Coaching Candidates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Candidates

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Strike Bruce Pearl from the hypothetical list. Heading to Auburn

Sucks but I never thought it was going to happen.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:09 am

I find it interesting that Andy Kennedy, Buzz Williams and Ben Howland have all been linked to the USF job. Pretty sure people thought at least 2 of those 3 would have no interest in a lowly school like BC. Of note... USF's AD (Harlan) came from UCLA and likely favors Howland.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:21 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Please raise your hand if you honestly believed Bruce Pearl had a chance of receiving an offer to be the head coach at Boston College next year.

Yeah, we got it, everyone agrees on this point.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:30 am

I always wanted Ben Howland anyway <sniff>
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

BC would never hire Andy Kennedy. Too much baggage and not the right fit. Williams' Marqutte ties help, but I don't think USF or BC would be willing to buy him out of his relatively good deal now.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:BC would never hire Andy Kennedy. Too much baggage and not the right fit. Williams' Marqutte ties help, but I don't think USF or BC would be willing to buy him out of his relatively good deal now.

BC wouldn't sniff Kennedy. This is the same guy who beat up a cabbie while screaming racial slurs (like calling him Big Laden). I think they would love Williams, but they would never, EVER match the $2.5mm a year he currently gets at Marquette (even if he didn't have any buyout provision).

I do not for a moment believe BC is going to make any sort of big splash. Howland was as big of a splash as I would have anticipated... and even that would have been more circumstantial (best job open in a lean year and Howland needing to rehab his career).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Please raise your hand if you honestly believed Bruce Pearl had a chance of receiving an offer to be the head coach at Boston College next year.

Yeah, we got it, everyone agrees on this point.

seriously, enough already dominojpbc12
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Avery Johnson would be a disaster. Aside from 0 college experience and 0 recruiting experience. I don't think the Jesuits would take to his preaching. I'm pretty sure he's one of the evangelicals that doesn't take to kindly to the Pope.

That was the difference between he and Herm that I noted - I believe Herm is a Catholic.

Well... at least Bama liked my idea.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:BC would never hire Andy Kennedy. Too much baggage and not the right fit. Williams' Marqutte ties help, but I don't think USF or BC would be willing to buy him out of his relatively good deal now.

BC wouldn't sniff Kennedy. This is the same guy who beat up a cabbie while screaming racial slurs (like calling him Big Laden). I think they would love Williams, but they would never, EVER match the $2.5mm a year he currently gets at Marquette (even if he didn't have any buyout provision).

I do not for a moment believe BC is going to make any sort of big splash. Howland was as big of a splash as I would have anticipated... and even that would have been more circumstantial (best job open in a lean year and Howland needing to rehab his career).

Howland is a great coach and a northeast guy, but I've ran into him a couple times the last few years and he doesn't look 57, more like 97.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 am

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
Howland is a great coach and a northeast guy, but I've ran into him a couple times the last few years and he doesn't look 57, more like 97.

Define northeast guy?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:30 am

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

Define northeast guy?

Define "into him a couple of times".
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:52 pm

I guess Pitt may not be NE, but from way over here it's deep in the NE.

Not sure who he knows at College of Idaho, but that's where.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum