recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby sweetriverbaines on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Southern Miss transfer G Aaron Brown will visit Boston College tomorrow. Big time shooter, would be a great get for the Eagles. Per Zack Spears...
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby JimDog90 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:"Sources tell BGN that two possible destinations for departing F Aaron Brown are Boston College & Rhode Island."

Our last battle with URI for a transfer went well... :roll: :roll:

Go eagles :screamyeagle

Why not be optimistic? 10 ppg scorer on a 27 win C-USA team, 40% 3-pt shooter over his career averaging 100 attempted treys a season; sounds like a solid pick up. Let's see, anything else interesting on his bio...hmmm...
HS: St. Benedict / NJ oh
So we are competing with URI again for a player with pre-existing loyalty to Coach Hurley (again). The parallels are greater then previously presumed. :81
(BCI reported that he wanted to transfer to URI when he decided to leave Temple but Draconian inter-league transfer rules got in the way of that.)
JimDog90
n00b

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 am

This week in AARON WATCH 2014

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 20h
Southern Miss transfer Aaron Brown is considering BC, Minnesota, Oregon, Rutgers, Iona, Southeastern, he tells @SNYtv. Visits BC tomorrow

What's a Southeastern

http://zagsblog.com/articles/aaron-falz ... e-harvard/

Nothing too surprising here

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:36 pm

JimDog90 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:"Sources tell BGN that two possible destinations for departing F Aaron Brown are Boston College & Rhode Island."

Why not be optimistic? 10 ppg scorer on a 27 win C-USA team, 40% 3-pt shooter over his career averaging 100 attempted treys a season; sounds like a solid pick up. Let's see, anything else interesting on his bio...hmmm...
So we are competing with URI again for a player with pre-existing loyalty to Coach Hurley (again). The parallels are greater then previously presumed. :81
(BCI reported that he wanted to transfer to URI when he decided to leave Temple but Draconian inter-league transfer rules got in the way of that.)

Adam Zagoria saying URI has no more room for him (mentions Minnesota as well as not having room)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:43 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
JimDog90 {l Wrote}:

Adam Zagoria saying URI has no more room for him (mentions Minnesota as well as not having room)

Woo hoo, I'm smelling a second place finish here!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Zagsblog

CHICAGO — Aaron Falzon will set visits to Northwestern, Boston College and Harvard, he told SNY.tv on Friday. Falzon said that Stanford and Creighton are also “still in the mix.”

The 4-star power forward played well at the Nike Global Challenge, holding his own against other elite opponents. Falzon created shots, knocked down threes and used his trademark vocal play during a solid weekend.

Now, the Northfield (MA) Mouth Hermon prospect can focus on making his college decision. For his visit schedule, he started with three schools that recruited him with intensity.

Northwestern and head coach Chris Collins already earned two 2015 commits in Dererk Pardon and Jordan Ash. In search of its first NCAA Tournament appearance — which seems close to happening — NU shifted the focus to Falzon. He’s their only current target for the class.

“It’s crazy. They’ve been to every single game,” Falzon said. “We were playing in a tournament in Philadelphia and there were no coaches in the stands except for [assistant coach Patrick] Baldwin. They really love me, I can tell. They’re sending me videos of their kids, saying: ‘We want Aaron.’”

Falzon grew up familiar with Boston College. And though the program struggled in recent years, new head coach Jim Christian is selling him on the rebuilding process. BC has been competitive in other top recruitments, including that of four-star small forward Terance Mann.

“[I would] have the ability to be at home and lead a program that’s been down the last four years,” Falzon said. “I live five minutes away … When I was younger, they were winning, and I could take them back to the heights so it’s very intriguing.”

He’s also looking at in-state Harvard, a program that boasts the academics and the stability. Under Tommy Amaker, Harvard has reached three consecutive NCAA Tournaments.

“If I go there, we’re going to the tournament every year,” Falzon said. “Coach Amaker has done an amazing job bringing Harvard to where it is. It’s making more kids want to play in the Ivy League.”

At the Global Challenge, with a guard-heavy rotation, Falzon was able to work on more traditional power forward play. He said he focused on “adapting to the environment” and defending the four.

The commitment to getting better explains his rapid ascent. And it explains why three schools, or more, are looking at Falzon as a potential program turning player.

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby bcmurph on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Falzon's certainly not lacking for confidence...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:31 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:Falzon's certainly not lacking for confidence...

We need more of that. A lot more
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:27 am

I feel like the weekend of the Friday night Pitt game would be a great time to have recruits on campus, as it should be a good game, night games always have the best atmosphere, and it will be early enough in the semester that the :geek: :ugeek: :geek: won't have tests to study for yet. Would love to see the staff try to get as many guys as possible to visit then. :screamyeagle

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Mann to FSU. Your move w31rd0z.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby mloyko on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:46 pm

Way to close JIm. Way to close.
mloyko
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 pm

:bag :bag
:whiteflag :violin :cry: :couch

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Getting Falzon is going to make or break this class. If he ends up at Harvard or NU then im not expecting much.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby sweetriverbaines on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:36 pm

There must be a post out there that warned everyone about this happening. Bummer...
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:47 pm

WHAT PLACE DID WE COME IN NERDS?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:49 pm

It's borderline funny incompetent this program is, regardless of who's at the helm.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:04 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Getting Falzon is going to make or break this class. If he ends up at Harvard or NU then im not expecting much.

We are screwed either way. We currently have a total of SEVEN empty spots for 2015 (eight if we lose Hanlan) and no idea where these players are coming from.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Christian's already losing leash length with fans.

I can't be mad though, it's the status quo with BC these days. We are a joke.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:53 pm

I thought we had a better chance to land Mann than we do Falzon. Gotta say that I am pretty shocked that he chose FSU. Not that he had to pick BC... but, I felt that his folks wouldn't let him go to a shit school. Guess I was wrong.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 pm

I still think I must be having a nightmare when I see that our fucking coach is some no name baby maker named Jim Christian.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:31 am

good thing we didn't hire any of the competent coaches that expressed interest in the job.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Christian's already losing leash length with fans.

just one or two, or is he losing leash with all 3 fans?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:31 am

Not being sirius is hard.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:36 am

I still need an update on what place we came in with Mann. This is important
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I still need an update on what place we came in with Mann. This is important

based on lists i've seen it's second. i have not received confirmation of whether that's just an alphabetical snafu but i say we take advantage of it and add it to our list of "almost" recruits. right next to patrick ewing and any one of the murphy kids
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:17 am

So who is almost next?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:So who is almost next?

i assume it has to be falzon. *fingers almost crossed*
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:So who is almost next?

Because I'm a glutton for punishment... :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Southern Miss transfer Aaron Brown has a top five and hopes to make a decision in the coming few days, he told SNY.tv by phone Wednesday.

“I hope to decide this weekend,” he said.

The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Brown, who averaged 9.9 points and 4.3 rebounds last season at Southern Miss, is now considering Boston College, Iona, Oregon, Florida State and South Florida. He said some 22 schools reached out to him, but he had to narrow his list.

“Man, I don’t even know which coach is which [who's calling],” he said. “It’s crazy but it’s exciting as well.”

As a graduate transfer, Brown would be eligible immediately for the 2014-15 season, making him appealing for teams who have a late need due to injury or other reasons.

“I’m a valuable piece right now because some teams don’t have a lot of depth,” said Brown, who will be landing at his third school after previously playing two years at Temple. “I’m looking for the right fit to help me in my years after college at the next level.”

Brown, who cancelled a Thursday visit to Rutgers because it wasn’t the right fit, visited BC Monday and Iona Wednesday. He hopes to trip to Oregon this weekend and possibly Florida State at some point. He is also considering USF and head coach Orlando Antigua, who is coaching the Dominican Republic team against Team USA Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.

As for FSU, he said, “I’m trying to figure out something now. They start school on Monday.”

Meantime, he heads to Oregon possibly Friday.

“I really want to out to Oregon and visit Oregon,” he said. “They recruited me when when they were at Creighton [Dana Altman's] staff.”

Meantime, Boston College may be the favorite because they’re in the ACC and relatively close to Brown’s home in Hackensack, N.J.

“BC is definitely sill there,” he said. “It’s the ACC. They’re close to home. It’s the best conference in the country in my eyes. That’s definitely up there in my top five.”

Brown also has ties to Iona, which recruited him out of high school at St. Benedict’s Prep.

“Iona was good,” he said of the visit. “I know Scott Machado and what they did for him and I know Sean Armand. Last time around I didn’t give them a look and I’m keeping all options open.”

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:10 pm

@Zacklopedia

2015 G Matt Milon (6-4) has set an official visit to Boston College for Sept4th-6th. Kid can shoot it. #BcEagles

Getting Milon up here for the night PITT game will be a plus. He also visited during the summer.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Mann is a huge non get. Would have been an impact player at BC since day 1. Losing another fairly local kid as well. The big problem here is that although this kid is a top 75 recruit, we didnt lose him to a big time program. I wont begrudge any local kid who chooses a Duke, Unc, Kentvuky, Kansas...over BC, but we lost him to FSU. A solid, yet unspectacular program. Losing two of your top 3 recruits to URI and FSU is disgusting. I suppose Murphy and Spineeli get a grace period, but these two recruits are EXACTLY the type of kids they were paid alot of money not to let get away. full credit on diallo, elsewhere poor results.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum