recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:40 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
myles kennefick {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
1. Hoffses has been working directly with and around the program for about a decade now. Of course he is going to get some news. He's earned the trust. This Adam Finkelstein hasn't and isn't going to be fed breaking recruiting news by the BC staff. Period. I mean the fact that Hoffses hasn't commented on it says a lot IMO.

2. Just because we were still in the "top 3" doesn't mean we weren't told we were a distant 3rd. Top 3 doesn't mean jack.

I'm not saying I don't want the kid. I'd pull the scholarships of everyone on the team right now to get this kid.

I hope it's not the case. I hope BC didn't just pull the offer because they want to balance the class. We haven't landed a local, top 100 in my lifetime. But this whole situation is fishy.

I like Hoffses and appreciate his insight on rivals, but he's often not the one breaking BC recruiting news (e.g. AJ Turner), and he's certainly not one to sit on twitter all day rushing to be the first to report something. Particularly since I haven't seen any indication eagleaction is his full time gig, and the there's a new staff at BC this year. Finkelstein has also been around, and while he might not be as clued in to the BC staff, he's got his pulse on New England hoops more than Hoffses.

Papa Falzon's reaction on twitter and his comments on the eagleaction message board over the weekend lead me to believe he wanted BC to recruit his son harder, and not that they had no interest in BC any more. I got the sense that he wasn't the priority for BC that he wanted his son to be.

Yeah, Hoffses doesn't break stuff because the best way to stop getting information is to run to twitter to post everything you hear immediately.

And any parent who posts on twitter and message boards about there kids recruitment is just sad.

how do you frikken h00pZ w3ird0z expect to get any top 100 talent if you can't even quote correctly
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:43 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Also, if it is true (which I don't see how it wouldn't be at this point) that BC pulled out of the Falzon sweepstakes, I have to believe BC was given a commitment by either McDuffie or Sharma and they are just waiting to announce it.

If that isn't the case those, our staff is just about as dumb as we thought they were when we hired Christian.

I doubt it is Sharma, since they play different positions, and I doubt it is McDuffie, since there was an earlier report that BC is putting the full court press on soon. It makes no sense not to recruit Falzon hard and take him if he committed. Opportunity here for a great class, why play games with dumbass balancing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Also, if it is true (which I don't see how it wouldn't be at this point) that BC pulled out of the Falzon sweepstakes, I have to believe BC was given a commitment by either McDuffie or Sharma and they are just waiting to announce it.

If that isn't the case those, our staff is just about as dumb as we thought they were when we hired Christian.

I doubt it is Sharma, since they play different positions, and I doubt it is McDuffie, since there was an earlier report that BC is putting the full court press on soon. It makes no sense not to recruit Falzon hard and take him if he committed. Opportunity here for a great class, why play games with dumbass balancing.

I agree 100% with that part. It's why the whole story is fishy as hell.

It's not like we are talking about a Gabe Moton or Danny Rubin here. Falzon would be our highest ranked recruit since **** ********.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby myles kennefick on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:12 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I agree 100% with that part. It's why the whole story is fishy as hell.

It's not like we are talking about a Gabe Moton or Danny Rubin here. Falzon would be our highest ranked recruit since **** ********.

We definitely agree on this. I can't understand BC not recruiting a top recruit who has them in his top 3 and has a planned official visit, and especially can't fathom it when the kids from Newton.

FWIW:
Eric Falzon @ThxuDrNaismith · 21m 21 minutes ago
@smcg2285 @adamfinkelstein This absolutely was leaked by BC. Aaron saw it 1st on twitter with in 5min. Of the family being notified.

Eric Falzon @ThxuDrNaismith · 20m 20 minutes ago
@michaeljkelly82 @adamfinkelstein Then they told someone who told a blogger before they told the family

Eric Falzon @ThxuDrNaismith · 17m 17 minutes ago
@adamfinkelstein Sorry to say the kid saw it on twitter first and not from JC.
myles kennefick
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:15 pm

While I don't understand this decision at all, the Dad needs to have his Twitter box taken away and be given a binkie.

And Christian had better land the other two if he pulled this BS
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:While I don't understand this decision at all, the Dad needs to have his Twitter box taken away and be given a binkie.

And Christian had better land the other two if he pulled this BS

thank you for saying this. i couldn't tell if it was brutal to read because it was on twitter or because of the twitterer
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey Mo'J, Falzon's dad went to Springfield College. Please run with this in some fashion.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:42 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Hey Mo'J, Falzon's dad went to Springfield College. Please run with this in some fashion.

:popcorn
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm

If the scenario that the dad is Twittering about is in fact true, it is further evidence that the hiring of Coach Jim was a big mistake. :dildodog
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:If the scenario that the dad is Twittering about is in fact true, it is further evidence that the hiring of Coach Jim was a big mistake. :dildodog

I don't know. Is it worse to play the recruiting game sloppily and embarrass yourself or not play at all?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:If the scenario that the dad is Twittering about is in fact true, it is further evidence that the hiring of Coach Jim was a big mistake. :dildodog

I don't know. Is it worse to play the recruiting game sloppily and embarrass yourself or not play at all?

you of all people should know this question can't be answered for 3 1/2 years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Is Ryan Day calling plays for the basketball staff too? Everything about this is stupid if true. If the staff thinks he's not good enough then they're the only people on the planet who think we're too good for him, and if they're sure he's going to commit somewhere else they should just tell him no hard feelings if he cancels his visit and commits to Harvard.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

you of all people should know this question can't be answered for 3 1/2 years

don't know what you're talking about.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:12 pm

I, for one, appreciate Jim C for perpetuating the time-honored BC tradition of giving local recruits the middle finger.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I, for one, appreciate Jim C for perpetuating the time-honored BC tradition of giving local recruits the middle finger.

he's only trying to save him from coming to bc to learn about/get addicted to drugs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:18 pm

Dad's twitter further confirms the fact that this guy is an idiot and I don't want him anywhere near the program.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:20 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Dad's twitter further confirms the fact that this guy is an idiot and I don't want him anywhere near the program.

the dad, the kid or both?

the dad's twitter is not a ringing endorsement for anything other than that dad might wear a ty hall's dad type of headgear to the games
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:21 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Dad's twitter further confirms the fact that this guy is an idiot and I don't want him anywhere near the program.

the dad's twitter is not a ringing endorsement for anything other than that dad might wear a ty hall's dad type of headgear to the games

wait does mean if the kid signs we'll have more relatives at the game like rakim's uncle? if so this member of the eo coaching staff is on board. that was the best part of the end of the skinner era
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:22 pm

The dad.

And no way. That kind of person is a dead ringer for the overbearing parent, who cries when his kid doesn't play enough, who influences his kids decisions, who thinks he is bigger and better than everyone around him.

I'm shocked he isn't on twitter asking for an assistant coaching job in order to get his kid to go to schools.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:33 pm

I thought Falzon's dad is a longtime BC fan?

He has every right to be pissed. The kid found out from Twitter that BC wasn't recruiting him. That's piss-poor form. Further, in the cesspool that is college BB, there ain't nothing wrong with a parent being protective. Hell... knowing the kid comes from a decent family should make us want him in the program more. Folks suddenly don't like his twitter feed because it is making JC look bad and possibly doing significant harm to any in-roads he made locally.

I think everyone would have understood backing away from Falzon if we secured a commit from McDuffie. Doing it prematurely reeks of either (a) over-confidence on McDuffie or (b) Spaz-like avoidance of recruiting battles that could potentially be lossed. Nonetheless, whether or not BC is making the right basketball call in moving away from Falzon, it is clear that the manner in which that decision has been enacted has been an unmitigated disaster.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I thought Falzon's dad is a longtime BC fan?

He has every right to be pissed. The kid found out from Twitter that BC wasn't recruiting him. That's piss-poor form. Further, in the cesspool that is college BB, there ain't nothing wrong with a parent being protective. Hell... knowing the kid comes from a decent family should make us want him in the program more. Folks suddenly don't like his twitter feed because it is making JC look bad and possibly doing significant harm to any in-roads he made locally.

I think everyone would have understood backing away from Falzon if we secured a commit from McDuffie. Doing it prematurely reeks of either (a) over-confidence on McDuffie or (b) Spaz-like avoidance of recruiting battles that could potentially be lossed. Nonetheless, whether or not BC is making the right basketball call in moving away from Falzon, it is clear that the manner in which that decision has been enacted has been an unmitigated disaster.

it's like you're not even trying anymore
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Looking forward to Falzon ending up at Harvard and assisting in dragging out that losing streak to a full decade
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:44 pm

1. I suddenly don't like his twitter feed cause it's the first time I've seen it.

2. It doesn't take a overbearing parent to make Jim Christian look bad. We've known that was the case from the get go...did you miss the whole reaction?

3. One sided stories are such a fucking joke.

I know this is the weirdoz thread, hell I know I'm one of them...but I'm supposed to be the irrational hot head here.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Also, don't get mad when ATL comes here and tells everyone that he told us so.

He told us all BC wouldn't bring more than 5 recruits about 3 weeks ago.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:09 pm

:popcorn
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

it's like you're not even trying anymore

He's trying. Defending that idiot father was a good effort. NEVER TWEET ANGRY!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Also, don't get mad when ATL comes here and tells everyone that he told us so.

He told us all BC wouldn't bring more than 5 recruits about 3 weeks ago.

ATL also keeps telling us that he told us so about college football's Josh McDaniel being a good offensive coordinator.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 pm

this whole :clownshoes situation smells like shit. McDuffie isn't a PF, so why the hell not take both? is Diallo really that good where the staff thinks a local Top 100 kid is a waste?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby joesim on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:56 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:this whole :clownshoes situation smells like shit. McDuffie isn't a PF, so why the hell not take both? is Diallo really that good where the staff thinks a local Top 100 kid is a waste?

To be fair Falzon is only listed between 6'7-6'8
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:this whole :clownshoes situation smells like shit. McDuffie isn't a PF, so why the hell not take both? is Diallo really that good where the staff thinks a local Top 100 kid is a waste?

To be fair Falzon is only listed between 6'7-6'8

his scouting report description of "scrappy but not overly strong, athletic or quick with NBA 3 point range" screams Dudley. maybe they wanted Falzon at 3?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bcbasketball20 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm

guys..

maybe the staff didn't think he was good enough. i don't care if he was top 100, his other schools were northwestern and harvard, its not like we said no to a kid who's other 2 were michigan st and unc. maybe the staff just wants mcduffie, and maybe they thought by announcing this, it would show mcduffie that we want him instead of falzon.

that being said, i think now we really need to land mcduffie because if we don't then you can say we should have taken falzon.

i was hearing mcduffie is more of a 4 so that explains the connection.

I'm fine with not taking falzon as long as we get mcduffie.

if we round out this class of 2015 with mcduffie and sharma, it would be a GREAT class of 5. something to get excited about
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum