UNC at Boston College

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UNC at Boston College

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 pm

This game isn't over. They don't have to give up.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Anyone who doesn't think Lonnie Jackson can be a decent piece on an ACC team is stupid and not worth conversing with.

the people who say this are the people who keep saying Clifford CAN be the top center in the acc. a lot of things CAN happen.

Clifford is injured. That criticism isn't fair at all.

thats the point. people say this shit while blatantly ignoring the fact that hes had a lingering injury for the ENTIRE year and put up 9-4 his first year. hes about to be halfway done with his career. Barring a MASSIVE leap next year AND an injury free season, that prediction just isnt going to happen.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Anyone who doesn't think Lonnie Jackson can be a decent piece on an ACC team is stupid and not worth conversing with.

the people who say this are the people who keep saying Clifford CAN be the top center in the acc. a lot of things CAN happen. for example, when lonnie jackson doesnt play like absolute dogshit, he can be an acc role player.

10 pts a game, a couple assists and over .400 from 3 is not really dogshit. I know you mentioned that didn't watch games last year so you didn't see Clifford when healthy, so I guess it makes sense that you don't see that part of it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

the people who say this are the people who keep saying Clifford CAN be the top center in the acc. a lot of things CAN happen.

thats the point. people say this shit while blatantly ignoring the fact that hes had a lingering injury for the ENTIRE year and put up 9-4 his first year. hes about to be halfway done with his career. Barring a MASSIVE leap next year AND an injury free season, that prediction just isnt going to happen.

I posted somewhere how 9 and 4 compares to any BC big from Skinner's tenure, you should find it before you point to those numbers as lacking and needing a MASSIVE leap.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He waivers between ACC role player and America East player. His problem, like the rest of this atrocity is consistency. Tonight he's the America East player

1) Jackson is not having a bad game, he missed one three. He's probably 4th or 5th in terms of problems on this team today, Hanlan has been decent and Heckman may be having the best game of anyone, but I don't understand why he is an America East player tonight.
2) He's not really inconsistent, he had a slump earlier this year. That's different.

You need to watch other ACC play and then watch ours.

Ok.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Hard to hate on Clifford when he's healthy. Guy is very mobile and pretty athletic for a seven footer.

Try thinking positively? Do half of you need an explanation of what that is?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:This game isn't over. They don't have to give up.

They're going to mail this game in. That's the one thing that bugs me most about the last 2 years.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

I wish I could find good NCAA +/- numbers because I'd be willing to bet any unit with Clifford out there is much better than the alternatives. Even in hobbled form, the team as a whole has looked much better with him out there.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I posted somewhere how 9 and 4 compares to any BC big from Skinner's tenure, you should find it before you point to those numbers as lacking and needing a MASSIVE leap.

lets just blatantly ignore a lingering injury the entire year. because big men never have injury problems and that could never possibly affect his potential trajectory.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

i said 6 because clifford, jackson, heckmann (a stretch) and rahon can have roles on good acc teams...just not 30+ mpg roles
Last edited by claver2010 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:I wish I could find good NCAA +/- numbers because I'd be willing to bet any unit with Clifford out there is much better than the alternatives. Even in hobbled form, the team as a whole has looked much better with him out there.

but he's not an ACC player DERP!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Hard to hate on Clifford when he's healthy. Guy is very mobile and pretty athletic for a seven footer.

He'll never be healthy unfortunately.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

lets just blatantly ignore a lingering injury the entire year. because big men never have injury problems and that could never possibly affect his potential trajectory.

You said Barring a MASSIVE leap next year AND an injury free season, you even made AND obnoxiously capitalized.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i said 6 because clifford, jackson, heckmann (a stretch) and rahon can have roles on good acc teams...just not 30+ mpg roles

Heckmann is horrible. I don't care if he made a couple jump shots tonight. He gave up a couple wide open 3s with his laughable rotation on D.

The others are fine in minor roles.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:I wish I could find good NCAA +/- numbers because I'd be willing to bet any unit with Clifford out there is much better than the alternatives. Even in hobbled form, the team as a whole has looked much better with him out there.

but he's not an ACC player DERP!

You might as well come over to my side on this. This team stinks and will continue to stink. Feel free to ride that 1-17 train though if you'd like.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:19 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Hard to hate on Clifford when he's healthy. Guy is very mobile and pretty athletic for a seven footer.

This is what I'm talking about! Give the guy a month of no basketball, and give him a chance. How the hell do we fucking know his knees won't improve? Maybe he's already made the leap, but we haven't seen it because of the bad knee. Positivity, y'all. It's going to get better.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

I believe Chrondomalacia can be cured or at least mitigated by arthroscopic surgery.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 pm

How the hell is someone that wide open.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You said Barring a MASSIVE leap next year AND an injury free season, you even made AND obnoxiously capitalized.

if he increases his points and rebounds output from last year by 40 percent (which would be a pretty big jump) that'd put him at 12.5 & 6.5 roughly a game. Big time numbers! Let's call him the next Dwight Howard!

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:i said 6 because clifford, jackson, heckmann (a stretch) and rahon can have roles on good acc teams...just not 30+ mpg roles

Heckmann is horrible. I don't care if he made a couple jump shots tonight. He gave up a couple wide open 3s with his laughable rotation on D.

The others are fine in minor roles.

i didnt really think it needed to be specified, but when i say we have 3 players, i mean there are 3 players on this team who i would be comfortable giving any serious minutes to on an acc team. i.e. north of 20 minutes. others can play a handful of minutes. but i dont consider fringe acc role players to be acc players.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

odio stop shooting rom 3 and stay down low

frustration setting in for anderson, at least someone is showing it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
if he increases his points and rebounds output from last year by 40 percent (which would be a pretty big jump) that'd put him at 12.5 & 6.5 roughly a game. Big time numbers! Let's call him the next Dwight Howard!

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!

naming a random percentage doesn't help your shitty argument.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!

12.6 and 6.5 would make him second only to Craig Smith as far as BC bigs since maybe Curley.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Odio is playing real well tonight minus the shot attempts from 3.

Good for him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!

actually it absolutely does. especially seeing as most would argue anderson has made a big jump and his ppg is up by that amount and his rebounds are up by much less.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!

12.6 and 6.5 would make him second only to Craig Smith as far as BC bigs since maybe Curley.

which would be relevant to this discussion if we were talking about the history of bc basketball.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!

which would be relevant to this discussion if we were talking about the history of bc basketball.

What program are we talking about? What board is this? You are a fucking clown.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!

actually it absolutely does. especially seeing as most would argue anderson has made a big jump and his ppg is up by that amount and his rebounds are up by much less.

No its absolutley fucking retarded, why would the improvement of one player mean that the improvement of another player would go up similarly? That's just stupid.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

HE'S THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!

What program are we talking about? What board is this? You are a fucking clown.

were talking about the assertion by the weirdos that clifford if healthy will be the best center in the acc.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Christ didn't Van Nest look serviceable early in the year?
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum