Northeastern

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northeastern

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:51 am

b0mberMan wrote:Cadillac do you get this upset when people say Roy Williams can't coach?

Not really and who says I am upset? I am confused more than anything. When it fits people's agenda a good Xs and Os coach is all that matters, when it doesn't success is ascribed to getting talent and motivating or assistant coaches or an empty chair. If someone can explain it to me, I would be thankful.
Cadillac90
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:57 am

Cadillac90 wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:Cadillac do you get this upset when people say Roy Williams can't coach?

Not really and who says I am upset? I am confused more than anything. When it fits people's agenda a good Xs and Os coach is all that matters, when it doesn't success is ascribed to getting talent and motivating or assistant coaches or an empty chair. If someone can explain it to me, I would be thankful.

You can be a terrible Xs and Os coach and still win if you have the horses. See Williams, Roy
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Cadillac90 wrote:

I think people presume BC is not going to lower standards too far for recruiting, nor will they hire someone that is a draw to the McD's crowd every year. Thus, BC needs an X's and O's coach. UNC does not, and Providence can survive without one.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

All of that said, you need some horses. Right now Christian is short a couple.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:58 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:

I think people presume BC is not going to lower standards too far for recruiting, nor will they hire someone that is a draw to the McD's crowd every year. Thus, BC needs an X's and O's coach. UNC does not, and Providence can survive without one.

BC would really have to dumb down the standards to admit some of the kids Providence has lately
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:01 am

Dick Rosenthal wrote:I don’t really root for Notre Dame in basketball. That isn’t to say that I wish them ill, but I have not gotten excited about a Notre Dame basketball team since the days of Kelly Tripucka, Tracy Jackson, Rich Branning, Bill Laimbeer, Tim Andre, Joe Klein and the late, great Orlando Woolridge. That isn’t to say, I did not enjoy the David Rivers-Donald Royal-Gary Voce-Tim Kempton-Scott Hicks iteration that finished off the last iteration of the Michael Jordan-Sam Perkins-Kenny Smith UNC team or the more recent iteration that clobbered Duke in the ACC Championship and almost took out and Kentucky before following that up with taking out Wisconsin the following year, but I don’t go out of May to watch them.

The Bonnies are a different story. I will always root for a scrappy underdog team that does more with a hell of a lot less than it’s Conference brethren. I would like it a lot if BC embraces that attitude vis a vis the rest of the ACC instead of whining about land constraints and local politicians and academic expectations are the reason we can’t have nice things. Would love to see them win the A10 this weekend, which Lunardi thinks would get them up from an 8/9 to a 5 seed.

Congratulations. I know you have nothing but contempt for John Wooden and UCLA so you must be happy. :ace
Logitano
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 am

True dat. Always wondered where “have Sam Gilbert give your players boatloads of cash, hookers and drugs” fit on Wooden’s Pyramid of Success.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum