recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Iggle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:04 pm

bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:guys..

maybe the staff didn't think he was good enough. i don't care if he was top 100, his other schools were northwestern and harvard, its not like we said no to a kid who's other 2 were michigan st and unc. maybe the staff just wants mcduffie, and maybe they thought by announcing this, it would show mcduffie that we want him instead of falzon.

that being said, i think now we really need to land mcduffie because if we don't then you can say we should have taken falzon.

i was hearing mcduffie is more of a 4 so that explains the connection.

I'm fine with not taking falzon as long as we get mcduffie.

if we round out this class of 2015 with mcduffie and sharma, it would be a GREAT class of 5. something to get excited about

just seems stupid to play it so poorly to piss off a player from a program that we want to get other players from. and how is the staff recruiting if someone is unaware that they're being phased out of the plan? And why phase somebody out without having even a verbal commit otherwise? This is not even considering that we have the scholarships to take 7 players anyway so it's not like there's a crunch, and this team desperately needs talent. And that being cagey with a recruit is also a shitty thing to do in general, program aside.

(also I think falzon's other 2 schools are because he has a good head on his shoulders and wants an education, not that they are his only other offers, though i'm not sure)

if all this is accurate, :clownshoes is right
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Also, don't get mad when ATL comes here and tells everyone that he told us so.

He told us all BC wouldn't bring more than 5 recruits about 3 weeks ago.

ATL also keeps telling us that he told us so about college football's Josh McDaniel being a good offensive coordinator.

No I told you so from me. IMO Christian better be a great evaluator of talent or else this was just stubborn and stupid. You've got a million roster spots. They could've have found minutes for him unless he really sucks. Plus you keep slow playing him until you land McDuffie. We have two great recruiters in Spinelli and Murphy yet our head coach doesn't seem like he can close on their work.

And Teddy, Day is our better coordinator.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 pm

The idea that we can't make room for a Newton boy, who is very highly regarded and not just some complete schlub is the dumbest thing ever. If McDuffie is telling us we need to stop recruiting everyone else to get him, well then he should have been the one we moved on from.

I have a problem with the bullshit crap the dad tried to spin on twitter.

But I also have a problem with this coaching staff just bailing from the top 3 of a top 100 recruit from down the street. Just plain stupid.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:19 am

I think the whole story is bullshit. No way the staff does something dumb enough to let the kid get informed on Twitter. They may have decided to stop recruiting him and the dad is pissed and freaking out. I would love some spin control though.

I am ok with a class of 5. Maybe next year is a deeper class or whatever. I wanted Falzone, but whoever said his other offers are NW and Harvard has a good point. I am into recruiting athletes, they dont need to be Rhodes Scholars.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:08 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Also, don't get mad when ATL comes here and tells everyone that he told us so.

ATL also keeps telling us that he told us so about college football's Josh McDaniel being a good offensive coordinator.

No I told you so from me. IMO Christian better be a great evaluator of talent or else this was just stubborn and stupid. You've got a million roster spots. They could've have found minutes for him unless he really sucks. Plus you keep slow playing him until you land McDuffie. We have two great recruiters in Spinelli and Murphy yet our head coach doesn't seem like he can close on their work.

I enjoy when Atl gets mad, he becomes mo'j
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:18 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

This is like having the choice of eating a cow manure sandwich or a dog poo sandwich. You eat the manure sandwich. It's probably healthier, but it still tastes like shit.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:07 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I think the whole story is bullshit. No way the staff does something dumb enough to let the kid get informed on Twitter. They may have decided to stop recruiting him and the dad is pissed and freaking out. I would love some spin control though.

I am ok with a class of 5. Maybe next year is a deeper class or whatever. I wanted Falzone, but whoever said his other offers are NW and Harvard has a good point. I am into recruiting athletes, they dont need to be Rhodes Scholars.

I don't disagree with your point, but Falzon also has offers from Creighton, Marquette, NC State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Providence and Rutgers to name a few.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:12 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I think the whole story is bullshit. No way the staff does something dumb enough to let the kid get informed on Twitter. They may have decided to stop recruiting him and the dad is pissed and freaking out. I would love some spin control though.

I don't disagree with your point, but Falzon also has offers from Creighton, Marquette, NC State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Providence and Rutgers to name a few.

If you guys are going the whole validation-via-other-offers route... please don't Google McDuffie.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 am

According to TOS, the coach the father refers to as not informed of the stop in recruiting in the tweet was the AAU coach not the Northfield Mt. Hermon coach. Other than the dad, the primary other source of anti-BC messages yesterday was twitter handle hoopsdreammag, which is apparently the name of a blog run by Ty Boswell, who is a coach with Falzon's AAU team, Expressions.

FWIW, no Expressions player ever has come to BC, notable alums include: 1) Jared Terrell of last year's late recruiting season fiasco, 2) Rod Odom of several years ago's recruiting w31erd0s fiasco; 3) one of the Murphys of which nothing else need be said and 4) a couple of Tommy Amaker Harvard signees (Rivard, O'Shea). Here is a fun article about how Donahue and Skinner had a great relationship with the Expressions program (resulting in zero commits) https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1104470

Here was one tweet allegedly by Boswell from the Hoopsdreammag handle: "BC felt that they couldn't get Aaron Falzon, so they take to twitter to say they are no longer recruiting him."

Also according (to posters, credibility unknown) to TOS, Sharma and Falzon are "not close," Sharma plays for Rivals and not Expressions.

All presented without comment and with no means of verification.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 am

Day sucks. I don't understand why you love him so much. He's not chip Kelly 2.0.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 am

Christian, Spinelli, and Murphy went three deep to visit McDuffie yesterday.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:42 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No. But if true, BC football is fucked.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:45 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

If you guys are going the whole validation-via-other-offers route... please don't Google McDuffie.

Therein lines the fallacy of the other offer route. I'll put my bets on the kid from St. A's any day. That said, I still take both if they want to come.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:46 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Day sucks. I don't understand why you love him so much. He's not chip Kelly 2.0.

Bingo. As bad as Don Brown is, he's not remotely that bad. Day sets the standard.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Day sucks. I don't understand why you love him so much. He's not chip Kelly 2.0.

Bingo. As bad as Don Brown is, he's not remotely that bad. Day sets the standard.

Shit sandwich
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Shit sandwich

ATL's Ryan Day agenda is similar to the asshat whalepants sycophants that follow him religiously that rail on about "returning to annual 10-win seasons, where TOB had the team."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bcbasketball20 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 am

get me sharma and mcduffie and i will forget about falzon

also 2016 i think we will have a good class as well. these recruiters are legit
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:According to TOS, the coach the father refers to as not informed of the stop in recruiting in the tweet was the AAU coach not the Northfield Mt. Hermon coach. Other than the dad, the primary other source of anti-BC messages yesterday was twitter handle hoopsdreammag, which is apparently the name of a blog run by Ty Boswell, who is a coach with Falzon's AAU team, Expressions.

FWIW, no Expressions player ever has come to BC, notable alums include: 1) Jared Terrell of last year's late recruiting season fiasco, 2) Rod Odom of several years ago's recruiting w31erd0s fiasco; 3) one of the Murphys of which nothing else need be said and 4) a couple of Tommy Amaker Harvard signees (Rivard, O'Shea). Here is a fun article about how Donahue and Skinner had a great relationship with the Expressions program (resulting in zero commits) https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1104470

Here was one tweet allegedly by Boswell from the Hoopsdreammag handle: "BC felt that they couldn't get Aaron Falzon, so they take to twitter to say they are no longer recruiting him."

Also according (to posters, credibility unknown) to TOS, Sharma and Falzon are "not close," Sharma plays for Rivals and not Expressions.

All presented without comment and with no means of verification.

This seems to be the most logical explanation. Coach Jim is a mediocre coach at best but I doubt he would be that incredibly stupid.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

5 stars.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Navel-to-kneecaps.

i still don't think it's okay to talk about that...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:53 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Navel-to-kneecaps.

Question: Is it ok to speculate about Ryan Day's grooming habits?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:If you guys are going the whole validation-via-other-offers route... please don't Google McDuffie.

Creighton, Maryland, Wichita State, SMU, Seton Hall, VCU... all teams that were much better than us last year, one of them being ranked #1.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:10 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Navel-to-kneecaps.

as long as you express that it is your personal opinion and not the opinion of any other posters, w3ird0z or shower dwellers.

you know who's scheduled to play ryan day in the planned 2017 biopic they call me fhciwrd?

teh resemblence is uncanny

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:06 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Navel-to-kneecaps.

as long as you express that it is your personal opinion and not the opinion of any other posters, w3ird0z or shower dwellers.

you know who's scheduled to play ryan day in the planned 2017 biopic they call me fhciwrd?

teh resemblence is uncanny

da badass? They both have an ELR.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:18 pm

they also both enjoy fast food and whacking it to cam girls
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:04 pm

That biopic better have subtitles.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:53 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:That biopic better have subtitles.

well, sure... but the subtitles better be as phoentical as possible. like don vito back before he molested girls
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:59 am

BC coaches piss off any quick tempered dads yet today?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC coaches piss off any quick tempered dads yet today?

other than jay murphy?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bcbasketball20 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:05 pm

whats the starting 5 this year?????
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum