Well, here we go (ellipsis)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Well, here we go (ellipsis)

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:02 am

this is likely a dumb comment, but adding Jerome Frink to our current Roster would make this a very likely tournament team.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:this is likely a dumb comment, but adding Jerome Frink to our current Roster would make this a very likely tournament team.

No, that's not dumb at all.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 pm

I though Akomolafe was very talented on the offensive end too. Extremely athletic and he hit a couple 3s in the first ten minutes or so.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:I though Akomolafe was very talented on the offensive end too. Extremely athletic and he hit a couple 3s in the first ten minutes or so.

I agree they both seemed pretty good, although it concerns me if they were not really because it doesn't bode well for what we are going to be able to do against teams like NC State.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:39 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:I though Akomolafe was very talented on the offensive end too. Extremely athletic and he hit a couple 3s in the first ten minutes or so.

I agree they both seemed pretty good, although it concerns me if they were not really because it doesn't bode well for what we are going to be able to do against teams like NC State.

The only things that give me hope against NCSU and UNC are that we have better coaching and we're likely to be overlooked.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

The only things that give me hope against NCSU and UNC are that we have better coaching and we're likely to be overlooked.

the fun thing about how our team is built in theory is that if guys are hitting outside shots they can beat anyone.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 pm

The big areas that needed improvement going into this year were rebounding and scoring, particularly easy buckets (pretty damning, right?). The advantage is that improved (offensive) rebounding leads to easier scoring, and with the tempo that we aspire to, even mediocre rebounding will also lead to more scoring. We were so erratic from outside and we go so few second chance points in close that we had to play perfectly to win many games, and failed. With improved rebounding the margin for error should increase dramatically.

With all that said, I'd be nice if we could defend the 3 more effectively.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:50 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:this is likely a dumb comment, but adding Jerome Frink to our current Roster would make this a very likely tournament team.

Did you remember that he visited BC and we didn't offer last year? I forgot about that when I made the original comment, but on EA someone posted that and I think it is right.

Dammit.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Did you remember that he visited BC and we didn't offer last year? I forgot about that when I made the original comment, but on EA someone posted that and I think it is right.

Dammit.

I did not. I was just going by how he played the other day.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Dammit.

God dammit, I knew BC was interested
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 am

Bill Bates mentioned on twitter that he was the basketball game, but he wasn't sitting in Gene's old seat. Anybody know where he sat?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Bill Bates mentioned on twitter that he was the basketball game, but he wasn't sitting in Gene's old seat. Anybody know where he sat?

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Bill Bates mentioned on twitter that he was the basketball game, but he wasn't sitting in Gene's old seat. Anybody know where he sat?

Bill/Brad. Same thing.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Bylor fans making fun of BC for Heslip, here's my response:

Here's the fact Baylor fans, Heslip plays on a team based off of athleticism, so he will take the majority of 3's on that team. BC has so many shooters (Lonnie Jackson, Joe Rahon, Danny Rubin, etc.) that Heslip would take less 3's, therefore making his role smaller than it would be on a "Lazy Elvis" Al Skinner team, which took very few amounts of 3's. On this BC team, he would be just another shooter.

You may find Heslip to be the man at shooting or whatever, but that's b/c he's one of the few consistent shooters on your team (only other notable ones are Austin, Bello, maybe Jackson). Every single player on BC can shoot it over 30%.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Bylor fans making fun of BC for Heslip, here's my response:

Here's the fact Baylor fans, Heslip plays on a team based off of athleticism, so he will take the majority of 3's on that team. BC has so many shooters (Lonnie Jackson, Joe Rahon, Danny Rubin, etc.) that Heslip would take less 3's, therefore making his role smaller than it would be on a "Lazy Elvis" Al Skinner team, which took very few amounts of 3's. On this BC team, he would be just another shooter.

You may find Heslip to be the man at shooting or whatever, but that's b/c he's one of the few consistent shooters on your team (only other notable ones are Austin, Bello, maybe Jackson). Every single player on BC can shoot it over 30%.

I dont get it? You didnt call them fhegs? or post a cock shot? I am so confused how these message boards work.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Bylor fans making fun of BC for Heslip, here's my response:

Who cares if we lost Heslip, he can only shoot threes
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Yeah I know, Baylor fans are acting as if he's Ray Allen from 3, however we all know he's one of the few shooters on that team. On BC, he's just Lonnie Jackson really.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Yeah I know, Baylor fans are acting as if he's Ray Allen from 3, however we all know he's one of the few shooters on that team. On BC, he's just Lonnie Jackson really.

How exactly does one even begin to find Baylor fans? And if you want to irk them, just ask them if they stopped rooting for the Longhorns before or after they were accepted to Baylor. Trust me, my mom lives in Houston. 99% of Texans are Longhorn fans. 0.9% A&M fans. 0.1% other.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 am

He is good because Baylor surrounds him with 3 first round NBA Draft Picks.

Scott Drew is also one of the worst coaches in America..
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum