Page 163 of 170

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm
by BConway
Tom Dooder wrote:Can't see how we get Girard now. Need a big.

And a real PG. I didn't see a PG when I watched Tabbs and Heath. Herren and Wilson dont really look like ACC caliber either. The pieces we have for 19 are talented but look a little redundant, lots of combo guards, wings and small 4's.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:18 pm
by 2001Eagle
BConway wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:Can't see how we get Girard now. Need a big.

And a real PG. I didn't see a PG when I watched Tabbs and Heath. Herren and Wilson dont really look like ACC caliber either. The pieces we have for 19 are talented but look a little redundant, lots of combo guards, wings and small 4's.


I agree it looks over for Girard. One thing that seemed to be in BC's favor was that Cuse was telling him he had to play off the ball and would be a combo guard, while I don't think BC had the same approach.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:48 pm
by Corporal Funishment
When he said he wanted to play in front of the best fans in the country I knew it was finally over

recruits read these boards

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:40 pm
by claver2010

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 am
by eepstein0
Corporal Funishment wrote:When he said he wanted to play in front of the best fans in the country I knew it was finally over

recruits read these boards


Cuse having the best fans in the world is hilarious

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 pm
by Brablc
Looks like Anthony Walker is announcing his decision on Saturday. BC in final four with Illinois, Pitt and Miami:

https://twitter.com/AntgotClout/status/ ... 24384?s=19

Would be a good addition to this class.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 pm
by 2001Eagle
Brablc wrote:Looks like Anthony Walker is announcing his decision on Saturday. BC in final four with Illinois, Pitt and Miami:

https://twitter.com/AntgotClout/status/ ... 24384?s=19

Would be a good addition to this class.



Miami seems to be in the lead here.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 am
by ricosuave
BC also seems to be in the final four for CJ Felder. 6'7" small-ball PF.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 am
by Brablc
Thanks rico. Looks like Felder is announcing this week as well. Schools are Murray State, Georgia Tech, LSU, Virginia Tech and BC:

https://twitter.com/C1__BG/status/1052197064065634304

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 am
by Tom Dooder
As of now, BC has no scholarships available. Assuming Herren is not awarded one next year and Bowman leaves, there still is one left. BC can't be getting both Walker and Felder and unless someone else is leaving the team, how can they guarantee a spot?

Walker looks destined for Miami.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 am
by Corporal Funishment
for the tenth time, look at the roster, there are going to be between 2 and 3 underclassmen who essentially don't play, they aren't all going to stick around

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:17 pm
by eepstein0
Felder looks like he would be a welcome addition. The small-ball PFs often work out quite well.

This 2019 class doesn't look very good on the overall.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:32 pm
by TobaccoRoadEagle
Corporal Funishment wrote:for the tenth time, look at the roster, there are going to be between 2 and 3 underclassmen who essentially don't play, they aren't all going to stick around

Image

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am
by BConway
Calvin Felder just committed to us. 247 composite has him as #201.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 am
by HJS
BConway wrote:Calvin Felder just committed to us. 247 composite has him as #201.

That is a damn solid pick-up. I will forever believe this team needs a big-bodied PF, but I am more than happy to take an athletic SF who plays around the rim and isn't afraid to drive.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:15 pm
by BConway
247 may have jumped the gun with the Felder commitment, they have now removed him as a committed player. They had that information up for a few hours but now its gone so no idea what that's about.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:19 pm
by TobaccoRoadEagle
did somebody call his dad fat?

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 am
by claver2010
BConway wrote:247 may have jumped the gun with the Felder commitment, they have now removed him as a committed player. They had that information up for a few hours but now its gone so no idea what that's about.


247 just reCONFIRMED his commitment

another spinelli grab

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 am
by Tom Dooder
At 6-foot-7 and 235 pounds, Felder is a hybrid small forward/power forward with the ability to change the game at Boston College. While he is rated as a high three star recruit, Felder is an enormous get for Boston College. According to sources close to the situation, the Boston College staff believes that Felder may be the most talented recruit they have landed while at Boston College.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:24 am
by BCSUPERFAN22

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:02 am
by HJS
I saw him originally listed at 187. Thats a pretty large discrepancy if he is now really 235. Regardless of weight, I just want to make sure his explosiveness and aggressiveness continues.

I like to look at classes as they relate to the one in front and behind them. BC's future roster looks like this:

G: Tabbs - 6'2"
G: Heath - 6'3"
G: Herren - 6'3"
G: Rishwain - 6'4"
F: Hamilton - 6'8"
F: Felder - 6'7"
F: Williams - 6'6"

Thats a lot of interchangeable guys running what would have to be a pressing/fastbreak style. I'd like to see a true Big here, but there at least seems to be plenty of talent.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:45 am
by BConway
HJS wrote:I saw him originally listed at 187. Thats a pretty large discrepancy if he is now really 235. Regardless of weight, I just want to make sure his explosiveness and aggressiveness continues.

I like to look at classes as they relate to the one in front and behind them. BC's future roster looks like this:

G: Tabbs - 6'2"
G: Heath - 6'3"
G: Herren - 6'3"
G: Rishwain - 6'4"
F: Hamilton - 6'8"
F: Felder - 6'7"
F: Williams - 6'6"

Thats a lot of interchangeable guys running what would have to be a pressing/fastbreak style. I'd like to see a true Big here, but there at least seems to be plenty of talent.


247 sometimes doesn't update weight in basketball and football I've noticed over the years, not sure why but in any case if he is 235 that's a good size for 6'7. In terms of talent I couldn't agree more, some of the best talent we have had. I'm also worried about not having a real 5 man in the pipeline at all. Also not having a true point could also be an issue. Maybe Tabbs or Heath can pull off a Bowman type situation and grow into the role.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:30 pm
by Corporal Funishment
He's clearly not 235 pounds

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:26 pm
by 2001Eagle
would be nice to have a high end, real PG recruit.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:33 pm
by BConway
Corporal Funishment wrote:He's clearly not 235 pounds

I was just watching a recent HL of his, he's had definitely grown but I'd guess he's about 215. He reminds me a lot of Montrez Harrell stylistically. He looks like he will add more weight/muscle.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm
by Corporal Funishment
Corporal Funishment wrote:I would just like to make it clear that I would rather attend a pig's wedding than attempt to sort through the dumpster that "certain" aliases have made of my user inbox. That is all


this is happening again and I'm unsure who's doing it

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:24 pm
by NJM89
Signing day is today im guessing everyone signed?

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 pm
by eepstein0
NJM89 wrote:Signing day is today im guessing everyone signed?


Considering we are loking at another huge rebuild square on the above is irrelevant.

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 am
by BC923
Everyone signed today

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:13 pm
by MF73-Eleazar
Besides Rishwain, who were the other signees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOq36cj_Hw