recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 am

Corporal Funishment wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:4* kid of Washington DC, signed for 2019 class, Jay Heath. Impressive get by the staff.



great addition. have to assume this means the offer to the upstate new York glue guy will be rescinded.


Lol no


I guess we unrescinded that offer because the glue guy off the bench is on campus, some buzz a decision for better or worse may be imminent following visit, I'm just the messenger


If a kid from upstate NY chose BC over Duke, Cuse and Michigan with the family connection I would be shocked.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15536
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -308

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:4* kid of Washington DC, signed for 2019 class, Jay Heath. Impressive get by the staff.



great addition. have to assume this means the offer to the upstate new York glue guy will be rescinded.


Lol no


I guess we unrescinded that offer because the glue guy off the bench is on campus, some buzz a decision for better or worse may be imminent following visit, I'm just the messenger


you're not good with sarcasm. or anything.


The moron who postulates we're going to abandon recruiting the guy who has been our top priority for over a year, playing at a position of high need, because we landed a significantly lower ranked player with a completely different skill set thinks I'm the one who's not good at this
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -467

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 pm

I just want to clarify that your position is that the Jimmer Freddette of Glens Falls is a significantly better player than Heath.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29956
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2400

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am

It's an inexact science, but Girard is certainly being recruited as if he's a better player than Heath. I hope they're both great
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -467

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:05 am

Corporal Funishment wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:4* kid of Washington DC, signed for 2019 class, Jay Heath. Impressive get by the staff.



great addition. have to assume this means the offer to the upstate new York glue guy will be rescinded.


Lol no


I guess we unrescinded that offer because the glue guy off the bench is on campus, some buzz a decision for better or worse may be imminent following visit, I'm just the messenger


you're not good with sarcasm. or anything.


The moron who postulates we're going to abandon recruiting the guy who has been our top priority for over a year, playing at a position of high need, because we landed a significantly lower ranked player with a completely different skill set thinks I'm the one who's not good at this


No you’re a fucking brain dead idiot because you still can’t grasp the fact that my post was mocking hepstein’s characterization of girard.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 502

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:47 pm

twballgame9 wrote:I just want to clarify that your position is that the Jimmer Freddette of Glens Falls is a significantly better player than Heath.


I’m obviously not out there watching the kid play every game. That is some really sketchy competition he’s playing in upstate NY.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15536
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -308

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:17 am

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:I just want to clarify that your position is that the Jimmer Freddette of Glens Falls is a significantly better player than Heath.


I’m obviously not out there watching the kid play every game. That is some really sketchy competition he’s playing in upstate NY.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/poststar.c ... a.amp.html

Girard was game mvp at the dyckman Park tourney recently.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 502

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Zach Freemantle from Bergen Catholic who had recently picked up a BC offer, committed to Xavier the other day on an OV.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby NJM89 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Top 75 player Marcus Watson (GA) taking an official this weekend.
Image
User avatar
NJM89
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm
Karma: 46

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:53 pm

BC made final 8 for Anthony Walker who is playing a PG year at Brewster. Final 8 include BC, Illinois, Miami, URI, Pitt, VCU, Kansas (no offer yet per rivals) and Maryland (no offer yet per rivals). He currently has visits scheduled to most of the 8 except BC, but being at Brewster for the last year, I would expect him to make an unofficial at some point.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/anthony-walker-211379#school-interests
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Per 247, Robbie Beran has official set up to BC for 9/29. Other OVs to GT and K-State prior to his BC visit.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby NJM89 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Kamari Willams taking a visit this weekend.
Image
User avatar
NJM89
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm
Karma: 46

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:58 pm

BC just offered Julian Rishwain, a 6'5 combo guard from Sherman Oaks, CA. Recently visited Witchita State

Not sure if this means BC is out on Girard (seemed it was looking like BC/Cuse for him)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 am

Christian is visiting Girard III today
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:07 am

I like to envision this board as a bunch of guys, sitting together in a room, frantically looking around at each other for some type of reassurance that we aren't really recruiting Joe Girard, right? RIGHT?!?
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -467

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:I like to envision this board as a bunch of guys, sitting together in a room, frantically looking around at each other for some type of reassurance that we aren't really recruiting Joe Girard, right? RIGHT?!?


As someone that's played in glens falls, fuck its football season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29956
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2400

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:52 pm

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Kamari Williams committed

https://twitter.com/slightworkmari/status/1042453760994422784


Looks like a great get. welcome to BC!

would like to see Girard and a C/PF in this class. Hearing that UM is no longer recruiting Girard.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 502

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Tom Dooder on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Not an overwhelming offer list for Kamari Williams. Maybe another Bowman/JRob under-recruited player? Spinelli was his recruiter and I trust him.
User avatar
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 am
Karma: 57

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Tom Dooder wrote:Not an overwhelming offer list for Kamari Williams. Maybe another Bowman/JRob under-recruited player? Spinelli was his recruiter and I trust him.



a bunch of successful mid majors on his offer sheet.

https://247sports.com/college/boston-college/Article/boston-college-basketball-kamari-williams-commits-walt-williams-son-dmv-122167770/
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 502

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Caber91 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 pm

A lot to like about Williams. Provides good size though he will have to get stronger. Definitely worth taking a chance on Walt Williams' son. One concern: His HS team does not play in a strong league. So, unlike Tabbs and Heath, who play in and against the WCAC, Williams will definitely need some time to adjust to the higher level of talent in the ACC.
Caber91
n00b
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Karma: 0

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:02 pm

This guy's a bit of a lottery ticket, but Spinelli gets the benefit of the doubt.

Quietly creeping up on us is the need for another 5.
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -467

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:This guy's a bit of a lottery ticket, but Spinelli gets the benefit of the doubt.

Quietly creeping up on us is the need for another 5.


They want the walker kid who is more of a strong 4.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 502

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm

I saw Williams at the Holy Cross game, he’s unbelievably thin, probably skinnier than Baker when he got to BC.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Walt Williams' get is an awesome get. Socks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29956
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2400

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby NJM89 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Robbie Beran visiting on the 28th as well. Would be a decent class if we land him and I think we would have one more scholly if Ky goes to the nba.
Image
User avatar
NJM89
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm
Karma: 46

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Tom Dooder on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Aren’t they banking an ‘18 scholarship now? Herren doesn’t count.
User avatar
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 am
Karma: 57

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 pm

The scholarship thing isn't a big deal, in the next year Bowman's probably gone and 1 or 2 guys will transfer due to normal attrition
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -467

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:13 pm

NJM89 wrote:Robbie Beran visiting on the 28th as well. Would be a decent class if we land him and I think we would have one more scholly if Ky goes to the nba.


I have no inside info, but from reading the Cuse bball board, they seem to think that its down to BC & Syracuse. I think it may be telling that he has waited this long and not pulled the trigger to Cuse already, but that is a pure guess (could also be that its football season and hes just waiting). FWIW, BC was the most recent OV he has taken and JC visited him within the last few weeks.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:44 pm

Looks like Robbie Beran has trimmed his list further, down to 4.

BC, GT, Northwestern and Virginia Tech
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 116

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests

Untitled document