recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:21 pm

‘21 F Devin McGlockton from GA committed tonight. No real D1 basketball offers. Apparently a really good football TE.

Kid is crazy athletic and just destroyed an AAU Tournament.

Looks crazy athletic from the highlight reel.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:44 pm

I don't know how this kid went under the radar. He is first team all state in the highest division in the state and went to a high school that is regularly hosting all sorts of AAU events. Maybe everyone assumed he was going to play football. Good job by Grant.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BConway on Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:02 am

Just saw his HUDL HL. Looks decent but tough to tell because competition seemed low.
Last edited by BConway on Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:03 am

247 suggests we had interest (but no offer) in football
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:37 pm

It’s a long shot for this kid to see significant ACC minutes. That said, there is a Jared Dudley-like feel to his recruitment. I have always lamented the recruiting calendar accelerating by 18-months as it forecloses on players who are developing and maturing. Hopefully, this is a signal that we are getting back to physical play.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It’s a long shot for this kid to see significant ACC minutes. That said, there is a Jared Dudley-like feel to his recruitment. I have always lamented the recruiting calendar accelerating by 18-months as it forecloses on players who are developing and maturing. Hopefully, this is a signal that we are getting back to physical play.

I’m fine with like 1 of these dart throws. Usually they end up like VBJ or Mike Sagay. Already have two guys on this roster who were dart throws that I feel pretty comfortable saying shouldn’t be anywhere near the ACC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Jay Heath to Arizona State. I want to say best of luck to him, but a big part of me also wants to say ‘fuck Jim Christian’ even though it’s barely related
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:06 pm

Another new commit today. Guard Kanye Jones. Shitty offer list. Following Grant from Charleston. Better hope he does a lot better on the transfer market because this kid reads as Avery Wilson 2.0.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:30 am

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Another new commit today. Guard Kanye Jones. Shitty offer list. Following Grant from Charleston. Better hope he does a lot better on the transfer market because this kid reads as Avery Wilson 2.0.

He looks more like a basketball player than Wilson did. Longer and more athletic from what i can see. Doesnt mean he will be good but better chance than Wilson.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:26 am

Both of these guys also have pretty good shooting motions which Jim always had trouble finding
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:39 am

This recruiting is super discouraging to the point I’m already souring on this hire and it’s been about a week. Just bank the scholarships for ‘22 or go the 1 year grad transfer route.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This recruiting is super discouraging to the point I’m already souring on this hire and it’s been about a week. Just bank the scholarships for ‘22 or go the 1 year grad transfer route.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This recruiting is super discouraging to the point I’m already souring on this hire and it’s been about a week. Just bank the scholarships for ‘22 or go the 1 year grad transfer route.

I dont really understand what you want instead? These are late 21 signings. Not a ton of guys available and we need to balance the roster a bit. Did you expect him to come in and flip a 5* recruit from Duke? Let him get a few freshman in here to develop and of course he will add veteran transfers. He wasnt left with many options after the mass exodus of players.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:51 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:

I dont really understand what you want instead? These are late 21 signings. Not a ton of guys available and we need to balance the roster a bit. Did you expect him to come in and flip a 5* recruit from Duke? Let him get a few freshman in here to develop and of course he will add veteran transfers. He wasnt left with many options after the mass exodus of players.

He told you what he wants and doesn't want. He doesn't want any of the kids that Grant has recruited. None of the above. He wants schollies offered ONLY to one year grad student transfers (a 22 year old one-and-done) and then try fresh next year with a really strong frosh class.

That is the option.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:53 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:

Don't fill out a roster with guys that are stuck here for 4 years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

with the ease of the transfer portal, no one is stuck for 4 years. that said, it would be nice to use said portal to bring in better instead of sending out worse
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

with the ease of the transfer portal, no one is stuck for 4 years. that said, it would be nice to use said portal to bring in better instead of sending out worse

If they don't want to leave it ain't easy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:18 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

He told you what he wants and doesn't want. He doesn't want any of the kids that Grant has recruited. None of the above. He wants schollies offered ONLY to one year grad student transfers (a 22 year old one-and-done) and then try fresh next year with a really strong frosh class.

That is the option.

How are we getting a really strong 22 class? Speak it into existence? Beggars cant be choosers. We need bodies. We need roster balance. We cant have a team of 8 grad transfers and 1 freshman. Grad transfers leave and we are in the same position again, another year of grad transfers.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:24 pm

It doesn't matter. Signing terrible players as frosh is always a mistake. You're stuck with them. You don't fill out a roster with shitty freshman. Ever. Gabe Moton was here for like 40 years.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

That is the option.

How are we getting a really strong 22 class? Speak it into existence? Beggars cant be choosers. We need bodies. We need roster balance. We cant have a team of 8 grad transfers and 1 freshman. Grad transfers leave and we are in the same position again, another year of grad transfers.

Why would you want to recruit crappy 2021 freshmen (that no other ACC school wanted) who have no business playing power-7 basketball (let alone, ACC basketball?) That is crazy. You don't just give freshmen schollies because you have to fill roster spots. You recruit the cream of the crop, or don't recruit them. Just go get 22 year old grad transfers who lost their starting position to a freshman blue chip. Get the young men who are pissed and angry and vengeful, even if they are only here a year.

BC should never be in a begging position with respect to hoop. They are in the ACC. They can offer a blue chip athlete an ACC resume against ACC talent. That should be able to put them ahead of almost everyone else in 28 or 29 of the other division-1 conferences. Just because Don and Mac couldn't do it, doesn't mean that no one can.

That said "we" aren't going to do anything. This is Earl Grant, not "we." If all Earl Grant can do is recruit CAA level talent, then he needs to go back to the CAA.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:34 pm

He can bring in CAA players to fill out the roster if they aren't going to be here four years from now. Roster flexibility is more valuable to a new coach on a rebuild than the stupid concept of roster balance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:46 pm

there are over a thousand kids in the portal this year, you can make your own roster balance
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:37 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:there are over a thousand kids in the portal this year, you can make your own roster balance

Jonah Hill {l Wrote}:"student athletes" in the collegiate transfer portal are overlooked for a variety of biased reasons and perceived flaws. Grades, criminal record, illiteracy. Earl Grant and mathematics cut straight through that. Claver of the 1000 kids in the transfer portal this year, I believe there is an ACC championship team of 12 transfers that we can trick into attending Boston College. Because every other power-7 coach has given up on them. Like a Chestnut Hill of Misfit thugs.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It doesn't matter...

I knew meatballs would have an impact on you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It doesn't matter. Signing terrible players as frosh is always a mistake. You're stuck with them. You don't fill out a roster with shitty freshman. Ever. Gabe Moton was here for like 40 years.

If we dont sign "crappy freshman" then we wont ever have a recruiting class. This is BC not Duke. Lets wait until 22 and we will get 4 and 5* players all over the place. 22 kids are breaking down the doors to come here.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:13 am

BConway {l Wrote}:... 22 kids are breaking down the doors to come here.

why - have they already announced another coaching change? the thread that let me know if we hired a new coach today seems to have dried up so if we have announced a new coach for 22, could you let me know where i can read about it?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am

BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It doesn't matter. Signing terrible players as frosh is always a mistake. You're stuck with them. You don't fill out a roster with shitty freshman. Ever. Gabe Moton was here for like 40 years.

If we dont sign "crappy freshman" then we wont ever have a recruiting class. This is BC not Duke. Lets wait until 22 and we will get 4 and 5* players all over the place. 22 kids are breaking down the doors to come here.

This is a recipe for terrible.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

This is a recipe for terrible.

Agreed the above is a terrible idea. By all accounts Thompson who was recruited by JC is still coming next year.

The ‘21 recruits could pan out, but had 0 interest from peer schools and we don’t need more Avery Wilson/Gabe Moton’s
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:34 am

Moton transferred out after his Sophomore year...
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:20 am

luka has been here for 20 years tho
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010