Clemson Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Clemson Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Thank god for Rahon. And Anderson showing up for the end of the game.

I think those 2 bailed them out this time.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 pm

So, can someone tell me what Donahue was doing from the 5 minute mark that makes this his fault? I'm honestly asking; I have to follow the game tracker while I do work and it looks like it was a string of fouls, turnovers, and missed threes that gave them a 13-0 run in a little under 3 minutes. What were they doing, just playing footsie and trying to waste time?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Al Skinner called that inbounds play.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Thank god for Rahon. And Anderson showing up for the end of the game.

Agreed. I have been a huge Rahon fan since the first time we saw him play, but he has all the PG skills. Legit. Like that it moves Hanlan to SG, too, despite the hoops nitwits.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Just how they drew it up!
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby gaelfu on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Nice to see the team get a win. Not a performance that suggests they'll win anything more than 5 games in the ACC however.

I am sticking to my prediction of wins against Wake Forest, Maryland, and GT to get to 5-13 in conference.
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. I have been a huge Rahon fan since the first time we saw him play, but he has all the PG skills. Legit. Like that it moves Hanlan to SG, too, despite the hoops nitwits.

When Rahon is healthy (seems like he is today) he's a really good player
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:So, can someone tell me what Donahue was doing from the 5 minute mark that makes this his fault? I'm honestly asking; I have to follow the game tracker while I do work and it looks like it was a string of fouls, turnovers, and missed threes that gave them a 13-0 run in a little under 3 minutes. What were they doing, just playing footsie and trying to waste time?

From the 12 minute mark they started working clock. Instead of being aggressive, they were aggressive with 6 seconds left on the shot clock. It worked a couple of possessions, but then it got exposed for what it is: bad, chickenshit strategy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 pm

gaelfu {l Wrote}:Nice to see the team get a win. Not a performance that suggests they'll win anything more than 5 games in the ACC however.

I am sticking to my prediction of wins against Wake Forest, Maryland, and GT to get to 5-13 in conference.

Meh, they already should have 4-5 wins with decent coaching and some free throws. I think they can get 4 or 5 wins more. It's not good, however, they should have gone .500 in this conference.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Good win confidence wise. Too bad we play at Miami next.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:So, can someone tell me what Donahue was doing from the 5 minute mark that makes this his fault? I'm honestly asking; I have to follow the game tracker while I do work and it looks like it was a string of fouls, turnovers, and missed threes that gave them a 13-0 run in a little under 3 minutes. What were they doing, just playing footsie and trying to waste time?

From the 12 minute mark they started working clock. Instead of being aggressive, they were aggressive with 6 seconds left on the shot clock. It worked a couple of possessions, but then it got exposed for what it is: bad, chickenshit strategy.

Alright. I'm never ever a fan of burning time; I've seen it bite teams in the ass too many times. With a team like BC, players playing so many minutes, weird FT problems, it's an especially poor strategy. Hopefully this put a little scare in Donahue not to try it again.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Alright. I'm never ever a fan of burning time; I've seen it bite teams in the ass too many times. With a team like BC, players playing so many minutes, weird FT problems, it's an especially poor strategy. Hopefully this put a little scare in Donahue not to try it again.

In fairness, we're not in this position much frequently
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
gaelfu {l Wrote}:Nice to see the team get a win. Not a performance that suggests they'll win anything more than 5 games in the ACC however.

Meh, they already should have 4-5 wins with decent coaching and some free throws. I think they can get 4 or 5 wins more. It's not good, however, they should have gone .500 in this conference.

Twballgame post!
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Donahue needs to get at least one big man to go along with Owens in this class. They have absolutely zero inside presence and it is killing this team. I realize Clifford being hurt doesn't help much but you need a banger down there.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm

A w is a w and is better than these "moral victories" we had earlier in the conf schedule

For all the shit I have given Odio, kudos to him today. Just stop shooting 3s

Some big shots by Anderson but should've never gotten there.

FT shooting, W T F

And at this stage, just shut Clifford down. It's doing more harm than good and has been for a while now
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:51 pm

I counted 22 students there. Better known as 0.2% of the undergrad total.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Clemson bench side about 5 minutes into the game

sorry for the blurriness stupid phone
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:A w is a w and is better than these "moral victories" we had earlier in the conf schedule

For all the shit I have given Odio, kudos to him today. Just stop shooting 3s

Some big shots by Anderson but should've never gotten there.

FT shooting, W T F

And at this stage, just shut Clifford down. It's doing more harm than good and has been for a while now

Shutting Clifford down would be good. Its pointless for him to play 2 minutes.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Donahue needs to get at least one big man to go along with Owens in this class. They have absolutely zero inside presence and it is killing this team. I realize Clifford being hurt doesn't help much but you need a banger down there.

Owens is. 6'5 bull of a SF. He does not qualify as a big
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Donahue needs to get at least one big man to go along with Owens in this class. They have absolutely zero inside presence and it is killing this team. I realize Clifford being hurt doesn't help much but you need a banger down there.

I don't think Cadillac was calling Owens a big...just saying we need a big in this class to go along with Owens.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 pm

few things,

I like that they won, February is going to be absolutely brutal and they really needed this one, also blowing that lead would have been psychologically devestatting;
I like Odio's contributions (most in the first half, but he did some nice things all game long), if he can play like this and join the "ACC player" grouping that's awesome;
This is the good Rahon that I think can be special, the one a lot of assholes on here pretended wasn't a thing;

Dislikes;
Donahue's lack of timeouts during Adonis Filer's singlehanded run, we had three at one point during the middle of that run, just to break up the flow would have been worthwhile in my opinion.
Obviously the lack of depth, Teddy's thinks Donahue "took the pedal of the gas" I didn't see this, I saw sloppy play and guys getting blown past by larger, stronger, fresher (albeit less talented) Clemson players, which struck me as tired players. Some notable sloppiness during the run would be that awful circus pass by Anderson early on, the uncharacteristic Hanlan cross court pass to break the press which was intercepted.

Other- it seems like Clifford is more or less done for this year now whether that means he suits up and plays miniscule minutes or doesn't suit up.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:22 pm

I am really glad to see Rahon have another great game, especially in ACC play. He's has such a poor last few games, I think it's a big part of why the team started to look worse and worse. Having Clifford be essentially done really significantly lowers the already lower ceiling of this team. I'm praying they manage to beat the 4 ACC wins from last season and that Clifford gets enough rest to come back healthy next season.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:I am really glad to see Rahon have another great game, especially in ACC play. He's has such a poor last few games, I think it's a big part of why the team started to look worse and worse. Having Clifford be essentially done really significantly lowers the already lower ceiling of this team. I'm praying they manage to beat the 4 ACC wins from last season and that Clifford gets enough rest to come back healthy next season.

They need to find a way to beat WF and GT at home. The rest will be tough. Perhaps a fifth win could come @Clemson or home against UVA or Maryland.

I hate our students. In fairness, I think some of them sit in non-student sections so it's tough to get a real count, but probably under 100.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 pm

This game was Penn State part deux, but at least they won...
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Bravo to the hard working young team on their win today.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:50 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Bravo to the hard working young team on their win today.

Seconded!
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:44 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't think Cadillac was calling Owens a big...just saying we need a big in this class to go along with Owens.

This
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I counted 22 students there. Better known as 0.2% of the undergrad total.

I was there and counted 27, not including the big cardboard heads leaning against empty seats. Disgustiad. I'm just gald they didn't lose seeing how they blew the 20 point lead with less than 10 min. left.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I counted 22 students there. Better known as 0.2% of the undergrad total.

I was there and counted 27, not including the big cardboard heads leaning against empty seats. Disgustiad. I'm just gald they didn't lose seeing how they blew the 20 point lead with less than 10 min. left.

Goddamn those nerds, every one.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

Goddamn those nerds, every one.

I guess espn3 isn't enough exposure for the attention whores to do all their attention whoring. Apologies accepted.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum