recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:39 am

Program Insider {l Wrote}:You will be happy, and possibly extremely happy...

"...or really effing disappointed, one of those, not sure which yet"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby sparky on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:This is a definitely a could-win-an-ACC-game roster right here.

I can't wait until March when this team that we all thought was nothing more than a scrappy bunch of nobodies GETS IN THE BIG DANCE!!!!
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:48 am

Hicks gone. According to Spears... he has officially left the school.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:52 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Hicks gone. According to Spears... he has officially left the school.

that's impossible, moj. the "valuable and unambiguous content from Long Distance Eagle" told us mere minutes ago that the roster was set. no way someone as inside as that could have missed one of the roster members leaving so soon.

you better apologize to jimmy mac; his wife, long distance eagle; and his glory hole buddy corporal funishment for these "salt filled" lies you are spreading today
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby longdistanceeagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 am

Hicks was removed from the roster along with Milon and Diallo weeks ago. He has never been a part of the summer program.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 am

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Hicks was removed from the roster along with Milon and Diallo weeks ago. He has never been a part of the summer program.

http://www.bceagles.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

here is the roster from the bceagles website. is there a twitter announcement coming out soon that will tell us where we can go to find the "summer program" roster?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 am

Breaking news, roster won't change unless it does, and in that case I just couldn't tell you that it had already changed before I told you that it won't change, I think. So the roster is set.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:12 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Hicks gone. According to Spears... he has officially left the school.

that's impossible, moj. the "valuable and unambiguous content from Long Distance Eagle" told us mere minutes ago that the roster was set. no way someone as inside as that could have missed one of the roster members leaving so soon.

you better apologize to jimmy mac; his wife, long distance eagle; and his glory hole buddy corporal funishment for these "salt filled" lies you are spreading today

If you had been paying attention instead of sitting alone at your kitchen table, shoving heaping spoonfuls of salt into your mouth directly from a 30 pound sack, you wouldn't have missed Long Distance Eagle's treasured and observable contribution to the board (although given any other non-bad-faith actor, I might allow for the possibility you missed on this particular nugget of content amidst the geyser-like outflow of content that All Content All The Time Eagle has provided us with).

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16533&p=452275#p452275
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:16 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

If you had been paying attention instead of sitting alone at your kitchen table, shoving heaping spoonfuls of salt into your mouth directly from a 30 pound sack, you wouldn't have missed Long Distance Eagle's treasured and observable contribution to the board (although given any other non-bad-faith actor, I might allow for the possibility you missed on this particular nugget of content amidst the geyser-like outflow of content that All Content All The Time Eagle has provided us with).

i'm enough of a man to admit my mistakes.

sorry for the accusation that this was a bullshit post, mrs. mac. please keep plying us with your juicy information that sometimes turns out to be true
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:21 am

So if the roster is set, when do I get to "be happy, and possibly extremely happy"?

God bless the search function's return.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:It is quite obvious and no longer deniable that the Salt Queen has gone FUNISHMENTAL, greatly embarrassing himself, having been irrationally triggered and devastatingly made a monkey of by the stream of valuable and unambiguous content from Long Distance Eagle. Eagle 9903, poophead consigliere of the Salt Queen, is the only known poster to have fallen further into this madness.

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If you had been paying attention instead of sitting alone at your kitchen table, shoving heaping spoonfuls of salt into your mouth directly from a 30 pound sack, you wouldn't have missed Long Distance Eagle's treasured and observable contribution to the board (although given any other non-bad-faith actor, I might allow for the possibility you missed on this particular nugget of content amidst the geyser-like outflow of content that All Content All The Time Eagle has provided us with).

This schtick doesn't work without the racism and homophobia. Either go full Ram-Man or pick a different one.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:24 am

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:30 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:It is quite obvious and no longer deniable that the Salt Queen has gone FUNISHMENTAL, greatly embarrassing himself, having been irrationally triggered and devastatingly made a monkey of by the stream of valuable and unambiguous content from Long Distance Eagle. Eagle 9903, poophead consigliere of the Salt Queen, is the only known poster to have fallen further into this madness.

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If you had been paying attention instead of sitting alone at your kitchen table, shoving heaping spoonfuls of salt into your mouth directly from a 30 pound sack, you wouldn't have missed Long Distance Eagle's treasured and observable contribution to the board (although given any other non-bad-faith actor, I might allow for the possibility you missed on this particular nugget of content amidst the geyser-like outflow of content that All Content All The Time Eagle has provided us with).

This schtick doesn't work without the racism and homophobia. Either go full Ram-Man or pick a different one.

I actually had the same thought, that this Glacier alias had been fooling us all along and had just toned down his act.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:36 am

Hicks had potential before all those knee injuries. He wasn't playing ahead of Graves, JRob, the transfer from BYU or Bowman.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:37 am

isp address is from the wrong part of the world. i know because i've looked it up before with the same inkling/potential link
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:53 pm

glacier isn't even close to Ram Man's wit. The guy was nuts sure, but he was sometimes very, very good at insults. glacier recently called me a poophead for christ's sake.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:58 pm

salt queen wasn't too terrible
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:59 pm

He also called you the consigliere, which was reminiscent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gamer5252 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:48 am

Tobacco road eagle, not sure why you have the animosity towards lde... Just recently lde basically called the two 5th ye transfers well before they happened telling us player 1 was immediately eligible w3 yrs left and giving player 2's size... You offer last years roster w seniors still on it and players that have left earlier in the summer... You offer no insight.. I appreciate your passion but why are you sabotaging the only reliable source for information in this blog
gamer5252
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:05 am

Someone saved me the trouble of listing all of the contradictions in lde's transfer rumors, so it is unnecessary to respond. Just go read a few posts up. LDE would have been "reliable" had BC landed anything from 0-3 transfers at any combination of positions.

The hoops weirdos are so desperate to have (a) a ray of hope and (b) someone connected to the program posting in their circle jerk that they will believe anything, including rumors that you will be happy with some upcoming news out of Houston.

It is laugh out loud funny, however, so carry on.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:06 am

I'm still waiting for this one: "More good news to come in the weeks ahead. You will be happy, and possibly extremely happy."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:18 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:The extra scholarship is being held onto in case a transfer appears either now or at the mid-year. There is no particular player on the horizon. The roster as it exists today is what you can expect to see, barring some unforeseen circumstance.

We may yet get another crack at the Marfo egg with that last scholarship....also, take Lonergan off the list for the next coaching search, and don't bother trademarking "Lonergan's Lorry" or whatever the heck it was.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:31 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:The extra scholarship is being held onto in case a transfer appears either now or at the mid-year. There is no particular player on the horizon. The roster as it exists today is what you can expect to see, barring some unforeseen circumstance.

We may yet get another crack at the Marfo egg with that last scholarship....also, take Lonergan off the list for the next coaching search, and don't bother trademarking "Lonergan's Lorry" or whatever the heck it was.

Assuming this has legs and he is fired, would this past recruiting class all be released of LOI's ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:35 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Assuming this has legs and he is fired, would this past recruiting class all be released of LOI's ?

Seems to me that these days a player can usually get a release if they go to the media and make a big stink about it :shrug

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:and don't bother trademarking "Lonergan's Lorry" or whatever the heck it was.

Speaking of... anyone word from Jim's Jesuits recently?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:00 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:and don't bother trademarking "Lonergan's Lorry" or whatever the heck it was.

Speaking of... anyone word from Jim's Jesuits recently?

it's christian's singles
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:08 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

This staff is pretty decent at roster management. The whole coaching basketball thing leaves room for improvement.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Few new 2017 offers this week ...

Evan Battey (6'7/290lb) F from CA. Holds BC, Purdue, Depaul and a number of smaller offers

Isaiah Livers (6'8/205lb) F from MI. Holds BC and MSU offers
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby lobstalova on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:09 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Few new 2017 offers this week ...

Evan Battey (6'7/290lb) F from CA. Holds BC, Purdue, Depaul and a number of smaller offers

Isaiah Livers (6'8/205lb) F from MI. Holds BC and MSU offers

not sure if Battey can dunk but he looks mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHFIyHUT_8
lobstalova
n00b

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Just my impressions. I will type them out. This class will probably be smaller than the last two. Assuming one undergrad transfer, which I think is a fair expectation, we'll have 5 open scholarships for next year. I predict 1-2 grad transfers, most likely a 4 and possibly another 5, depending how good our younger big men are. That leaves at most 4 incoming freshmen, and possibly as low as 2, if we want to leave a spot open. Who are we targeting? Based on what I can gather, the top priority is Santos-Silva as a 5. He has also visited Providence, Temple, and BU, but Providence has another 5 in the 2017 class so they might not be a strong threat. He plays at Vermont Academy now but he used to be at Bridgewater Raynham so he's a local kid. He put up big numbers for BABC but he hasn't gotten big offers, which I would assume is because he's only 6'7 and is "roly-poly." I think he would be a good pickup for us in a Moneyball-like "we need exploit market inefficiencies and take flawed recruits" type of way. I also think they want, in a perfect world, another tall wing (Sagay/Turner type) and a guard who can shoot 3s (not sure we need a pure point type in this class). In 2018, as far as I can tell, the priorities seem to be 2 taller guards, AJ Reeves and Cormac Ryan (who we have been assured is not good). Reeves is a top 50 player who will get lots of attention from the name schools. Ryan is not highly ranked (yet), but has schools like Michigan and Indiana interested. Both of these guys may end up being pipe dreams. Reeves' prep school is Brimmer and May which is walking distance from BC. Take everything I say as gospel until Long Distance Eagle comes on to say more.

List season starts soon!

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum