recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:Any news on the Josh Sharma visit?

I think the fact he's leaving without committing isn't a particularly good sign

WHY AM I NOT SHOCKED? If he had committed, you would have said it was too early and someone would poach him.,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:35 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:Any news on the Josh Sharma visit?

I think the fact he's leaving without committing isn't a particularly good sign

In Sharma's case, I don't think it's a particularly bad sign either. He appears to be a very level-headed kid who wants to carefully explore his options so that he feels entirely comfortable with his final decision, and his commitment to take all his visits is part of that. He's visited BC at least a dozen times over the last two years, so he ought to know both the program and the school inside out and upside down by now, and BC is still on his list, which I find at least mildly encouraging. Stanford is certainly serious competition, but who knows? they might have a Richter 7.5 quake while he's visiting. They might even still have some building cracks left over from the Loma Prieta quake (the one that interrupted the World Series). Anyway, since we can't get into his head to see what factors he's weighing in his decision, all we can do is wait.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby sweetriverbaines on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:21 am

I'd be surprised if he didn't sign with BC...In other news..NJ Hoops #5 senior @MarkisMcDuff_ cuts list to 4, VCU, BC, Wichita State and SMU.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 am

sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:I'd be surprised if he didn't sign with BC...In other news..NJ Hoops #5 senior @MarkisMcDuff_ cuts list to 4, VCU, BC, Wichita State and SMU.

St. A's kid?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:58 pm

With them presumably being in good shape with Falzon, Sharma and McDuffie ... I assume this means Jeremy Miller is almost definitely out correct ?

Obv a best case scenario, but is this a case of first 2 to decide gets spots ? Obv should Falzon and Sharma commit first, I assume they back off McDuffie, but should McDuffie commit first and both Sharma and Falzon want to commit afterwards, do they turn one away ? Is the ceiling of the 2015 class 5 or would JC be willing to go to 6 if he could add these 3 understanding he hopes to avoid what Donahue did with his first huge class.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:11 pm

If players of that caliber want to commit and you have open slots and you don't take them you are a moron. This is not Gabe Moton and Danny Rubin we are talking about. Or Lonnie Jackson and Patrick Heckmann, for that matter.

Besides, that shit always works itself out. Planning to account for it by backfilling schollies is dumb in hoop.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If players of that caliber want to commit and you have open slots and you don't take them you are a moron. This is not Gabe Moton and Danny Rubin we are talking about. Or Lonnie Jackson and Patrick Heckmann, for that matter.

Besides, that shit always works itself out. Planning to account for it by backfilling schollies is dumb in hoop.

This. Falzon, McDuffie, and Sharma are all the kind of player BC has to take if he agrees to commit. Roster imbalance like this BC could live with quite nicely.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby myles kennefick on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:01 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:With them presumably being in good shape with Falzon, Sharma and McDuffie ... I assume this means Jeremy Miller is almost definitely out correct ?

Obv a best case scenario, but is this a case of first 2 to decide gets spots ? Obv should Falzon and Sharma commit first, I assume they back off McDuffie, but should McDuffie commit first and both Sharma and Falzon want to commit afterwards, do they turn one away ? Is the ceiling of the 2015 class 5 or would JC be willing to go to 6 if he could add these 3 understanding he hopes to avoid what Donahue did with his first huge class.

It sounds like McDuffie is listening to BC but they're not leading and have some ground to make up. I think it's 50-50 on Sharma and Falzon. I'd be happy with 1 of the 3, ecstatic about 2, and shocked by all 3.

And I don't think there's any way Christian turns down any of them.
myles kennefick
n00b

Postby JConman on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:25 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:With them presumably being in good shape with Falzon, Sharma and McDuffie ... I assume this means Jeremy Miller is almost definitely out correct ?

Two posters on TOS claim JC has pulled Miller's offer since he opened up his recruitment.
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:03 am

Miller's recruitment has been the polar opposite of Donovan Mitchell's, as far as I can tell. He might end up wishing he hadn't decommitted from BC.
:screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:02 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Miller's recruitment has been the polar opposite of Donovan Mitchell's, as far as I can tell. He might end up wishing he hadn't decommitted from BC.
:screamyeagle

Correct. Poster in the know said Christian visited Miller after being hired and when Miller confirmed his commitment, Christian affirmed he still had the offer. One week later Miller decommitted, and then Christian pulled the offer. See ya kid.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 am

That's a shame about Miller. Overplayed your hand, young man.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:57 am

Miller is not a guy for whom I would unbalance the scholarships. 6'9'' jump shooter. The other three, on the other hand, take as many as you can get.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby sweetriverbaines on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:52 am

Markis McDuffie Set To Visit Wichita State
79 minutes ago
VCU hosted highly ranked three-star prospect Markis McDuffie last weekend. This weekend it is Wichita State's turn.
Boston College and SMU are also heavily involved with the 6-7, 185-pound small forward from Jersey City (N.J.) St. Anthony High School.
Although SMU and VCU have the predictions in his Crystal Ball, Boston College is a school to watch because of proximity to McDuffie's home.
A scorer who is also comfortable handling the basketball, McDuffie is ranked No. 131 by 247Sports and No. 142 in the 247Sports Composite.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:47 pm

A real wild group of 4 for that guy, both location-wise and just type of school. I guess BC and SMU are kind of similar, maybe.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:07 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}: I guess BC and SMU are kind of similar, maybe.

Dont tell Craig "I hate BC and am a dick" James
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:22 pm

if we strike out on both Sharma and Falzon, Jeremy Miller would be a solid option. it's odd that we're in a position to turn down 4-star talents, regardless of the fact that it's a 6'9 shooting guard.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:if we strike out on both Sharma and Falzon, Jeremy Miller would be a solid option. it's odd that we're in a position to turn down 4-star talents, regardless of the fact that it's a 6'9 shooting guard.

Apparently Miller has fallen off from a lot of schools though. Had a terrible AAU season.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:32 am

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:if we strike out on both Sharma and Falzon, Jeremy Miller would be a solid option. it's odd that we're in a position to turn down 4-star talents, regardless of the fact that it's a 6'9 shooting guard.

Apparently Miller has fallen off from a lot of schools though. Had a terrible AAU season.

Miller always seemed to be a project in that he supposedly had very good athleticism but wasn't yet good at the whole playing basketball thing. His stats have always been rather pedestrian. Also... I always worry when I hear about a big man who likes to hang around the outside. With big men, if they let themselves get pushed off the blocks in HS, they have very little chance at the higher levels. Even big men who can shoot are only effective if they also have an inside game.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:

Miller always seemed to be a project in that he supposedly had very good athleticism but wasn't yet good at the whole playing basketball thing. His stats have always been rather pedestrian. Also... I always worry when I hear about a big man who likes to hang around the outside. With big men, if they let themselves get pushed off the blocks in HS, they have very little chance at the higher levels. Even big men who can shoot are only effective if they also have an inside game.

this makes me want to post a picture of john oates banging on the post
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby sweetriverbaines on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 pm

3 star PF Markis McDuffie will visit #BCEagles Oct 17 @EAHoffses
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby sweetriverbaines on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:07 pm

Boston College On October 17
104 minutes ago
According to 247Sports contributor Zack Spears, class of 2015 wing Markis McDuffie will take an official visit to Boston College the weekend of October 17th.
The Jersey City, NJ native took an official visit to VCU this past weekend and he is scheduled to take an official visit to Wichita State this coming weekend.
Eagles head coach Jim Christian visited with McDuffie on September 11th as the head coaches from Wichita State, SMU and VCU also stopped in to meet with the three-star small forward that week.
Currently, the VCU Rams hold a sizable lead on McDuffie's Crystal Ball projections. However, this current Boston College coaching staff has done a fantastic job in terms of securing commitments from players who take official visits to Chestnut Hill so McDuffie's trip in mid-October will be one to watch closely.
McDuffie has a 247Sports Composite rating of .9001 making him considered to be a three-star prospect. He is ranked as the seventh best prospect in the state of New Jersey in the class of 2015 as well as the 27th best small forward in the country.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby sweetriverbaines on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 am

BC no longer recruiting Aaron Falzon per sources. Eagles appear to be targeting Markus McDuffie & Josh Sharma to round out class. Per Adam Finkelstein.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:23 am

sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:BC no longer recruiting Aaron Falzon per sources. Eagles appear to be targeting Markus McDuffie & Josh Sharma to round out class. Per Adam Finkelstein.

Make a decision like that and you had better not miss. They have enough scholies for three players of that caliber.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby sweetriverbaines on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:25 am

Hearing @BCJimChristian @coach_pmurph and Scott Spinelli are rolling 3 deep up to St. Anthony's (NJ) to see 2015 wing Markis McDuffie.
Eagles have made a late push to position themselves nicely, and have an official visit set for the weekend of October 17th with McDuffie per Zak Spears
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby BCHerbert on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:27 am

The staff is getting ballsy.....

Adam Finkelstein@AdamFinkelstein · 11m 11 minutes ago

BC no longer recruiting Aaron Falzon per sources. Eagles appear to be targeting Markus McDuffie & Josh Sharma to round out class.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby sweetriverbaines on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:BC no longer recruiting Aaron Falzon per sources. Eagles appear to be targeting Markus McDuffie & Josh Sharma to round out class. Per Adam Finkelstein.

Make a decision like that and you had better not miss. They have enough scholies for three players of that caliber.

Seems pretty crazy considering how much they have invested. We'll see how this plays itself out...
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:55 am

I think you have to wonder whether Falzon decided he wanted to go to Harvard and that initiated the stop to his recruitment. Who knows though?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:57 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I think you have to wonder whether Falzon decided he wanted to go to Harvard and that initiated the stop to his recruitment. Who knows though?

That never crossed my mind. Why wouldn't he have announced? Maybe he just excluded BC.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum