recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:02 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I thought sbt could have a valuable role on an acc team, too bad

His talent isn't the reason he's gone
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:06 am

I feel like SBT & Diallo would've actually gotten time this year. Losing these players while keeping the Meznieks and Reyes' of the world does not seem like an optimal strategy for a team that did not win an ACC game last year.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:21 am

Not surprised by this transfer other than that it didn't happen right after the season. SBT never felt to me like a true fit within the program, it was more of a marriage of convenience when he left St John's relatively late in the process and needed somewhere to go and we happened to still have open spots. I don't think SBT is the type to be happy as a backup and that's where things were probably headed here, and I am not sure he was as close with the rest of the team as some other players are. I could see him averaging maybe 16-18 points a game in 2 or 3 years if he chooses the right mid-major. The optimistic take here is that he transferred (a la Jordan Daniels) after seeing Graves in person and being passed on the depth chart. I have no idea if that is actually the case, it just makes the timing make sense.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:34 am

HOOPZ WEERDOZ
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 am

Fuck roster balance, this sucks. SBT was an aggressive kid with guts, which is something that this program has been severely lacking. Can't wait to see which soft, 5th-year Euro kid Jimmy Mac brings in as a replacement. I bet he'll be able to hit a lot of 3s in practice.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:21 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Fuck roster balance, this sucks. SBT was an aggressive kid with guts, which is something that this program has been severely lacking. Can't wait to see which soft, 5th-year Euro kid Jimmy Mac brings in as a replacement. I bet he'll be able to hit a lot of 3s in practice.

i would like to add to your bet that the 5th year will NOT wear a headband
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:56 am

Roster balance is the longest running shitty excuse at the heights, followed by "cupboard was bare/young team"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Fuck roster balance, this sucks. SBT was an aggressive kid with guts, which is something that this program has been severely lacking. Can't wait to see which soft, 5th-year Euro kid Jimmy Mac brings in as a replacement. I bet he'll be able to hit a lot of 3s in practice.

i would like to add to your bet that the 5th year will NOT wear a headband

I'll take that bet.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:26 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Roster balance is the longest running shitty excuse at the heights, followed by "cupboard was bare/young team"

Right. When does the article come out about "this is such a young team" and "depleted roster"...jimmy mac just casually turning it into an excuse filled 7 year rebuild
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:34 am

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:LDE:

Wonderful news:

Can I ask a follow up:

Are they both transfers, or is one a 5th year, and one a class of 16 or 17 signing?

How much impact are we looking at with both? Are they both rotation players next year?

That is not a follow-up question, that is a follow-up interview
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:03 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Roster balance is the longest running shitty excuse at the heights, followed by "cupboard was bare/young team"

Right. When does the article come out about "this is such a young team" and "depleted roster"...jimmy mac just casually turning it into an excuse filled 7 year rebuild

i only hope the sarge gets a part of that byline
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:15 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:I thought sbt could have a valuable role on an acc team, too bad

What is the reason?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What is the reason?

he's a headcase with an attitude problem. back in the beginning of the season mrs. mac told us he was benched to try to inspire an "attitude adjustment." i'm guessing the babysitting methods of coach small time didn't work and sbt will take his talents and attitude to another program (and likely succeed as do most talented hoop players that leave this shoddy program)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:he's a headcase with an attitude problem. back in the beginning of the season mrs. mac told us he was benched to try to inspire an "attitude adjustment." i'm guessing the babysitting methods of coach small time didn't work and sbt will take his talents and attitude to another program (and likely succeed as do most talented hoop players that leave this shoddy program)

Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What is the reason?

he's a headcase with an attitude problem. back in the beginning of the season mrs. mac told us he was benched to try to inspire an "attitude adjustment." i'm guessing the babysitting methods of coach small time didn't work and sbt will take his talents and attitude to another program (and likely succeed as do most talented hoop players that leave this shoddy program)

The kid was basically JR Smith and everything that comes with that. It's annoying he left because behind Graves, Robinson and Bowman we have no depth at guard. Milon and SBT weren't awesome or anything, but were more than adequate off the bench.

The big man situation is still a disaster.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:04 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What is the reason?

so all in what exactly did we get from last season:

By minutes played:

1. Carter - ool
2. Robinson - good
3. Clifford - gone
4. Turner - got good run but got very timid towards the end of the season / Carter presumably impacted
5. Owens - What's his status again?
6. Erv - ool
7. SBT - gone
8. Milon - gone
9. Hicks - what's his status? He stopped playing right?
10. Diallo - gone

So out of our top minutes guys, on a winless team, we have 1 good, 1 lets hope hes good, an ool (erv), and 7 gones

not exactly what you'd hope for out of tanking for a year.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:11 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What is the reason?

By minutes played:

1. Carter - ool
2. Robinson - good
3. Clifford - gone
4. Turner - got good run but got very timid towards the end of the season / Carter presumably impacted
6. Erv - ool
7. SBT - gone
8. Milon - gone
10. Diallo - gone

So out of our top minutes guys, on a winless team, we have 1 good, 1 lets hope hes good, an ool (erv), and 7 gones

but lde said that we have a 5th year coming that will save us all. with the 5th year and graves, we'll be battling for at least 13th this year.

has jimmy mac gotten his well deserved extension and pay raise yet?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What is the reason?

By minutes played:

1. Carter - ool
2. Robinson - good
3. Clifford - gone
6. Erv - ool
7. SBT - gone
8. Milon - gone
10. Diallo - gone

but lde said that we have a 5th year coming that will save us all. with the 5th year and graves, we'll be battling for at least 13th this year.

i personally think people are beyond delusional re Graves. not to go all starz...but the guy was a 3 star, and he's gonna be an 18 year old, 160 pound kid going against acc competition. People act like this guy is gonna walk in and carry the team from day 1. and all from youtube clips. Even if he's JRob talent or slightly better, this team is still gonna be a flaming shitshow next year.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What is the reason?

By minutes played:

1. Carter - ool
2. Robinson - good
3. Clifford - gone
6. Erv - ool
7. SBT - gone
8. Milon - gone
10. Diallo - gone

i personally think people are beyond delusional re Graves. not to go all starz...but the guy was a 3 star, and he's gonna be an 18 year old, 160 pound kid going against acc competition. People act like this guy is gonna walk in and carry the team from day 1. and all from youtube clips. Even if he's JRob talent or slightly better, this team is still gonna be a flaming shitshow next year.

sorry - does that make it more interpretatable for you?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What is the reason?

By minutes played:

1. Carter - ool
2. Robinson - good
3. Clifford - gone
6. Erv - ool
7. SBT - gone
8. Milon - gone
10. Diallo - gone

sorry - does that make it more interpretatable for you?

it wasnt necessary, it was more a general observation from months of reading this thread...my feelings about jimmy mac and his message board posting have been quite evident for a while now, as the conductor of the fire jimmy mac train
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Bender on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:54 pm

SBT transferring is not a big problem, the problem is that the program is so pathetic right now and as a result we've become so desperate that we're clinging onto guys who don't belong on this level. Is he probably better than most of our returning players? Yes, but he is overconfident and lacks the physical tools to be a true contributor to a decent ACC team.

I've never been sold on Christian, and his reset on all but two of last year's freshmen isn't instilling me with any more confidence in him as the long term answer. I really hope the school doesn't ever try to use the number of players transferring as an excuse to give him longer to prove himself worthy of coaching on this level. Every day that goes by I feel stronger that Bates, JC, and Daz all need to go.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Bowman is the most interesting incoming freshman IMO. Graves might be good.

The Western Michigan transfer might be OK.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:05 pm

SBT put up 14 @ UVA, 11 @Louisville, 11 v Cuse, 14 @ clemson, and 15 v. GT, we lost every game in the ACC this year, he did this as a freshman, and you're telling me you are sure he lacks the physical tools to be a true contributor to a decent ACC team?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:SBT transferring is not a big problem, the problem is that the program is so pathetic right now and as a result we've become so desperate that we're clinging onto guys who don't belong on this level. Is he probably better than most of our returning players? Yes, but he is overconfident and lacks the physical tools to be a true contributor to a decent ACC team.

You're wrong.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Fuck it, a 6'5'' PF from Directional Michigan should be able to replace his numbers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:29 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:SBT put up 14 @ UVA, 11 @Louisville, 11 v Cuse, 14 @ clemson, and 15 v. GT, we lost every game in the ACC this year, he did this as a freshman, and you're telling me you are sure he lacks the physical tools to be a true contributor to a decent ACC team?

The tools he lacks are north of the neck.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:32 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Bender {l Wrote}:SBT transferring is not a big problem, the problem is that the program is so pathetic right now and as a result we've become so desperate that we're clinging onto guys who don't belong on this level. Is he probably better than most of our returning players? Yes, but he is overconfident and lacks the physical tools to be a true contributor to a decent ACC team.

You're wrong.

He's a jack it up at the rim bench scorer, which he proved last year he was pretty good at.

All I have to go on is when I sat behind the bench multiple times last year, his attitude was absolutely horrific. Maybe it's on the coaches to fix that.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fuck it, a 6'5'' PF from Directional Michigan should be able to replace his numbers.

I think Tava will be a solid starting PF.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fuck it, a 6'5'' PF from Directional Michigan should be able to replace his numbers.

I think Tava will be a solid starting PF.

in three years when youth and lack of a cupboard are starting to get weened off the excuse cheer sheet
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:51 pm

An 18 year old with an attitude issue in an 0-18 season? No fucking shit dude, if you don't have an attitude about losing that much at such a young age, you definitely came here on a raft and I'd like to see your birth certificate or you are a submissive waste of a roster spot with low T
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum