recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm in Europe and they've agreed to take Mezinkas back.

Any chance we can arrange that?

Are you at The Open?

No but you are close.

Men's Final of Wimbledon.

nice
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cremins on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:52 am

last transfer was Maurice Jeffers, im guessing for defense and an extra body. not a lot on the site here so im guessing no one really cares. haha
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:17 am

cremins {l Wrote}:last transfer was Maurice Jeffers, im guessing for defense and an extra body. not a lot on the site here so im guessing no one really cares. haha

It was discussed 6 days ago, when it happened. And no, no one cares about Jimmy Mac using a styptic pencil on a gushing knife wound.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cremins {l Wrote}:last transfer was Maurice Jeffers, im guessing for defense and an extra body. not a lot on the site here so im guessing no one really cares. haha

It was discussed 6 days ago, when it happened. And no, no one cares about Jimmy Mac using a styptic pencil on a gushing knife wound.

this is definitely the crowd that doesn't care about bc basketball.

anyone else get a little emotional seeing the skinner's frate train guys get back together? those were the days.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:37 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

this is definitely the crowd that doesn't care about bc basketball.

anyone else get a little emotional seeing the skinner's frate train guys get back together? those were the days.

They're going to need one of the freshman not named Graves to be respectable
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby longdistanceeagle on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Popovic.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Encouraging, though cryptic
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:27 pm

I think the period was supposed to be an H. Pop was so devastated by the retirement of Duncan that he wants to go back to his college roots and couldn't resist the opportunity to turn around a team in a similar manner to how he helped turn around the Spurs. Only this time as an assistant coach. All aboard Superfans. All aboard.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:38 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Popovic.

Sure. He's played U18 Euroball so it wouldn't shock me. He doesn't need to be fantastic.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby sparky on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:16 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I think the period was supposed to be an H. Pop was so devastated by the retirement of Duncan that he wants to go back to his college roots and couldn't resist the opportunity to turn around a team in a similar manner to how he helped turn around the Spurs. Only this time as an assistant coach. All aboard Superfans. All aboard.

I pretty much thought the exact same thing. It's crazy the way LDE can impart a message with such little, if any, wording. It's almost like he's some kind of hypnotist or something. No wonder nobody can PM him. My advice would be to try sending thought messages instead.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:53 pm

these are the sorts of truth bombs that allow lde to make such a big splash in these parts

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm not clicking that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Sure. He's played U18 Euroball so it wouldn't shock me. He doesn't need to be fantastic.

BC has had a bad history with Euro players: Heck, Magarity, Mez, and I've been critical of all of them. But I am a bit more optimistic with Popovic he played in Florida this past year and looked good. Not great but I think he can be good enough to compete against ACC players. I believe he also had UGA offer.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:37 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'm not clicking that.

you should. it's totally safe for work and shows bme climbing into a "hot tub"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:13 pm

new potential "big" out of houston. go get him jimmy mac!!!!

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:19 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

BC has had a bad history with Euro players: Heck, Magarity, Mez, and I've been critical of all of them. But I am a bit more optimistic with Popovic he played in Florida this past year and looked good. Not great but I think he can be good enough to compete against ACC players. I believe he also had UGA offer.

Heckmann and Magerity were fine. Mez was Odio bad last year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

One year Odio actually seemed to know what basketball was. The next it was like he totally forgot.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Magarity averaged 15 minutes a game on a shit team and had no inside presence whatsoever. My guess is he doesn't even start for Davidson.

Odio and Heckmann were also bad. None of them belonged in the ACC.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:01 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Magarity averaged 15 minutes a game on a shit team and had no inside presence whatsoever. My guess is he doesn't even start for Davidson.

Odio and Heckmann were also bad. None of them belonged in the ACC.

Odio wouldn't have made First Team All-NESCAC. I'd like to say that's a lie but it's not. He's one of the worst players I've seen in a BC uniform until I laid eyes on Mezinkas.

I think Magerity had potential.

Heckmann was like a 6th man in the ACC due to his wild inconsistent play.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:24 am

Heckmann was infuriating, but he was definitely talented. The rest aren't very good, but Mez is not as bad as epstein says. Odio was terrible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Heckmann was infuriating, but he was definitely talented. The rest aren't very good, but Mez is not as bad as epstein says. Odio was terrible.

Mez is worse than Odio, at least Odio was athletic. Mez has my athleticism in a 6'7" body.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:49 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Heckmann was infuriating, but he was definitely talented. The rest aren't very good, but Mez is not as bad as epstein says. Odio was terrible.

Mez is worse than Odio, at least Odio was athletic. Mez has my athleticism in a 6'7" body.

no
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gamer5252 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:41 am

Lde!!! Any more coming? Another fifth year big? ThAnk you
gamer5252
n00b

Postby longdistanceeagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:47 am

The extra scholarship is being held onto in case a transfer appears either now or at the mid-year. There is no particular player on the horizon. The roster as it exists today is what you can expect to see, barring some unforeseen circumstance.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:37 am

This is a definitely a could-win-an-ACC-game roster right here.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:51 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:This is a definitely a could-win-an-ACC-game roster right here.

as long as the freshman are all as awesome as this site has made them up to be. the supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus transfers that mrs. mac promised us aren't winning us any games...

and a moment of silence for glacier's wang as he beats it to death on more clear wisdom directly from mrs. mac's fingers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:06 am

breaking news the roster won't change unless it does.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:breaking news the roster won't change unless it does.

in fairness, i think he still had us on the hook for another transfer but it's hard to tell with all the clear messages that he's been sending us. go back in this thread to a post from intern cut-and-paste that lays these flip flopping examples in a more clear manner
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I think, but am not sure that we started here after Tava committed, seemingly in reference to two transfers a five and a four (neither is Chatman who is listed at 6'5 195):

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:They are not done recruiting size. There will be a 5th year 5 man and still the possibility of another 4. More good news to come in the weeks ahead. You will be happy, and possibly extremely happy.

Then here he is seemingly referring to two fives and a guy who is sitting therefore not Chatman who is neither a five nor will he sit:

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:There is one 5th year 5 man who is likely to come. He's OK. Nobody is buying season tix if he comes, but he will definitely help. The other I cannot really speak about, but if it works out, he would be a major addition, especially with his skill set and how JC would like to play with a talented 5. There is still a possibility of another transfer who would be another major help after he sits. Also cannot say anything else. He is a 3/4.

As recently as June 20th, it appears three players are referenced the first presumably Chatman but maybe not? the second is likely the Delaware guy:

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:One announcement could come today, one other later in the summer(5th year), the other I think could be today or in the very near future. None are a question of eligibility.

and then it seems like two again, one of whom is Chatman

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:One is a 5th year who will probably start. The other is a more interesting situation. I will only say that he is eligible immediately. He will be a rotational but important part.

In any event, no one is likely to be particularly excited about the BYU guy because of his prior stats and LDE says the 5th year is "OK. Nobody is buying season tix if he comes". I have no idea whether there is supposed to be one more guy or not at this point. Neither of the known/sort of know players since Tava would make anyone "extremely happy" except the funishment because he gets to slob more knob than usual.

this is the post i reference above. i'm still not sure how much of mrs. mac's rock solid information has actually come to fruition because, as the intern points out, it's tough to decipher.

but, with the announcement of no roster changes i am holding out hope that it's once again opposite day and we sign that big man that we've secretly needed for only the last 5 - 6 years (no offense to the dinner party's less than 100% injuries)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:and a moment of silence for glacier's wang as he beats it to death on more clear wisdom directly from mrs. mac's fingers

It is quite obvious and no longer deniable that the Salt Queen has gone FUNISHMENTAL, greatly embarrassing himself, having been irrationally triggered and devastatingly made a monkey of by the stream of valuable and unambiguous content from Long Distance Eagle. Eagle 9903, poophead consigliere of the Salt Queen, is the only known poster to have fallen further into this madness.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum