recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:...the old dead guy board ...

who's the dead guy? i want to make sure no one needs to receive any points for it

[insert generic EA/EagleinATL poster here]

#gallopingfrozenhead
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Is there news on Sharma? There is supposedly someone on the EA BB board saying that he has dropped BC. I can't find anything online. Though it seems Wisco just picked up a PF. Adding everything up (coupled with his dad's job transfer)... it would suggest that his last visit won his services.

Onto Plan C (i.e. Donahue level recruits.). Can't wait

No one could be worse than beeker.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:58 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Is there news on Sharma? There is supposedly someone on the EA BB board saying that he has dropped BC. I can't find anything online. Though it seems Wisco just picked up a PF. Adding everything up (coupled with his dad's job transfer)... it would suggest that his last visit won his services.

The current class would have been one of beeker's best efforts, without landing anyone else.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The current class would have been one of beeker's best efforts, without landing anyone else.

That's not good. Its like saying Beeker's classes would've been #1 in the NESCAC. The current class is not good in the realm of the conference we play in. I feel like people forget around here that we play in the ACC...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:37 pm

I don't want to rationalize JC's mediocre recruiting so far, but I don't think they are worried about losing Sharma. I think they would rather load up on transfers.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I feel like people forget around here that we play in the ACC...

That's why we keep you around.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:02 pm

ATL: you don't like this class as currently constituted? Does adding McDuffie do anything for you, if it happens?
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:36 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That's not good. Its like saying Beeker's classes would've been #1 in the NESCAC. The current class is not good in the realm of the conference we play in. I feel like people forget around here that we play in the ACC...

I hate agreeing with eepstein0 but I have to in this case.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:15 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't want to rationalize JC's mediocre recruiting so far, but I don't think they are worried about losing Sharma. I think they would rather load up on transfers.

So we're going to suck this year and next? Seems like a good strategy for a new coach.

The transfer thing has worked (see Iowa St)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:48 am

I'd also note that an obscure thing called "playing defense" will instantly make this team a lot better with no recruits. Adding a rim protector, teaching defense and instilling some offensive principles beyond "dribble off your foot" and "chuck threes" will go a long way.

If ATL is suggesting that the coaching staff is poo-poo-ing local top 100 talent like Sharma and Falzon in favor of transfers, well then I look forward to the next coaching staff, which will be here soon. The only good thing about the hiring of this underwhelming shitty basketball staff was the prospects for recruiting in the area. Now all of a sudden the deepest basketball recruiting area in the country over the past couple of years gets ignored for transfers?

Sounds like an excuse.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:58 am

Yeah, this is starting to feel a lot like Donahue -- ignoring locals, rejecting committed 4 star kids. It reeks of trying to make sure you have enough excuses to stay employed the length of your contract.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd also note that an obscure thing called "playing defense" will instantly make this team a lot better with no recruits. Adding a rim protector, teaching defense and instilling some offensive principles beyond "dribble off your foot" and "chuck threes" will go a long way.

If ATL is suggesting that the coaching staff is poo-poo-ing local top 100 talent like Sharma and Falzon in favor of transfers, well then I look forward to the next coaching staff, which will be here soon. The only good thing about the hiring of this underwhelming shitty basketball staff was the prospects for recruiting in the area. Now all of a sudden the deepest basketball recruiting area in the country over the past couple of years gets ignored for transfers?

Sounds like an excuse.

don't forget, atl also thinks Ryan Day is Chip Kelly 4.0.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:29 am

if we strike out on Sharma and McDuffie, I think we should take Miller. if nothing else, he is an ACC level backup. and maybe he'll live up to his four-star potential. low risk considering there's 7 spots to fill and only 3 of them are occupied.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:31 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:ATL: you don't like this class as currently constituted? Does adding McDuffie do anything for you, if it happens?

I don't know enough about any recruits to know if this class is any good. With McDuffie it would seem good on paper.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd also note that an obscure thing called "playing defense" will instantly make this team a lot better with no recruits. Adding a rim protector, teaching defense and instilling some offensive principles beyond "dribble off your foot" and "chuck threes" will go a long way.

Sounds like an excuse.

The gossip is that Spanelli and Murphy are recruiting hard locally but JC's not the greatest closer. I think it is a shame that we cannot do better locally.

Supposedly the transfer strategy is that you can get some older players right away and win faster. I also think like Iowa State and GW, there is the belief that with transfers you can more readily project how they will play in the ACC because you have some data about them at a high level.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:54 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

The gossip is that Spanelli and Murphy are recruiting hard locally but JC's not the greatest closer. I think it is a shame that we cannot do better locally.

Supposedly the transfer strategy is that you can get some older players right away and win faster. I also think like Iowa State and GW, there is the belief that with transfers you can more readily project how they will play in the ACC because you have some data about them at a high level.

This is like Texas hiring a shitty football coach and deciding to go the JUCO route because the shitty coach cant' close local prospects.

Excuses.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:04 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

Does this surprise anyone? This was a crappy hire from the beginning so hearing shit like this is what I would expect from MR. .500 at TCU.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:26 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

I wont delve into sirius bizness but this absolutely shouts agenda from Mo'JTL
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:29 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Mo'JTL

:whammy
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:36 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

You mean Mrs. Chip Kelly 4.0 might have agenda?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:37 pm

You mean hiring good assistants and a dogshit head coach leads to the assistant coaches doing a good job on the recruiting trail and the head coach doing a dogshit job of closing?!?!?!?

TELL ME MORE!!!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:47 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:You mean hiring good assistants and a dogshit head coach leads to the assistant coaches doing a good job on the recruiting trail and the head coach doing a dogshit job of closing?!?!?!?

TELL ME MORE!!!

Are you sitting down?

There was an article in yesterday's Herald with quotes from said dogshit head coach about how good Dennis Clifford looks.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:51 pm

unbelievable.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:54 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:You mean hiring good assistants and a dogshit head coach leads to the assistant coaches doing a good job on the recruiting trail and the head coach doing a dogshit job of closing?!?!?!?

TELL ME MORE!!!

Are you sitting down?

There was an article in yesterday's Herald with quotes from said dogshit head coach about how good Dennis Clifford looks.

anything on caudill being in the best shape of his life?

i'm thrilled patrick ewing is back and will be performing at his high level
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:56 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

TELL ME MORE!!!

Are you sitting down?

anything on caudill being in the best shape of his life?

i'm thrilled patrick ewing is back and will be performing at his high level

“I think he’s the most mentally tough guy that we’ve got, to come back from those injuries,” Christian said. “It’s not an easy thing for anybody to do, but to me, he’s back full-go. He’s been great. He understands his body and he competes everyday.”
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:08 pm

I hope everyone doesn't get too excited when they go 15-15 this year and say "you see, Coach Jim is a really good coach, look what he did with an 8 win team."
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Boston College 8 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:47 pm

can people be like other boards and just be positive about this team. we are getting better recruits than the last 4 plus years. does anyone else see that. right now turner, milon, and robinson is a solid class. an acc class. can everyone just be happy for once.
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby Boston College 8 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:50 pm

yeah and if we get mcduffie this would be our best class since 2008. if we get Sharma and Mcduffie it would be our best class since the 1990's. and that is in year ONE. does anyone get that. give me a break. if you're already saying he's a bad coach or a bad recruiter just get off this site. do something better with your time than complain about this team. if you're gonna be on this then be positive for once.
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:55 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

I don't know if you can call it an agenda. I think Christian is better than Don and will be an okay-ish coach and gone in a few years of his own volition. As far as me spreading rumors about Spanelli or Murphy to carry favor with them, I don't know either and haven't tried to cultivate anything from them. The gossip I get on the staff comes from people who cannot spread it themselves.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:yeah and if we get mcduffie this would be our best class since 2008. if we get Sharma and Mcduffie it would be our best class since the 1990's. and that is in year ONE. does anyone get that. give me a break. if you're already saying he's a bad coach or a bad recruiter just get off this site. do something better with your time than complain about this team. if you're gonna be on this then be positive for once.

I, for one, welcome Coach Pitino to EO. Pull up your pants, I mean, a chair.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum