recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby joesim on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Donovan Mitchell to Louisville .... :violin :violin
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Mitchell to Louisville.

Nice little show the guy put on. Cut his list to 10, two days later cut his list to 5, three days later committed.

But hell at least we were part of the show for once.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Mitchell to Louisville.

Nice little show the guy put on. Cut his list to 10, two days later cut his list to 5, three days later committed.

On the plus side of things I'm 1 for 1
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:12 am

joesim {l Wrote}:Donovan Mitchell to Louisville .... :violin :violin

Good move by the staff to hold off on declaring his redshirt!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

On the plus side of things I'm 1 for 1

EO coaching staff off to a great start

:chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 am

I'm still super jacked that we made his top 5. Great efforting.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:39 pm

smells like a December decommit.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby joesim on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Can anybody see what the big recruiting update is on 247?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:28 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Agreed 10000%. May not land at BC, but seems like a guy who got talked into doing something rash and someone who will eventually realize his mistake.

Then again, Pitino may have paid him enough to look at his bank account, laugh and never look back.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:12 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Agreed 10000%. May not land at BC, but seems like a guy who got talked into doing something rash and someone who will eventually realize his mistake.

Then again, Pitino may have paid him enough to look at his bank account, laugh and never look back.

Pitino is too smart to piss on the rules that blatantly; the siren call of a (presumed) future NBA contract is convincing enough in the money department. I will concede that after such a whirlwind courtship, Mitchell could possibly reconsider, but it's only a very speculative possibility. Louisville has a strong talking point in its national TV exposure as a potential showcase for players to build market value - one of the factors that make national TV slots so desirable.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:41 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Pitino is too smart to piss on the rules that blatantly; the siren call of a (presumed) future NBA contract is convincing enough in the money department. I will concede that after such a whirlwind courtship, Mitchell could possibly reconsider, but it's only a very speculative possibility. Louisville has a strong talking point in its national TV exposure as a potential showcase for players to build market value - one of the factors that make national TV slots so desirable.

:lol:

You do realize we're talking about Rick Pitino here right? One of the biggest slimeballs out there. It's only a matter of time before he gets caught.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:12 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

You do realize we're talking about Rick Pitino here right? One of the biggest slimeballs out there. It's only a matter of time before he gets caught.

If Pitino has been working outside the rules, he's been getting away with it for a long time, so it has to be pretty well under the radar - after all, he certainly has enough enemies to tell the NCAA about anything they can spot. With a program like Louisville, though, with a large and fanatical fan base, you always wonder about how alumni and other program boosters might be getting involved - that's the sort of indirect fiddling that can be very difficult to deal with if it's conducted intelligently. My main point is that Pitino is not going to get into something so blatant as cash up front which could easily bring down the wrath of the NCAA; about what he might be doing outside the rules, I maintain an open mind. If I want to get mad about elite programs like Louisville, the inequitable but lawful advantages that the system gives them are enough to irritate me.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:23 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

If Pitino has been working outside the rules, he's been getting away with it for a long time, so it has to be pretty well under the radar - after all, he certainly has enough enemies to tell the NCAA about anything they can spot. With a program like Louisville, though, with a large and fanatical fan base, you always wonder about how alumni and other program boosters might be getting involved - that's the sort of indirect fiddling that can be very difficult to deal with if it's conducted intelligently. My main point is that Pitino is not going to get into something so blatant as cash up front which could easily bring down the wrath of the NCAA; about what he might be doing outside the rules, I maintain an open mind. If I want to get mad about elite programs like Louisville, the inequitable but lawful advantages that the system gives them are enough to irritate me.

Sure thing dude.

The rest of us aren't that naive.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:54 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Sure thing dude.

Your statement cuts in three different directions. If you think I'm naive about Pitino handing out cash, I don't think I'm naive on that count. I can easily imagine Pitino doing any number of more indirect dirty moves to get recruits, but handing out cash is just too easy to uncover. The length of time that Pitino has spent coaching without getting caught argues strongly that, if he's a slimeball, he isn't a stupid slimeball; the evidence obliges me to conclude that his recruiting methods are intelligent (i.e., aimed at avoiding getting caught), no matter how unscrupulous.

If, however, you're calling me naive about the NCAA not bothering to enforce its own rules unless they have to do it or want to screw somebody, well, I could be underestimating the degree of corruption in the NCAA front office. NCAA basketball is a multi-billion dollar business, and you never know how far people will go to avoid publicity that might hurt revenue. The great danger is that everything could unravel at once and produce a catastrophe like the ancient point-shaving scandal of the 50's, which dirtied the image of college basketball as a whole and took a long time to recover from. I'll admit, however, that I could be naive in overestimating people's intelligence and underestimating their obsession with near-term results; after all, in my lifetime I've seen both Vietnam and Iraq, and they certainly argue that I'm giving people too much credit.

The third possibility is that you're saying that it's easy to get away with handing out money, so Pitino doesn't have to worry. A lot of programs have been caught at this caught at this, but it could be widespread enough that I'm underestimating how widespread that sort of thing is. This point connects with both of the earlier points, while being distinguishable from them.

Writing all this, as you may have figured out, implies that I'm really curious. Just what do you mean when you accuse me of naivete?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:54 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Sure thing dude.

Your statement cuts in three different directions. If you think I'm naive about Pitino handing out cash, I don't think I'm naive on that count. I can easily imagine Pitino doing any number of more indirect dirty moves to get recruits, but handing out cash is just too easy to uncover. The length of time that Pitino has spent coaching without getting caught argues strongly that, if he's a slimeball, he isn't a stupid slimeball; the evidence obliges me to conclude that his recruiting methods are intelligent (i.e., aimed at avoiding getting caught), no matter how unscrupulous.

If, however, you're calling me naive about the NCAA not bothering to enforce its own rules unless they have to do it or want to screw somebody, well, I could be underestimating the degree of corruption in the NCAA front office. NCAA basketball is a multi-billion dollar business, and you never know how far people will go to avoid publicity that might hurt revenue. The great danger is that everything could unravel at once and produce a catastrophe like the ancient point-shaving scandal of the 50's, which dirtied the image of college basketball as a whole and took a long time to recover from. I'll admit, however, that I could be naive in overestimating the intelligence of people in power and underestimating their obsession with near-term results; after all, in my lifetime I've seen both Vietnam and Iraq, and they certainly argue that I'm giving people too much credit.

The third possibility is that you're saying that it's easy to get away with handing out money, so Pitino doesn't have to worry. A lot of programs have been caught at this caught at this, but it could be widespread enough that I'm underestimating how widespread that sort of thing is. This point connects with both of the earlier points, while being distinguishable from them.

Writing all this, as you may have figured out, implies that I'm really curious. Just what do you mean when you accuse me of naivete?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Mitchell's family does not need Pitino's money.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 am

Most guys in Pitino's class don't need to hand out money anymore. Kids think that merely going to places like UNC and UK means a paycheck.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:34 am

While we're talking about this type of thing, did anyone else notice that Bruce Pearl put together a pretty strong recruiting class for someone who isn't allowed to even talk to recruits? :stir :stir
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Evan Daniels‏@EvanDaniels·Aug 12
Chance Comanche & Terance Mann have scheduled official visits to Arizona State for the weekend of August 29th, per source.

:shrug :shrug

Two parter:

RHoops Recruiting‏@RHoopsRecruits·Aug 9
@garnerroad Hi Dwayne, does Jerome Robinson have any visits planned this month or for the fall? Thanks in advance!

Dwayne West‏@garnerroad·Aug 9
@RHoopsRecruits Rutgers and Richmond. Boston College to be determined.

Jerome Robinson visited BC just after the new staff was hired. He also visited Clemson this week.

:screamyeagle

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm

I for one think we need more frequent updates on the recruits we aren't getting.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one think we need more frequent updates on the recruits we aren't getting.

You've got a computer. Join the effort! :cheers

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:15 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one think we need more frequent updates on the recruits we aren't getting.

You've got a computer. Join the effort! :cheers

I've recently seen reports of BC being crossed off by 2015's Chandler White, Makol Mawien, Jonathan Nwankwo, and Brandon Childress; they all had offers, but I don't think BC was recruiting any of them very hard.

On the other side of the coin, last week BC offered top-50 2016 PG Cassius Winston (6'1", 177, University of Detroit Jesuit HS). Winston looks like a great prospect but a very long shot - Michigan and MSU are both recruiting him hard, and he has a few other high-major offers as well.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:59 am

BC finished in the top 40 with some players that are going to Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC finished in the top 40 with some players that are going to Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky.

Christians be praised!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby sweetriverbaines on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 am

Hopefully some positive news will appear on the recruiting front once classes start. They'll be a few visits that'll correspond with home football games and verbals should start to filter in. Its been a long time since that's even happened over the past few years...Is ok to start freaking out if every target signs elsewhere?
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby NJM89 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:07 am

Another 5th year transfer on the way?

@BigGoldNation: Sources tell BGN that two possible destinations for departing F Aaron Brown are Boston College & Rhode Island. @RealEagleAction @ebosshoops
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:15 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Another 5th year transfer on the way?

@BigGoldNation: Sources tell BGN that two possible destinations for departing F Aaron Brown are Boston College & Rhode Island. @RealEagleAction @ebosshoops

Guessing we come in third here.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Another 5th year transfer on the way?

Guessing we come in third here.

Is this the same guy that has already transferred once from Temple to Southern Miss ?

http://www.southernmiss.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/aaron_brown_808565.html

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/08/14/5746148/usm-star-guard-aaron-brown-granted.html?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 am

"Sources tell BGN that two possible destinations for departing F Aaron Brown are Boston College & Rhode Island."

Our last battle with URI for a transfer went well... :roll: :roll:

Go eagles :screamyeagle

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum