Maryland @ Boston College 2/19

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maryland @ Boston College 2/19

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:so before one of you assholes goes in this direction, on BCI right now one poster is still saying Donahue can't recruit and on the topic above another poster is complaining about how Hanlan will probably leave early for the NBA and Donahue hasn't recruited his replacement yet. FUCKING BRILLIANT!

This win aside, we need more help next year. A guard and a big. Just having more scholarship bodies.

Van Nest was decent last night. Hopefully he continues to play more

Only some offense intended, but you have dismissed half of the contributing members of the team as non contributors either before they played a game or before they played a whole season (most notably criticisms of Odio, Rahon, Jackson but you are also on record as thinking the Hanlan/Rahon recruiting class wasn't talented enough to compete in the ACC). This team is adding two more players(i won't count Donahue the player at this point since he gets not schollie) at least next year and my guess would be four. The depth issue should be diminished, one way or another. We will see.

It is absurd to say Donahue can't recruit and to say Hanlan is going to be less than a four year player at this point (because those things are contradictory). It is also absurd to say Donahue can't recruit bigs when his PF is the fourth leading rebounder and sixth leading scorer in the ACC and his talented 7'0 center got hurt especially when the attempted point is that he should have an extra 7'0 center lying around for such circumstances. At this point people are down to complaining that the 2011 class is too big which is completely and utterly retarded, unless they were proponents of fielding a 5-6 scholarship team. Or people are down to carving out stupid niches, like Donahue can't recruit players over 6'6 since Joe Jones left which lacks heartily for shown causal relationship not to mention its prematurity.

Recruiting is not just bringing in 2 guys that are legit and a bunch of marginal guys that contribute. The point missing in your post is that recruiting 1 top guard and 1 top big man in 3 years is hardly proof of good recruiting.

1st, the concept of what constitutes a "marginal" player is wrong. This is similar to the "ACC Player" designation of old. Going through former BC teams, it is not normal to have more than 2 All-ACC/BE candidate players on a given team. Odio, Jackson and Clifford are all solid recruitment gets. Heckmann is a contributor with upside. Caudill and Moton are the only clear recruiting misses. Daniels is whatever you want to call him.

Depth has always been an issue. That's recruiting. The guard problem can be blamed on Daniels leaving (fair excuse) and having to run 3-guard (not fair excuse because of next point) but the forward problem is an abysmal failure in recruiting. BC has one healthy player over 6'5'' that can truly contribute to a winning team. Unacceptable.

Sure, if you accept the "run-off" of all Skinner players as blameable and you assume a coach coming from the Ivy league (even with Joe Jones DURRRRRP) to somehow bring in a real recruiting class after an April hire and assume the blind injuries should be accounted for myth, then depth is an issue blameable on recruiting. This is added to if you want to conflate roster management with depth, assume Humphrey or Daniels would improve the situation through their added depth rather than causing a fuckload of additional problems in terms of developing their far superior replacements. What former BC teams would be able to replace their starting center in the case of injury? Not the senior year Bell team, that's why it didn't make the tourney. What peer ACC teams would be able to do so? This is oft repeated but remains wrong.

That said, he certainly did a good job with Hanlan, Rahon and Anderson, I give him credit for Clifford, and he filled in with some nice pieces like Jackson. The problem is that there were too many misses to provide sufficient depth. He has time to fix it, but he better do it soon - Drago will help but Owens is a long term fix and there is no big on the horizon. He must get a decent big in this class.

There are two clear misses as far as recruited high school students. One was in the transition class. I don't like Van Nest but he is contributing and it is better to have him than not have him. Since Clifford's injury wasn't known until the season began or right before, he was a reasonable acquisition at the time. Humphrey stinks. Is three misses really too many? Or are we pretending that Odio, Jackson and Heckmann aren't and can't be contributors?

Can't possibly disagree with your first point more. Solid recruiting gets for a below .500 conference team during a down period of the conference. I'd rather win.

Second point, you have the excuse train talking points down.

Third point, I disagree with your definition of "clear misses". If you are looking to win a conference championship, there are a ton of misses. Ever to Reach .500!

Final point. Odio is not a good basketball player. He works hard, jumps high, and shouldn't be on an ACC roster.

OK, so even though what we've been talking about all along has been first to get back into the tournament by next season, we've now moved the goalposts to conference champion. I'll take that as a good sign.

Your Odio comment is assinine. Name your clear misses.

No. Attacking a team with 4 conference wins is piling on. Their performance is shitty enough on its own. Your mental gymnastics to defend a mediocre roster with no depth and a sub-.500 record caught my attention, but I am not interested in turning this into another 5 page thread on 3 point make percentage versus take percentage as a measure of defense.

So to recap, you created your own standard of good recruiting. It is indefensible when compared to reality. When faced with the task of trying to comport your tortured standard with reality you took your ball and went home.

Its better than last year and your blanket "players don't really improve as they play more" stance.

Okay. You're a legend in your own mind.

And nice try with your Argument tactic #3 - Lure guy in with retarded misquote. I'll pass.

Ball home.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:so before one of you assholes goes in this direction, on BCI right now one poster is still saying Donahue can't recruit and on the topic above another poster is complaining about how Hanlan will probably leave early for the NBA and Donahue hasn't recruited his replacement yet. FUCKING BRILLIANT!

This win aside, we need more help next year. A guard and a big. Just having more scholarship bodies.

Van Nest was decent last night. Hopefully he continues to play more

Only some offense intended, but you have dismissed half of the contributing members of the team as non contributors either before they played a game or before they played a whole season (most notably criticisms of Odio, Rahon, Jackson but you are also on record as thinking the Hanlan/Rahon recruiting class wasn't talented enough to compete in the ACC). This team is adding two more players(i won't count Donahue the player at this point since he gets not schollie) at least next year and my guess would be four. The depth issue should be diminished, one way or another. We will see.

It is absurd to say Donahue can't recruit and to say Hanlan is going to be less than a four year player at this point (because those things are contradictory). It is also absurd to say Donahue can't recruit bigs when his PF is the fourth leading rebounder and sixth leading scorer in the ACC and his talented 7'0 center got hurt especially when the attempted point is that he should have an extra 7'0 center lying around for such circumstances. At this point people are down to complaining that the 2011 class is too big which is completely and utterly retarded, unless they were proponents of fielding a 5-6 scholarship team. Or people are down to carving out stupid niches, like Donahue can't recruit players over 6'6 since Joe Jones left which lacks heartily for shown causal relationship not to mention its prematurity.

Recruiting is not just bringing in 2 guys that are legit and a bunch of marginal guys that contribute. The point missing in your post is that recruiting 1 top guard and 1 top big man in 3 years is hardly proof of good recruiting.

1st, the concept of what constitutes a "marginal" player is wrong. This is similar to the "ACC Player" designation of old. Going through former BC teams, it is not normal to have more than 2 All-ACC/BE candidate players on a given team. Odio, Jackson and Clifford are all solid recruitment gets. Heckmann is a contributor with upside. Caudill and Moton are the only clear recruiting misses. Daniels is whatever you want to call him.

Depth has always been an issue. That's recruiting. The guard problem can be blamed on Daniels leaving (fair excuse) and having to run 3-guard (not fair excuse because of next point) but the forward problem is an abysmal failure in recruiting. BC has one healthy player over 6'5'' that can truly contribute to a winning team. Unacceptable.

Sure, if you accept the "run-off" of all Skinner players as blameable and you assume a coach coming from the Ivy league (even with Joe Jones DURRRRRP) to somehow bring in a real recruiting class after an April hire and assume the blind injuries should be accounted for myth, then depth is an issue blameable on recruiting. This is added to if you want to conflate roster management with depth, assume Humphrey or Daniels would improve the situation through their added depth rather than causing a fuckload of additional problems in terms of developing their far superior replacements. What former BC teams would be able to replace their starting center in the case of injury? Not the senior year Bell team, that's why it didn't make the tourney. What peer ACC teams would be able to do so? This is oft repeated but remains wrong.

That said, he certainly did a good job with Hanlan, Rahon and Anderson, I give him credit for Clifford, and he filled in with some nice pieces like Jackson. The problem is that there were too many misses to provide sufficient depth. He has time to fix it, but he better do it soon - Drago will help but Owens is a long term fix and there is no big on the horizon. He must get a decent big in this class.

There are two clear misses as far as recruited high school students. One was in the transition class. I don't like Van Nest but he is contributing and it is better to have him than not have him. Since Clifford's injury wasn't known until the season began or right before, he was a reasonable acquisition at the time. Humphrey stinks. Is three misses really too many? Or are we pretending that Odio, Jackson and Heckmann aren't and can't be contributors?

Can't possibly disagree with your first point more. Solid recruiting gets for a below .500 conference team during a down period of the conference. I'd rather win.

Second point, you have the excuse train talking points down.

Third point, I disagree with your definition of "clear misses". If you are looking to win a conference championship, there are a ton of misses. Ever to Reach .500!

Final point. Odio is not a good basketball player. He works hard, jumps high, and shouldn't be on an ACC roster.

OK, so even though what we've been talking about all along has been first to get back into the tournament by next season, we've now moved the goalposts to conference champion. I'll take that as a good sign.

Your Odio comment is assinine. Name your clear misses.

No. Attacking a team with 4 conference wins is piling on. Their performance is shitty enough on its own. Your mental gymnastics to defend a mediocre roster with no depth and a sub-.500 record caught my attention, but I am not interested in turning this into another 5 page thread on 3 point make percentage versus take percentage as a measure of defense.

So to recap, you created your own standard of good recruiting. It is indefensible when compared to reality. When faced with the task of trying to comport your tortured standard with reality you took your ball and went home.

Its better than last year and your blanket "players don't really improve as they play more" stance.

Okay. You're a legend in your own mind.

And nice try with your Argument tactic #3 - Lure guy in with retarded misquote. I'll pass.

Ball home.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you sleep at night. I'm good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 pm

9903 isn't an ACC level poster. Go to the UNH board.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:9903 isn't an ACC level poster. Go to the UNH board.

Ha, says the tard that goes to like 50 games a year but has without exaggeration the worst understanding of the game of basketball of anyone, ever anywhere.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Nananananana!!!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Ha, says the tard that goes to like 50 games a year but has without exaggeration the worst understanding of the game of basketball of anyone, ever anywhere.

and i don't even like sports
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

A little Moss Vikings Bill Simmons episode from Hoff yesterday, captured on BCI:

They are praying Caudill leaves. They told me they dont know where the rumors Heck might go back to europe r coming from. Off the record …

— ERIC HOFFSES (@EAHoffses) February 20, 2013

Tweet was deleted quickly after
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

but you like weiners and they usually sell weiners at sporting events.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:A little Moss Vikings Bill Simmons episode from Hoff yesterday, captured on BCI:

They are praying Caudill leaves. They told me they dont know where the rumors Heck might go back to europe r coming from. Off the record …

I'm fine with whatever Caudill decides. Someone needs to be at the end of the bench and he 's a great teammate. My source says Heckmann has openly discussed leaving for Europe so take that for whatever it's worth.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

How do you feel about mental gymnastics?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Why wouldn't Caudill be forced out? Not sure how to take a pulse on heckmann as I can't see him leaving unless he feels ge's already lost his minutes to drago or owens
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:51 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:A little Moss Vikings Bill Simmons episode from Hoff yesterday, captured on BCI:

I'm fine with whatever Caudill decides. Someone needs to be at the end of the bench and he 's a great teammate. My source says Heckmann has openly discussed leaving for Europe so take that for whatever it's worth.

ha, source
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Don needs a solid big this year to get me on board with the recruiting. That being said, Clifford was a good get, but we need some insurance.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
How do you feel about mental gymnastics?

it's not as much fun to watch as naked gymnastics

these links are nsfw as if the url doesn't give it away. pussies

http://flexiblegymnasts.com/wp-content/ ... ymnast.jpg

http://nihkcfv.neste-automatic.ru/image ... ain/23.jpg

http://u1.ipernity.com/23/61/68/1316616 ... 2d.560.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpypo ... o1_500.jpg
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher