recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby ILikeBC on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:50 am

2nd place for McDuffie would still be a huge moral victory.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:54 am

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:Wait, are you telling me a MAC coach that has never won an NCAA Tourney game is having trouble closing out elite recruits?!?!? When will BC finally learn that you get what you pay for.

He's already closed out two recruits that are ranked higher than McDuffie in Diallo and Turner.
Imagine having a guy like Howland or Pearl at the helm with Spinelli and Murphy doing the dirty work.
Maybe BC will put it all together one day and realize that you can hire an elite HC and that elite HC can hire elite recruiters.
BC is on the cheap.
Still have to give JC his time and see how it all unfolds.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:56 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:2nd place for McDuffie would still be a huge moral victory.

How do we even know that BC lost out to Wichita State? Sounds like it was Wichita State, SMU, VCU, and BC in that order. BC swooped in late.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:01 pm

BTW, the staff put all of their eggs in one basket, and there's no backup plan for Sharma and McDuffie.
Smart plan by the $1 million dollar plus HC and his two $500K assistants.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby Iggle on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:02 pm

i care less about losing mcduffie than I do the pants on head retarded way they iced out another good player and then struck out twice. you don't need to know shit about recruiting to know that's fucking awful
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:41 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:BTW, the staff put all of their eggs in one basket, and there's no backup plan for Sharma and McDuffie.
Smart plan by the $1 million dollar plus HC and his two $500K assistants.

This shit is so fucking funny. We told Falzone to go screw because we liked McDuffie better and to get a better in with Sharma's AAU coach... and then we landed neither. Fucking. Clown. Shoes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:09 pm

holy fucking clown shoes, I knew that was going to happen as soon as we told Falzon to screw. Jim "C as in Clownshoes" Christian
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Everyone did this same thing when Addazio first got here and whiffed on his first 5 recruits. Now he's the best coach we've had in 10 years.

Why don't we just relax and give it some time before pushing the panic button before he coaches a single game. Act like you've been there
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:11 pm

1. I've already said I'm not sold on adaziani yet
2. i don't think many people on this board would say he's the best coach we've had in the last decade
3. i think very few people had concerns about adazianis recruiting as a whole
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:02 pm

This guy makes me look smarter and smarter every day.

Again, on to Plan C.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Are you guys really this ignorant? How can you expect a coach who has been recruiting a guy for a few months to beat out schools who have been on him for years?
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby Boston College 8 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:13 pm

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:Are you guys really this ignorant? How can you expect a coach who has been recruiting a guy for a few months to beat out schools who have been on him for years?

this.
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby Boston College 8 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:15 pm

j brooks is right, you guys need to calm down, or even more just stop posting. if you want to be mad we stopped recruiting falzon then ok but he's done a good job so far. he got diallo who was a big time player.

if the 2016 and 2017 class is weak then you can, but until then just stop
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:Are you guys really this ignorant? How can you expect a coach who has been recruiting a guy for a few months to beat out schools who have been on him for years?

this.

Judging from the combined 43 posts from the you guys, you havent been here long enough to be jaded. I am happy to give JC 2 seasons to bring in recruits and I am dying to see how he coaches in games. If he teaches ANY defense we will win a few more games.

JC is bearing the brunt of years of shitty decisions by BC being cheap and DeFilippo being the stupidest AD in the country for his last few years.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:29 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

Judging from the combined 43 posts from the you guys, you havent been here long enough to be jaded. I am happy to give JC 2 seasons to bring in recruits and I am dying to see how he coaches in games. If he teaches ANY defense we will win a few more games.

JC is bearing the brunt of years of shitty decisions by BC being cheap and DeFilippo being the stupidest AD in the country for his last few years.

I've been a reader for a few years now. Don't post much because the topic never stays on basketball very long.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby lobstalova on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:49 pm

this.

agreed.

This is a ridiculous persecution of a guy who has been here for 6 months. And the worst part about it is that for the next two years every time we lose a game or lose out on a recruit it's gonna be "I told you so" but they won't say jack if we win.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:53 pm

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

I've been a reader for a few years now. Don't post much because the topic never stays on basketball very long.

has there been much to post about related to basketball in the last couple years, jacob dylan?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:49 am

What's the plan now, anyone know? Is it find a different 2015 forward or will they go after poaching a decommit/fill gaps with transfers and then go after 2016 PFs?
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:41 am

is there a murphy whos a 2015?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 am

actually ive been extremely complementary of adaziani and i hated the hire.

i think i speak for most of us when i say were more than happy to admit when were wrong, were just usually right.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:20 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

Well... the good thing about Christian is that if he sucks over the next 2 years he will quickly scamper back to whatever MAC job opens up that year to stay ahead of the firing squad.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:36 am

Are there any seniors left at Brighton High who haven't committed yet?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 am

Seriously fuck Jim Christian.

I'm not watching a single game until he is fired.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Seriously fuck Jim Christian.

I'm not watching a single game until he is fired.

hey huang - where do we send our application for the indianapolis schooner?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:38 pm

lobstalova {l Wrote}:

this.

agreed.

This is a ridiculous persecution of a guy who has been here for 6 months. And the worst part about it is that for the next two years every time we lose a game or lose out on a recruit it's gonna be "I told you so" but they won't say jack if we win.

I might agree with you guys if there was a reason to give a shit about BC hoop.

For the record, Militant's attempt to compare JC to Daz is weak. By this point in Daz's cycle he had already landed Outlow and Strachan.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:43 pm

I don't get the hate towards Christian. Hate Bates for the hire, but Christian is just a guy that interviewed for a job at a higher level and (somehow) got it.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:49 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:I don't get the hate towards Christian. Hate Bates for the hire, but Christian is just a guy that interviewed for a job at a higher level and (somehow) got it.

i view it as hating christian for being paid a sum that he is not earning.

that said, do we have confirmation as to what place we finished for mcduffie or sharma? if we were second or maybe even third... it might make me feel better about the hire :bullshit :clownshoes :piss
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I don't get the hate towards Christian. Hate Bates for the hire, but Christian is just a guy that interviewed for a job at a higher level and (somehow) got it.

i view it as hating christian for being paid a sum that he is not earning.

Sure, but if someone offers me more than I'm worth, I'm still going to take it. It's the fault of whoever is signing the checks/hired me.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:

this.

agreed.

For the record, Militant's attempt to compare JC to Daz is weak. By this point in Daz's cycle he had already landed Outlow and Strachan.

There is less competition for recruits in football. 120 Div 1 football programs (about 60 in power 5) vs. over 300 in Div 1 basketball. Also, while fan support for BC football isn't great, basketball is a complete disaster. It is the third sport on campus. BC football is simply an easier sell than BC basketball. That being said, Christian has already landed Diallo, Turner (offers from Stanford, Iowa St. and Arizona St.) and Milon (offers from FSU and Stanford).
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:10 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:

this.

agreed.

There is less competition for recruits in football. 120 Div 1 football programs (about 60 in pwer 5) vs. over 300 in Div 1 basketball. Also, while fan support for BC football isn't great, basketball is a complete disaster. It is the third sport on campus. BC football is simply an easier sell than BC basketball. That being said, Christian has already landed Diallo, Turner (offers from Stanford, Iowa St. and Arizona St.) and Milon (offers from FSU and Standford).

BC football is an easier sell because its simply a better program. There's 1/3 less teams in football, but there are 8 times the roster spots to fill. 330 D1 hoop programs x 3 annual recruits is 990 scholarship athletes. 120 D1 football programs x 21 annual players is 2520 scholarship athletes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum