recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

recruiting 2014 and beyond h00ps weird0s beat off list

Postby AlexKotovor on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:04 am

Hey quick question for you guys in year 3 and beyond. How soon did Wirtz retire for you? He retired in my first off season and was curious to see if this is unusual.
AlexKotovor
n00b

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby floocher on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:12 am

TRE,

I keep forgetting what a pompous twot you are. What consistency!!
floocher
n00b

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:53 am

Wait...Floocher is still a thing? Apparently protective custody has access to the Interwebs. Go figure.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:20 pm

floocher {l Wrote}:TRE,

I keep forgetting what a pompous twot you are. What consistency!!

hey b0mo... does this count as irony?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Offer out to 2016 Alpha Diallo.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Bumpers on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:31 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Offer out to 2016 Alpha Diallo.

Everything I've read says we should wait until next year for Beta.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Marfo looking to Sept visits

Dale McDuffie
GoJackets.com Staff

BABC power forward Kevin Marfo had a successful AAU season that resulted in new offers. The Worchester, MA recruit is enjoying the remainder of his summer, with his family, before he begins cutting his list and setting up visits.

Marfo has recently received offers from Fordham, Pittsburgh, and Providence. “I feel that my successful AAU season really paid off and it helped me get noticed.”

Most of the schools that have offered Kevin have stayed in touch with him. “George Washington, St Josephs, Georgia Tech, St Mary’s, Georgetown, Minnesota, Xavier, and Boston College are the schools that have kept in touch with me.”

Kevin has talked with Georgia Tech Coach Brian Gregory. Coach Gregory has invited Kevin to come down for a visit. “He wants to show me the school and talk to me about the system he runs.” Coach Gregory likes Kevin at the four.

Other schools are also looking at Kevin to play the three and five. “I’m intrigued by the combination of basketball and academics that Georgia Tech offers.”

Marfo has yet to set up any visits. “I’d like to spend some time at home and then get with my parents to set up September visits.” Kevin hopes to take all five of his official visits. He may also take some unofficial visits to schools in his area.

It is too early, in Kevin’s mind, to name any favorites. He wants to first take his visits and then talk it over with his family. “I don’t want to make any school think I’m not considering them right now.” Kevin feels he’s still in the formative stage of his recruitment.

A decision in the early signing period is still planned by Marfo. There is a possibility that the visits may push his decision back to the late signing period. “I just want to make the right decision and not hurry into that decision.”

Kevin feels that his recruitment is going the way he wants it to go. “It picked up after my junior year at Worchester Prep and it’s picking up even more now after the AAU season.”

------

Xavier already took Tyrique Jones, exact same type of player. GT's coach only has a job because the school didn't want to pay his buyout. I would think Georgetown has higher ranked priorities? Minnesota has been pretty strong on the recruiting trail since they hired Pitino. :shrug
Marfo played for BABC and in NEPSAC but is actually from New Jersey. Visited unofficially earlier in the summer. Rebounding machine!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm going to go ahead and predict that Marfo commits to BC.
He's the kind of local player that Christian can realistically land.
Don't stop shooting for the Gabriels.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:35 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:I'm going to go ahead and predict that Marfo commits to BC.
He's the kind of local player that Christian can realistically land.
Don't stop shooting for the Gabriels.

The staff should be able to have an honest discussion with Gabriel. Hey look Duke, UNC, Kentucky and Kansas have offered. Are you still interested or are we wasting our time here?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:44 am

Richard Fruedenberg, a 6-foot-8 forward out of Germany, will take three unofficial visits in the next six days, he tells Scout. Freudenberg is set to visit Vanderbilt on Thursday, St. John's on Saturday and then Boston College on August 11th. While those are the only schools Freudenberg will see during this trip to the United States, he does plan to come back to take official visits. "I'm thinking about some official visits to Texas, Miami and Florida," Freudenberg told Scout. "Maybe at the beginning of September, but I'm not sure if I have the time with school and practice here in Munich," he added. Just 16 years old, Freudenberg averaged 5.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in the 2015 U18 European Championships.

Has family in Boston and visits here for vacations which helps us.

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby longdistanceeagle on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:09 am

Bruce Brown on campus today.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:52 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
Richard Fruedenberg, a 6-foot-8 forward out of Germany, will take three unofficial visits in the next six days, he tells Scout. Freudenberg is set to visit Vanderbilt on Thursday, St. John's on Saturday and then Boston College on August 11th. While those are the only schools Freudenberg will see during this trip to the United States, he does plan to come back to take official visits. "I'm thinking about some official visits to Texas, Miami and Florida," Freudenberg told Scout. "Maybe at the beginning of September, but I'm not sure if I have the time with school and practice here in Munich," he added. Just 16 years old, Freudenberg averaged 5.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in the 2015 U18 European Championships.

Has family in Boston and visits here for vacations which helps us.

If Frudenberg spurned us at the last minute and then went to another program and failed and we then felt good about it, that would be Schadenfreude about Freudenberg.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:26 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Bruce Brown on campus today.

BC have any chance here? Certainly doesn't seem like it.

The German kid is really good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Bruce Brown on campus today.

BC have any chance here? Certainly doesn't seem like it.

The German kid is really good.

LDE do you have any info on guys that the staff think are close to committing. I believe you mentioned that Marfo was expected to commit on his visit, and since then he has started to see increased interest (PC, Minnesota, Pitt have offered since). Are they still pursuing Gabriel or does the staff feel that is a lost cause at this point despite the connections to BC.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:01 am

Sonny Johnson ‏@sonnyjohnson32 9h9 hours ago
https://youtu.be/W6i9vJFGh7g Willie Jackson will have a Official Visit to Boston College on September 24

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby longdistanceeagle on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:10 am

The staff is still very confident about Marfo and Willie Jackson.Marfo actually is their priority. They continue to recruit Gabriel but aren't too confident about him. They figured they needed to get him early before his recruitment reached new levels. Apparently the prep school coaches discourage their players from committing during the summer. They want the college coaches to have to recruit in the fall so that they need to come to the prep school. They then advertise this and use it as a selling point that college coaches are coming to their schools so that they can recruit kids to their school. Kind of a circular process.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:49 am

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:The staff is still very confident about Marfo and Willie Jackson.Marfo actually is their priority. They continue to recruit Gabriel but aren't too confident about him. They figured they needed to get him early before his recruitment reached new levels. Apparently the prep school coaches discourage their players from committing during the summer. They want the college coaches to have to recruit in the fall so that they need to come to the prep school. They then advertise this and use it as a selling point that college coaches are coming to their schools so that they can recruit kids to their school. Kind of a circular process.

Thanks for the info, we appreciate it.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:31 am

Marcus Helton ‏@MarcusHelton 13h13 hours ago
Coolidge (DC) 2015 G Justin Route (DC Premier) said he plans to take official visits to Southern Cal, Boston College in October. #DMVhoops

We've been after this guy for a while. Also, that 2015 is a typo, it's 2016 :screamyeagle

------------

Re: Freudenberg: (from a St John's writer 3 days ago)

In the active Gaucho's Gym, with the action of the Big Strick Classic roaring in the background, the Rumble's Kenneth Garner caught up with Richard Freudenberg, a 6'8" forward in the class of 2016 who is visiting a select set of high-major NCAA schools, including St. John's, where he concluded an official visit tonight.

"[The visit] has been great," Freudenberg said. "I met with the whole coaching staff [and] the academic advisor.... I'm looking for good academics and a good school basketball-wise where I can develop my game."

For Freudenberg, the academic aspect is key. When speaking to Draft Express earlier this week after the Under-18 European Championship tournament, the forward noted that his family wants him to get an education - which is what makes the NCAA an attractive option as opposed to the European professional system, which emphasizes basketball over studies.

The Johnnies got the second crack at convincing him after Vanderbilt earlier this week. He's headed up to Boston College for a visit, and then back to Germany.

While he also has Texas and Gonzaga on his list, St. John's is in the mix as one of his leaders. Can he be a part of Chris Mullin's rebuilding class?

followed this morning by:

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 1h1 hour ago Ossining, NY
2016 F @RichardFreudenb tells @SNYtv he enjoyed his visit to BC yesterday. "Very good academics.' Visited St. John's over weekend.

------

Adam Finkelstein ‏@AdamFinkelstein 17m17 minutes ago
ESPN 100 PF @WenyenGabriel tells @ESPNRNHoops he has cut his list to 5 - Duke, Kentucky, UConn, Providence & Maryland

Adam Finkelstein ‏@AdamFinkelstein 15m15 minutes ago
Gabriel's visit dates:
Maryland: 9/4 - 9/6
Kentucky: 9/25 - 9/27
Duke: 10/16 - 10/1
UConn & Providence TBD

I say Gabriel is doing us a favor, let's focus on guys we can get. Let Cooley waste the next 2 months chasing him around.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:31 am

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:49 pm

This is some really solid news for the program over the past few days:

Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:03 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:This is some really solid news for the program over the past few days:

Yeah but Jarreau and Gresham were dead the second Preston left, Matthews' list implies we weren't all that interested (look at his 6 teams), and we all know what happened with the Gabriel situation. I actually am not worried about any of those 4 (and I worry about everything).

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:53 pm

#STRecruiting: 6-9 Shandon Goldman feels strongly about Clemson going into visit
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2015/ ... rtsTalk%29

Goldman said he also likes Boston College and he could take a visit there if he doesn’t close the deal with Clemson this weekend. He also has offers from Utah State and Sam Houston State.

-------------
List season continues!
http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/ ... t-williams

spoiler:
The 6-foot-8 big man is now considering ten schools: Boston College, Charlotte, Harvard, Princeton, Rice, Richmond, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Wofford, and Yale.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:#STRecruiting: 6-9 Shandon Goldman feels strongly about Clemson going into visit
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2015/ ... rtsTalk%29

Goldman said he also likes Boston College and he could take a visit there if he doesn’t close the deal with Clemson this weekend. He also has offers from Utah State and Sam Houston State.

-------------
List season continues!
http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/ ... t-williams

spoiler:
The 6-foot-8 big man is now considering ten schools: Boston College, Charlotte, Harvard, Princeton, Rice, Richmond, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Wofford, and Yale.

Texas Tech, Harvard and Yale....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 11m11 minutes ago
2016 PF Kevin Marfo cut his list to: Boston College, DePaul, G Tech, G Washington, Minnesota, Pitt, Providence, Rhode Island, St Joes, UMass

----

Winning this kind of recruiting battle is the difference between being middle of the ACC and bottom of the ACC. :screamyeagle

-----------

Sonny Johnson ‏@sonnyjohnson32 Aug 14
WILLIE JACKSON
Sept 10-11-12-13 Temple PA

Sept 18-19th go back 20th Missouri

Sept 25 26 27 Boston College

Oct 9th-11thPenn St

---

Well, there's your competition for Jackson. He'll be here for the NIU game. Penn St has been recruiting well lately and Missouri always seems to recruit well despite all the self-sabotage.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby cremins on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:05 am

how did the visit go with Richard Freudenberg?
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:19 am

It's hard to determine what we want for next class until we see who pans out in this class. The obvious is big man, but some guys coming on campus will turn out great and others won't. You may find that you need another wing, even though based on projections, there should be a lot of depth there. You also may find that there is no backup PG for Graves, so you might have to go there.

As much as I want a big rebounding PF, I'd like them to take a few months to evaluate this roster.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 am

Adam Finkelstein ‏@AdamFinkelstein 47m47 minutes ago
St. Andrew's (RI) & @thebabc rising sophomore Cole Swider is visiting Boston College today

Class of 2018.

-------------------------

List season is not always kind (and may be over after this). Maliek White set up visits and BC isn't one of them. Not the end of the world as we already have a 2016 point guard, but a little bit surprising.

-----------------------

Re: Biggie Goldman
http://theclemsoninsider.com/2015/08/19 ... ial-guest/

You can basically skip to the last sentence here. If it were to happen, this would be the first Stan Heath recruit I would have to imagine.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:43 am

Ty Graves is pretty jacked. He's the one with 77 on his shirt. Mods feel free to move to sleeveless boys board if you wish.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby GlorytoBC on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 am

Auburn's two other commits are rated as 2* on Scout.com Heron is quite a pickup though.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum