Northeastern

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northeastern

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:51 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Cadillac do you get this upset when people say Roy Williams can't coach?

Not really and who says I am upset? I am confused more than anything. When it fits people's agenda a good Xs and Os coach is all that matters, when it doesn't success is ascribed to getting talent and motivating or assistant coaches or an empty chair. If someone can explain it to me, I would be thankful.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:57 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Cadillac do you get this upset when people say Roy Williams can't coach?

Not really and who says I am upset? I am confused more than anything. When it fits people's agenda a good Xs and Os coach is all that matters, when it doesn't success is ascribed to getting talent and motivating or assistant coaches or an empty chair. If someone can explain it to me, I would be thankful.

You can be a terrible Xs and Os coach and still win if you have the horses. See Williams, Roy
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I think people presume BC is not going to lower standards too far for recruiting, nor will they hire someone that is a draw to the McD's crowd every year. Thus, BC needs an X's and O's coach. UNC does not, and Providence can survive without one.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

All of that said, you need some horses. Right now Christian is short a couple.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I think people presume BC is not going to lower standards too far for recruiting, nor will they hire someone that is a draw to the McD's crowd every year. Thus, BC needs an X's and O's coach. UNC does not, and Providence can survive without one.

BC would really have to dumb down the standards to admit some of the kids Providence has lately
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:01 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I don’t really root for Notre Dame in basketball. That isn’t to say that I wish them ill, but I have not gotten excited about a Notre Dame basketball team since the days of Kelly Tripucka, Tracy Jackson, Rich Branning, Bill Laimbeer, Tim Andre, Joe Klein and the late, great Orlando Woolridge. That isn’t to say, I did not enjoy the David Rivers-Donald Royal-Gary Voce-Tim Kempton-Scott Hicks iteration that finished off the last iteration of the Michael Jordan-Sam Perkins-Kenny Smith UNC team or the more recent iteration that clobbered Duke in the ACC Championship and almost took out and Kentucky before following that up with taking out Wisconsin the following year, but I don’t go out of May to watch them.

The Bonnies are a different story. I will always root for a scrappy underdog team that does more with a hell of a lot less than it’s Conference brethren. I would like it a lot if BC embraces that attitude vis a vis the rest of the ACC instead of whining about land constraints and local politicians and academic expectations are the reason we can’t have nice things. Would love to see them win the A10 this weekend, which Lunardi thinks would get them up from an 8/9 to a 5 seed.

Congratulations. I know you have nothing but contempt for John Wooden and UCLA so you must be happy. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 am

True dat. Always wondered where “have Sam Gilbert give your players boatloads of cash, hookers and drugs” fit on Wooden’s Pyramid of Success.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Knocking off Hofstra was big, huge. With 6 games to go in the regular season (and 3 in the CAA tourney) we really need go 8-1 (winning all 3 in the CAA tourney) to get at least a 14 seed. Lose 2 and go to the dance and we are a 16 and well, that will pretty much be it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:20 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Knocking off Hofstra was big, huge. With 6 games to go in the regular season (and 3 in the CAA tourney) we really need go 8-1 (winning all 3 in the CAA tourney) to get at least a 14 seed. Lose 2 and go to the dance and we are a 16 and well, that will pretty much be it.

If you win the CAA you’ll be in as a 14 or 15. If you don’t win the CAA you aren’t going. The CAA is no longer a two bid league since VCU and Mason departed for the A10. Bottom line is the P7 is busy trying to murder the mid-majors from a tournament perspective and the CAA doesn’t even rise to the level of a mid-major (like the A10, MVC, CUSA, etc.). In a few years, most of the mid-majors are going to struggle to get 2 bids and I think that trend will be reflected in this year’s selection.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Knocking off Hofstra was big, huge. With 6 games to go in the regular season (and 3 in the CAA tourney) we really need go 8-1 (winning all 3 in the CAA tourney) to get at least a 14 seed. Lose 2 and go to the dance and we are a 16 and well, that will pretty much be it.

If you win the CAA you’ll be in as a 14 or 15. If you don’t win the CAA you aren’t going. The CAA is no longer a two bid league since VCU and Mason departed for the A10. Bottom line is the P7 is busy trying to murder the mid-majors from a tournament perspective and the CAA doesn’t even rise to the level of a mid-major (like the A10, MVC, CUSA, etc.). In a few years, most of the mid-majors are going to struggle to get 2 bids and I think that trend will be reflected in this year’s selection.

Oh you are totally right. We need to win the CAA or it doesn't matter. What I am saying though is I think a 22-11 CAA champ will slip to 16 but a 23-10 champ might get a 14.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:57 pm

And once again (now for the second time) Bill Cohen and my Huskies are defending their CAA Conference Championship. It will be dicey, we lost our best player to graduation so I don't expect a repeat here. But with Bill anything is possible (anything that is, EXCEPT winning a tournament game in mid-March.)

I'll actually be in Las Vegas the weekend of March 20th (whole weekend.)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:45 pm

I care about this more than rich parents getting sentenced. But it's close.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 pm

We are at BU tomorrow afternoon. Tickets are... cheap.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:17 pm

1-0
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:36 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:1-0

keep us posted
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:1-0

keep us posted

Harvard Crimson visit tonight. They usually beat our asses, so we'll see.

We are at Zoo-Mass on Tuesday. Holy Cross a week later. I like that my alma mater goes out of its way to schedule "out-of-conference" as many other division-1 Massachusetts schools as they can. Forget the benefit of minimal travel costs, its just good for college basketball in the Bay State. I wish BC were on that short list of opponents.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby William S on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:29 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Harvard Crimson visit tonight. They usually beat our asses, so we'll see.

Plenty of good seats are still available!

https://www.stubhub.com/northeastern-hu ... =price+asc
William S
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 pm

2-0

Jordan Roland sets an all-time Northeastern record for single game scoring at 44 points. He passes Reggie Lewis.

Well done Jordan. Well done team. Well done Bill Coen. On to UMass.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Jesus nospace, no one gives a shit
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:25 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Jesus nospace, no one gives a shit

See ^
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:54 am

@ UMass tonight. They have owned us as of late, winning the last 4 match-ups. We shall soon see.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Northeastern's looking pretty good, IB. A performance like this might start a bidding war for Bill Coen.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:45 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Northeastern's looking pretty good, IB. A performance like this might start a bidding war for Bill Coen.

Come on don't even joke about this.

The only school he would leave Northeastern for to coach would be yours. And I don't think you guys really want him all that much. We (Northeastern) need him. I don't want him going anywhere.

3 straight conference championship games. Thank you Bill Coen.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:47 pm

And so it ends for the Huskies. In a strange twist of fate, I found myself at the Marriott Renaissance this morning at NY Ave and 9th this morning for an industry event. As it turns out, the industry event was actually at the Marriott Marquis at Mass Ave and 9th—basically across the street. However, when I mistakenly walked into the Renaissance, who should I run smack into but Bill Coen himself, as the Huskies were apparently staying at the Renaissance which is around the corner from Cap One, where I assume they were playing the CAA Tournament. He was just standing in the lobby by himself, but the business center had a “Welcome Northeastern Huskies” sign and the business center monitors listed the Huskies having a breakfast buffet in the Penn Quarter Ball Room from 9:30-11 (it also noted a postgame dinner in the same room from 10:30-Midnight so I assume they are there now, hopefully enjoying a lot of bread sticks in honor of IB.

In any case, I said hello to Coach Coen, identified myself as a BC grad and wished him good luck in the evening’s contest. He was very pleasant and we had a five minute conversation about the “diamonds in the rough” he helped develop at BC. Good guy and I think he was surprised to be recognized standing in a hotel lobby in DC. And then, I left and went to the Marquis.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:53 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:And so it ends for the Huskies. In a strange twist of fate, I found myself at the Marriott Renaissance this morning at NY Ave and 9th this morning for an industry event. As it turns out, the industry event was actually at the Marriott Marquis at Mass Ave and 9th—basically across the street. However, when I mistakenly walked into the Renaissance, who should I run smack into but Bill Coen himself, as the Huskies were apparently staying at the Renaissance which is around the corner from Cap One, where I assume they were playing the CAA Tournament. He was just standing in the lobby by himself, but the business center had a “Welcome Northeastern Huskies” sign and the business center monitors listed the Huskies having a breakfast buffet in the Penn Quarter Ball Room from 9:30-11 (it also noted a postgame dinner in the same room from 10:30-Midnight so I assume they are there now, hopefully enjoying a lot of bread sticks in honor of IB.

In any case, I said hello to Coach Coen, identified myself as a BC grad and wished him good luck in the evening’s contest. He was very pleasant and we had a five minute conversation about the “diamonds in the rough” he helped develop at BC. Good guy and I think he was surprised to be recognized standing in a hotel lobby in DC. And then, I left and went to the Marquis.

They had a good season.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:31 pm

It was nice of your boys to let Hofstra punch their ticket for the first time since FBCHC Jay Wright was there. You made Speedy Claxton's day.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:44 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:It was nice of your boys to let Hofstra punch their ticket for the first time since FBCHC Jay Wright was there. You made Speedy Claxton's day.

I feel bad for the seniors like Roland. But Hofstra is a much better team. We hit them with everything we had, even had a slight lead at halftime. But we just couldn't keep the defensive pressure up like we needed it.

I think we are about a 50-50 shot at winning the CAA next year. We have the pieces, good underclassmen this year that contributed.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm

It's totally irrational. but I've hated Hofstra ever since they ditched the Flying Dutchmen nickname. Pride drools, ghostships rulz
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:41 pm

My Huskies play Syracuse on Wednesday. Lets see how this game turns out. Hopefully ,we wont also lose by 38.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:25 pm

didn't realize the night school had it's own basketball team
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle