recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 am

HJS {l Wrote}:As pathetic as recruiting has been this year for Don and his bumbling low-major staff and as embarrassing it is to lose out to directional-Kentucky... this was a disaster averted. Johnson had no business having interest from an ACC school. He was too short to defend the 4 and way too slow to defend the 3. Why we offered him speaks more to Don's (or his crap staff's) inability to sell Boston College and less to Johnson's skillz.

For 2015 and to a certain extent next year, they should be looking at transfers. I dont want to see another repeat of his second year at BC, that team was unwatchable it was so bad.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 am

I enjoyed the mini stroke Philly Intern had in this thread.

Glad to see nothing changed with BC hoop while I was gone for the long weekend.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The past two seasons, everyone that has seen this program has known that they were going to be one more star away from being a serious ACC contender over the next two seasons. Reporters are reporting that the team looks good, coaches are seeing these guys in practice, and the fans know that experienced teams do very well in college hoop. It should not have been a tough sell to one of the local guys (Vonleh is the biggest example) that they would be the player that could step right in and make BC one of the 2-3 favorites to win the ACC. Instead, they end up with Hicks, Owens and Magarity (decent players with potential but no instant impact guys) and nothing in this upcoming class as of yet.

Last years class I'm fine with. You got a skilled 5, Hicks who was a finalist for Mr Basketball in Kentucky and Owens, who at least has the elite athleticism. It's not great, but I'll willing to bet they all contribute over the 4 years at BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:54 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The past two seasons, everyone that has seen this program has known that they were going to be one more star away from being a serious ACC contender over the next two seasons. Reporters are reporting that the team looks good, coaches are seeing these guys in practice, and the fans know that experienced teams do very well in college hoop. It should not have been a tough sell to one of the local guys (Vonleh is the biggest example) that they would be the player that could step right in and make BC one of the 2-3 favorites to win the ACC. Instead, they end up with Hicks, Owens and Magarity (decent players with potential but no instant impact guys) and nothing in this upcoming class as of yet.

Last years class I'm fine with. You got a skilled 5, Hicks who was a finalist for Mr Basketball in Kentucky and Owens, who at least has the elite athleticism. It's not great, but I'll willing to bet they all contribute over the 4 years at BC

That's fine. It's still not going to put the team over the top before Anderson and Hanlan are gone.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That's fine. It's still not going to put the team over the top before Anderson and Hanlan are gone.

I think Teddy's point (at least it is an interp I agree with) is that getting one player who could contribute at ACC All-Freshman could really put the team over the hump and lay the ground to make the not unwatchable when Anderson graduates and Hanlon leaves early. While we really won't know for sure, it doesn't sound like any of the 3 frosh are difference makers. That said, I think we can all agree that all 3 at least have a chance to contribute to the program. My biggest complaint of last year's class was that Don ignored the 4/5 in recruiting (which I believe is an unforgiveable level of incompetence). I think Magarity was a nice save... but, again, we shouldn't have been in that position.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 am

Vonleh is a one and done. Would've been awesome for this year, then gone
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:47 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Vonleh is a one and done. Would've been awesome for this year, then gone

I fail to see a problem with that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Vonleh is a one and done. Would've been awesome for this year, then gone

it would be a sign that he was an acc caliber player and epps wouldn't be able to trot out his tried and true complaint over and over again
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

it would be a sign that he was an acc caliber player and epps wouldn't be able to trot out his tried and true complaint over and over again

Sort of. My point was more that he isn't goin to fix anything once Hanlan/Anderson leave. I think one and done players are a great idea for BC. No chance they ever do it though
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
anyways, 3 folks on 247 predicted Shayok to Marquette in the last 10 days.

I'm shocked.

You can't expect Don to compete for talent with Catholic schools located in the middle of Wisconsin. Be realistic.

I don't really expect him to compete for any talent, frankly.

Sorry about leaving the red font out, didn't think it really warranted clarification.

Apparently, I'm the one who should be sorry about leaving the red font out, but I didn't think it really warranted clarification.

Fair enough. I was on the edge with your response since you generally take yourself so seriously these days. I though Philly Intern might have gotten to you.

Shayok to Marquette.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
anyways, 3 folks on 247 predicted Shayok to Marquette in the last 10 days.

I'm shocked.

You can't expect Don to compete for talent with Catholic schools located in the middle of Wisconsin. Be realistic.

I don't really expect him to compete for any talent, frankly.

Sorry about leaving the red font out, didn't think it really warranted clarification.

Apparently, I'm the one who should be sorry about leaving the red font out, but I didn't think it really warranted clarification.

Fair enough. I was on the edge with your response since you generally take yourself so seriously these days. I though Philly Intern might have gotten to you.

Shayok to Marquette.

So totally expected that I'm surprised he took this long to commit.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Indefensible continues. Matt farrell to bc. I'll let eppy do the other offer list.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby Primetime on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:16 pm

After making his decision, Farrell spoke with Monmouth University coach King Rice, a former guard at North Carolina, to inform him of his choice, and Rice had some complimentary words.

“(Rice) quote-unquote said if he was in my position, BC and Monmouth, he would’ve chosen BC as well,” Farrell said. “He was the one who actually told me firsthand that he believed I could play there at the ACC level, and he said there’s no doubt in his mind. That was huge coming from him. He’s just a great guy, and he did so much for me and my family.”

This is an embarrassment. The kid NEEDED CONVINCING that BC was a better option than Monmouth.

What the hell is wrong with our recruiting?!
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Ugh.

That is all.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Look on the bright side - he has a decent offer sheet for a high school valedictorian.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:
After making his decision, Farrell spoke with Monmouth University coach King Rice, a former guard at North Carolina, to inform him of his choice, and Rice had some complimentary words.

“(Rice) quote-unquote said if he was in my position, BC and Monmouth, he would’ve chosen BC as well,” Farrell said. “He was the one who actually told me firsthand that he believed I could play there at the ACC level, and he said there’s no doubt in his mind. That was huge coming from him. He’s just a great guy, and he did so much for me and my family.”

This is an embarrassment. The kid NEEDED CONVINCING that BC was a better option than Monmouth.

Yea, the kid needed the other coach to tell him to not be an idiot and play ACC basketball. As far as skill level goes, I'm going to withhold judgement before I say anything. He averaged a state high 6.5 assists per game to go on top of 15+ ppg. He's apparently a very good passer and can shoot as well (obv a very high IQ). He has no footage on youtube that I could find. Could be a serious under the radar player.....or a huge whiff.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

Yea, the kid needed the other coach to tell him to not be an idiot and play ACC basketball. As far as skill level goes, I'm going to withhold judgement before I say anything. He averaged a state high 6.5 assists per game to go on top of 15+ ppg. He's apparently a very good passer and can shoot as well (obv a very high IQ). He has no footage on youtube that I could find. Could be a serious under the radar player.....or a huge whiff.

He's a huge example of the Ivy League recruiting that the Don thinks will let us compete year in and year out in the ACC. Enough of this...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 pm

There's no chance this is a recruited walk on scenario, is there?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm

As EAgle9903 put it, indefensible.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:http://cityofbasketballlove.com/recruiting-profiles/matt-farrell-g-2014/

Diamond in the rough?

Why is he wearing long sleeves under his jersey? I don't know that I've ever seen someone do that before.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:54 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:http://cityofbasketballlove.com/recruiting-profiles/matt-farrell-g-2014/

Diamond in the rough?

Why is he wearing long sleeves under his jersey? I don't know that I've ever seen someone do that before.

i bet huang, nospace and other fatties could cite examples
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:02 pm

:suicide :suicide :suicide :suicide :suicide :suicide :suicide
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:04 pm

I'll assume this is a recruited walk on
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 pm

I was happy to see Justin Johnson NOT chose BC. Lol we managed to do even worse.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I'll assume this is a recruited walk on

Sure better be.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:10 pm

early reports from donahue are in on this recruit...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:13 pm

oh, there's a follow-up

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:13 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

Sure better be.

He was offered back in September what a waste of one scholly thats available
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:17 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

Sure better be.

He was offered back in September what a waste of one scholly thats available

According to TOS it won't be the only schollie they use this recruiting cycle...

Thomas Welsh and Bryan Alberts are the new 2 top targets who they still want...
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum