Pearl

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pearl

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Can anyone confirm the reported siting of Pearl at Logan boarding a Pyongyang-bound flight to coach the host country team against the Rodman All Stars?

Your retarded

your just siting this now?

Nope
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Can anyone confirm the reported siting of Pearl at Logan boarding a Pyongyang-bound flight to coach the host country team against the Rodman All Stars?

Your retarded

your just siting this now?

Nope

oh
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Just responding to a few different points.

1. The roster turning as in not stuck with the Don's players is a huge plus for most coaches. They can go and get their players quickly.

2. Amaker sucks but he is probably going to be BC's new coach (or is more likely than Pearl). If Harvard were such a better job, he wouldn't be willing to ditch it for the chance to coach BC. He wants the BC job and thinks it is very underrated.

3. I also went to a prep school that feeds players (though in my day, the prep powers were slightly different). The recruits preference can change quickly. Don't worry about BC. Worry about the coach. The good coaches will find the right talent for their systems. One could argue that Don -- even as a terrible recruiter -- had the right players for his system until the rules changed and the team tuned him out.

4. The BC job is appealing. Pearl is not the only name interested. Howland is too. However, I don't know if BC will pony up for a big hire. The more Don sucks, the more pressure there will be to make a big move.

5. Bates doesn't have the same freedom as GDF. I think he would go big time but I think there are enough Whale Pants on the board who will object.

I think we will probably hire a MAC type coach but don't think this job is undesirable.

AT,

You ain't going unchallenged on this one.

Tell us the factual basis for your statement that Howland is interested in coming here.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Also, foot. I never suggested or said decades of sucktitude. Jut because I miss watching a good product doesn't mean I think bc isn't capable of turning it around. The warts I reference are there, had you ever been recruited by a major program you would see them. That said, every god damn program has warts, we just need a coach to cover them, as you originally suggested. Because you are unable to hold a logical argument you resort to making shit up like decades of sucktitude, and putting other words in my mouth. Reminiscent of the Tea Party. You my friend need to learn how to read, analyze said material, form an argument and stick to it. Luckily congress isn't back in sesh until tomorrow, or I would be sick of dealing with such a simple mind.... Thankfully, u have given me my daily fix, I pitty you sir.

I went back and re-read everything. You're right, you never suggested the demise of the program. You just sound like an asshole.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:33 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

1. The roster turning as in not stuck with the Don's players is a huge plus for most coaches. They can go and get their players quickly.

2. Amaker sucks but he is probably going to be BC's new coach (or is more likely than Pearl). If Harvard were such a better job, he wouldn't be willing to ditch it for the chance to coach BC. He wants the BC job and thinks it is very underrated.

3. I also went to a prep school that feeds players (though in my day, the prep powers were slightly different). The recruits preference can change quickly. Don't worry about BC. Worry about the coach. The good coaches will find the right talent for their systems. One could argue that Don -- even as a terrible recruiter -- had the right players for his system until the rules changed and the team tuned him out.

4. The BC job is appealing. Pearl is not the only name interested. Howland is too. However, I don't know if BC will pony up for a big hire. The more Don sucks, the more pressure there will be to make a big move.

5. Bates doesn't have the same freedom as GDF. I think he would go big time but I think there are enough Whale Pants on the board who will object.

I think we will probably hire a MAC type coach but don't think this job is undesirable.

AT,

You ain't going unchallenged on this one.

Tell us the factual basis for your statement that Howland is interested in coming here.

I have no way of proving it. How would you like me to prove it? I am just passing on information from people who know. Multiple, different people have told me Howland wants to get back into coaching and has looked into BC and let it be known that if there is a change, he would like to be considered for the job.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Did the arm injury that prematurely ended your college athletics career occur from patting yourself on the back too often? Holy fuck... tell us again how you are smart, handsome and not fat at all.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Didn't end the career, I switched to a more academically prestigious school and played ball in relative obscurity.

You sound like this "although I was wrong and completely made shit up because I am on my period and can't take an honest assessment of our program, you sound like an ass, so our program is great."

Wtf do u expect, act like an asshat and I will respond in kind.

OK, we get it, you're awesome.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Didn't end the career, I switched to a more academically prestigious school and played ball in relative obscurity.

You sound like this "although I was wrong and completely made shit up because I am on my period and can't take an honest assessment of our program, you sound like an ass, so our program is great."

OK, we get it, you're awesome.

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 am

Appreciate the Howland insight, good to hear
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:29 am

The Foot is like the Colts here, got his ass kicked for 3 quarters, but is making a late comeback.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The Foot is like the Colts here, got his ass kicked for 3 quarters, but is making a late comeback.

I just want to know when they are supposed to make out. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:14 am

are you marc molinsky?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:16 am

Wasn't Molinsky some sort of long drive champion or something? My memory fades...
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wasn't Molinsky some sort of long drive champion or something? My memory fades...

he was certainly the "getting the young ladies naked and onto his penis" champion.

p and s - he was also an accountant. just sayin...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wasn't Molinsky some sort of long drive champion or something? My memory fades...

he was certainly the "getting the young ladies naked and onto his penis" champion.

So you use your own unverifiable story to support your false syllogism? Nice work.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So you use your own unverifiable story to support your false syllogism? Nice work.

much like spaz's punch and a player not named quinton porter's shredding a gal in walsh, students on campus at the same time as marc molinski can verify that he was quite popular with the ladies
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

much like spaz's punch and a player not named quinton porter's shredding a gal in walsh, students on campus at the same time as marc molinski can verify that he was quite popular with the ladies

That wasn't the problem I had with your syllogism.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That wasn't the problem I had with your syllogism.

i simply posted an interesting, cliff-claven-like-little-known-fact. if you drew any correlation or connection between the two of the three things that i know about marc molinski (the third was that he was relatively proficient at 3-point shooting), that's on your lawyered mind...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Yes, Howland would be interested in the BC job. Confirmed. Don't ask me to reveal my ways. I know people in Cali.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:23 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Yes, Howland would be interested in the BC job. Confirmed. Don't ask me to reveal my ways. I know people in Cali.

are you adam howland? is the "rob" in your screen name simply intended to throw us off?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:39 pm

I figured Howland did something to get fired. Basically, UCLA firing him is as crazy (prob crazier) than GDF's reasons for canning Al. He didnt; go deep in the tourney last yea. That;s what winning the conference and 3 final fours gets you at UCLA--

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/25 ... d-20130325

He'd be a great catch for us.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Could Howland have success with the new NCAA rules? With his aggressive defense, every starter would be fouled out within 4 minutes at Dook....
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:25 pm

A few opinion questions for ATL, or others:

My lazy research saya Howland made $2mill per year at UCLA. Maybe another half a million for shoe deals, tv stuff, radio, summer camps and so on. Lets say 2.5 per.

1. If he asks for that same compensation, is the negotiation over before it starts.

2. Do you think BC will pay that type of money to any coach, even if they firmly believe it is the right guy and it is a solid investment.

3. Howland has 3 final four's under his belt, are we are fooling ourselves to think that a coach like that would want BC?

4. He is on paper a better coach than Pearl, who many beleive would not want BC, so why Howland?

5. is it fair to asssume that there will be other jobs open for Howland that are better jobs and will compensate him at a higher salary.

5. Odds right now of Howland to BC? 25%, less or more?

6. Odds right now of Pearl to BC? 25% more or less?
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:37 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The Foot is like the Colts here, got his ass kicked for 3 quarters, but is making a late comeback.

See what happens when I do not have my banning powers?!
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:42 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

now that nospace is gone maybe justin will give them back to you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:27 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

now that nospace is gone maybe justin will give them back to you

Murt has all the banning powers on this board.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:49 pm

This is opinion mixed with gossip. Take it for what it is worth. GDF and those around him liked to talk. Bates holds things closer to the vest. Plus the football search showed that the BOT will be involved. With GDF's hires they just rubber stamped his choices.

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:A few opinion questions for ATL, or others:

My lazy research saya Howland made $2mill per year at UCLA. Maybe another half a million for shoe deals, tv stuff, radio, summer camps and so on. Lets say 2.5 per.

1. If he asks for that same compensation, is the negotiation over before it starts.

2. Do you think BC will pay that type of money to any coach, even if they firmly believe it is the right guy and it is a solid investment.

3. Howland has 3 final four's under his belt, are we are fooling ourselves to think that a coach like that would want BC?

4. He is on paper a better coach than Pearl, who many beleive would not want BC, so why Howland?

5. is it fair to asssume that there will be other jobs open for Howland that are better jobs and will compensate him at a higher salary.

5. Odds right now of Howland to BC? 25%, less or more?

6. Odds right now of Pearl to BC? 25% more or less?

1. BC could pay that much. I have no idea if they will. The money from the attendance boost alone could cover the cost. I am sure we could get Under Armour to kick a little more Howland's way too.

2. BC won't hand Amaker or any of the other B list guys $2 million. Pearl and Howland are the only guys I could see getting megadeals.

3 and 4. Aside from the NCAA baggage, I think Howland is more likely because he wants a program like BC. Based on what I've heard about him (and Hawaii Rob could echo this), he really disliked the nonbasketball stuff at UCLA. Didn't like the one and done types and didn't like the opinionated boosters. I think he knows he could recruit the northeast like he did at Pitt, win like Skinner and lead a relatively basketball focused life. From a BC perspective the downside of Howland is he won't be the ambassador that Pearl would be. Howland won't paint his chest for a women's hoops game or spend every off day down at ESPN.

5 and 6. It really depends on how desperate BC gets. Both are there for the taking. But in the last 40 years under two different presidents and four different ADs, we've only hired two big names. One was Milbury and the other was Henning. Our history says we will probably end up with a guy looking to make the move up and not the guy looking for a second shot at the big time.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 pm

I'll put the odds of BC paying a coach $2+ mil at 0%. There's no chance the BOT is making that kind of investment.

We're going to end up with Amaker or one of the rejects from the Skinner coaching tree.

I have faith in Bates, but not if BC won't pay
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 pm

sorry - the black community won't let amaker come to the heights. just ask your runner up roonie
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Not to harp on Howland, but watching the UCLA-Ariz game tonite -- UCLA winning with all Howland's recruits -- makes me kind of amazed this guy was fired (I still see empty seats at the arena. so much for the electricity of Steve Alford to get people in the seats).
A lot of what's damning in this article about Howland sounds like a pretty good eastern BBall coach to me -- tough players, man to man over zone, no showtime. I'd be great with that. To me, the really good BC teams of Al and JOB were marked by their toughness.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/04 ... d-20121204
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum