recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:At this point it's very difficult to see Christian not coming back next year. I think we'd have to lose every game left

In fact, if we make the NIT I wouldn't be shocked to see an extension of a year or two

I don’t think I agree with this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:39 am

I expect Wilson or Baker to transfer next year. Not a whole a lot of playing time in the future with Tabbs and Hamilton taking over their positions next year for minutes plus the older brother will get more burn come conference time. Wouldn’t mind a true point guard in this class and things will be looking good for the next few years.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:44 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:I expect Wilson or Baker to transfer next year. Not a whole a lot of playing time in the future with Tabbs and Hamilton taking over their positions next year for minutes plus the older brother will get more burn come conference time. Wouldn’t mind a true point guard in this class and things will be looking good for the next few years.

I’m not sure what the staff saw in either of those 2. They look like they’ve never played the sport of basketball before
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 pm

I think it's premature to say that Baker or Wilson will transfer after the year. The team only goes about six deep right now, even adding two top of the rotation level players won't eliminate their chances of getting playing time. For both of them the amount of playing time will depend on their own development. As far as why they were recruited, Wilson clearly has the physical gifst to play on this level, he's incredibly strong for a guard and he has great quickness. Baker was probably given the benefit of the doubt because he has some decent skills for his height and the staff might have taken his dad's history of being a famous late bloomer physically.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:I think it's premature to say that Baker or Wilson will transfer after the year. The team only goes about six deep right now, even adding two top of the rotation level players won't eliminate their chances of getting playing time. For both of them the amount of playing time will depend on their own development. As far as why they were recruited, Wilson clearly has the physical gifst to play on this level, he's incredibly strong for a guard and he has great quickness. Baker was probably given the benefit of the doubt because he has some decent skills for his height and the staff might have taken his dad's history of being a famous late bloomer physically.

We can agree to disagree. Neither of these kids should be at an ACC school. I’ll remind you that we wrestled these kids away from Bryant and some directional Georgia school.

They did well on Luka and Mitchell.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Primetime on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Watching the game today, Baker shows flashes where you can see that he belongs at this level. Shooting motion and game are fluid, he just kind of disappears sometimes due to his lack of strength. If we were a deeper team, he would have redshirted. I can see him making big steps each year.

Contrast that with Wilson, who keeps his head down and makes terrible decisions with the ball - or INdecisions, pounding the rock at the top of the key standing in place for 20 seconds waiting for something to happen, like he did today. Please GTFOMAM.

Reyes looked OK in games earlier this year and seemed like he might be a reliable backup to Pop. But today he picked up 4 fouls in 5 mins and just didn't look good at all. The regression is very strange.

Figure next year is Bowman-Robinson-Hamilton-Mitchell-Popovic with Tabbs-Hamilton-Chatman-Baker-Kraljevic as the bench. Meznieks/Reyes/Wilson/Hawkins will sort themselves out.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Wilson is one of the worst players I've seen in a BC uniform, similar to that guy Gabe something that Don brought in. Baker has a decent shot and a famous dad, shouldn't play but worth a roster spot. I'm not so sure either will transfer because I'm not so sure either could do anything else. Plus if Baker gains 50 pounds he might become useful.

I do think Luka could be good. Obviously with the euros it takes a little bit more time to get them accustomed to the game, but I think there's quite a bit of potential there with him. Popovic still has some bad nights but he's light years ahead of where he was last year. With how hard it is to get an elite center, bringing in these projects and working on them isn't the worst strategy for a program like ours.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:22 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Wilson is one of the worst players I've seen in a BC uniform, similar to that guy Gabe something that Don brought in. Baker has a decent shot and a famous dad, shouldn't play but worth a roster spot. I'm not so sure either will transfer because I'm not so sure either could do anything else. Plus if Baker gains 50 pounds he might become useful.

I do think Luka could be good. Obviously with the euros it takes a little bit more time to get them accustomed to the game, but I think there's quite a bit of potential there with him. Popovic still has some bad nights but he's light years ahead of where he was last year. With how hard it is to get an elite center, bringing in these projects and working on them isn't the worst strategy for a program like ours.

I covered Gabe Moton in a pickup game recently. It didn’t go well.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 am

Apparently Jordy Tshimanga is leaving Nebraska. Held BC offer out of MacDuffie School and is from Canada.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Apparently Jordy Tshimanga is leaving Nebraska. Held BC offer out of MacDuffie School and is from Canada.

I’m not sure how many minutes he’d play, but I wouldn’t turn down more 6’11” kids.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:10 am

He started and played 25 min against us. However, day or 2 before these posts were made, Jordy announced that he was not transferring and would be returning to the Nebraska BB team.
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-baske ... 45fd9.html
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 pm

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Does Herren Sr., harbor a grudge or has be been re-embraced somehow?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No idea, just noticed the BC interest.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 pm

he still blames bc for getting him into the drugs so i assume he still holds a grudge
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:he still blames bc for getting him into the drugs so i assume he still holds a grudge

Herren blames everyone but himself for getting into drugs.

Glad he got clean and pulled himself together for his family, but this guy can fuck off into space.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think BC offered him, its more than just interest
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think BC offered him, its more than just interest

That would lend itself to assuming that they've patched things up somehow, but who knows.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:he still blames bc for getting him into the drugs so i assume he still holds a grudge

Glad he got clean and pulled himself together for his family, but this guy can fuck off into space.

That's a nice thing to say when we're supposedly recruiting his son.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:20 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

i bet you were the guy that always took back the girlfriend who cheated on you because she swore this was the last time it would happen

[img]nospace-grudge-baiting-while-alpha-mcstudly-bangs-his-lady[img]
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

i bet you were the guy that always took back the girlfriend who cheated on you because she swore this was the last time it would happen

Stop being rude. It is unbecoming, TRE (rhymes with RV(eee)).
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

you have to add a "/" to the second "[img]"
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

whatever. you probably take chris herren's side and agree that during his first week on campus that cocaine and heroin were in the closet making babies and chris herren saw one of the babies and the baby forced cocaine up chris herren's nose.

you probably also believe that jay murphy had nothing to do with point shaving and only had trouble with grades because his professors were really hard on him and gave him bad grades because they were jealous of his basketballmanship and long, thick, glistening, veiny weener
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:52 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

[img]nospace-grudge-baiting-while-alpha-mcstudly-bangs-his-lady[/img]

you have to add a "/" to the second "[img]"

it doesn't matter. huang is too busy calling people rude to fix all his photobucket ms paint images for the link to work anyway
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

whatever. you probably take chris herren's side and agree that during his first week on campus that cocaine and heroin were in the closet making babies and chris herren saw one of the babies and the baby forced cocaine up chris herren's nose.

you probably also believe that jay murphy had nothing to do with point shaving and only had trouble with grades because his professors were really hard on him and gave him bad grades because they were jealous of his basketballmanship and long, thick, glistening, veiny weener

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:13 am

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Hamilton has joined the program per the basketball team's twitter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:28 am

I think this conversation was being had on the last page, but why are all these publications saying this is our first top 100 recruit since Craig Smith? Wasn't Ryan Anderson top 100? I think ESPN had him in the 90's. There was Sanders, Southern, Jackson too?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:59 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I think this conversation was being had on the last page, but why are all these publications saying this is our first top 100 recruit since Craig Smith? Wasn't Ryan Anderson top 100? I think ESPN had him in the 90's. There was Sanders, Southern, Jackson too?

Hoff initially posted this on hockeyrection and then others rolled with it. Hoff was corrected that there were other top 100 players like you mentioned since Craig Smith and Hoff then clarified that Hamilton is the only consensus Top 100 since then. That might be true not sure. Regardless still a great job recruiting by the staff.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum