recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BC923 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 pm

MF73-Eleazar wrote:Besides Rishwain, who were the other signees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOq36cj_Hw

Felder, Heath, and Williams
BC923
Cushing Hall

Postby cremins on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 am

how does this class stand in the ACC? country? seems like another good one. felder and heath are both highly rated and the other two are sleepers
with good looking shots.
cremins
n00b

Postby BC923 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:07 am

cremins wrote:how does this class stand in the ACC? country? seems like another good one. felder and heath are both highly rated and the other two are sleepers
with good looking shots.

55th in the country, near the bottom of the ACC, but ahead of a decent amount of other P5 teams. As with football, this class is probably underrated because rankings are based on clicks to an extent (Felder might be a 4 star had he committed to Bruce Pearl at Auburn, Jay Heath might have been had he committed to Georgetown)

The flyers are good in my opinion too. Rishwain had a Wichita State offer and a Utah offer, and I'll give Lou Williams' son a chance any time.

With Spinelli on staff, I don't see the recruiting as nearly as much of a problem as it had been. They are pretty good at getting kids with decent offers and finding undervalued kids.
BC923
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 pm

BC923 wrote:
cremins wrote:how does this class stand in the ACC? country? seems like another good one. felder and heath are both highly rated and the other two are sleepers
with good looking shots.

55th in the country, near the bottom of the ACC, but ahead of a decent amount of other P5 teams. As with football, this class is probably underrated because rankings are based on clicks to an extent (Felder might be a 4 star had he committed to Bruce Pearl at Auburn, Jay Heath might have been had he committed to Georgetown)

The flyers are good in my opinion too. Rishwain had a Wichita State offer and a Utah offer, and I'll give Lou Williams' son a chance any time.

With Spinelli on staff, I don't see the recruiting as nearly as much of a problem as it had been. They are pretty good at getting kids with decent offers and finding undervalued kids.

Isn’t recruiting still a major problem? We have no depth and start JC Reyes at center.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:32 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BC923 wrote:
with good looking shots.

Isn’t recruiting still a major problem? We have no depth and start JC Reyes at center.

There are still roster issues, and it's taken too long but two more classes like the 2018 and 2019 should make a pretty good roster. I'm not excusing us being where we are, just saying that it's improved
BC923
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Felder, although slightly undersized at 6'6", has an impressive offer list.

Jay Heath's offer list is good as well. Kudos to the staff for getting guards who turn out to be solid contributors.

I take it that these 4 is it and there won't be a center or a bigger power forward added at a later date?
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.

MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:19 pm

i think there are roster issues but over the past couple of classes the recruiting has picked up. if they could convince ky to stick around (maybe he wants to play with his cousin), would be a decently deep roster.

G: Ky, Tabbs, Heath, Herren, Hamilton, Rishwain
Wing: Steff, Hamilton, Felder, Williams, VBJ
C: Pop, JC

edit: still no clue what the asst from ohio does
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:55 pm

claver2010 wrote:i think there are roster issues but over the past couple of classes the recruiting has picked up. if they could convince ky to stick around (maybe he wants to play with his cousin), would be a decently deep roster.

G: Ky, Tabbs, Heath, Herren, Hamilton, Rishwain
Wing: Steff, Hamilton, Felder, Williams, VBJ
C: Pop, JC

edit: still no clue what the asst from ohio does

And Luka
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Ignore Epstein, the recruiting looks good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bender on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:28 am

A big part of our depth problems come from early departures. The recruiting has been decent but they don't have the three of the top four players that should be in our senior class. I just hope we can hold on to the players in the freshman class along with the recruits for next year.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:56 pm

The depth problem is with bigs. Robinson, Turner and Milon still being in the program don't solve that problem.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Uptown Eagle wrote:The depth problem is with bigs. Robinson, Turner and Milon still being in the program don't solve that problem.

This is sorta where I am. You really shouldn’t be using guys like VBJ in this conference
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum