how to make nags hoop exciting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20249
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5625

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

That's hot
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 120

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:30 pm

not that anyone gives a shit but holy hell this program has turned embarrassing

some impressive highlights this season:
losses to powerhouses like dartmouth, columbia, bu & fairfield
20+ point loss to maine
30+ point loss to vt
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16938
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2956

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:36 pm

GDF really screwed up women's hoop more than nearly anything else. Fired Inglesse prematurely. Hired the clueless Crawley. Fired her. Now Johnson who doesn't seem to be able to recruit.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 531

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:36 pm

What did buttcut do?
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 493

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:45 pm

2001Eagle wrote:What did buttcut do?


Nothing. He left Johnson alone. So I guess neglect. But GDF hired the past two disasters.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 531

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 am

i couldnt tell you if this team is undefeated or defeated
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7058
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 699

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:56 pm

women's basketball makes men's basketball look like co-ed sailing
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -511

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Let’s see who Jarmond hires.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 62

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:36 pm

I don't think you can read much into the hire unless it's someone like Geno. i will note that Sarah Behn is the head coach at Brown and would assume gets a strong look.
Gov. Romney, when you were asked what is the biggest geopolitical foe facing America, you said Russia. And the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back. The Cold War has been over for 20 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bowhUWl6rxQ
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13515
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 196

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:29 am

It's actually somewhat amazing that a single coach can have a losing record at 4 different schools, but HJS found her.
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -511

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 pm

HJS wrote:I don't think you can read much into the hire unless it's someone like Geno. i will note that Sarah Behn is the head coach at Brown and would assume gets a strong look.


I’ll remind everyone, a prior connection to BC and a terrible record in the Ivy League shouldn’t be enough to get a job at BC
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15423
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -322

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Poached a Great Dane.
http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticl ... =210892788

She's won a lot... but, inherited a program on rock solid ground. Essentially, she just continued the previous success. She has yet shown the ability to do a complete gut renovation (that doesn't mean she can't). While I don't think you can extrapolate Nags Hoops to Football or MBB, it would appear that Jarmond (at the very least) seems to put a premium on prior success. This wouldn't be of note if our previous AD didn't make flagship hires of coaches coming off of poor years.
Gov. Romney, when you were asked what is the biggest geopolitical foe facing America, you said Russia. And the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back. The Cold War has been over for 20 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bowhUWl6rxQ
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13515
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 196

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:42 pm

HJS wrote:Poached a Great Dane.
http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticl ... =210892788

She's won a lot... but, inherited a program on rock solid ground. Essentially, she just continued the previous success. She has yet shown the ability to do a complete gut renovation (that doesn't mean she can't). While I don't think you can extrapolate Nags Hoops to Football or MBB, it would appear that Jarmond (at the very least) seems to put a premium on prior success. This wouldn't be of note if our previous AD didn't make flagship hires of coaches coming off of poor years.


She pretty much had a total rebuild at Pikesville. They won 4 games and were 0-18 in conference two seasons before she got there. I’m cautiously optimistic that this will be a good hire, even if it’s a slow rebuild. Since we know BC won’t pay top salaries, Jarmond looks to be hiring young up and comers. Did the same with the volleyball hire. I’d rather go this route than mediocre retreads.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 62

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Not that I give a shit about women’s hoops, but since I need another agenda I’ll posit the following: if we were going to hire someone from a low conference, why wouldn’t we hire Sarah Behn away from Brown. She apparently inherited a shit show on Federal Hill and has turned them into a competitive program over the last three years. Why do our ADs hate former players who have done well?
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 378

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:Not that I give a shit about women’s hoops, but since I need another agenda I’ll posit the following: if we were going to hire someone from a low conference, why wouldn’t we hire Sarah Behn away from Brown. She apparently inherited a shit show on Federal Hill and has turned them into a competitive program over the last three years. Why do our ADs hate former players who have done well?


I would say it's more College Hill than Federal Hill.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 120

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby BC923 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Not that I give a shit about women’s hoops, but since I need another agenda I’ll posit the following: if we were going to hire someone from a low conference, why wouldn’t we hire Sarah Behn away from Brown. She apparently inherited a shit show on Federal Hill and has turned them into a competitive program over the last three years. Why do our ADs hate former players who have done well?


I would say it's more College Hill than Federal Hill.

Federal Hill is what they call Dago Hill now, right?
BC923
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 384

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 pm

BC923 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Not that I give a shit about women’s hoops, but since I need another agenda I’ll posit the following: if we were going to hire someone from a low conference, why wouldn’t we hire Sarah Behn away from Brown. She apparently inherited a shit show on Federal Hill and has turned them into a competitive program over the last three years. Why do our ADs hate former players who have done well?


I would say it's more College Hill than Federal Hill.

Federal Hill is what they call Dago Hill now, right?


I will say this, while Federal Hill is dingy, I think you can find quality Italian food that beats the faux-Italian in the North End.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 120

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Best italian in boston is in the south end and bay village. Cinquecento, da Vinci, erbaluce
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29582
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2389

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am

twballgame9 wrote:Best italian in boston is in the south end and bay village. Cinquecento, da Vinci, erbaluce


Is this like a Little Italy vs. Arthur Avenue thing?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 407

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am

BCMurt09 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Best italian in boston is in the south end and bay village. Cinquecento, da Vinci, erbaluce


Is this like a Little Italy vs. Arthur Avenue thing?


The places he mentions are in the most expensive sections of Boston. I think Bay Village has the highest price per sq ft. in Boston last I checked. Not like the Bronx.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 120

Re: how to make nags hoop exciting

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 am

MilitantEagle wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Best italian in boston is in the south end and bay village. Cinquecento, da Vinci, erbaluce


Is this like a Little Italy vs. Arthur Avenue thing?


The places he mentions are in the most expensive sections of Boston. I think Bay Village has the highest price per sq ft. in Boston last I checked. Not like the Bronx.


Also those are a couple of isolated restaurants in a relatively diverse restaurant areas, not an entire Italian neighborhood like Arthur Avenue.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29582
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2389


Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Untitled document