New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New & Official Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Wait, I just realized that this other Christian dude is the Shaka Smart disciple whose weak ass press and gun threes offense got smoked by the Great Danes. Pass please. He's the second best guy named Christian, frankly
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:22 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Ibpedia informs me that Christian is from Bethpage NY. Are we going to hire a coach from Ronkonkoma-lite so he can cruise around in his Camaro with Aerosmith blaring? And just when community relations were back to normal with greater Boston area dental hygienists. Imagine that awful Lon Guyland accent at press conferences.

Is Bethpage anywhere near Toughchester? If so, it will be a good first step in building that fence around New England.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Bates is a moron if he thinks he can negotiate with Nova. If he wants Buttons, he needs to board their ship and kidnap him.

Dread Pirate Ray is no match for Master Bates.

It won't be easy. Luckily, he'll have the swashbucklers of Skerry's Ferry backing him up. Yarrrr.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HookEm {l Wrote}:I'm a bit hesitant to post this, but here goes.

I'm a recent transplant to Boston, so I've taken an interest in the local team. I graduated a while back from Texas and still have a lot of friends down in the Austin area who work at the University. Rumor has it that Rick Barnes sees the writing on the wall at the UT and Myles Turner (stud C recruit from down there) is starting to look elsewhere. There is a lot of growing dissent among higher level boosters with Barnes not making a decent tournament run since 07-08 and Turner getting away could be the last straw with many of them in the support of Barnes. According to a friend who works in the AD, Barnes has been contacted by BC and minimally preliminary discussions have taken place that could lead him to BC. Not saying its a sure thing, but apparently Barnes is considering pulling a Buzz Williams and taking a paycut for more job security. He has ties to the East Coast and would be a slam dunk hire for BC. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I'll keep you guys informed.

full disclosure: I'm not a Barnes fan because I think UT can do better

this is like the filet mignon of trolling. well done.

i prefer ribeyes

can we compromise? maybe prime rib?

holy fuck you are awful at everything
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I'm a recent transplant to Boston, so I've taken an interest in the local team. I graduated a while back from Texas and still have a lot of friends down in the Austin area who work at the University. Rumor has it that Rick Barnes sees the writing on the wall at the UT and Myles Turner (stud C recruit from down there) is starting to look elsewhere. There is a lot of growing dissent among higher level boosters with Barnes not making a decent tournament run since 07-08 and Turner getting away could be the last straw with many of them in the support of Barnes. According to a friend who works in the AD, Barnes has been contacted by BC and minimally preliminary discussions have taken place that could lead him to BC. Not saying its a sure thing, but apparently Barnes is considering pulling a Buzz Williams and taking a paycut for more job security. He has ties to the East Coast and would be a slam dunk hire for BC. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I'll keep you guys informed.

i prefer ribeyes

holy fuck you are awful at everything

my taste in meat is entirely different from your taste in meat, based on numerous pictures of an ex-Wake Forest QB.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 pm

I can confirm that Jay Wright is a coach
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Ibpedia informs me that Christian is from Bethpage NY. Are we going to hire a coach from Ronkonkoma-lite so he can cruise around in his Camaro with Aerosmith blaring? And just when community relations were back to normal with greater Boston area dental hygienists. Imagine that awful Lon Guyland accent at press conferences.

Is Bethpage anywhere near Toughchester? If so, it will be a good first step in building that fence around New England.

No, Bethpage is in the middle of Rocketcar county, Long Island. You don't need to build a wall around Long Island because there's already a moat. New England however does need a wall. And maybe a moat too. Full of orcas! And Submarine Hales!
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 pm

When did Bates realize he might have to fire Donahue? Should have been five games into the season. Could hardly have been later than January that it had to be considered very probable. And this is what we get?
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I have a good feeling about today.

I have a good feeling about today - not as good as yesterday's - but, this time - it's different.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:50 am

I thought this was a funny read. I mistakenly thought Ohio would've been psyched to have stolen a formerly highly successful MAC coach from a much bigger program. I was wrong.
http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboar ... &PID=68577
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:HJS is like the Fox News of this board. He posts false statements masquerading as facts that are aimed at stoking fear and vitriol from the other readers.

You have FOX mixed up with the DNC.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:09 am

If BC is going to hire Jim Christian, it's going to happen today.
If it doesn't happen today, they're not going to hire Jim Christian.

Also, if BC gave Mark Schmidt a "courtesy interview" to help raise his profile and earn him a raise because he's an alum, why couldn't the Christian rumors be a "courtesy interview" as well, assuming it's true that Folger & Christian have a prior relationship?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:36 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:I have a good feeling about today.

I have a good feeling about today - not as good as yesterday's - but, this time - it's different.

Different how? The last time I heard a sentence like this, it was followed up by 'It's in my ass instead of my vagina'.

Like that?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:43 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

i prefer ribeyes

ugh
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

i prefer ribeyes

ugh

seriously - the virgin tween is fucking brutal. he probably thinks that a chilled bud light is the perfect accompanyment to his prime rib. it helps me understand further how he had no chance at acceptance to bc
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:13 am

convict used to espouse the merits of Sam Adams with a 65 dollar porterhouse. Ah, the good old days.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:14 am

Here's a name which is flying under the radar: Dean Smith.

When asked about the BC job, Smith is quoted as saying "chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiie!"
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:17 am

In breaking news, my sources are telling that BC STILL hasn't hired a basketball coach.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 am

Prime rib sucks. You might as well just boil your steak.

Prime rib is the Boston College Basketball of beef cuts: sad and gross.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:37 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

i prefer ribeyes

ugh

seriously - the virgin tween is fucking brutal. he probably thinks that a chilled bud light is the perfect accompanyment to his prime rib.

He probably would start off the meal with with 18-year Macallan's watered-down and on the rocks.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:37 am

It's 836 in the morning and I'm already exhausted by this mess. I need a drink. Anyone want to meet up for a steak and a few bud lights?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:It's 836 in the morning and I'm already exhausted by this mess. I need a drink. Anyone want to meet up for a steak and a few bud lights?

As long as it's in a hot tub, I'm game!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 am

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:A few things. This thread is so muddled that I can tell truth from fiction here. Nobody is truly supporting lappas here are they? Jones would leave the head coaching job at BU to be an assistant at BU? And Tom penders had a faboulos perm.

if you don't support bringing lappas to the heights then you should be banned from this website, campus and all away and exhibition game venues. siriuzly

also, joe jones would leave bu to act as an assistant under lappas. i don't think that's a far fetched scenario. i think he worked with beeker a little bit and recognized the dude was in over his head (luigi style) but knows that lappas can recruit and coach right up to the point of a significant game or tournament appearance

Glad you've finally seen the light on Lappas. But you're stilll underselling him. Look at the run he had at Nova: 174-110 win loss record, one conference regular season championship, one conference tournament championship (and these were back when the Big East was really the Big East), 4 NCAA tournament appearances, 2 NCAA tournamnet wins, 3 NIT appearances. And you undersell the tournament performance too - the man won the NIT for Christsakes!

Right now tell me you wouldn't kill for BC to get a coach that could at least deliver those kinds of results.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BC96 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

i prefer ribeyes

BC96
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:00 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:It's 836 in the morning and I'm already exhausted by this mess. I need a drink. Anyone want to meet up for a steak and a few bud lights?

Brilliant idea. We'll cook the prime rib in the tub.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:03 am

Prime rib? What the fuck is going on here? How much of the silverware in your prime-rib eatin' kitchens was smuggled out of Golden Corral in a purse?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:06 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Prime rib? What the fuck is going on here? How much of the silverware in your prime-rib eatin' kitchens was smuggled out of Golden Corral in a purse?

Purse? Whoa fancy pants. Those knives were hidden in a plastic cabela's bag.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Here's a name which is flying under the radar: Dean Smith.

When asked about the BC job, Smith is quoted as saying "chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiie!"

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Brilliant idea. We'll cook the prime rib in the tub.

Bingo. After marinating in the bud light of course.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Prime rib? What the fuck is going on here? How much of the silverware in your prime-rib eatin' kitchens was smuggled out of Golden Corral in a purse?

Purse? Whoa fancy pants. Those knives were hidden in a plastic cabela's bag.

If it's for your RV's kitchen, it's fine to smuggle Golden Corral silverware. Totally different ball of wax.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum