Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am

Jesus you homohumpers we know you're both responding to each other, no need to quote 5000 words, I might get carpal tunnel hitting the page down button. I'll have my lawyer send you the invoice
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I never clamored about Hanlan being better than anyone, that's an assumption that you extrapolated from my actual statement - which was a statement that Daniels actually played pretty damn well last season as a freshman PG and that expected him to be the starter because of the fact that he had already been through a full season battle in the ACC, he was actually pretty good, and I expected big improvement because frosh to soph is the year you see the biggest leap. I also based it on the fact that freshman usually struggle unless they are the top of the recruiting pyramid.

I did not base my opinion about Daniels starting on any knowledge of Hanlan other than the 1-2 grainy highlight films we all saw. He looked like a good player, and I expected him to get significant minutes at multiple guard positions because he is big and because he can do multiple things. But until yesterday, no one knew what Hanlan would do against top flight competition, and based on that and what I saw of Daniels, I expected Daniels to be the starter.

That said, now I have seen him play against a real college basketball team, and his maturity and basketball sense are excellent. I see why he is the starter at PG. I hope he can maintain it, and I wish for him to be a star. I also wish the coach hadn't run off his backup, and that we didn't have to count on Hanlan playing that well every game to win in his freshman year.

Specific posters have said that the rumor on campus is that the Don told Daniels he wouldn't see more than X amount of minutes, not just that the team was pissed. I also haven't suggested that the only place these rumors are being told is this message board.

I was among the good riddance people in the Heslip situation. My opinion on that has not changed. I am just noting that it is becoming something of a pattern. If you are okay with that fine, I can see the argument. I just wish we had a backup PG.

I'm fine with it for now. I've also said, a lot, that I wish Daniels was still here.

At least no one has bitched about Donahue's recruiting failures in the last two or three days. Hanlan and Rahon both look like they are better than their rankings so far. Anderson is pretty obviously special and Hanlan has the makings of the same.

I hope Clifford isn't messed up for a long time.

My bitch with the Don's recruiting is limited to his failure to land a big athletic rebounder. I have had no concerns with the quality of the Anderson class (as is reflected in my defense of Daniels) or Rahon and Hanlan. There is a good core there, I just want a rebounder and the depth at guard back.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I never clamored about Hanlan being better than anyone, that's an assumption that you extrapolated from my actual statement - which was a statement that Daniels actually played pretty damn well last season as a freshman PG and that expected him to be the starter because of the fact that he had already been through a full season battle in the ACC, he was actually pretty good, and I expected big improvement because frosh to soph is the year you see the biggest leap. I also based it on the fact that freshman usually struggle unless they are the top of the recruiting pyramid.

I did not base my opinion about Daniels starting on any knowledge of Hanlan other than the 1-2 grainy highlight films we all saw. He looked like a good player, and I expected him to get significant minutes at multiple guard positions because he is big and because he can do multiple things. But until yesterday, no one knew what Hanlan would do against top flight competition, and based on that and what I saw of Daniels, I expected Daniels to be the starter.

That said, now I have seen him play against a real college basketball team, and his maturity and basketball sense are excellent. I see why he is the starter at PG. I hope he can maintain it, and I wish for him to be a star. I also wish the coach hadn't run off his backup, and that we didn't have to count on Hanlan playing that well every game to win in his freshman year.

Specific posters have said that the rumor on campus is that the Don told Daniels he wouldn't see more than X amount of minutes, not just that the team was pissed. I also haven't suggested that the only place these rumors are being told is this message board.

I was among the good riddance people in the Heslip situation. My opinion on that has not changed. I am just noting that it is becoming something of a pattern. If you are okay with that fine, I can see the argument. I just wish we had a backup PG.

I'm fine with it for now. I've also said, a lot, that I wish Daniels was still here.

At least no one has bitched about Donahue's recruiting failures in the last two or three days. Hanlan and Rahon both look like they are better than their rankings so far. Anderson is pretty obviously special and Hanlan has the makings of the same.

I hope Clifford isn't messed up for a long time.

My bitch with the Don's recruiting is limited to his failure to land a big athletic rebounder. I have had no concerns with the quality of the Anderson class (as is reflected in my defense of Daniels) or Rahon and Hanlan. There is a good core there, I just want a rebounder and the depth at guard back.

quotes to piss of claver,

I am beginning to agree more with the rebounder issue, but its mostly because they team looks more ready than I expected this year. Conversely, Van Nest, while not a good rebounder, has been pretty awesome so far as big man depth. The new guards are making more of a difference with rebounding than I would have expected, Hanlan especially.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Agree that Van Nest is a nice surprise, and that Hanlan in particular is an excellent rebounding guard. However, I still feel like Anderson gets all the rebounds, even though it wasnt true yesterday. I also agree that they are further along than expected, partially because Hanlan and Rahon look that good, partially because other guys have improved and Van Nest adds some ability, but mostly because Anderson appears to have taken a leap to full fledged star. You can be good quick if one of your players is a 25 ppg, 12 rpg inside player.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum