recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:29 am

eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BConway wrote:
claver2010 wrote:made final 5 for top 100 pg out of putnam science academy & arlington, ma with miami, gtown, marquette & pc

good friends with gianni thompson

Getting Joseph or Carter Whitt would be huge for the program. Would be absolutely stacked at ball handlers and wings for 21-22.

Carter whitt is looking to enroll in college for spring 2021 semester

Is BC even still involved with Whitt? Not that I think it’ll matter.

He’s tied to Hoiberg and Nebraska right now. It’s a shame too because earlier in the cycle if he had decided to reclassify, BC was the likely leader. Don’t think they’re even in the running now.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 am

Tom Dooder wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BConway wrote:
claver2010 wrote:made final 5 for top 100 pg out of putnam science academy & arlington, ma with miami, gtown, marquette & pc

Getting Joseph or Carter Whitt would be huge for the program. Would be absolutely stacked at ball handlers and wings for 21-22.

He’s tied to Hoiberg and Nebraska right now. It’s a shame too because earlier in the cycle if he had decided to reclassify, BC was the likely leader. Don’t think they’re even in the running now.

If I'm Whitt I probably dont come here either. Tabbs and Heath could have another 3 years here and the older Langford could have another 2 years. Plus Nebraska just had a pretty good freshman PG transfer out. Whitt starts day one and runs the show at Nebraska.
BConway
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:17 am

BConway wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BConway wrote:

If I'm Whitt I probably dont come here either. Tabbs and Heath could have another 3 years here and the older Langford could have another 2 years. Plus Nebraska just had a pretty good freshman PG transfer out. Whitt starts day one and runs the show at Nebraska.

If you’re a good player, you can start here at guard. There’s plenty of room and BC plays a bunch of guards.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BConway on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:14 am

eepstein0 wrote:
BConway wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BConway wrote:

If you’re a good player, you can start here at guard. There’s plenty of room and BC plays a bunch of guards.

Theres really not plenty of room though. Between Tabbs, Heath and the 2 Langfords theres not a clear path to playing time. At Nebraska there is literally nobody in his path to starting and playing 30+ minutes per.
BConway
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:33 pm

BConway wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BConway wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BConway wrote:

Theres really not plenty of room though. Between Tabbs, Heath and the 2 Langfords theres not a clear path to playing time. At Nebraska there is literally nobody in his path to starting and playing 30+ minutes per.

Heath hasn’t played in a basketball game in ~2 years, one Langford had never played college basketball and the other averaged 3 PPG last we saw him. Plenty of room available for good players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 pm

BConway wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BConway wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BConway wrote:

There's plenty of room for not 7-22 guards. Maybe we can get those.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 am

eepstein0 wrote:
BConway wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BConway wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BConway wrote:

Heath hasn’t played in a basketball game in ~2 years, one Langford had never played college basketball and the other averaged 3 PPG last we saw him. Plenty of room available for good players.

Tabbs hasn't played, not Heath. Again my point is if I'm Whitt why would I compete with some established and talented guys when I can run the show at Nebraska with little to no competition? 2 bad teams and 1 of them has a giant hole at his position. It's a no brainer.
BConway
n00b

Postby Primetime on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:47 am

Whitt chose WF a couple of days ago.

I'll agree with the crowded backcourt argument for Whitt...but we really need another 4/5 in this upcoming class. Lots of minutes available, let's see if Jimmy MAC & Co. can make the sale...
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Primetime wrote:Whitt chose WF a couple of days ago.

I'll agree with the crowded backcourt argument for Whitt...but we really need another 4/5 in this upcoming class. Lots of minutes available, let's see if Jimmy MAC & Co. can make the sale...

Thank you! Real content. #firejimmymac :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BConway on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Primetime wrote:Whitt chose WF a couple of days ago.

Seems like BC is trying to get a waiver for Karnik now that Adams is out. If successful that helps this year but in horrible shape for 21-22. Lime you mentioned we need at least another few bigs. Without Karnik we would have a freshman in Thompson, Felder and a big unknown in Vander Baan. Not good at all. Would prefer we go after a rugged big, a guy who rebound and defend to compliment Thompson. Theres no shortage of 6'8 wide bodied rebounder/defenders and we never seem to be able to land a guy like that. I hate being a soft team inside.

As far as Jimmy Mac goes maybe he has a shot to recruit someone. We actually do have some talented guards and wings so it's not impossible for a guy to see us as team that will give him 28 minutes a game immediately.
BConway
n00b

Postby BConway on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:44 am

So with the new rule that winter athletes dont lose eligibility this year, does that mean someone like Steff plays this year and then can come back next year also? Can anyone clarify this for me? Because we could really use another year of that man.
BConway
n00b

Previous

Return to Conte Forum