truly supporting lappas here are they? Jones would leave the head coaching job at BU to be an assistant at BU? And Tom penders had a faboulos perm.

if you don't support bringing lappas to the heights then you should be banned from this website, campus and all away and exhibition game venues. siriuzly

also, joe jones would leave bu to act as an assistant under lappas. i don't think that's a far fetched scenario. i think he worked with beeker a little bit and recognized the dude was in over his head (luigi style) but knows that lappas can recruit and coach right up to the point of a significant game or tournament appearance
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 pm

:whiteflag

I surrender. I'm tired of having my balls tickled only to hear some of the uninspiring names. I'm going to stop caring and assume they are hiring Jim Christian or someone of his ilk. I will support the team and pray that the new lame ass coach is actually a very coach and we can be happy BC basketball fans. Huang - please reserve me a ticket for next year. Kthxbye
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BC96 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:52 pm

There's an assistant at MIT that has ties to the University, maybe he'd like to be Coach.

http://mitathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/coaches/grant_paul00.html
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:54 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}::whiteflag

I surrender. I'm tired of having my balls tickled only to hear some of the uninspiring names. I'm going to stop caring and assume they are hiring Jim Christian or someone of his ilk. I will support the team and pray that the new lame ass coach is actually a very coach and we can be happy BC basketball fans. Huang - please reserve me a ticket for next year. Kthxbye

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:There's an assistant at MIT that has ties to the University, maybe he'd like to be Coach.

Dear lord. Somebody please hit him with a snowball.

And beware his contract demands. He'll slip in a clause that says BC will reimburse him for his sunscreen, but that mf will use a quarter mil worth of SPF 50 in a year, no doubt.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:There's an assistant at MIT that has ties to the University, maybe he'd like to be Coach.

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 pm

DID THEY FUCKING HIRE ANYONE YET? CHRIST, JAY WRIGHT WON'T WAIT FOREVER, BRAD.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Lappas' candidacy is being promoted by an inner circle of people on this board who all share the same hurricane hot tub. In this magical season after snow but before hurricanes, the business of survival fades and the thoughts if these men turn to frivolous but pleasant diversions. Apparently the current lovesick dream bubbling up from the sweat, steam, and loosened curly hairs of possibly pubic origin is that one of these Philly dirt balls will coach a basketball team.
The whole thing is like a rap video except if George Michael directed it.

That said, Lappas is a better coach than whoever we do hire.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Lappas' candidacy is being promoted by an inner circle of people on this board who all share the same hurricane hot tub. In this magical season after snow but before hurricanes, the business of survival fades and the thoughts if these men turn to frivolous but pleasant diversions. Apparently the current lovesick dream bubbling up from the sweat, steam, and loosened curly hairs of possibly pubic origin is that one of these Philly dirt balls will coach a basketball team.

The way I see it, one of those fucking "edible arrangements" which is 90% cantaloupe (total bullshit), would be a better coach than most of the names being bounced around.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:DID THEY FUCKING HIRE ANYONE YET? CHRIST, JAY WRIGHT WON'T WAIT FOREVER, BRAD.

I think this has run its course
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:DID THEY FUCKING HIRE ANYONE YET? CHRIST, JAY WRIGHT WON'T WAIT FOREVER, BRAD.

You think wrong, usually. That's why you are still my assistant. You're like my Hopkins.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You think wrong, usually. That's why you are still my assistant. You're like my Hopkins.

only asshattier
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:42 pm

HookEm {l Wrote}:I'm a bit hesitant to post this, but here goes.

I'm a recent transplant to Boston, so I've taken an interest in the local team. I graduated a while back from Texas and still have a lot of friends down in the Austin area who work at the University. Rumor has it that Rick Barnes sees the writing on the wall at the UT and Myles Turner (stud C recruit from down there) is starting to look elsewhere. There is a lot of growing dissent among higher level boosters with Barnes not making a decent tournament run since 07-08 and Turner getting away could be the last straw with many of them in the support of Barnes. According to a friend who works in the AD, Barnes has been contacted by BC and minimally preliminary discussions have taken place that could lead him to BC. Not saying its a sure thing, but apparently Barnes is considering pulling a Buzz Williams and taking a paycut for more job security. He has ties to the East Coast and would be a slam dunk hire for BC. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I'll keep you guys informed.

full disclosure: I'm not a Barnes fan because I think UT can do better

this is like the filet mignon of trolling. well done.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:45 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Lappas' candidacy is being promoted by an inner circle of people on this board who all share the same hurricane hot tub. In this magical season after snow but before hurricanes, the business of survival fades and the thoughts if these men turn to frivolous but pleasant diversions. Apparently the current lovesick dream bubbling up from the sweat, steam, and loosened curly hairs of possibly pubic origin is that one of these Philly dirt balls will coach a basketball team.

george michael of wham or george michael bluth

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}::whiteflag

Agreed. At least BC is keeping it in the faith. The only regret is that there isn't a MAC coach with the last name Catholic. That'd have been a slam dunk ( :pontif pun intended!!! :pontiff )
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 pm

posters from texas always provide content to this site. it is appreciated.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
Last edited by mod6A on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 pm

My sources say that the Wright deal will be done by midday tomorrow and that epstein is a giant tool. The tie up today was that BB didn't want to disrespect the MAC coach, Christian.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I'm a recent transplant to Boston, so I've taken an interest in the local team. I graduated a while back from Texas and still have a lot of friends down in the Austin area who work at the University. Rumor has it that Rick Barnes sees the writing on the wall at the UT and Myles Turner (stud C recruit from down there) is starting to look elsewhere. There is a lot of growing dissent among higher level boosters with Barnes not making a decent tournament run since 07-08 and Turner getting away could be the last straw with many of them in the support of Barnes. According to a friend who works in the AD, Barnes has been contacted by BC and minimally preliminary discussions have taken place that could lead him to BC. Not saying its a sure thing, but apparently Barnes is considering pulling a Buzz Williams and taking a paycut for more job security. He has ties to the East Coast and would be a slam dunk hire for BC. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I'll keep you guys informed.

i prefer ribeyes
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:55 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

i prefer ribeyes

People with tastebuds usually do. I agree with Ty though, the NY Strip is the easier option
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My sources say that the Wright deal will be done by midday tomorrow and that epstein is a giant tool. The tie up today was that BB didn't want to disrespect the MAC coach, Christian.

multiple sources? seems like this is a done deal.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My sources say that the Wright deal will be done by midday tomorrow and that epstein is a giant tool. The tie up today was that BB didn't want to disrespect the MAC coach, Christian.

multiple sources? seems like this is a done deal.

The epstein part of that may have been creative license.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Bates is a moron if he thinks he can negotiate with Nova. If he wants Buttons, he needs to board their ship and kidnap him.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

i prefer ribeyes

can we compromise? maybe prime rib?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Bates is a moron if he thinks he can negotiate with Nova. If he wants Buttons, he needs to board their ship and kidnap him.

Dread Pirate Ray is no match for Master Bates.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Ibpedia informs me that Christian is from Bethpage NY. Are we going to hire a coach from Ronkonkoma-lite so he can cruise around in his Camaro with Aerosmith blaring? And just when community relations were back to normal with greater Boston area dental hygienists. Imagine that awful Lon Guyland accent at press conferences.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:10 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Ibpedia informs me that Christian is from Bethpage NY. Are we going to hire a coach from Ronkonkoma-lite so he can cruise around in his Camaro with Aerosmith blaring? And just when community relations were back to normal with greater Boston area dental hygienists. Imagine that awful Lon Guyland accent at press conferences.

I had thought Bethpage to be more Firebird country. I didn't think they imported Camaros to the Island.

I also would have gone Rush there.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum