Northeastern

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northeastern

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Michigan and OSU had 30 three point attempts with 16 minutes to go in the second half yesterday and Michigan was 11 for 14 at the time. #3 v #4

Good theory though.

it was a good theory in 1986 when the line was introduced and maybe for bill cone and the caa... but the rest of the world has moved on. this is unusual, nospace usually has his fingers on the pulse of todays trends and activities.

maybe apple news ann coulter hasn't covered this yet

My ex-wife isn't much of a college basketball fan. But she does enjoy it far more than she does soccer.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:11 am

CAA tournament starts this Saturday. My alma mater has a bye, we don't play until Sunday. Fingers crossed.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:27 pm

the amazon river runs for thousands of miles. at some point it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have barely been explored. because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, forming underground pools almost a mile below the surface. over thousands of years, small blind and transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. these fish have never seen the sun or the surface and have never been seen by the human eye. these fish care more about northeastern basketball and the caa than i do
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the amazon river runs for thousands of miles. at some point it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have barely been explored. because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, forming underground pools almost a mile below the surface. over thousands of years, small blind and transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. these fish have never seen the sun or the surface and have never been seen by the human eye. these fish care more about northeastern basketball and the caa than i do

okay well, other than the ACC, what division-1 basketball conferences DO you are about?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:11 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the amazon river runs for thousands of miles. at some point it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have barely been explored. because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, forming underground pools almost a mile below the surface. over thousands of years, small blind and transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. these fish have never seen the sun or the surface and have never been seen by the human eye. these fish care more about northeastern basketball and the caa than i do

okay well, other than the ACC, what division-1 basketball conferences DO you are about?

Who says he cares about the ACC?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:38 pm

I are about the acc and the big east and the sec and the big 12 and the a-10. That covers my families’ current schools or alma mater.

And I’d say that care pushes it, especially in this Mickey Mouse season where it’s not a level playing field. All this is just preseason games that have gone on for too long.

Not to get all moj, but college basketball is approaching nba levels of unwatchable. It’s getting to the point that I don’t even find it fun to wager on. Maybe that’s because bc sucks, maybe that’s because of the pandemic, or maybe it’s because the game is flawed.

The important takeaway is that you should start a thread on blindamazonfishoutsider to talk about northeastern
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:00 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I are about the acc and the big east and the sec and the big 12 and the a-10. That covers my families’ current schools or alma mater.

And I’d say that care pushes it, especially in this Mickey Mouse season where it’s not a level playing field. All this is just preseason games that have gone on for too long.

Not to get all moj, but college basketball is approaching nba levels of unwatchable. It’s getting to the point that I don’t even find it fun to wager on. Maybe that’s because bc sucks, maybe that’s because of the pandemic, or maybe it’s because the game is flawed.

The important takeaway is that you should start a thread on blindamazonfishoutsider to talk about northeastern

Fair enough.

I care about the ACC, CAA, Pac-12, MWC, and WCC. That covers my families current schools or alma mater.

I agree the game is flawed but I still love college hoop, love setting up brackets, love watching it, love wagering on it, and I can't watch the NBA anymore.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 pm

College hoop is terrible but it's not the NBA. That said, the nerds that decided math says you should never shoot between the 3 point line and the rim, like the baseball launch angle 3 true outcomes dorks, are completely correct and yet solely the reason the game is tough to watch.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:03 pm

We were second seeded in the CAA at the beginning of the day. JMU was knocked out by Elon (thank you Elon) and my Huskies dispatched William and Mary. Two more wins and we are dancing.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:College hoop is terrible but it's not the NBA. That said, the nerds that decided math says you should never shoot between the 3 point line and the rim, like the baseball launch angle 3 true outcomes dorks, are completely correct and yet solely the reason the game is tough to watch.

No college basketball fan in their right mind would watch the NBA. It's such a shame that there's no league where all the best and most entertaining college players can go after they graduate and play against each other, for a large sum of money so they could devote themselves to basketball, and perhaps shown on broadcasts that would be nationally televised. That would be so entertaining!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:39 am

I am concerned with tonight's game against Drexel. Our games vs them were cancelled via covid this season. So we don't have a feel for them. Hofstra and Elon (the only other two teams left in the tourney), we swept all 4 games so I am uncomfortable just with tonight's game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:College hoop is terrible but it's not the NBA. That said, the nerds that decided math says you should never shoot between the 3 point line and the rim, like the baseball launch angle 3 true outcomes dorks, are completely correct and yet solely the reason the game is tough to watch.

No college basketball fan in their right mind would watch the NBA. It's such a shame that there's no league where all the best and most entertaining college players can go after they graduate and play against each other, for a large sum of money so they could devote themselves to basketball, and perhaps shown on broadcasts that would be nationally televised. That would be so entertaining!

If you weren't a shtick I'd argue with your weak sarcasm about whether the NBA game bears any resemblance to basketball.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

If you weren't a shtick I'd argue with your weak sarcasm about whether the NBA game bears any resemblance to basketball.

I wish the NBA were more like it was in the 80’s/90’s, but I struggle to say it’s bad basketball. The players are fucking amazing. Granted it’s not traditional, a little more arcade-y (mostly due to the larger floor and rule/foul differences) compared to NCAA basketball, but if you don’t consider those two leagues to be good basketball... ... ...what league are you romanticizing about exactly?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:08 pm

Northeastern can go dancing by beating the 7, 6, and 8 seeds. Would be a massive gag job if they don't get their tickets punched.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:29 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I wish the NBA were more like it was in the 80’s/90’s, but I struggle to say it’s bad basketball. The players are fucking amazing. Granted it’s not traditional, a little more arcade-y (mostly due to the larger floor and rule/foul differences) compared to NCAA basketball, but if you don’t consider those two leagues to be good basketball... ... ...what league are you romanticizing about exactly?

The NBA in its current form is boring. I'm not fantasizing about a league, just stopped wasting time on it . For the most part I can just check the score in the late 4th and carry on.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:16 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Northeastern can go dancing by beating the 7, 6, and 8 seeds. Would be a massive gag job if they don't get their tickets punched.

Tip off is in 14 minutes. My Huskies are a 1 point favorite over Drexel.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:58 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Northeastern can go dancing by beating the 7, 6, and 8 seeds. Would be a massive gag job if they don't get their tickets punched.

Yep, and epic choke for the ages. Especially when you consider how the CAA killed off James Madison to make it possible. I mean, if I were a Northeastern fan and we didn't win the tournament after the conference did everything--including blatantly cheating the #1 seed in such a way that the conference is being credibly accused of corruption and racism--to make this possible, the only honorable response to such a failure would be ritual suicide or a murder suicide involving Bill Coen.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:46 pm

Well now I don’t want coen as a coach. I didn’t previously, but I still don’t
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:07 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:

Yep, and epic choke for the ages. Especially when you consider how the CAA killed off James Madison to make it possible. I mean, if I were a Northeastern fan and we didn't win the tournament after the conference did everything--including blatantly cheating the #1 seed in such a way that the conference is being credibly accused of corruption and racism--to make this possible, the only honorable response to such a failure would be ritual suicide or a murder suicide involving Bill Coen.

Yeah 8 minutes to go, down by 7. Not looking good.

I was nervous about Drexel. I guess I had reason to be. It's not over yet.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:08 pm

Down by 5, 7 minutes to go.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:11 pm

Down by 1, 6 minutes to go.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:16 pm

We are dead now. Drexel hit 3, three point shots in a row. Down by 8. Just not meant to be. Coen called timeout with 3:30 to play.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:29 pm

down by 5 with 48 seconds to go. Too many 3-point shots made by Drexel (late) and Northeastern has missed way too many layups.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:33 pm

out, so frustrating

oh well, next year
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:39 pm

Nothing Coen could do. Drexel shot 87% from the charity stripe and hit 50% of their 3-point shots. Just too much. You can't coach to defeat fantastic shooting.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:43 pm

You can coach for it. It’s called defense.

Let this tread fill with cock and balls from this point forward.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:You can coach for it. It’s called defense.

So you do care more than subterranean cave fish.

Not sure who is more disappointed with this outcome, IB or blogboy.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:28 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:You can coach for it. It’s called defense.

So you do care more than subterranean cave fish.

Not sure who is more disappointed with this outcome, IB or blogboy.

I am disappointed but not devastated. Our two best players were sophomores. We had no seniors, none. The team was built to win last year OR next year, that kind of thing. This was just a rebuilding year. Losing to UNC and Roy Williams by 20 points a couple weeks ago (in an everyone-has-covid-but-us, lets play a pick-up game) had me convinced that they were just playing to the maximum of their ability at the moment.

Drexel hit a whole bunch of 3-pointers (can't really defend that too much) and they went 14-16 at charity stripe. You put those two ingredients together, its a tough combo to beat.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:23 am

Went 15-of-18 from charity stripe. Beat BU. It sucks to BU.

There is only 10 players on the roster this year. Of those 10, six are seniors. Team is built to win this year, that is for sure. We'll see if that is enough to win the CAA tourney.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:45 pm

got past East Carolina, our first road win
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum