recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:46 pm

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Wilson committed per the twitter machine.

I wish JC wouldn't do this...we beat out illustrious basketball schools like VMI, Charleston Southern and Tennessee Chattanooga for his services.

Lobbing out offers to kids who should be nowhere near an ACC Basketball court only further does long term damage to this program.

I'm glad you disapprove. We saw what happened last time you called a converted football PG "bad" or not acc level. :lol:

Bowman still isn't a PG, no matter how much the staff or you want him to be.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Offer out to Wilson. He looks good on tape does he play in the boonies in GA or something and doesnt get noticed? 6-4 220 and can leap.

He's a football player similar to Bowman and no he doesn't play in the middle of nowhere.

It still doesn't explain what he's doing on an ACC roster

You were the one who said Graves was going to be all freshman team and Bowman should have stuck with football

How about a little humility before you trash the kid

I've been right way more often than the current coaching staff.

And I'm not trashing the kid. I'm tired of BC putting these kids in an awful position.

This is my one problem with complaining about this commit. On the surface it's obv not ideal, but every time a G's name is floated on here (either a 5th year or decommit) all we hear about is "why would a good PG/SG come here now". If we're assuming a G wth a resume won't come here because of Bowman/Robinson,what type of profile are we looking for (if this kids offer resume is insufficient). Wouldn't having some stability at a certain position give some leeway and the potential to find someone a bit under recruited ?

I feel like this was the strategy taking Sagay while previously having Turner on the roster (idk if that's perfect comparison) but giving him time to develop and possibly having some upside while not having to rely on them in the near term.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:35 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Offer out to Wilson. He looks good on tape does he play in the boonies in GA or something and doesnt get noticed? 6-4 220 and can leap.

He's a football player similar to Bowman and no he doesn't play in the middle of nowhere.

You were the one who said Graves was going to be all freshman team and Bowman should have stuck with football

And I'm not trashing the kid. I'm tired of BC putting these kids in an awful position.

This is my one problem with complaining about this commit. On the surface it's obv not ideal, but every time a G's name is floated on here (either a 5th year or decommit) all we hear about is "why would a good PG/SG come here now". If we're assuming a G wth a resume won't come here because of Bowman/Robinson,what type of profile are we looking for (if this kids offer resume is insufficient). Wouldn't having some stability at a certain position give some leeway and the potential to find someone a bit under recruited ?

I feel like this was the strategy taking Sagay while previously having Turner on the roster (idk if that's perfect comparison) but giving him time to develop and possibly having some upside while not having to rely on them in the near term.

This roster is just littered with problems. Let's just pretend this kid can give BC 10 effective minutes a night to prevent Bowman from playing 40 a night.

- You can't start Chatman (no matter how much the staff wants to). He cannot cover SFs in the ACC. He doesn't cover guards very well either. He's fine for 20 minutes a night off the bench, but not in his current role
- There is no starting caliber wing on the entire roster
- There is no PF on this roster

This is embarrassing that in Year 4 we're throwing offers out to complete fliers and need an additional 4 players to field even a reasonable roster.

Next year is going to turn into Bowman and Robinson going complete Chuck and Duck, and about 23 losses with scores of 95-82.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I wish JC wouldn't do this...we beat out illustrious basketball schools like VMI, Charleston Southern and Tennessee Chattanooga for his services.

Lobbing out offers to kids who should be nowhere near an ACC Basketball court only further does long term damage to this program.

I'm glad you disapprove. We saw what happened last time you called a converted football PG "bad" or not acc level. :lol:

Yeah they won a couple of game. Pat yourself on the back 2 and 16 is a definite improvement.

Too bad I didn't mention the team as a whole so your comment is pretty stupid.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:21 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This roster is just littered with problems. Let's just pretend this kid can give BC 10 effective minutes a night to prevent Bowman from playing 40 a night.

- You can't start Chatman (no matter how much the staff wants to). He cannot cover SFs in the ACC. He doesn't cover guards very well either. He's fine for 20 minutes a night off the bench, but not in his current role

This is embarrassing that in Year 4 we're throwing offers out to complete fliers and need an additional 4 players to field even a reasonable roster.

Next year is going to turn into Bowman and Robinson going complete Chuck and Duck, and about 23 losses with scores of 95-82.

I don't disagree with you at all, my only question was in re: to the type of profile guy that should be targeted right now at either of the guard spots when the narrative is no recruit with reasonable offers will come here because of PT behind Bowman/Robinson. While this kid doesn't have a great offer list, what should we reasonably expect when playing time will be limited ? We already saw what happened with someone like Graves (who had a decent offer sheet) and how he reacted. Should we expect the staff to be landing kids with Big East offers under the current guard situation ? What is the profile ?

I completely agree with you that over the 4 year cumulative recruiting results this is embarrassing. While Addazio has his faults, you can at least make a case that over a 4 year time frame, he has recruited competitive top-line/starting talent (maybe just not the depth that we would hope for or that is more developmental). Christian is year 4 and is effectively starting over, just as he did in year 3
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:21 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't disagree with you at all, my only question was in re: to the type of profile guy that should be targeted right now at either of the guard spots when the narrative is no recruit with reasonable offers will come here because of PT behind Bowman/Robinson. While this kid doesn't have a great offer list, what should we reasonably expect when playing time will be limited ? We already saw what happened with someone like Graves (who had a decent offer sheet) and how he reacted. Should we expect the staff to be landing kids with Big East offers under the current guard situation ? What is the profile ?

I completely agree with you that over the 4 year cumulative recruiting results this is embarrassing. While Addazio has his faults, you can at least make a case that over a 4 year time frame, he has recruited competitive top-line/starting talent (maybe just not the depth that we would hope for or that is more developmental). Christian is year 4 and is effectively starting over, just as he did in year 3

You're over-complicating this...is the kid an ACC player or not?

Graves is also a bad example. No one knew the kid and his Dad could possibly be that stupid
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:47 pm

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Yeah they won a couple of game. Pat yourself on the back 2 and 16 is a definite improvement.

Too bad I didn't mention the team as a whole so your comment is pretty stupid.

Yeah just the overrated player of the moment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're over-complicating this...is the kid an ACC player or not?

And my point is that nobody knows until we see him play, least of all you
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're over-complicating this...is the kid an ACC player or not?

The 14 other coaches in the ACC apparently agree with me.

This discussion is irrelevant anyway because this idiot is getting fired next March
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:41 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This discussion is irrelevant anyway because this idiot is getting fired next March

Why do we have to wait until March? There has got to be a couple of very good coaches available right now.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:47 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Why do we have to wait until March? There has got to be a couple of very good coaches available right now.

because jarmond tamzarian indicated that he does not plan to replace any coaches for their first 12 respective season. or maybe it was leahy that made that statement... either way, that's been the school's position.

so, in my mind, the countdown is on for both t.s. slaughter and jimmy mac. i wish shocker was still around so that he could configure a countdown clock on the main index page for each failure of a coach
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:21 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

because jarmond tamzarian indicated that he does not plan to replace any coaches for their first 12 respective season. or maybe it was leahy that made that statement... either way, that's been the school's position.

so, in my mind, the countdown is on for both t.s. slaughter and jimmy mac. i wish shocker was still around so that he could configure a countdown clock on the main index page for each failure of a coach

Daz will still be here. JC should probably find a good real-estate agent
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:32 am

tamzarian seems to like winning more than losing and the heinz hammer seems to be allergic to that sort of output so... i don't know that i agree with you (and not just because i don't want to look at his stupid fucking face screaming "FUCK YOU" on the sidelines any longer)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:40 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:(and not just because i don't want to look at his stupid fucking face screaming "FUCK YOU" on the sidelines any longer)

How about "mother fucker"? Is that ok?

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 am

that's why vince had to throw him out of the big leagues. he couldn't control his mouth during promos.

he and the iron sheik used to get pretty heated
it's no surprise that the man behind each of their personas was not far from the real man
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 am

http://thecrescentbuzz.com/?p=4827

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Looks like he's a scorer, let's hope he doesn't commit a lot of turnovers.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Looking forward to following how he fares in our Sports Management program.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:05 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:

It's actually amazing how often in both football and basketball new recruits say stuff like this.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:40 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:

It's actually amazing how often in both football and basketball new recruits say stuff like this.

It's not really and it explains the massive amount of players we've had transfer out of this program.

BC establishes relationships with these kids at the last second, most of the time it's not a good fit and the kid doesn't really know what he's getting into, then they leave when either they can't hack it in the ACC or BC is totally different than they thought it was.

See Diallo, SBT and Graves to some extent. Graves might not be a great example but the other 2 were last second dart throws by the staff because the kid popped onto the market.

It's reason #10,000 this staff sucks at recruiting and why the team chemistry is such a clown car sometimes
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Dead man walking also missed on Ondigo (Texas Tech) but offered JayZs nephew who was a Dayton commit for 2017.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Dead man walking also missed on Ondigo (Texas Tech) but offered JayZs nephew who was a Dayton commit for 2017.

the flyers are a much better program than bc right now. 4 at-large bids in the last 4 years with an elite eight and sweet sixteen in that run?

this is like shitting on a recruit (or coach) from creighton. actually, it's worse (unless you are talking about rape, maurice watson). it's just lazy, even for you micro-platinum
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:

It's not really and it explains the massive amount of players we've had transfer out of this program.

BC establishes relationships with these kids at the last second, most of the time it's not a good fit and the kid doesn't really know what he's getting into, then they leave when either they can't hack it in the ACC or BC is totally different than they thought it was.

See Diallo, SBT and Graves to some extent. Graves might not be a great example but the other 2 were last second dart throws by the staff because the kid popped onto the market.

It's reason #10,000 this staff sucks at recruiting and why the team chemistry is such a clown car sometimes

I let Martin Jarmond know.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Dead man walking also missed on Ondigo (Texas Tech) but offered JayZs nephew who was a Dayton commit for 2017.

the flyers are a much better program than bc right now. 4 at-large bids in the last 4 years with an elite eight and sweet sixteen in that run?

this is like shitting on a recruit (or coach) from creighton. actually, it's worse (unless you are talking about rape, maurice watson). it's just lazy, even for you micro-platinum

I have no problem with the Dayton commit, he's a high D1 player evidence by the fact Indiana and GTown would like him to reclassify to 2018.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Mark Smith to Illinois. Another whiff by Christian.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Mark Smith to Illinois. Another whiff by Christian.

I wouldn't call that a whiff. Kid blew up. Staying in-state at a program with a well regarded new head coach desperately in need of keeping local talent home, something Groce couldn't do for shit, isn't a whiff.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Mark Smith to Illinois. Another whiff by Christian.

After the devastating whiffs on Michael Porter Jr and DeAnde Ayton, no less

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:55 pm

Huge commitment today. Congrats to JC and the staff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTc33oMjyd_/
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Huge commitment today. Congrats to JC and the staff.

This isn't real right? Or he's a walk on correct?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Huge commitment today. Congrats to JC and the staff.

This isn't real right? Or he's a walk on correct?

This is a total shitshow. I disliked the Jim Christian hire from the start, but he has managed to underperform every low expectation I had of him. Honestly, I don't even think his recruiting would be considered good if he got these same guys at Ohio. It's like he doesn't even care anymore.

I supported the Skinner firing at the time it happened, but Donahue then was easily worse making us wish we still had Skinner. Then comes Jim Christian who has somehow managed to be worse than Donahue.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum