recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:And to address the quoted comment I'm pretty sure tommy amaker (Ivy League coach) didn't want to come here. We offered and he said no.

Erroneous.

Bates offered Amaker an interview. Amaker responded that his resume spoke for itself and he shouldn't have to interview for the BC job. Bates refused to offer Amaker the job without an interview. Amaker went to the press and said he wasn't going to coach at BC. This is how it actually went down.

This. Not to mention there were a few others who openly expressed interest in the job as well as some rumored to have been interested. It is just plain stupid to say that no one wants to be the BC basketball coach so therefore be happy with Mr. .500.

If I recall correctly, Amaker was OK with interviewing... just that he didn't want to be a part of a process where BC interviewed a bunch of different coaches and then picked one (basically, use the interview as nothing more than the final step in the process... not the first). Essentially, Amaker wanted BC to run the search they way most major programs run their searches... identify your top 2 or 3 candidates. Find out who is interested. Hire them. If that doesn't work out, run through the dog-and-pony show of a nationwide search of mid-major guys. Amaker simply didn't want to be a part of the dog-and-pony show.

I'm glad we didn't hire Tommy Amaker.

Me too. He's not good at the coaching part of the job. Recruiting, he's a wiz

We said the same about Dazoo. I would not have minded living with good recruiting classes and then seeing if Tommy's coaching has gotten any better. While I was lukewarm about Tommy, I think a strong argument could be made that hiring Amaker would have been better than what we ended up with.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:37 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:And to address the quoted comment I'm pretty sure tommy amaker (Ivy League coach) didn't want to come here. We offered and he said no.

Erroneous.

Bates offered Amaker an interview. Amaker responded that his resume spoke for itself and he shouldn't have to interview for the BC job. Bates refused to offer Amaker the job without an interview. Amaker went to the press and said he wasn't going to coach at BC. This is how it actually went down.

This. Not to mention there were a few others who openly expressed interest in the job as well as some rumored to have been interested. It is just plain stupid to say that no one wants to be the BC basketball coach so therefore be happy with Mr. .500.

If I recall correctly, Amaker was OK with interviewing... just that he didn't want to be a part of a process where BC interviewed a bunch of different coaches and then picked one (basically, use the interview as nothing more than the final step in the process... not the first). Essentially, Amaker wanted BC to run the search they way most major programs run their searches... identify your top 2 or 3 candidates. Find out who is interested. Hire them. If that doesn't work out, run through the dog-and-pony show of a nationwide search of mid-major guys. Amaker simply didn't want to be a part of the dog-and-pony show.

I'm glad we didn't hire Tommy Amaker.

Me too. He's not good at the coaching part of the job. Recruiting, he's a wiz

We said the same about Dazoo. I would not have minded living with good recruiting classes and then seeing if Tommy's coaching has gotten any better. While I was lukewarm about Tommy, I think a strong argument could be made that hiring Amaker would have been better than what we ended up with.

I didn't know if Addazio could coach. I heard rumors from mouthbreathing UF fans, but that means dick. I've seen Amaker coach.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:12 pm

those who i know on the board know this, and now time has elapsed so i dont really care as before where i didnt wanna blow it...but a certain coach 312 miles to the south had his bags packed to come up here and we didnt pony up the money (amist a couple other minor issues as well)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:18 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:those who i know on the board know this, and now time has elapsed so i dont really care as before where i didnt wanna blow it...but a certain coach 312 miles to the south had his bags packed to come up here and we didnt pony up the money (amist a couple other minor issues as well)

312 by the Saw Mill or the Hutch?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:22 pm

hutch no question.

feel like ma's needs a traffic thread
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 pm

I feel like everyone in this thread is beating off, but for a bunch of different reasons.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:55 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:hutch no question.

i would think tappan zee to 684 to 84

also - were tolls the other minor issue?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:hutch no question.

i would think tappan zee to 684 to 84

also - were tolls the other minor issue?

This. Although, Garden State Fucking Parkway. Other option, Palisades. Neither good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:those who i know on the board know this, and now time has elapsed so i dont really care as before where i didnt wanna blow it...but a certain coach 312 miles to the south had his bags packed to come up here and we didnt pony up the money (amist a couple other minor issues as well)

Honestly, if that is true and they didnt pony up, it would go down as one of the stupidest things BC ever did and there was a lot.

I am sure if you went to certain donors and asked them, they could have made it happen. I would have earmarked my entire donation for Basketball instead of football or hockey, the way it is now just to get him.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:19 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Honestly, if that is true and they didnt pony up, it would go down as one of the stupidest things BC ever did and there was a lot.

I am sure if you went to certain donors and asked them, they could have made it happen. I would have earmarked my entire donation for Basketball instead of football or hockey, the way it is now just to get him.

For the record, my continued prediction that he was coming here during the process was completely intended just to fuck with everyone. It accidentally turned out to have legs. Short, stumpy ones, but legs nonetheless.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:23 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I never wind up getting specifics as to why it fell apart, but at one point I had heard that it was on Bates. I read it as the money was there for the head coach, but was light on the assistant front (but the BOT would have likely approved a modest bump if that is what it took... but they were never given that option). Whatever the issue... it was a total effing failure and why BC deserves what it ended it up with.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I never wind up getting specifics as to why it fell apart, but at one point I had heard that it was on Bates. I read it as the money was there for the head coach, but was light on the assistant front (but the BOT would have likely approved a modest bump if that is what it took... but they were never given that option). Whatever the issue... it was a total effing failure and why BC deserves what it ended it up with.

Sources tell me the above post is not true.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:31 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

My sources didn't tell me anything, but I definitely do not believe this.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

is your source what mo'j predicted at the time?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:41 pm

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
Yeah that was a caveat I forgot to mention (the quantity of players thing) , but if we are comparing addazio to a guy who hasn't coached a game thus we haven't seen any of his players play what else do we have to base it on than stars and ratings? If anyone can answer that question it'd be great. That's why I used the stars as an example. I don't think they hold much merit but how else can one judge JC thus far?

I think we should stop comparing him to a football coach and put ourselves in Bate's shoes. As an AD would you be happy with JC thus far? I would be content, and excited to see what he puts out on the floor in November

No I agree- we have to wait and see what he can do with the players he has, and how good of a scout he is...because who knows, maybe he found a few gems that got overlooked (lest we not forget that Harold Landry was a 2* when he committed, along with countless other underrated players who went on to have stellar careers at BC in both football and basketball, [end football comparison]).

Like I said earlier- the ship is not sinking. Maybe JC can will this year's squad to a strong season and parlay that into increased recruiting success for the 2016 cycle. There is a lot still left to be seen before we can properly assess JC as a head coach at BC
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:45 pm

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:
Yeah that was a caveat I forgot to mention (the quantity of players thing) , but if we are comparing addazio to a guy who hasn't coached a game thus we haven't seen any of his players play what else do we have to base it on than stars and ratings? If anyone can answer that question it'd be great. That's why I used the stars as an example. I don't think they hold much merit but how else can one judge JC thus far?

I think we should stop comparing him to a football coach and put ourselves in Bate's shoes. As an AD would you be happy with JC thus far? I would be content, and excited to see what he puts out on the floor in November

No I agree- we have to wait and see what he can do with the players he has, and how good of a scout he is...because who knows, maybe he found a few gems that got overlooked (lest we not forget that Harold Landry was a 2* when he committed, along with countless other underrated players who went on to have stellar careers at BC in both football and basketball, [end football comparison]).

Like I said earlier- the ship is not sinking. Maybe JC can will this year's squad to a strong season and parlay that into increased recruiting success for the 2016 cycle. There is a lot still left to be seen before we can properly assess JC as a head coach at BC

Newsflash, this ship is on the bottom of the ocean and needs to be raised and rebuilt.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:52 pm

It took 2.5 years to raise the Costa Concordia, which had also been run aground by a greasy eye-tal.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Might as well!

Zack Spears ‏@Zacklopedia 2h2 hours ago
I'm hearing BC HC @BCJimChristian and asst @coach_pmurph are in NJ today to do a follow up visit W/ 2015 wing Markis McDuffie #BCEagles #ACC

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby lobstalova on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Here's a question. At what point do visits become annoying for a kid and have a negative effect. "We get it you want me now just leave me alone to make my decision." It's like the annoying bellboy at the hotel who is always trying to talk to you.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:can the people who are calling Falzon bad/his dad an asshole come up with something about Josh Sharma so I can feel better? THIS IS IMPORTANT!

can't fault a kid for going to stanford for both (1) better education and (b) better basketball.

i know that your efforts to matriculate to the 13th grade didn't have you looking at what these sorts of schools could do for you but from those of us that did... trust us that stanford is much better (and not just because it is a university with an engineering school)

who's blaming him for going to Stanford?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:07 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I feel like everyone in this thread is beating off, but for a bunch of different reasons.

Shit you gotta have a reason to beat off now?

Thanks, Obama.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:10 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I feel like everyone in this thread is beating off, but for a bunch of different reasons.

Thanks, Obama.

HJS is beating off because he was so fucking right again.

Roonie is trying to beat off but it's like to trying to pick up a single ramen noodle with chopsticks.

Hansen is beating off to alternating pics of bleached blond bolt ons and assorted ghey dudes sucking their own meat (cause he'll click on ANY link)

Teddy is beating off to La isla Bonita on repeat on his disc man.

I'm guessing TRE doesn't beat off.

Nospace can't find it and is too PROUD to ask for help.

I need another glass of cab...
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:52 am

BC offered 2015 SF Roman Davis.

I guess that McDuffie follow up went well! Onto Plan C!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:13 am

Mcduffie cancelled his smu visit
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 am

also Roman Davis may be a Donahue offer who was offered 10/23/2013
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Mcduffie cancelled his smu visit

So you're saying there's a chance!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm saying 2nd place at least!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:35 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm saying 2nd place at least!

That's good, I was starting to worry we might come in third.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:47 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Thanks, Obama.

Roonie is trying to beat off but it's like to trying to pick up a single ramen noodle with chopsticks.

Hansen is beating off to alternating pics of bleached blond bolt ons and assorted ghey dudes sucking their own meat (cause he'll click on ANY link)

this is a good post. you should feel proud of yourself.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:50 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Thanks, Obama.

this is a good post. you should feel proud of yourself.

now TRE is jerking off other posters. This place is gross.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum