Miami @ Boston College 1/16

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Miami @ Boston College 1/16

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Heckmann has to shoot better then he has been.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:61% from the line.

And your point guard goes 5-10

2-4 down the stretch. (really 2-5...bc the miss cost you an additional free throw)...miami went 4-4.

Scott = senior
Hanlan = freshman
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 pm

We lost first and foremost because of the officials then bad FT shooting and/or Rahons ankle. I hope all the message board talking points about no more moral victories are out of the system now because that was a pretty tremendous effort that got tripped up by guys wearing black and white.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:

Don't worry, someone will post "Hanlon will never go 5-10 from the stripe again" and not understand that this team has so many weaknesses (still) and can find ways to lose.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Durand Scott with the Oscar Nomination for the win. Congrats ACC, you got what you wanted.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

2-4 down the stretch. (really 2-5...bc the miss cost you an additional free throw)...miami went 4-4.

Unfortunately, welcome to having a crazy young basketball team. And yes this is Mr Youth and Experience.

The way to learn these close games is to play in them
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Unfortunately, welcome to having a crazy young basketball team. And yes this is Mr Youth and Experience.

And maybe occasionally win one
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:make these. then you can criticize the officials.

no fuck this noise. That Rahon shoulder that Scott dove on like a euro-fajit-futbol player was the difference here.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Don't worry, someone will post "Hanlon will never go 5-10 from the stripe again" and not understand that this team has so many weaknesses (still) and can find ways to lose.

this is fucking retarded.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

They played with an injured Rahon/Clifford and absolutely no depth.

I'm not sure I understand all the negativity.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

They played with an injured Rahon/Clifford and absolutely no depth.

I'm not sure I understand all the negativity.

its big swinging dick time. Its time for all the "I don't accept moral victories, while i don't accept injuries as an excuse, while i don't accept injuries or ridiculous officiating as an excuse in a game where we were 7 pt dogs, while' I don't accept i don't accept injuries or ridiculous officiating as an excuse in a game where we were 7 pt dogs with a freshman backcourt."

As I said fuck this noise.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Again stop being absurd. If you expected to be beating NCST and Miami in year 2 of a complete rebuild, then you're nuts
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Scott = senior
Hanlan = freshman

this is fucking bullshit.

guy who fouled hanlan: senior.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:24 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:make these. then you can criticize the officials.

no fuck this noise. That Rahon shoulder that Scott dove on like a euro-fajit-futbol player was the difference here.

if the pg makes his free throws were up 3 and not in that position.

it was a bad call. we shouldnt have been in that position.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:24 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Scott = senior
Hanlan = freshman

What does that have to do with anything? All we're talking about is knocking down free throws. And Scott did that 4 out of 4 times.
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Scott = senior
Hanlan = freshman

I think we've proven beyond a doubt Scott is a moron
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm

For the record, at least eepstein might now retract his statement that we cannot compete with teams like Miami. I will say it again, we have a legitimate chance of beating any team in the ACC except Duke. Unfortunately, we have not been able to close. I think a lot of these situations have been prime examples of two excellent freshman players making freshman mistakes in the clutch (we saw this a lot last year too when we relied on our freshmen to make a big play in the final minutes). The freshman will learn from what happened. They are getting this experience early and will ultimately be better for it. Every single one of our ACC losses came down to the wire. Both Wake and Miami are examples of Hanlan and Rahon collapsing in the clutch.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Again stop being absurd. If you expected to be beating NCST and Miami in year 2 of a complete rebuild, then you're nuts

I was not expecting it at all. But once they're are in that position I just want them to get one, for confidence and experience.
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby Bender on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Nuts and bolts, we got screwed.

The last call when Scott flopped was awful, even if a call is made there it should have still been defensive as Scott was moving closer to Rahon when it happened. It went well with the phantom foul when he drove to the hoop that resulted in a one point lead for Miami.

Still don't understand why they changed the call from a three point play for Hanlon to a charge, and if it was a charge why would the Miami player shoot a one and one? I thought you didn't get free throws for offensive fouls, e.g. the call against Rahon.

Kadji got away with offensive fouls every time he shot the ball, he used his off-hand to knock away the defender's hand.

I don't think the refs were biased, I just think they are awful.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Epstein, eagle....not worth your time. I've learned to just shut up because they can't be convinced. Apparently the team needs to show more improvement to impress Pedro and his fancy pants. Commenaverage is knowledgeable, but shows 0 patience with this team and the rest of these people can't get the Skinner years out of their mind. Useless.

But hey, see you all on the bandwagon next year!!!
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:For the record, at least eepstein might now retract his statement that we cannot compete with teams like Miami. I will say it again, we have a legitimate chance of beating any team in the ACC except Duke. Unfortunately, we have not been able to close. I think a lot of these situations have been prime examples of two excellent freshman players making freshman mistakes in the clutch (we saw this a lot last year too when we relied on our freshmen to make a big play in the final minutes). The freshman will learn from what happened. They are getting this experience early and will ultimately be better for it. Every single one of our ACC losses came down to the wire. Both Wake and Miami are examples of Hanlan and Rahon collapsing in the clutch.

Miami didn't show up for the first half. Some of these teams get so high to play Duke/UNC but then exert no effort in other games. Miami is way better than BC and we still should have won.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 pm

i just dont get blaming this on the refs. you make your free throws, youre up 3 with under a minute.

had we done our job then gotten screwed, im right there with you.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Scott = senior
Hanlan = freshman

Look that was a stupid play but the real difference was Miami made their late free throws. Hanlan on the other hand misses the front end of a one-and-one and then has an opportunity to make up for it and shoots three ugly shots.

All that being said, I think Hanlan is a star in the making.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Epstein, eagle....not worth your time. I've learned to just shut up because they can't be convinced. Apparently the team needs to show more improvement to impress Pedro and his fancy pants. Commenaverage is knowledgeable, but shows 0 patience with this team and the rest of these people can't get the Skinner years out of their mind. Useless.

For once you're right. Healthy Clifford and adding a few players will be fun next year

They're still going to win their fair share of ACC games. They'll split the next 2, then UNC and Clemson at home.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Scott = senior
Hanlan = freshman

Look that was a stupid play but the real difference was Miami made their late free throws. Hanlan on the other hand misses the front end of a one-and-one and then has an opportunity to make up for it and shoots three ugly shots.

All that being said, I think Hanlan is a star in the making.

Told Teddy that during the summer, he then told me that Daniels would start over Hanlan......Ha! Good one. I'm from NH and got to see Hanlan play a few times. Good to see that he's producing early and everyone else can see it.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Epstein, eagle....not worth your time. I've learned to just shut up because they can't be convinced. Apparently the team needs to show more improvement to impress Pedro and his fancy pants. Commenaverage is knowledgeable, but shows 0 patience with this team and the rest of these people can't get the Skinner years out of their mind. Useless.

For once you're right. Healthy Clifford and adding a few players will be fun next year

They're still going to win their fair share of ACC games. They'll split the next 2, then UNC and Clemson at home.

I agree they will be fun to watch and probably pretty good next year. This year I'm just worried about two freshman guards and zero depth.
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We certainly struggle to see eye to eye at times, but its good to see we are on the same overall page.... even though we differ on Dragicevich's impact.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

I find this year's team enjoyable to watch - they compete hard - and you can see that the progression.

This is a good base to build on
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i just dont get blaming this on the refs. you make your free throws, youre up 3 with under a minute.

had we done our job then gotten screwed, im right there with you.

Both are true. Had we hit fts the screw job wouldn't have mattered. Had we not gotten screwed the missed fts wouldn't Havre mattered.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 pm

i don't get the ripping of the refs..........make the free throws down the stretch and things could have turned out better. With that said, another good effort that fell short, against an experienced team with some quality wins. Yeah, it sucks that BC lost, but the way I watch the games this year is that I'm not watching a definite NCAA Tournament team that is underachieving, but i'm watching one of the top 5 youngest teams in the country develop.

Rahon fouled Scott.......hits to the head are a point of emphasis this year with officials, thus the announcers originally saying before the replay that it could be a flagrant 1 foul (elbow to the head). Replay showed no elbow, thus, just a player control foul.

As for the Hanlan charge/basket....this was a call that used to be made a lot more frequently in years past. If the player releases the ball prior to contact, they would count the basket and call it a charge. Believe Miami was called for one earlier in the game as well. Typically, this call has gone away and usually it would be no foul and a play-on. Surprised to see two called tonight.

Disappointed in the loss, certainly not calling it a moral victory.......but losing to 4-0 Miami by 1 and 3-1 NCST by 5.....with a group that will be together for 2 more years.....it's certainly better than being 0-4 and getting blown out left and right. Defense has improved quite a bit over the last month.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum