recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby commavegarage on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:20 pm

no.

wouldnt we have gotten him last year if he wanted to play for christian?

i seem to recall academics being an issue
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:31 pm

iwnh
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:33 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:no.

I recall that as well.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:no.

I recall that as well.

No. The issue was was that Ohio prevented him from following JC to BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcmurph on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:20 am

GoodmanESPN Jeff Goodman
Cornell transfer Shonn Miller met with UConn, Illinois, & Boston College on Thursday and Michigan yesterday, per source. Eligible next year.
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:21 am

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 20h20 hours ago
Rafael Maia, who is graduating from Brown and enrolling elsewhere, has already met with Pitt, Boston College and Rice, per a source.

Cal, Stanford, Nebraska, Georgia Tech and others are also interested in Rafael Maia (9.9 ppg, 8.7 rpg this past season at Brown).

-----
He's listed as 6'9 245. I rate this guy a notch below Shonn Miller but either would be a good pickup for us. :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:46 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 20h20 hours ago
Rafael Maia, who is graduating from Brown and enrolling elsewhere, has already met with Pitt, Boston College and Rice, per a source.

Cal, Stanford, Nebraska, Georgia Tech and others are also interested in Rafael Maia (9.9 ppg, 8.7 rpg this past season at Brown).

-----
He's listed as 6'9 245. I rate this guy a notch below Shonn Miller but either would be a good pickup for us. :screamyeagle

Maia is supposedly a tough player and doesn't mind getting physical. We need a guy that can mix it up and doesn't mind grabbing some boards down low.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:58 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:

-----

Maia is supposedly a tough player and doesn't mind getting physical. We need a guy that can mix it up and doesn't mind grabbing some boards down low.

I dont care if he has a Caudill level offensive game or not but he led the Ivy league in rebounds last two years so ill take him on that reason alone. Also, yes please on that kid from Cornell, he was a walking double-double this season he would get a lot of minutes for us and start at either the 3 or the 4.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:40 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:

-----

I dont care if he has a Caudill level offensive game or not but he led the Ivy league in rebounds last two years so ill take him on that reason alone. Also, yes please on that kid from Cornell, he was a walking double-double this season he would get a lot of minutes for us and start at either the 3 or the 4.

We need both....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:09 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:

-----

We need both....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 am

Haven't we had enough Cornell leftovers?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Haven't we had enough Cornell leftovers?

Do some research, Google is your friend.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Haven't we had enough Cornell leftovers?

Do some research, Google is your friend.

I'm glad you've stopped being "downright pleasant" as the sirius intern put it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Iowa about to offer Michael Edwards.

Jaycee Hillisman is OVing to SJSU this week
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:16 am

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-go ... nsfer-list

Nothing substantial here but a couple of names jumped out at me on the list aside from the ones already mentioned, Jordan Daniels is a grad transfer, and Ge'Lawn Guyn as well, who didn't do much at Cincinnati but who I remember us being interested in 4 years ago.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

Nothing substantial here but a couple of names jumped out at me on the list aside from the ones already mentioned, Jordan Daniels is a grad transfer, and Ge'Lawn Guyn as well, who didn't do much at Cincinnati but who I remember us being interested in 4 years ago.

Daniels would be a good fit to backup Hanlan. Hanlan playing 40 minutes a game isn't going to work if BC wants to compete in the ACC. He was fine, but never cut out to start in the ACC due to his size
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

Daniels would be a good fit to backup Hanlan. Hanlan playing 40 minutes a game isn't going to work if BC wants to compete in the ACC. He was fine, but never cut out to start in the ACC due to his size

you really think hanlan is going to play 40 of the 48 minutes next year?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:23 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

he's not taking all 40 of Rakim Sanders minutes. not as a rookie.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

he's not taking all 40 of Rakim Sanders minutes. not as a rookie.

Sanders is lighting up Italy, not Greece. Although they might meet on the Euroleague
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The only places Hanlan will play are BC, Greece or the D-League.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonChillage on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:40 pm

I want Angel Nunez from Gonzaga. 6 8 athletic PF who never got good minutes because of their stacked front court. Started at Lousiville. Actually think we'd have a good shot if interested.
"I love this moment so much I want to have sex with it"
BostonChillage
n00b

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 am

@AdamZagoria: Providence transfer Tyler Harris is considering these 10 per his dad:
Arizona
UConn
Ga Tech
Ok State
Auburn
Nebraska
Tenn
BC
UMass
La Salle
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:25 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:@AdamZagoria: Providence transfer Tyler Harris is considering these 10 per his dad:
Arizona
UConn
Ga Tech
Ok State
Auburn
Nebraska
Tenn
BC
UMass
La Salle

Good luck
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Another 2016 target for those keeping track:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rec ... ong-start/

We're still in the hunt on this one! :screamyeagle

DevonTe Brooks ‏@DBrooksSBN 42m42 minutes ago
2016 Coolidge SF Justin Route (@DucciBoyRoute) will visit USC and Boston College soon. @MarcusHelton

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Another 2016 target for those keeping track:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rec ... ong-start/

We're still in the hunt on this one! :screamyeagle

DevonTe Brooks ‏@DBrooksSBN 42m42 minutes ago
2016 Coolidge SF Justin Route (@DucciBoyRoute) will visit USC and Boston College soon. @MarcusHelton

He seems like a good athlete and he handles it well.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:06 am

I see that Rick Brunson's kid is a Mickey Ds AA after winning Mr. BB for Illinois and is committed to Jay Wright.

It got me thinking... what ever happened to Rick Brunson transferring to BC? He was a Mickey Ds AA out of Salem who picked Temple over everyone. He was supposed to transfer to BC after his frosh season (would have been eligible a RS Soph the year Danya made Dean Smith cry by killing Derrick Phelps). Anyone remember what happened there and why it never went forward?
http://articles.philly.com/1992-04-01/s ... ck-brunson
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I see that Rick Brunson's kid is a Mickey Ds AA after winning Mr. BB for Illinois and is committed to Jay Wright.

It got me thinking... what ever happened to Rick Brunson transferring to BC? He was a Mickey Ds AA out of Salem who picked Temple over everyone. He was supposed to transfer to BC after his frosh season (would have been eligible a RS Soph the year Danya made Dean Smith cry by killing Derrick Phelps). Anyone remember what happened there and why it never went forward?
http://articles.philly.com/1992-04-01/s ... ck-brunson

his philly based massage therapist must have changed her mind and allowed him to continue as a patient.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/men ... ae071.html

In 1992, Rick Brunson had a knee-jerk reaction that nearly changed the course of his life.

Brunson, who had just completed his first year as a Temple basketball player, was suffering from a typical case of freshman-itis when he walked into John Chaney's office and told the legendary coach that he wanted to transfer.

Brunson, who had been one of the most sought-after high school players in the country just a year before, expected Chaney to soothe him - convince him things were going to be better the next season.

Chaney's reaction, however, was just the opposite.

The demonstrative coach immediately shouted at his secretary to bring him the necessary transfer forms.

"I was looking for like a lifeline," recalled Brunson, smiling, "and this guy just throws me out of there."

Brunson had all but transferred to Boston College when, at the last second, he had a change of heart. Brunson came to realize that Chaney's tough-love approach was the best thing for him.

In the end, it was Brunson who was begging Chaney for a chance to come back.

The decision to stay at Temple wound up being one of the biggest of Brunson's life. Brunson flourished at the school - on and off the court - and became joined at the hip with Chaney, a man whom he now considers as close as a blood relative.

The 35-year-old Brunson laughs when he tells the story about Chaney - but it's exactly that kind of real-life experience that has made him such a valuable addition to coach Dave Leitao's staff. In his first season as Director of Basketball Operations, Brunson has been the ideal sounding board for players - especially the younger ones who may not always be able to comprehend where the fiery Leitao is coming from.

"He has a lot of knowledge," said senior captain Sean Singletary of Brunson. "If you don't understand something, you can always go to him."

Brunson, who was co-MVP at the McDonald's All-America game with Chris Webber in 1991, is certainly a guy who can garner kids' attention. His resume speaks for itself.

At Temple, Brunson helped lead the Owls to the NCAA Tournament in each of his four years, teaming with future NBA players Eddie Jones and Aaron McKie.

Brunson wasn't blessed with tremendous athletic ability or talent - he just knew how to ball. He went on to play for eight teams in a nine-year NBA career before retiring in 2006 to work as a player development coach for the Denver Nuggets.

He was considered a coach on the floor by the likes of former New York Knicks and Houston Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy.

"His status alone - knowing that he's been successful at a high level - that just makes you listen a lot more," said sophomore Calvin Baker. "You always listen to coaches, but when he says something you tend to really listen."

One of Brunson's fondest NBA memories was being part of the 1999 New York Knicks team that went to the NBA finals. That year, the Knicks were in turmoil most of the season before squeaking into the playoffs as a No. 8 seed.

Latrell Sprewell was unhappy that he wasn't starting. Marcus Camby was ticked that he was barely playing. And Van Gundy and Ernie Grunfield, the team's general manager, had a falling out.

But somehow the team came together at just the right time, upsetting the Miami Heat in the first round before going on its run to the finals.

"Some guys resented Jeff Van Gundy," Brunson said, "but everybody respected him, and the most important thing was that we got along as a team. We fought for each other, cheered for each other, cared for each other.

"That's the thing I try and relate to these kids. I say no matter what's going on between you and Coach Leitao, remember those are your teammates and guys you go into battle with everyday."

Per NCAA rules, Brunson isn't allowed to do any actual coaching in his role as Director of Basketball Operations. At practice, he can be seen standing on the sidelines taking notes. Brunson's duties include making travel and meal arrangements, organizing summer camps and coordinating recruiting contacts for the Virginia coaching staff.

One of Brunson's biggest contributions is serving as a liaison of sorts between the players and Leitao.

"My job is to build a relationship with these young men so that they come to me whether they're having problems on the court or off the court," Brunson said. "I got a call from one kid at 12 o'clock at night who said, 'Why am I not playing- Why am I not playing [well]-'

"I'm there for them. I always leave my phone on."

Because of his pedigree and connections within basketball circles, Brunson - who interviewed for the head-coaching position at Temple in 2006 - doesn't seem like a guy who would remain at the bottom of the totem pole with the Virginia program for very long. His goal is to be a college head coach and he'll likely have assistant offers pouring in before long.

But Brunson is no rush.

"I'm a patient guy; I'm a secure guy," Brunson said. "I played at the highest level and made some money.

"I don't want to just jump in the water. I like to know what I'm doing and this is the perfect job for me. I like the kids. I'm comfortable with Dave. I'm a loyal guy. I'm not going to be one of these coaches who jumps around."

Brunson's mentor and father figure certainly didn't. Chaney - who coached for 24 years at Temple - and Brunson talk at least once a week.

Chaney and Leitao have a lot in common, according to Brunson.

"The similarities are the passion that they have for winning and the passion they have to improve each day," Brunson said. "The biggest thing that I've learned from Dave is that he allows his assistant coaches to be themselves and coach, which is hard for a head coach sometimes.

"I've been around a lot of head coaches where you never heard their assistant coaches talk or giving input. Here it's more of a team trying to work as one."
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:08 am

No one but me seems to think this has a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway. 8-)
Apparently he has a visit set up at St. John's.
:screamyeagle

------
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The father of Tennessee forward Tariq Owens says the 6-foot-10 freshman is seeking his release and plans to transfer.

Renard Owens said Thursday that his son made the decision after meeting with new Tennessee coach Rick Barnes.

ESPN first reported that Owens would ask for his release.

Owens, who is from Odenton, Maryland, averaged 1.2 points, 1.1 rebounds and 7.6 minutes per game this season. He played in 28 games and made five starts.

Barnes was introduced Tuesday as Tennessee's new coach. He is replacing Donnie Tyndall, who was fired Friday after going 16-16 in his lone season. Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart said he fired Tyndall after determining the NCAA was likely to find the coach committed major violations while coaching Southern Mississippi from 2012-14.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:00 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:No one but me seems to think this has a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway. 8-)

Don't take it personally. No one thinks that ANYTHING good has a chance of happening for the hoops program.

BTW... thanks TRE. I couldn't remember why it didn't go forward.
Last edited by HJS on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:43 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:No one but me seems to think this has a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway. 8-)

Don't take it personally. No one thinks that ANYTHING good has a chance of happening for the hoops program.

I'm actually in your corner here I think this is a possibility
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum