recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:52 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:An 18 year old with an attitude issue in an 0-18 season? No fucking shit dude, if you don't have an attitude about losing that much at such a young age, you definitely came here on a raft and I'd like to see your birth certificate or you are a submissive waste of a roster spot with low T

Telling your coach to screw off and walking away from a team huddle isn't good.

I have no problem with them jettisoning SBT off at all. I understand the talent, but we're going to absolutely blow next year so spare me introducing chemistry problems along with being awful.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:01 pm

screw you eepstein, we're going to be awesome next year. mrs Mac told us so
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby longdistanceeagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:04 pm

It wasn't just basketball with SBT; it was every aspect of being in college. He missed classes, study halls, lied to everyone, and basically pissed off anybody involved with the overall responsibilities of a college athlete. The staff actually thought as a player he would have helped, but he just continued to make it impossible to keep him around. He was told he was gone. They figure he will have to go the junior college route.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:An 18 year old with an attitude issue in an 0-18 season? No fucking shit dude, if you don't have an attitude about losing that much at such a young age, you definitely came here on a raft and I'd like to see your birth certificate or you are a submissive waste of a roster spot with low T

I have no problem with them jettisoning SBT off at all. I understand the talent, but we're going to absolutely blow next year so spare me introducing chemistry problems along with being awful.

Jesus shut the fuck up. They recruited him,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:03 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:It wasn't just basketball with SBT; it was every aspect of being in college. He missed classes, study halls, lied to everyone, and basically pissed off anybody involved with the overall responsibilities of a college athlete. The staff actually thought as a player he would have helped, but he just continued to make it impossible to keep him around. He was told he was gone. They figure he will have to go the junior college route.

So basically you are the SBT of posting. Seriously shut the fuck up you are a moron and I know you are on the staff
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 pm

And PS anyone that tells this fucking terrible coach to screw in the huddle should get a fucking graduate degree on the spot
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby lobstalova on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:18 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Bowman is the most interesting incoming freshman IMO. Graves might be good.

The Western Michigan transfer might be OK.

Agreed, both Bowman and Graves will contribute, but in terms of immediate impact, Bowman is the guy. He attacks the rim in a way we haven't seen since Reggie was here.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:04 pm

TW, despite your three consecutive posts making the same point, you are wrong.

SBT had potential as a basketball player, but he was never going to be good enough to carry the team. If he's going to tell everyone (not just the coach) to fuck off, he's not helping the situation.

To be clear, I don't like JC. I think he sucks as a recruiter and has no idea what it takes to be good in the ACC. On that note, I am fully expecting his 5th year "center" to be an awkward 6'8" white guy. But of all the things to criticize JC on, SBT leaving isn't one of them.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And PS anyone that tells this fucking terrible coach to screw in the huddle should get a fucking graduate degree on the spot

exalt
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:20 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:TW, despite your three consecutive posts making the same point, you are wrong.

SBT had potential as a basketball player, but he was never going to be good enough to carry the team. If he's going to tell everyone (not just the coach) to fuck off, he's not helping the situation.

To be clear, I don't like JC. I think he sucks as a recruiter and has no idea what it takes to be good in the ACC. On that note, I am fully expecting his 5th year "center" to be an awkward 6'8" white guy. But of all the things to criticize JC on, SBT leaving isn't one of them.

I read teddy's comments as "jimmy Mac is so awful, even hot head 18 year old recognize it"

basically it's like prisoners at gitmo saying "anyone else notice how terrible it is here? fuck you usa"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 am

Some of you nutcases seem to have deep seated psychoses that are inexplicably triggered by lde's posts...
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:58 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:TW, despite your three consecutive posts making the same point, you are wrong.

I read teddy's comments as "jimmy Mac is so awful, even hot head 18 year old recognize it"

basically it's like prisoners at gitmo saying "anyone else notice how terrible it is here? fuck you usa"

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:58 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Some of you nutcases seem to have deep seated psychoses that are inexplicably triggered by lde's posts...

It's this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Again, if we're going to be horrible and I'm going to sit there with 500 other people, spare me the chemistry issues.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:04 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Some of you nutcases seem to have deep seated psychoses that are inexplicably triggered by lde's posts...

It's this.

blame it on the zero conference wins, Freud.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:17 am

that's what i dont get:

-SBT had "character issues" - who brought him in?
-Carter was the biggest failure this program has seen in the decade i've closely followed it - who brought him in?
-Diallo was whatever you wanna call it - struggling in school, who cares - who brought him in?

And as he jettisons them, he somehow gets a pass because we now lack depth.

i dont freak out by lde. he clearly is a poster who is either on the staff or extremely close to it. He'd be better off appealing to 18 year olds and figuring out which ones are the right "fit" rather than the 20 people here who still give a fuck about basketball. there's extremely little at this point jimmy mac could do to not make me want to get rid of him asap.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:19 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Again, if we're going to be horrible and I'm going to sit there with 500 other people, spare me the chemistry issues.

I'm actually not in the anti-Christian camp, yet. I just get tired of hearing all the bullshit excuses and promises. So far, the guy has been an epic failure, and it just keeps getting worse. Losing one of your three talented players is a bad development any way you cut it, and no matter what kind of headcase he turned out to be. Then to hear some hoops weirdo talking complete bullshit about how he wasn't an ACC level contributor anyway and that it is actually good to only have 2 guys that can play and no bigs because roster balance, followed by a report of an unknown 5th year 5'11" power forward out of Western Dakota that might sign in October, is enough to make me turn on the guy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:44 am

in fairness, shitting on someone the minute they announce their transfer/expulsion/early departure from the school is pretty much the norm around here.

i think only luke escaped this phenomenon.

addition by subtraction, cancer in the huddle, morale killer, not an acc level talent, fat boy, lazy ass, etc.

at this point, the only thing worth looking forward to is whether the magical mystery tour 5th year is going to be an undersized lump or a player ostracized from his team for his terrible attitude. vegas currently has both options at -110 so i'd say it's too close to call.

and, let it be known that this post is predicated completely on the fact that lde posted something and has nothing to do with the history that's proven its accuracy and therefore most likely outcome for the future
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby CorporalFunishment on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in fairness, shitting on someone the minute they announce their transfer/expulsion/early departure from the school is pretty much the norm around here.

i think only luke escaped this phenomenon.

addition by subtraction, cancer in the huddle, morale killer, not an acc level talent, fat boy, lazy ass, etc.

at this point, the only thing worth looking forward to is whether the magical mystery tour 5th year is going to be an undersized lump or a player ostracized from his team for his terrible attitude. vegas currently has both options at -110 so i'd say it's too close to call.

and, let it be known that this post is predicated completely on the fact that lde posted something and has nothing to do with the history that's proven its accuracy and therefore most likely outcome for the future

This is what I am talking about. Completely irrational assumptions based on nothing that has happened prior to now.
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
CorporalFunishment
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:48 am

Chemistry problems are the coach's fault.

:chewbanka
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:48 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Chemistry problems are the coach's fault.

:chewbanka

wait, sbt was failing chemistry? wtf was he doing taking chemistry?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:58 am

I've said all along his attitude was a disaster. It's also 100% on JC for bringing in these kids who either suck at basketball, have awful attitudes or can't cut it in the classroom.

As someone who drags to Conte 45 minutes each way for 9 pm games with about 500 other people there, I can do without SBTs shitty attitude. It's painful enough to watch already.

Losing these guys sucks, but he knew the risks with SBT along with Diallo. It wasn't exactly a secret
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:00 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:that's what i dont get:

-Carter was the biggest failure this program has seen in the decade i've closely followed it - who brought him in?
-Diallo was whatever you wanna call it - struggling in school, who cares - who brought him in?

i dont freak out by lde. he clearly is a poster who is either on the staff or extremely close to it. He'd be better off appealing to 18 year olds and figuring out which ones are the right "fit" rather than the 20 people here who still give a fuck about basketball. there's extremely little at this point jimmy mac could do to not make me want to get rid of him asap.

The get rid of him argument is kind of silly. What coach wants to come here for $950K and get destroyed in the ACC.

I've said this for years now, barring some structural change this situation is hopeless
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:01 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The get rid of him argument is kind of silly. What coach wants to come here for $950K and get destroyed in the ACC.

I've said this for years now, barring some structural change this situation is hopeless

It is certainly not 0-18 hopeless. That's the nub.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:08 am

Want to know the saddest thing about all of this? The predictable celebration following the first conference win in almost two years. It will be like they won the seventh game of the Super Bowl.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:09 am

TW, your rant was good and you should feel good about it.

Jimmy Mac is whiffing on recruits and transfers at an unsustainable rate.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:12 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Want to know the saddest thing about all of this? The predictable celebration following the first conference win in almost two years. It will be like they won the seventh game of the Super Bowl.

in new orleans while hurricane sandy floats dead bodies outside chris berman's hotel room
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:14 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:TW, your rant was good and you should feel good about it.

Jimmy Mac is whiffing on recruits and transfers at an unsustainable rate.

remember when we used to make fun of good news coming out of houston? it's sad because even though we made fun, there was still some sliver of hope that there might actually be good news coming out of houston. at this point, no one (other than maybe glace and lde) would consider there is any good news coming out of anywhere... but especially houston
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It is certainly not 0-18 hopeless. That's the nub.

Valid point.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:17 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Want to know the saddest thing about all of this? The predictable celebration following the first conference win in almost two years. It will be like they won the seventh game of the Super Bowl.

in new orleans while hurricane sandy floats dead bodies outside chris berman's hotel room

I hate Chris Berman. I have had the unfortunate opportunity to be in his presence a few times, and each time I have the urge to hit his fat head with a baseball bat to see if it explodes like an arabian piñata. He's a jerk and a poopstain on society.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum