recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:26 pm

MaroonNgold, if you were the current AD at BC what would you do to save the program?
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:32 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:MaroonNgold, if you were the current AD at BC what would you do to save the program?

he would quit because no one should have to work for leahy. come on chubby chaser - try to keep up
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:56 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If beeker sign Michael Jordan I will be pissed. Get. The fuck. Out.

Back, as always, to the question y'all can't realistically address:

And who will replace him?

If I'm following your ramblings correctly and I'm almost certainly not because they are internally inconsistent, the great crime was firing Al and the very bad Donahue hire didn't much matter. I don't understand the leap from Al's firing to irreversible program ruination. Specifically, On what planet is bc basketball in worse shape now than it was after your boy JOB lit a cigarette next to the gas pump on his way out the door?

Please realistically address this question.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well now, 9903, let's take a look at some FACTS, as opposed to vacant accusation.

1. You say JOB "lit a cigarette next to the gas pump on his way out the door."

A. Care to explain that?

B. Leahy dismissed HIM; Jim did not choose to leave BC, where he was a star player and which he loved. HE did nothing to harm the program. Instead, when he was let go, his class of 4 prized recruits all decided, on their own, that BC was no place for them. And Scoonie Penn held Jim in such high esteem that he elected to transfer to OSU and wait out a year. The loss of all those players is due to Leahy's rash, temper-tantrum action when his lower the admissions policy for athletes was revealed in the Globe.

C. Those, my boy, are the FACTS.

2. As to the Al firing:

A. Almost all the chirpers on this and similar boards were doing four years ago what y'all are doing now: savaging the head coach and demanding his ouster.

B. You got what you wanted, and now you're stuck with a program plummeting to the bottom of the basketball ocean. So, what do you do? Why, of course, you revert to the visceral, tired insults and coach bashing.

C. My point is that the axing of Al DID have long-term negative effects on the program. Want some? Here are just two:

(i) Look at our record since he left (even considering that AL'S players got Don into the NCAA in 2010-2011).

(ii) Check the BYU-like roster we now have: four blacks out of 17. Do you think that is a coincidence? How do you explain that? We are nowhere near getting the quality of player that Al, JOB and their predecessors brought here. Why is THAT?

D. Sure, had BC been able to hire a first-rate coach to succeed Al, the disintegration of this program might not have happened. But the harsh reality is that NO such coach wanted any part of this place. Why is that? Take a guess.

E. Donahue was hired because of what he did in his last 4 years at Cornell. Understandably, the press he got made him "hot" then. But did he beat out any front-line coach? Yes, he did, in Bill Coen and Ed Cooley, whom GDF interviewed but would not touch with a 1000 foot pole, because their "sin" was their connection to the coach whom GDF and Leahy stupidly fired.

In sum: The question I keep asking - and which y'all duck because you have NO answer is: who will come here if Don is let go?

Answers, please - if you have any.

Otherwise, save us the Pavlovian insults - you only demean yourselves with them.

:spaz2

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:11 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well now, 9903, let's take a look at some FACTS, as opposed to vacant accusation.

A. Care to explain that?

B. Leahy dismissed HIM; Jim did not choose to leave BC, where he was a star player and which he loved. HE did nothing to harm the program. Instead, when he was let go, his class of 4 prized recruits all decided, on their own, that BC was no place for them. And Scoonie Penn held Jim in such high esteem that he elected to transfer to OSU and wait out a year. The loss of all those players is due to Leahy's rash, temper-tantrum action when his lower the admissions policy for athletes was revealed in the Globe.

2. As to the Al firing:

A. Almost all the chirpers on this and similar boards were doing four years ago what y'all are doing now: savaging the head coach and demanding his ouster.

B. You got what you wanted, and now you're stuck with a program plummeting to the bottom of the basketball ocean. So, what do you do? Why, of course, you revert to the visceral, tired insults and coach bashing.

C. My point is that the axing of Al DID have long-term negative effects on the program. Want some? Here are just two:

(i) Look at our record since he left (even considering that AL'S players got Don into the NCAA in 2010-2011).

(ii) Check the BYU-like roster we now have: four blacks out of 17. Do you think that is a coincidence? How do you explain that? We are nowhere near getting the quality of player that Al, JOB and their predecessors brought here. Why is THAT?

D. Sure, had BC been able to hire a first-rate coach to succeed Al, the disintegration of this program might not have happened. But the harsh reality is that NO such coach wanted any part of this place. Why is that? Take a guess.

E. Donahue was hired because of what he did in his last 4 years at Cornell. Understandably, the press he got made him "hot" then. But did he beat out any front-line coach? Yes, he did, in Bill Coen and Ed Cooley, whom GDF interviewed but would not touch with a 1000 foot pole, because their "sin" was their connection to the coach whom GDF and Leahy stupidly fired.

In sum: The question I keep asking - and which y'all duck because you have NO answer is: who will come here if Don is let go?

Otherwise, save us the Pavlovian insults - you only demean yourselves with them.

THIS IS WHAT THE COMMITTEE FOR A NEW DIRECTION IN BOSTON COLLEGE ATHLETICS ACTUALLY BELIEVES

dum dum dum dum dum
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:51 pm

I can't believe I waited for that whole message to marquee across the screen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I can't believe I waited for that whole message to marquee across the screen.

Me neither.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Poor Roonie. How old does a person have to be to have graduated from BC before you even had to know what a fact is? Do you think he even remembers what it's like to wear underpants that aren't advertised for their absorbency?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If beeker sign Michael Jordan I will be pissed. Get. The fuck. Out.

If I'm following your ramblings correctly and I'm almost certainly not because they are internally inconsistent, the great crime was firing Al and the very bad Donahue hire didn't much matter. I don't understand the leap from Al's firing to irreversible program ruination. Specifically, On what planet is bc basketball in worse shape now than it was after your boy JOB lit a cigarette next to the gas pump on his way out the door?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. Care to explain that?

2. As to the Al firing:

Scoonie Penn had failed out of Boston College so there was no future for him at BC. Since you got a basic fact wrong hard to believe the rest of it. :ace

MORE revisionist history, this time from Logi.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:MaroonNgold, if you were the current AD at BC what would you do to save the program?

The most important thing he must do is rehab BC's rep for integrity, especially among other schools.

If that happens, an outreach to necessary parties can begin.

This is just the beginning of a long haul.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:21 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

The most important thing he must do is rehab BC's rep for integrity, especially among other schools.

Is bates hiring another school as the next basketball coach? I'd like to see Donahue replaced by one of the up and coming SUNY satellites.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:08 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

A. Care to explain that?

2. As to the Al firing:

Scoonie Penn had failed out of Boston College so there was no future for him at BC. Since you got a basic fact wrong hard to believe the rest of it. :ace

MORE revisionist history, this time from Logi.

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:56 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

Necessary parties? Please elaborate.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:12 am

you morons are all going to hate yourself for the continued nospacing you're engaging in...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:24 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I can't believe I waited for that whole message to marquee across the screen.

Me neither.

thirded
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Me neither.

thirded

i was looking for a fast forward button

:pepper2 :pickle :banana :elephant :spaz2 :spaz3 :chewbanka
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:37 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

----------------------------

Hey, Owl, even you surely can identify the categories of people and organizations and groups on which successful college coaches rely to keep the recruiting pipeline productive.

Yours, I'm afraid, is a Who's buried in Grant's Tomb sort of question.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:17 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

Hey, Owl, even you surely can identify the categories of people and organizations and groups on which successful college coaches rely to keep the recruiting pipeline productive.

I heard that Al and Ed Cooley had lunch today.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

did they talk about anything other than ed cooley's hair
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

did they talk about anything other than ed cooley's hair

The black community. Duh.

Oh, and mock turtlenecks probably.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:58 pm

How does Coach Don keep his job?
Only in America.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Just noticed that Nat Dixon is playing both football (WR) and basketball (SG)...
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:55 pm

StayBlessed {l Wrote}:Just noticed that Nat Dixon is playing both football (WR) and basketball (SG)...

Does is doing a better job at recruiting than Donahue.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:57 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
StayBlessed {l Wrote}:Just noticed that Nat Dixon is playing both football (WR) and basketball (SG)...

Does is doing a better job at recruiting than Donahue.

True...Daz is pulling double duties. :bowdown
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby joesim on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Where'd you see this?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:

Where'd you see this?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/bostoncollege/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2014

Onahue really puttin' in the hours on the recruiting trail
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby mjago410 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:

Where'd you see this?

Addazio under-recruited for this class, and that is not Nahue's fault.
mjago410
n00b

Postby larrydoby on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Hire Papile as an assistant coach
larrydoby
n00b

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:04 pm

mjago410 {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:

Where'd you see this?

When did the weird0s drop the "O" too, I'm so out of the loop
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
mjago410 {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:

Where'd you see this?

It was Hansen's first contribution (non-HANSENPOST!!) in years.

There is widespread speculation plagiarism occurred.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
mjago410 {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:

Where'd you see this?

When the team added shitty offense to the shitty defense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum