recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:21 pm

The devil is in the details of these extensions. There’s a lot of panic on here for not much reason.

Did his buyout increase in dollars or years?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:26 pm

I also think JC is mostly fine, but any comment that his teams have always played hard is just a lie.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:They either have to fire him or extend him, having a lame duck coach is entirely self-defeating. They're not firing him so there's your extension.

Unrelatedly, imagine the feeling a hypothetical poster might have if he had entered into a hypothetical bet in which he had wagered our head coach would get fired this summer.

That guy would probably feel like a real loser!

His contract was already running through 2020 so hardly a lame duck. Jarmond has revealed himself as looking to be gone from here in the next two or three years. :ace

Did I miss this revelation?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:54 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The devil is in the details of these extensions. There’s a lot of panic on here for not much reason.

Did his buyout increase in dollars or years?

Yup, all about the buyout. Since JC was not exactly negotiating from a position of strength, it shouldn't be more than a chalupa or two.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:10 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:They either have to fire him or extend him, having a lame duck coach is entirely self-defeating. They're not firing him so there's your extension.

Unrelatedly, imagine the feeling a hypothetical poster might have if he had entered into a hypothetical bet in which he had wagered our head coach would get fired this summer.

His contract was already running through 2020 so hardly a lame duck. Jarmond has revealed himself as looking to be gone from here in the next two or three years. :ace

Jarmond wants nothing to do with putting major hires on his resume as he climbs up the ladder. Two year extension to me says he does not plan to be here when action will needed to be taken on JC. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:24 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Jarmond wants nothing to do with putting major hires on his resume as he climbs up the ladder. Two year extension to me says he does not plan to be here when action will needed to be taken on JC. :ace

I don’t think this logic pans out. Making successful hires is what builds the AD resume.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:43 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

I don’t think this logic pans out. Making successful hires is what builds the AD resume.

It is not a logic view. It is reality. An AD does not necessarily have to make major hires to move up. See the career of Coach Flip. However, making major hires that do not work out can be the end of your career. See Brad Bates. The safe play for Jarmond to move on and up from BC would be a multiple year extension for JC. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:03 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

It is not a logic view. It is reality. An AD does not necessarily have to make major hires to move up. See the career of Coach Flip. However, making major hires that do not work out can be the end of your career. See Brad Bates. The safe play for Jarmond to move on and up from BC would be a multiple year extension for JC. :ace

Extending a coach is a hiring decision. There's a false premise in your faulty syllogism.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Not sure if this had been mentioned here, but Mustapha Heron is withdrawing from draft and has decided to transfer from Auburn. He is originally from West Haven, CT and I believe is leaving because his mother is ill, which would allow him to receive a hardship waiver and play immediately.

Apparently he is a strong lean to transfer to St. Johns, but BC was mentioned by Adam Zagoria and apparently Maryland was under serious consideration when he committed originally so there may be a Spinelli connection there? If the goal is to be closer to his family, I would assume SJU would make more sense. Believe he has played 2 years at Auburn and would imagine he would play one more wherever he decides to go based on his draft consideration this year.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 31, 2018 8:59 am

Adam Zagoria has him visiting bc on saturday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu May 31, 2018 9:12 am

Heron is not exactly the kind of recruit we typically get at BC, to put it mildly, in more than one way

From a basketball perspective, BC makes sense for him
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 31, 2018 9:40 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Heron is not exactly the kind of recruit we typically get at BC, to put it mildly, in more than one way

From a basketball perspective, BC makes sense for him

He's obviously better than Chatman and improves the team basketball wise.

I'm a little nervous on the chemistry impact.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 31, 2018 9:51 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Not sure if this had been mentioned here, but Mustapha Heron is withdrawing from draft and has decided to transfer from Auburn. He is originally from West Haven, CT and I believe is leaving because his mother is ill, which would allow him to receive a hardship waiver and play immediately.

Apparently he is a strong lean to transfer to St. Johns, but BC was mentioned by Adam Zagoria and apparently Maryland was under serious consideration when he committed originally so there may be a Spinelli connection there? If the goal is to be closer to his family, I would assume SJU would make more sense. Believe he has played 2 years at Auburn and would imagine he would play one more wherever he decides to go based on his draft consideration this year.

I'm possibly also going to go all Shaddix here, but St John's can't be that much closer to Waterbury, CT than BC is.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 31, 2018 12:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Not sure if this had been mentioned here, but Mustapha Heron is withdrawing from draft and has decided to transfer from Auburn. He is originally from West Haven, CT and I believe is leaving because his mother is ill, which would allow him to receive a hardship waiver and play immediately.

I'm possibly also going to go all Shaddix here, but St John's can't be that much closer to Waterbury, CT than BC is.

It's about 50 miles further, so negliglible, and the 50 miles might be made up in traffic if you don't hit Sturbridge or Hartford at bad times.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu May 31, 2018 1:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I was stupidly regurgiatating something I read on the boneyard of all places re: distances and repeated it here. The truth is, you're correct that its splitting hairs to say one is closer than the other especially when BC offers the highest conference profile locally (which I imagine is attractive for him to play a year and bail). Apparently he had a very negative view of Yukon coming out of HS, which may have changed with a new staff in place, but he said something along the lines of Yukon being the last place on earth he would want to play when he was originally deciding, they also may not have room for him with all their scholarships used.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu May 31, 2018 1:36 pm

His dad mentioned Fairfield as well. Stag boards are making Rakim comparisons.

http://fairfieldstags.proboards.com/thr ... apha-heron
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 31, 2018 1:46 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:His dad mentioned Fairfield as well. Stag boards are making Rakim comparisons.

He's visiting there on Friday and BC on Saturday.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 31, 2018 2:14 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:His dad mentioned Fairfield as well. Stag boards are making Rakim comparisons.

apparently I've been banned from their forum? weird I don't remember what I could've done to deserve that.

oh well add it to lovely peers like ped state, rcc, boise state & hawaii
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 31, 2018 4:35 pm

sorry microdick, tedwardo has a new plaything
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 31, 2018 4:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

apparently I've been banned from their forum? weird I don't remember what I could've done to deserve that.

oh well add it to lovely peers like ped state, rcc, boise state & hawaii

i'm pretty sure you meatbombed them. i remember providing the links to photographs
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu May 31, 2018 6:41 pm

and the heron has been bagged. That was a fun 22 hours

maybe the tramaine isabell sweepstakes can last through the weekend
Last edited by Corporal Funishment on Thu May 31, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:and the heron has been bagged. That was a fun 22 hours

St John’s outbidding BC is no shocker. Same way he landed at Auburn.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:47 am

BC is a finalist for Trumaine Isabell. Guard who averaged 21 ppg at Drexel and eligible to play immediately.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 am

in a twist, '18 recruit saddiq bey is on campus today. 6-7 195, ranked 131 nationally by 247: https://247sports.com/player/saddiq-bey-46041574

signed an LOI to rcc (don't know the backstory). offers from: u, ncst (obviously), Xavier, pitt, yukon, florida, gt, nw, and a bunch of other schools
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:in a twist, '18 recruit saddiq bey is on campus today. 6-7 195, ranked 131 nationally by 247: https://247sports.com/player/saddiq-bey-46041574

signed an LOI to rcc (don't know the backstory). offers from: u, ncst (obviously), Xavier, pitt, yukon, florida, gt, nw, and a bunch of other schools

He looks awesome.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:53 am

Here's what I have for scholarships below. That leaves 1 spot open for any '18 recruit, transfer or Hawkins. I am assuming if the Hawkins news were to work out they could tell someone to pursue greener pastures.

This team still really needs 1 more impact player to be an NCAA Tournament team.

Guards (5)
Bowman
Chatman
Tabbs
Hamilton (transfer)
Wilson

Wings (3)
Hamilton (freshman)
Baker
Mez

Bigs (4)
Mitchell
Popovic
Reyes
Krejvic
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:in a twist, '18 recruit saddiq bey is on campus today. 6-7 195, ranked 131 nationally by 247: https://247sports.com/player/saddiq-bey-46041574

Unlike the Mustapha Heron situation, this one is straight up BC's (read: Spinelli's) alley

Looks like he visited Wake two days ago, where Danny Manning is still being allowed to play out the string for some reason

This kid can play, although with this last scholarship if Tabbs isn't the real deal one worries that every minute Bowman isn't on the floor next year looks like the end of the Miami game after he fouled out

I think the average expected years on campus for an NC State commit these days is like .4

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:51 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

Unlike the Mustapha Heron situation, this one is straight up BC's (read: Spinelli's) alley

Looks like he visited Wake two days ago, where Danny Manning is still being allowed to play out the string for some reason

This kid can play, although with this last scholarship if Tabbs isn't the real deal one worries that every minute Bowman isn't on the floor next year looks like the end of the Miami game after he fouled out

I think the average expected years on campus for an NC State commit these days is like .4

They'll have both Tabbs and Jared Hamilton, who if you watch him has a pretty decent handle. Hamilton's game is a little odd, but I don't see why it wouldn't play on the ACC level.

I'm sure not a big fan of the 5th year guard deal. It's worked out really poorly for BC and the kids they're looking at have the exact same issues that Carter/Humphrey did.

Edit: I'm leaving out Avery Wilson, who I can't see contributing at all based on the disaster that was his season last year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Bey was featured in a NYT article in March (read while drinking a Long Island ice tea at the pool on spring break) about small high academic high schools and I remember scratching my head when it said he was a RCC commit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nyt ... l.amp.html
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 pm

bey is down to bc, wake & vandy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010