recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby shockdoct on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Coaches went to visit Cal U recent decommitt 6-11 PF-C Idrissa Diallo today.

I wish them luck...

It wasn't so much that the talented big man had a soft spot for USC or UCLA, as he was outspoken about remaining in a climate similar to his native Senegal.

A visit from California, though, changed everything.

"Coach Gregg Gottlieb came to my school and told me all about Berkeley. He told me about the university and the academics, and about the Muslim community," Diallo told GoldenBearReport. "That was really important to me."
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:40 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Coaches went to visit Cal U recent decommitt 6-11 PF-C Idrissa Diallo today.

I wish them luck...

It wasn't so much that the talented big man had a soft spot for USC or UCLA, as he was outspoken about remaining in a climate similar to his native Senegal.

"Coach Gregg Gottlieb came to my school and told me all about Berkeley. He told me about the university and the academics, and about the Muslim community," Diallo told GoldenBearReport. "That was really important to me."

If there are two things BC doesn't have, he found them there. Weather like Senegal and Muslims
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:50 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:

I wish them luck...

If there are two things BC doesn't have, he found them there. Weather like Senegal and Muslims

I'm not going to fault them for trying, but best of luck
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Primetime on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Hey, Buzz Williams seems to have no problem getting recruits. Funny how bringing in a coach with a resume and a reputation gets you somewhere in the recruiting game. :hokie :suicide

http://www.gobblercountry.com/2014/4/19 ... ommitments
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 pm

With the deadline looming for signings on May 21, there needs to be a strong push for signings by this staff. Primarily with identifying overlooked and/or undervalued prospects. While of course we can sign people after that date, the fact is that most of the worthwhile prospects can and will sign in the next month. Here's hoping that spinelli and murphy earn their dollars in the next month.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:Hey, Buzz Williams seems to have no problem getting recruits. Funny how bringing in a coach with a resume and a reputation gets you somewhere in the recruiting game. :hokie :suicide

http://www.gobblercountry.com/2014/4/19 ... ommitments

Both formerly signed their LOI to Marquette.

We would probably have a recruit right now if Ohio wasn't obnoxious and released the kid who committed under a different regime from his LOI.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Top 3 for 2014 PG Noah Robotham (BC, Akron, SJSU)
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:50 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:We would probably have a recruit right now if Ohio wasn't obnoxious and released the kid who committed under a different regime from his LOI.

I read somewhere that Ohio would release him if he wanted but only after he met with the new coach.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:We would probably have a recruit right now if Ohio wasn't obnoxious and released the kid who committed under a different regime from his LOI.

I read somewhere that Ohio would release him if he wanted but only after he met with the new coach.

Same thing happened to Chris Lafert (spelling?) who ended up at Michigan. After he met with Christian when he got hired, he got his release from Ohio.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:10 pm

I'll take Robotham and Owens
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:46 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Top 3 for 2014 PG Noah Robotham (BC, Akron, SJSU)

Good basketball school, but why are we in a final with with Akron and SJSU?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Have you forgotten 2010 through like three weeks ago already?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

4 year starter and won Nevada player of the year. He's not the biggest kid 5-10 160 which is probably the cause for no big time offers, but he has about 10 other mid-major offers. For whats left out there I'd take him I guess since pg is a need with Rahon leaving. No one wants to see Lonnie running the point.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:54 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

4 year starter and won Nevada player of the year. He's not the biggest kid 5-10 160 which is probably the cause for no big time offers, but he has about 10 other mid-major offers. For whats left out there I'd take him I guess since pg is a need with Rahon leaving. No one wants to see Lonnie running the point.

Donahue used this logic and it got us Gabe Moton and Danny Rubin. Jordan Daniels was too small and he ended up at Drake.

If not a single other major conference team is interested at this point in the process...

His film looks exactly like Jordan Daniels. Have fun at 5'10" in the ACC. Skills are there, but finishing at the rim at his height is going to be an adventure
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Donahue used this logic and it got us Gabe Moton and Danny Rubin. Jordan Daniels was too small and he ended up at Drake.

If not a single other major conference team is interested at this point in the process...

His film looks exactly like Jordan Daniels. Have fun at 5'10" in the ACC. Skills are there, but finishing at the rim at his height is going to be an adventure

Ty Lawson didn't seem to have trouble at 5'11"

Offers aren't everything dude. Especially in basketball. There aren't as many spots available as there is in football. So while he may not be elite, there is certainly the chance he could be a very good college basketball player even if he only has mid-major offers. After all there are plenty of mid majors who out perform our ACC squad year in and year out.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:49 pm

He was the Nevada HS Basketball POY.

http://www.usatodayhss.com/article/neva ... h-robotham
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I agree that we should ordinarily go after prospects that the major conferences want and can excel at the ACC-level. But at this point, for a late pickup I think he is pretty good. A player like Jordan Daniels would help this team. Also, Bishop Gorman is a very good school to recruit.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I forgot that you were the lead recruiting guru on the site so you are correct. You're right and we should go after Myles Turner instead of the point guard who was a 4 year starter at a top 10 basketball programn in the country and player of the year in his state. Theres so many 4-5 star options left with multiple high major offers im sure Christian will find them!!!! Or lets start the year with one point guard we dont need depth!!
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Real question I have is why does a guy like Elijah Stewart who both ESPN and 247 have as a 4 star really good player only have 1 offer from Loyola Marymount?
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Already said Bishop Gorman is a good basketball school.

I think he's a good player, and at the right level of competition he'd be fine. The ACC is not the right level of competition.

If the players remaining aren't good, then take no one in 2014. That's a better strategy than throwing offers out to mid-major players. We already have plenty of mid-major players on this roster.

Citing the one or two players who are 5'10 and stars in the ACC does not validate the argument.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over this kid, but we'd better not make a habit of competing with Akron and SJSU for players
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:26 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I forgot that you were the lead recruiting guru on the site so you are correct. You're right and we should go after Myles Turner instead of the point guard who was a 4 year starter at a top 10 basketball programn in the country and player of the year in his state. Theres so many 4-5 star options left with multiple high major offers im sure Christian will find them!!!! Or lets start the year with one point guard we dont need depth!!

They're going to be awful this year, backup PG or no backup PG
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Already said Bishop Gorman is a good basketball school.

I think he's a good player, and at the right level of competition he'd be fine. The ACC is not the right level of competition.

If the players remaining aren't good, then take no one in 2014. That's a better strategy than throwing offers out to mid-major players. We already have plenty of mid-major players on this roster.

Citing the one or two players who are 5'10 and stars in the ACC does not validate the argument.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over this kid, but we'd better not make a habit of competing with Akron and SJSU for players

Phew, good thing you weren't in charge 10 years ago.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/bostoncollege/ ... dley-21572

Look at those offers and stars. Mid-major talent right there.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:54 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Already said Bishop Gorman is a good basketball school.

Phew, good thing you weren't in charge 10 years ago.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/bostoncollege/ ... dley-21572

Look at those offers and stars. Mid-major talent right there.

I feel like I'm arguing with a second grader....pointing two an example of something that rarely occurs does not make your point any more valid
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:16 pm

solid commit if they pull it off. while he might not be starter material, he'd be a more than serviceable backup.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Donahue used this logic and it got us Gabe Moton and Danny Rubin. Jordan Daniels was too small and he ended up at Drake.

I'm just going to point out that eppy went full retard on this post. Don landing Moton and Rubin is part of the reason he was fired. The idiot ran off Heslip and decided Bryce Cotton wasn't as good as (Daniels or Rubin). I don't know of this kid is any good (and neither do you), but it is likely that the state's POY is more like Cotton than either Moton or Rubin. Furthermore, if he is the next Jordan Daniels (a player, BTW, I wouldn't mind still having on the team), who the fuck cares? He'd wind up transferring before his Junior season.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:01 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Considering the depth we have a PG right now, the EO coaching staff is not going to get all worked up over competing for a guy w those offers. Though the thought of a player comparable to Jordan Daniels might get HCTWB a little too excited.

Given the assistants Christian pulled in, think this is purely a result of Donahue's stellar 2014 recruiting + our need at PG
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 am

I see eepstein didn't miss a beat despite the holiday weekend.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:13 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Donahue used this logic and it got us Gabe Moton and Danny Rubin. Jordan Daniels was too small and he ended up at Drake.

I'm just going to point out that eppy went full retard on this post. Don landing Moton and Rubin is part of the reason he was fired. The idiot ran off Heslip and decided Bryce Cotton wasn't as good as (Daniels or Rubin). I don't know of this kid is any good (and neither do you), but it is likely that the state's POY is more like Cotton than either Moton or Rubin. Furthermore, if he is the next Jordan Daniels (a player, BTW, I wouldn't mind still having on the team), who the fuck cares? He'd wind up transferring before his Junior season.

Went full retard???? This is standard shit from him. He is clueless.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:30 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Still batting 1.000 over the last few years on talent evaluations
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Still batting 1.000 over the last few years on talent evaluations

hahaha...in your own warped mind.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum