recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:51 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:April_4 @Davisout · 1h 1 hour ago
I have narrator my list from 15 school to 7not in no order
Oklahoma state
Boston college
Texas tech
Texas
South Carolina
SMU
Tennessee

Shawntrez Davis is not immune to the pains of autocorrect. We are the clear outlier on this list!

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

I think the fact that he can start from Day 1 helps
I'm gonna go ahead and say it. We aren't getting this kid.

Probably not but I don't think he actually has those options or community college wouldn't be in the conversation.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Strong suspicion this may be our next recruit in the class of 2015 (i.e. next year):

Michigan Warriors ‏@rblack323 2h2 hours ago
Michael Edwards is in Boston for the Boston/North Carolina game.

Here's also an article from December mentioning BC watching his game:
http://www.hometownlife.com/story/sport ... /20522907/

I first looked at the stars and he's a 2 star aka unranked player from Michigan whose offers are basically Ball State, Akron, and the directional MIchigans schools. But, from the available youtube footage you can see he's big and he can run and jump. I say he would be a good late addition to the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIm4Xz1 ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-T_Ld-EPL0

Reel him in Preston! :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Strong suspicion this may be our next recruit in the class of 2015 (i.e. next year):

I first looked at the stars and he's a 2 star aka unranked player from Michigan whose offers are basically Ball State, Akron, and the directional MIchigans schools. But, from the available youtube footage you can see he's big and he can run and jump. I say he would be a good late addition to the class.

According to rivals he has offers from tcu and ok state
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:12 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Strong suspicion this may be our next recruit in the class of 2015 (i.e. next year):

According to rivals he has offers from tcu and ok state

I guess I'm torn on this kid. He looks ok, but much rather have the Davis kid from GA. I'm seeing a whole lot of him dunking against kids my size in those highlights.

He doesn't look bad by any means tho. I'd certainly prefer him to the German chucker we offered
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 am

He already finishes better than Clifford and he looks like he wants to be in the paint, which is an upgrade.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He already finishes better than Clifford and he looks like he wants to be in the paint, which is an upgrade.

Comparing recruits to our current players isn't a good starting point. I want kids nothing like what is currently on the roster
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He already finishes better than Clifford and he looks like he wants to be in the paint, which is an upgrade.

Comparing recruits to our current players isn't a good starting point. I want kids nothing like what is currently on the roster

siriusepstein post.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

siriusepstein post.

Sorry, just making a point
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Why does it have to be an either-or thing? Is there some superstar Mass recruit in the 2016 class who we are looking really good with (though he recently just picked up a UConn offer)???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Why does it have to be an either-or thing? Is there some superstar Mass recruit in the 2016 class who we are looking really good with (though he recently just picked up a UConn offer)???

The mega class strategy generally doesn't work. Gabriel also mentioned academics will be a big factor, which should ditch UConn
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Why does it have to be an either-or thing? Is there some superstar Mass recruit in the 2016 class who we are looking really good with (though he recently just picked up a UConn offer)???

The mega class strategy generally doesn't work. Gabriel also mentioned academics will be a big factor, which should ditch UConn

What doesn't work is holding spots open for some sort of imaginary superstud recruit who really likes us but is only a junior.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:12 pm

"attempting to find a silver lining as the team is 1-10 and we're getting buried by snow again"

Jeremy Schneider ‏@J_Schneider 2h2 hours ago
T.J. Gibbs (@Tempppp12) says Boston College was in today see him play today #ECTsemis #NJhoops http://nj-ne.ws/J3QeW

Pick us, T.J. !!

New England @RIAFFILIATED · 21h 21 hours ago
Head Coach from BC is here #NEPSAC

Further research suggests "here" was a game between Vermont Academy (Bruce Brown, Tyrique Jones) and St. Andrews (Terrell Brown, not sure if we're recruiting). Providence was there too.

Russ Wood ‏@RussHoops Feb 12
2015 Oviedo (FL) SG Matt Milon (@MattMilon) had 23 pts despite box & one defense against him in a 7A Regional quarterfinal win over Fletcher

Milon's team is competing for the state championship (need 4 more wins):
http://www.fhsaa.org/node/18714

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:03 pm

I think BC has no shot with Gibbs, but I could be wrong.

BC is very involved with Brown and Brown seemingly.

Like Milon a lot, just not sure I want him playing 30+ minutes a night as a freshman. I feel like Rahon with a little more athleticism and size is a good comparison.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:05 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I think BC has no shot with Gibbs, but I could be wrong.

BC is very involved with Brown and Brown seemingly.

Like Milon a lot, just not sure I want him playing 30+ minutes a night as a freshman. I feel like Rahon with a little more athleticism and size is a good comparison.

Milon is a 2 guard and a lights out lefty shooter. Some say the best shooter in the class of 2015. Pretty athletic, not much like Rahon.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:04 am

I'd compare him more to the dude at Cuse.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NaturalLight on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd compare him more to the dude at Cuse.

Cooney? That dude is a stud. I just want recruits like him with huge nut sacs that are gonna fire from NBA range and dunk on peoples' faces. That's entertainment.
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:40 am

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:

Cooney? That dude is a stud. I just want recruits like him with huge nut sacs that are gonna fire from NBA range and dunk on peoples' faces. That's entertainment.

in fairness... you do get to see that sort of action. the problem with it is that it's the bc guys getting posterized nuts in their face
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:52 am

We're apparently showing interest in 6-10 Antonio Vrankovic from Florida, another post player who shows willingness to play inside. Doesn't blow you away with athleticism but seems to have good footwork and is a big guy. It appears the staff has their heart set on adding another big man for the class of 2015, which makes sense to me. Clifford/Magarity/Diallo is not enough, one injury and we're toast inside.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:54 am

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:

Are huge nut sacs the new fluid hips?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:We're apparently showing interest in 6-10 Antonio Vrankovic from Florida, another post player who shows willingness to play inside. Doesn't blow you away with athleticism but seems to have good footwork and is a big guy. It appears the staff has their heart set on adding another big man for the class of 2015, which makes sense to me. Clifford/Magarity/Diallo is not enough, one injury and we're toast inside.

Pass.

Anyone heard any Shawntrez Davis updates? He would make a world of difference
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:We're apparently showing interest in 6-10 Antonio Vrankovic from Florida, another post player who shows willingness to play inside. Doesn't blow you away with athleticism but seems to have good footwork and is a big guy. It appears the staff has their heart set on adding another big man for the class of 2015, which makes sense to me. Clifford/Magarity/Diallo is not enough, one injury and we're toast inside.

Pass.

Anyone heard any Shawntrez Davis updates? He would make a world of difference

he sounds like he would
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:27 pm

he'd be perfect for the josh southern/kc caudill role that always seems to work so well for us
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

he'd be perfect for the josh southern/kc caudill role that always seems to work so well for us

Sadly we agree again
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Sadly we agree again

by the end of the 2015 football season you'll find yourself not liking sports either
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:10 pm

You have to realize, we don't need superstars to improve our team. If we bring in a guy who's better than Cain Carney to be our third-string center, we've improved, because he plays meaningful minutes when we get in foul trouble. I'm pretty sure this guy is better than Cain Carney so I say take him if he will come. We have plenty of open spots.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:31 pm

^ Should I emphasize how poor of thought process this is or is it not worth it?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:48 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:^ Should I emphasize how poor of thought process this is or is it not worth it?

What do you mean? Having a bad player clogging up your roster for 4 years must be better than leaving the spot open or filling it with a 5th year and giving yourself multiple opportunities to get a very good player. Worked for Donahue, right?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:00 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:^ Should I emphasize how poor of thought process this is or is it not worth it?

not worth it
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:11 pm

You don't get any "ideological purity" points for fielding a roster of 6 scholarship players who are all 4 star recruits. A backup who can actually play is a lot better than some Catholic school walk on who will hustle in practice and get dunked on in the games. And you're crazy if you talk about clogging up the roster, half of our scholarships are unfilled.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:You don't get any "ideological purity" points for fielding a roster of 6 scholarship players who are all 4 star recruits. A backup who can actually play is a lot better than some Catholic school walk on who will hustle in practice and get dunked on in the games. And you're crazy if you talk about clogging up the roster, half of our scholarships are unfilled.

They won't be unfilled for all of the next four years that that guy is wasting a scholarship. You don't rebuild by just taking guys as freshmen. If he were a transfer or a senior, fine. No shitty freshmen.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum