Page 171 of 173

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:02 pm
by Shaddix
Going to page 1 of the old Commits/Recruiting pre 2014 thread is the most depressing thing I've done in awhile.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:07 pm
by BConway
We offered 20 big man Eduardo Andre. Consensus 3 star but a 247 4 star.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:11 pm
by eepstein0
BConway wrote:We offered 20 big man Eduardo Andre. Consensus 3 star but a 247 4 star.


Major project. Van der Baan is also (albeit less so than this kid)

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 pm
by BConway
eepstein0 wrote:
BConway wrote:We offered 20 big man Eduardo Andre. Consensus 3 star but a 247 4 star.


Major project. Van der Baan is also (albeit less so than this kid)

But by most accounts he has great upside. Having as many big men on the roster as possible is fine by me. I'll never pass on a long athletic big.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:48 pm
by 2001Eagle
BConway wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BConway wrote:We offered 20 big man Eduardo Andre. Consensus 3 star but a 247 4 star.


Major project. Van der Baan is also (albeit less so than this kid)

But by most accounts he has great upside. Having as many big men on the roster as possible is fine by me. I'll never pass on a long athletic big.


That’s what she said.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:27 pm
by NJM89
Finally sent out offers for the 2021 class to local kids Gianni Thompson and Casey Simmons

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:05 pm
by Logitano
Logitano wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:They either have to fire him or extend him, having a lame duck coach is entirely self-defeating. They're not firing him so there's your extension.

Unrelatedly, imagine the feeling a hypothetical poster might have if he had entered into a hypothetical bet in which he had wagered our head coach would get fired this summer.

That guy would probably feel like a real loser!


His contract was already running through 2020 so hardly a lame duck. Jarmond has revealed himself as looking to be gone from here in the next two or three years. :ace


Bump! :ace

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 am
by claver2010
top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:24 pm
by BConway
claver2010 wrote:top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may


Would be a good get. Especially with almost our entire frontcourt leaving as grads and post grads. Steff will have given is 4 years of 32 minutes per. I know he csnt score but that's a lot of good minutes to have to replace.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:40 am
by Tom Dooder
BConway wrote:
claver2010 wrote:top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may


Would be a good get. Especially with almost our entire frontcourt leaving as grads and post grads. Steff will have given is 4 years of 32 minutes per. I know he csnt score but that's a lot of good minutes to have to replace.


Six open scholarships next year. JVB should be ready to take 20+ minutes next year. 3-4 Freshmen and 2-3 grad transfers and 2 of the grad transfers need to be bigs as five of graduates are forwards. Need to smooth the graduation cliff and with MAL the only Senior in 2021, it will help. 2022 should then again have 3-4 open schollies.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 am
by Primetime
Tom Dooder wrote:
BConway wrote:
claver2010 wrote:top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may


Would be a good get. Especially with almost our entire frontcourt leaving as grads and post grads. Steff will have given is 4 years of 32 minutes per. I know he csnt score but that's a lot of good minutes to have to replace.


Six open scholarships next year. JVB should be ready to take 20+ minutes next year. 3-4 Freshmen and 2-3 grad transfers and 2 of the grad transfers need to be bigs as five of graduates are forwards. Need to smooth the graduation cliff and with MAL the only Senior in 2021, it will help. 2022 should then again have 3-4 open schollies.


I've seen chatter that Karnik will sit a year (he needs a waiver unlike Kelly/Adams/Scott), which helps smooth the transition (Karnik slots in for Adams in 2021-22).

Big question for JC is: can he get anybody in the class of 2021 to commit, knowing he might not be there. Another question is whether Kamari Williams and CJ Felder can step into the 3/4 roles or if they transfer out because they aren't getting the minutes they want.

I want to believe big things for Langford and JVB but I've learned it's best not to get my hopes up with freshmen :shrug

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:46 pm
by BConway
Primetime wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
BConway wrote:
claver2010 wrote:top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may


Would be a good get. Especially with almost our entire frontcourt leaving as grads and post grads. Steff will have given is 4 years of 32 minutes per. I know he csnt score but that's a lot of good minutes to have to replace.


Six open scholarships next year. JVB should be ready to take 20+ minutes next year. 3-4 Freshmen and 2-3 grad transfers and 2 of the grad transfers need to be bigs as five of graduates are forwards. Need to smooth the graduation cliff and with MAL the only Senior in 2021, it will help. 2022 should then again have 3-4 open schollies.


I've seen chatter that Karnik will sit a year (he needs a waiver unlike Kelly/Adams/Scott), which helps smooth the transition (Karnik slots in for Adams in 2021-22).

Big question for JC is: can he get anybody in the class of 2021 to commit, knowing he might not be there. Another question is whether Kamari Williams and CJ Felder can step into the 3/4 roles or if they transfer out because they aren't getting the minutes they want.

I want to believe big things for Langford and JVB but I've learned it's best not to get my hopes up with freshmen :shrug


I think Langford can contribute right away. He seems to be a pretty solid all around player and has a body than can play at a high level. Vander Baan should redshirt, hes not physically ready and his game isnt ready. It would help the scholarship balance if he sat and Karnick sat but leaves us very thin this year.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:09 pm
by NJM89
2021 offer out to Bensley Jospeh local top 150 PG

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 am
by claver2010
claver2010 wrote:top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may


top 7 as well for casey simmons from milton academy with northwestern, pitt, princeton, texas, miami & yale

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:04 pm
by BCHerbert
claver2010 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may


top 7 as well for casey simmons from milton academy with northwestern, pitt, princeton, texas, miami & yale


Casey Simmons committed to Northwestern. Great job by the staff. JC gets pounded by Duke Collins at home by 18 points, Northwestern finishes with an 8-22 record, and Duke Collins finishes JC off by plucking a Mass Rivals kid.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 pm
by NJM89
We been in contact with Preston Murphy jr (2022) wonder if we need to send him a bag just like how his pops use to do his business.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:38 am
by eepstein0
BCHerbert wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:top 7 w xavier, pc, temple, richmond, vt & ped state for #2 player in mass Gianni Thompson from brimmer & may


top 7 as well for casey simmons from milton academy with northwestern, pitt, princeton, texas, miami & yale


Casey Simmons committed to Northwestern. Great job by the staff. JC gets pounded by Duke Collins at home by 18 points, Northwestern finishes with an 8-22 record, and Duke Collins finishes JC off by plucking a Mass Rivals kid.


Why would good players commit to a lame duck coach with horrendous facilities?

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:56 am
by BCHerbert
Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 am
by eepstein0
BCHerbert wrote:Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.


JC was less of a lame duck coach when Langford committed.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:22 am
by HJS
eepstein0 wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.


JC was less of a lame duck coach when Langford committed.

Did our facilities get better between this year and last?

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm
by Tom Dooder
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.


JC was less of a lame duck coach when Langford committed.

Did our facilities get better between this year and last?


They did add a second blender to the smoothie bar in the locker room.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:57 pm
by HJS
Tom Dooder wrote:
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.


JC was less of a lame duck coach when Langford committed.

Did our facilities get better between this year and last?


They did add a second blender to the smoothie bar in the locker room.

You’re not wrong. Basketball “facilities” preventing us from recruiting only became a thing a year after Jimmy Mac’s extension. It was used by Marty as an excuse to justify the indefensible (his going all-in on JC after securing an NIT invite). Fr. Leahy refused to eat that mistake. Marty truly felt Christian was the answer at BC... given that judgement (undoubtedly influenced by his playing career), we should be happy that someone else will be finding the replacement.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:29 pm
by eepstein0
HJS wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.


JC was less of a lame duck coach when Langford committed.

Did our facilities get better between this year and last?


They did add a second blender to the smoothie bar in the locker room.

You’re not wrong. Basketball “facilities” preventing us from recruiting only became a thing a year after Jimmy Mac’s extension. It was used by Marty as an excuse to justify the indefensible (his going all-in on JC after securing an NIT invite). Fr. Leahy refused to eat that mistake. Marty truly felt Christian was the answer at BC... given that judgement (undoubtedly influenced by his playing career), we should be happy that someone else will be finding the replacement.


The coach sucks, but the facilities are the reason we can’t hire a good coach. Until they build a BB Practice Facility (and really fix Conte) we’re going to be stuck in this miserable cycle.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:28 pm
by HJS
eepstein0 wrote:The coach sucks, but the facilities are the reason we can’t hire a good coach. Until they build a BB Practice Facility (and really fix Conte) we’re going to be stuck in this miserable cycle.

Wow. Just wow.

I’ll just say I disagree. If I agreed, I would not visit this board for another 5 years.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 pm
by Primetime
BCHerbert wrote:Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.


Is it reasonable to think that Simmons would NOT want to join because he doesn't want to be in a crowded backcourt with Heath-Tabbs-Langford? Particularly Langford, as they're very similar physically.

I wonder to what extent it hurts our recruiting with established/young players at the 1-2-3 for the next 3+ years. JC being a lame duck doesn't help: I'd be surprised if we get a half-decent 2021 signee until and unless JC and the Eagles have a decent/plus year.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm
by eepstein0
Primetime wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:Ask Demarr Langford Jr. He was ranked just as high as Simmons. And before you say he was a lock to go to BC because of his brother, that’s simply not true.


Is it reasonable to think that Simmons would NOT want to join because he doesn't want to be in a crowded backcourt with Heath-Tabbs-Langford? Particularly Langford, as they're very similar physically.

I wonder to what extent it hurts our recruiting with established/young players at the 1-2-3 for the next 3+ years. JC being a lame duck doesn't help: I'd be surprised if we get a half-decent 2021 signee until and unless JC and the Eagles have a decent/plus year.


If you’re a Top 150 player and you don’t think you can crack our lineup you’re better off elsewhere. I’m also sure that’s not the reason he didn’t come to BC.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:57 am
by eepstein0
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:The coach sucks, but the facilities are the reason we can’t hire a good coach. Until they build a BB Practice Facility (and really fix Conte) we’re going to be stuck in this miserable cycle.

Wow. Just wow.

I’ll just say I disagree. If I agreed, I would not visit this board for another 5 years.


What established coach wants to come up and deal with terribly facilities (along with all the other obvious challenges with BC)? We'll always be able to find mediocre mid-major candidates.

Apparently they're also interested in Jace Chatman.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:59 pm
by HJS
eepstein0 wrote:
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:The coach sucks, but the facilities are the reason we can’t hire a good coach. Until they build a BB Practice Facility (and really fix Conte) we’re going to be stuck in this miserable cycle.

Wow. Just wow.

I’ll just say I disagree. If I agreed, I would not visit this board for another 5 years.


What established coach wants to come up and deal with terribly facilities (along with all the other obvious challenges with BC)? We'll always be able to find mediocre mid-major candidates.

Apparently they're also interested in Jace Chatman.

I'll bite... who is the just-hired to coach the Idiots on North Avenue?

If you are saying that BC can't compete for Brad Stevens, I agree. But, we aren't landing an established winning coach because of our facilities (or lack there of). We could annex those the Celts use at New Balance and it won't make a difference. We will always be mining for our next coach through mid-majors or top assistants. Would we be potentially more attractive versus other suitors the next time Cornell makes a run to the NCAAs... sure. But, the best facilities in the country will not move us from John Becker to Tom Izzo.

All BC could ever hope to be (in the next dozen years) is a major version of VCU/Dayton where they make a series of excellent hires that get routinely get poached by the likes of OSU. To that end, even if we convert the Fish Fieldhouse to a BB facility, BC's next coach will be an assistant (like Hubie Davis or Greg Paulsen), a mid-major (like Wes MIller or Mike Rhoades) or someone who failed and looking for a second chance (like Shaka Smart, Anthony Grant, or a 68-year-old John Beilein). You are rooting for the wrong program if you are looking for something more.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:16 pm
by eepstein0
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:The coach sucks, but the facilities are the reason we can’t hire a good coach. Until they build a BB Practice Facility (and really fix Conte) we’re going to be stuck in this miserable cycle.

Wow. Just wow.

I’ll just say I disagree. If I agreed, I would not visit this board for another 5 years.


What established coach wants to come up and deal with terribly facilities (along with all the other obvious challenges with BC)? We'll always be able to find mediocre mid-major candidates.

Apparently they're also interested in Jace Chatman.

I'll bite... who is the just-hired to coach the Idiots on North Avenue?

If you are saying that BC can't compete for Brad Stevens, I agree. But, we aren't landing an established winning coach because of our facilities (or lack there of). We could annex those the Celts use at New Balance and it won't make a difference. We will always be mining for our next coach through mid-majors or top assistants. Would we be potentially more attractive versus other suitors the next time Cornell makes a run to the NCAAs... sure. But, the best facilities in the country will not move us from John Becker to Tom Izzo.

All BC could ever hope to be (in the next dozen years) is a major version of VCU/Dayton where they make a series of excellent hires that get routinely get poached by the likes of OSU. To that end, even if we convert the Fish Fieldhouse to a BB facility, BC's next coach will be an assistant (like Hubie Davis or Greg Paulsen), a mid-major (like Wes MIller or Mike Rhoades) or someone who failed and looking for a second chance (like Shaka Smart, Anthony Grant, or a 68-year-old John Beilein). You are rooting for the wrong program if you are looking for something more.


No one is suggesting BC needs to hire Brad Stevens or Tom Izzo. Shaka Smart or John Beilein would be great. Neither are coming anywhere near BC with the current state of the program & facilities. Beilein told BC to go away this past March.

You're not winning at BC with "insert mid-major coach here", bad facilities and everything else that comes with BC especially after the last 2 coaches were historic disasters.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:21 pm
by HJS
eepstein0 wrote:You're not winning at BC with "insert mid-major coach here", bad facilities and everything else that comes with BC especially after the last 2 coaches were historic disasters.

The last 2 coaches would've still been hired and would've failed regardless of the facilities.