OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:I don't get it.

now that nospace is back the arrogant prick is delving up a previous idiotic statement from the philosopher nospacian that claimed that the 2011/2012 cal bears are one of the best 16 basketball teams in the country. they then received a play-in game 12 seed and sucked like heather harmon (pre-retirement)

this year, I've been felating Creighton. they are my new CAL

Your Cal pick was better. At least Cal has made the Sweet 16 in the past 20 years.

Creighton doesn't have the guards to get it done in March. They rely on a skilled but undersized front court, and have only two players averaging double figures. As soon as they cross paths with a 7-footer that can play defense well enough to hold McDermott to 18 instead of his usual 24, they're done.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

now that nospace is back the arrogant prick is delving up a previous idiotic statement from the philosopher nospacian that claimed that the 2011/2012 cal bears are one of the best 16 basketball teams in the country. they then received a play-in game 12 seed and sucked like heather harmon (pre-retirement)

Your Cal pick was better. At least Cal has made the Sweet 16 in the past 20 years.

Creighton doesn't have the guards to get it done in March. They rely on a skilled but undersized front court, and have only two players averaging double figures. As soon as they cross paths with a 7-footer that can play defense well enough to hold McDermott to 18 instead of his usual 24, they're done.

I'm felating a Florida-Michigan April 8th meeting.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 pm

everyone won on Saturday...

creighton
northeastern
and bc

that wont happen again for the rest of the season
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:34 pm

cal won too. they beat #10 oregon.

do you think that could make your head explode, please?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:cal won too. they beat #10 oregon.

do you think that could make your head explode, please?

heh, no

tre, I know youve been to Carter-Finley for football, but since you live down there, do you ever actually go to see Duke, UNC, or maybe NCState hoops games?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 pm

i haven't been to a dook game in 10 years. the place disgusts me almost as much as the people in the place.

i had carolina season tickets for a few years but its a hassle to get there (as chapel hill is the far corner of the triangle and could require a 2 hr trip home depending on traffic getting out on the 1 road out of chapel hill).

i go to the one off rcc game. i prefer to go there for hockey games.

i like going to wake games because one of my wife's fellow mbalumni brings us into the deacon club so we can drink beers before the game and at halftime.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i like going to wake games because one of my wife's fellow mbalumni brings us into the deacon club so we can drink beers before the game and at halftime.

okay, offically i am now very jealous of you tre.... :roll:
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i like going to wake games because one of my wife's fellow mbalumni brings us into the deacon club so we can drink beers before the game and at halftime.

clearly you haven't watched many wake games over the last few years. i can assure you that the excitement is NOT on the court. same could be said for the boys in baby blue this year... which leads to the fans finding matinees and yoga classes

EDIT - by the way, i personally enjoy creighton games at the qwest/century link much more than the home games at the tobacco road schools as there's nowhere near the basketball entitlement in the crowd in the big o as there is on tobacco road.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:05 pm

clearly you haven't watched many wake games over the last few years. i can assure you that the excitement is NOT on the court. same could be said for the boys in baby blue this year... which leads to the fans finding matinees and yoga classes

EDIT - by the way, i personally enjoy creighton games at the qwest/century link much more than the home games at the tobacco road schools as there's nowhere near the basketball entitlement in the crowd in the big o as there is on tobacco road.

i wasn't jealous with respect to the performace of Wake on the court. I was jealous with respect to how you were treated when at a Wake game, the true :tophat treatment
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:19 pm

meh - i've been in one of the boxes for rcc and creighton and both of those were much better experiences... but that's like saying first class on an airline is better than coach
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:meh - i've been in one of the boxes for rcc and creighton and both of those were much better experiences... but that's like saying first class on an airline is better than coach

you have far more :tophat luxury box experiences than I do.

surprised to hear that Creighton was a better experience. fiance #2's brother was a Marist grad. He brought me to one of their games (against Iona if I remember correctly.) i was in the Marist "luxury box" (for lack of a better term) at the Marist court in Poughkeepsie NY. that was a ... meh... experience. Any one of the luxury boxes at Conte Forum are better than the one they had a Marist.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:55 pm

I like TRE's stories from the Wal-Marty parts of the country he's lived in.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:58 pm

creighton has an arena that's on par with rcc's pnc arena. the century link holds 18k for hoops, a little less for hockey (nebraska omaha calls it home), and was the home of the last 2 swimming olympic trials. comparing it to marist is like comparing alumni to rockytop or the big house
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I like TRE's stories from the Wal-Marty parts of the country he's lived in.

i prefer manny's stories of the more wal-marty places that he's lived... but thanks all the same
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Marist's gym is a glorified high school gym. We played St Anthony's there.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:03 pm

For the record, I don't believe that the McCann Center has any luxury boxes, nor even has a spot for them. My memory could be off, however, and all Google photos could be taken from that side of the arena.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:For the record, I don't believe that the McCann Center has any luxury boxes, nor even has a spot for them. My memory could be off, however, and all Google photos could be taken from that side of the arena.

it was a "luxry box room" (so to speak) where you climbed the bleachers and went into a "room" with the spendier alumni where they had a beer keg or some such thing. and this "room" had an opening in the wall to watch the game

that was their "luxury box" at Marist in 1998 anyway
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:08 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:creighton has an arena that's on par with rcc's pnc arena. the century link holds 18k for hoops, a little less for hockey (nebraska omaha calls it home), and was the home of the last 2 swimming olympic trials. comparing it to marist is like comparing alumni to rockytop or the big house

fair enough

apparently all the NCAA division-1 basketball "mid-majors" are far from "equal" in their hoops amenities for fans
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:56 pm

is maryland making the NCAA cut?

the concensus is that Duke, Miami, and NCState (barring a total catastrophe down the stretch) are in the tourney. But what about Maryland? They have 16 wins right now, will they make the cut?

tre says no, they wont make it. i refuse to believe the number 1 rebounding team in the NCAA (24th best in field goal percentage i might add) will miss the tourney if they win at least 21. they are going to win 21, they will probably win 23+

Feb 7 @ VT 9:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Feb 10 vs UVA 1:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Feb 16 vs #4 DUKE 6:00 PM ET

Feb 19 @ BC 9:00 PM ET (Sadly, a Maryland Win)

Feb 23 vs CLEM 12:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Feb 27 @ GT 8:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Mar 2 @ WAKE (Maryland Win)

Mar 6 vs UNC 7:00 PM ET

Mar 10 @ UVA 6:00 PM ET

I see at least 6 more wins, maybe 7. They'll be in.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm

espn has my huskies playing duke in the first round, 1 vs 16

pissah
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm

WTF is Michigan wearing?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:18 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:is maryland making the NCAA cut?

the concensus is that Duke, Miami, and NCState (barring a total catastrophe down the stretch) are in the tourney. But what about Maryland? They have 16 wins right now, will they make the cut?

tre says no, they wont make it. i refuse to believe the number 1 rebounding team in the NCAA (24th best in field goal percentage i might add) will miss the tourney if they win at least 21. they are going to win 21, they will probably win 23+

Feb 7 @ VT 9:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Feb 10 vs UVA 1:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Feb 16 vs #4 DUKE 6:00 PM ET

Feb 19 @ BC 9:00 PM ET (Sadly, a Maryland Win)

Feb 23 vs CLEM 12:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Feb 27 @ GT 8:00 PM ET (Maryland Win)

Mar 2 @ WAKE (Maryland Win)

Mar 6 vs UNC 7:00 PM ET

Mar 10 @ UVA 6:00 PM ET

I see at least 6 more wins, maybe 7. They'll be in.

Yes, Maryland will get in. I agree they need 21 wins, and that means they just have to go .500 the rest of the way (including ACC Tournament). They're pretenders and won't be deserving of an at-large, but I can't see the selection committee shutting out an ACC team with 21 wins.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 am

unless they are located in blacksburg virginia
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:unless they are located in blacksburg virginia

please stop standing in the way of me talking out of my ass.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:06 pm

yeah 22-11, that was awful

perhaps division-1 was just a wee bit "top heavy" that year with the bar set above 22 wins? i think that there is zero chance the bar will be set that high in 2013, far too many of the best teams are not quite that good with Duke, Michigan, Kansas, Indiana, all suffering shocking losses.

Maryalnd wins 21 regular season games (this year?), they are in....
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:12 pm

you got told by a guy that doesn't even like sports

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 pm

That's OK, Creighton started showing their true colors tonight.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 am

yeah they sucked, 20-4. Probably finish somewhere in the 25-5 range.

but my Huskies won tonight
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:03 am

fuck you and your anti-omaha agenda!

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 am

Albany is 18-7, but 7-4 in the conference. Weird to be that good OOC for a 3rd place team in the America East. Sad part is, they have three losses OOC and there should only be the one to Ohio State.

America East is actually pretty good this year. Its no OVC or CAA, but it has 3 legit teams.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum