Bust the Wolfpack Bubble

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bust the Wolfpack Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 am

I think Donahue is a good coach. I think his assistants are pretty crappy recruiters. He still needs to land a guard and a big. Hicks/Severe would be a success.

This team as currently composed is not very good, not sure where the argument is on that point.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I think Donahue is a good coach. I think his assistants are pretty crappy recruiters. He still needs to land a guard and a big. Hicks/Severe would be a success.

This team as currently composed is not very good, not sure where the argument is on that point.

The argument is that you are conflating the concepts of "currently composed" and "in current state of development". There is no argument to be made that this is a good basketball team right now. No one can make that argument after their shit has been pushed in twice in a week and the team has 4 ACC wins. It is not hard to argue that a team that has 90% of all of its statistics coming from players not yet in their junior year can be good, even if we're not supposed to talk about that because its similar to Spaz's excuse that was completely different because it wasn't true among other reasons.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I think Donahue is a good coach. I think his assistants are pretty crappy recruiters. He still needs to land a guard and a big. Hicks/Severe would be a success.

The argument is that you are conflating the concepts of "currently composed" and "in current state of development". There is no argument to be made that this is a good basketball team right now. No one can make that argument after their shit has been pushed in twice in a week and the team has 4 ACC wins. It is not hard to argue that a team that has 90% of all of its statistics coming from players not yet in their junior year can be good, even if we're not supposed to talk about that because its similar to Spaz's excuse that was completely different because it wasn't true among other reasons.

These kids have played every freaking game these last 2 years. Im excluding the freshman guards from this. That sophomore class has like 50+ games under their belt. The youth and inexperience thing is somewhat valid is leaning how to win close games. Its total BS when trying to explain the total lack of showing up the last 2 games. Oh and Cuse and Pitt are in next year, which is 3 more guaranteed Ls.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

These kids have played every freaking game these last 2 years. Im excluding the freshman guards from this. That sophomore class has like 50+ games under their belt. The youth and inexperience thing is somewhat valid is leaning how to win close games. Its total BS when trying to explain the total lack of showing up the last 2 games. Oh and Cuse and Pitt are in next year, which is 3 more guaranteed Ls.

First, I strongly encourage you to become a Kentucky fan. It is the only way you will ever be anything other than miserable. You hated Skinner. You hate Donahue. You would love being a Providence fan between seasons but not during seasons. This is in response to your PITT AND CUSE ERMAGURRRHD!!!1!

Next, why in the name of bates college graduates who hate to love BC would you remove the best and third best player from the roster in your response? Is it really total bullshit that two freshman who are the primary ball handlers have a hard time playing a late season game in tobacco road against teams with tournament implications after averaging 30+ minutes a night should be given some time to develop? No, you're right, they will always come out shitting themselves and exhausted in Cameron and PNC because they did it this time.

Bring on the team full of fucking Darius Miles clones that eepstein thinks is the only recruiting style that can result in winning basketball teams.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 am

The post above is so absurd I dont even know how to respond. I never liked Skinner, I really like Donahue. I would just encourage him to recruit more players over 6'6.

The last two games had nothing to do with fatigue. We got blown out from the get-go.

Whats the goal in ACC wins next year? I'd say it should be 10. Unless the new freshman are incredible, thats a lofty goal
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The post above is so absurd I dont even know how to respond. I never liked Skinner, I really like Donahue. I would just encourage him to recruit more players over 6'6.

The last two games had nothing to do with fatigue. We got blown out from the get-go.

Whats the goal in ACC wins next year? I'd say it should be 10. Unless the new freshman are incredible, thats a lofty goal

I don't think you understand how the freshman wall works.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:13 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The post above is so absurd I dont even know how to respond. I never liked Skinner, I really like Donahue. I would just encourage him to recruit more players over 6'6.

I'm sure that is what he wants. We can encourage Addazio to recruit more 4 and 5 star players. You think it will make any difference?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 am

spaz got zero break for running off jags recruits and "leaving the cabinet bare"

how long does beaker get to use the same excuse?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Does it make 30 points of difference? Since thats what we're talking about here lately. Clearly have more scholarship bodies plus Dragevich will help, but the ACC is only getting better
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:spaz got zero break for running off jags recruits and "leaving the cabinet bare"

No one had provided to me that he ran off anyone.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I never liked Skinner, I really like Donahue.

I never liked all that success either!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:spaz got zero break for running off jags recruits and "leaving the cabinet bare"

One difference being that Spaz actually did run off all the Jags recruits.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

One difference being that Spaz actually did run off all the Jags recruits.

Exactly!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Does it make 30 points of difference? Since thats what we're talking about here lately. Clearly have more scholarship bodies plus Dragevich will help, but the ACC is only getting better

I don't know what kind of a point difference it might make. It's not a clear cut, Hanlan would have scored 30 more points argument if you are construing it that way. It's more of a removal of key components of our offense potentially being removed and among them the highest percentage manner in which to end a scoring drought then when the team is down double digits before ten minutes of the game have been plaid the complexion is changed for the full 40.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Clifford looked good last night on the plus side of things. Its a shame he can't play more minutes
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 pm

This thread has become amusing. Like when the time Godofbeasts44 said he'd take 8 more years of losing because he likes the coach and said coach recruits good guys. That's good stuff. :chewbanka
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:49 pm

The team has a couple of pretty good players. In a three on three league for guys under 6'8'' they'd be pretty good. The fact that the rest of the team hasn't been addressed over almost three seasons and 3 full recruiting cycles is really indefensible.

P & S: I liked Skinner. Didn't see this disaster coming, however, so I can't really say I told you so.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:This thread has become amusing. Like when the time Godofbeasts44 said he'd take 8 more years of losing because he likes the coach and said coach recruits good guys. That's good stuff. :chewbanka

I agree with you and just decided to let it go. Lets just go DIII and play in the NESCAC if thats the attitude
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The team has a couple of pretty good players. In a three on three league for guys under 6'8'' they'd be pretty good. The fact that the rest of the team hasn't been addressed over almost three seasons and 3 full recruiting cycles is really indefensible.

P & S: I liked Skinner. Didn't see this disaster coming, however, so I can't really say I told you so.

Whats our 3 on 3 team look like? Hanlan, Rahon and Anderson? Who's coming off the bench.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The team has a couple of pretty good players. In a three on three league for guys under 6'8'' they'd be pretty good. The fact that the rest of the team hasn't been addressed over almost three seasons and 3 full recruiting cycles is really indefensible.

Whats our 3 on 3 team look like? Hanlan, Rahon and Anderson? Who's coming off the bench.

I'd go with Hanlan, Rahon and Anderson, and bring Jackson and Odio off the bench. But there wouldn't be a lot of bench minutes, just saying.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'd go with Hanlan, Rahon and Anderson, and bring Jackson and Odio off the bench. But there wouldn't be a lot of bench minutes, just saying.

That bench is looking pretty awful. Your 3 on 3 team is also allergic to defense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That bench is looking pretty awful. Your 3 on 3 team is also allergic to defense.

Well it almost by definition has to be a half court game, so it is easier to play D.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum